Mika in Vienna, Austria at Gasometer

Christine

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

austrian basically is just german with a dialect, only a few different words - it's a bit like british vs. american english. :wink2: but you should be fine in vienna with english. :wink2:

i like vienna, have great memories of all the concerts i went to there (take that and some other boybands). :wub2: not sure if i'm going to this though, depends on who else is going where and on flight prices.

You've been to take that? :wub2: I remember they had really expensive prices at the Beautiful World tour.

Used to be a fan before Mika... :teehee:

Oh wow, good find! That's a lot cheaper! That almost brings my total for flights and hotel to below £100! I spent £80 on train fare to get to and from London the other day for the free gig so this is a bargain!

(Or so I keep telling myself :roftl:)

You've been to take that? :wub2: I remember they had really expensive prices at the Beautiful World tour.

Used to be a fan before Mika... :teehee:

me too. used to follow them like i do now with mika, when i was around 17. and again for their comeback tour in 2006... but then in 2007 when they were touring at the same time like mika, i went to the tt gig in stuttgart instead of mika in dusseldorf, which i regretted later, and also i tried to meet them in berlin & one day later met mika there - and those experiences showed me the difference so clearly that since then i still like their music and would go to see them if they came to munich, but nothing else. just sold my huge tt collection a few weeks ago. :bleh:

anyway, i met them in vienna just a few days before they split up, and that's a really good memory i have of them, one of the best actually. that's why vienna is somehow special to me. y'know, i always had these "good luck" and "bad luck" cities, and every time i went there, it became true again. :naughty: no matter whether for concerts or just on holiday. but then, berlin was always my biggest "bad luck" city, and with mika in 2007 this totally turned around, his gig and aftershow m+g there were fabulous! :wub2: same this year. so maybe berlin and vienna have swapped places, if vienna was the best city and berlin the worst for take that, it might be the other way round now for mika. :naughty: whatever. i'll just book my german gigs first and then see how much money i have left. :bleh:

Oh wow, good find! That's a lot cheaper! That almost brings my total for flights and hotel to below £100! I spent £80 on train fare to get to and from London the other day for the free gig so this is a bargain!

(Or so I keep telling myself :roftl:)

Yeah! they're nice hotels...not crappy...just what you need! :wink2: I've always stayed in those when going to Paris...well except this year when I needed a hotel nearer the venue ...:naughty: Yeah it will turn out pretty cheap for us too. (me an mum)

me too. used to follow them like i do now with mika, when i was around 17. and again for their comeback tour in 2006... but then in 2007 when they were touring at the same time like mika, i went to the tt gig in stuttgart instead of mika in dusseldorf, which i regretted later, and also i tried to meet them in berlin & one day later met mika there - and those experiences showed me the difference so clearly that since then i still like their music and would go to see them if they came to munich, but nothing else. just sold my huge tt collection a few weeks ago. :bleh:

anyway, i met them in vienna just a few days before they split up, and that's a really good memory i have of them, one of the best actually. that's why vienna is somehow special to me. y'know, i always had these "good luck" and "bad luck" cities, and every time i went there, it became true again. :naughty: no matter whether for concerts or just on holiday. but then, berlin was always my biggest "bad luck" city, and with mika in 2007 this totally turned around, his gig and aftershow m+g there were fabulous! :wub2: same this year. so maybe berlin and vienna have swapped places, if vienna was the best city and berlin the worst for take that, it might be the other way round now for mika. :naughty: whatever. i'll just book my german gigs first and then see how much money i have left. :bleh:

Oh...that's bad...I've given up on them because I thought in the end that they're not appropriate for my age...I mean...their music is not the kind a teenager should like! :aah:

Yeah! they're nice hotels...not crappy...just what you need! :wink2: I've always stayed in those when going to Paris...well except this year when I needed a hotel nearer the venue ...:naughty: Yeah it will turn out pretty cheap for us too. (me an mum)

Oh...that's bad...I've given up on them because I thought in the end that they're not appropriate for my age...I mean...their music is not the kind a teenager should like! :aah:

Is it a European chain then? I'm actually totally 100% going now. I did wonder if I'd chicken out on Monday morning but there's no way I'm not going, especially as the venue is 2-3000, that's brilliant. I've totally fallen in love with smaller gigs lately, ever since Sadler's Wells. GAH!

And just butting into your Take That conversation, it doesn't matter about what you "should" like, if you like it, then like it. I quite like them - I'm not a massive fan, but I do like them, and let me assure you, there's no shame in it. :thumb_yello:

Is it a European chain then? I'm actually totally 100% going now. I did wonder if I'd chicken out on Monday morning but there's no way I'm not going, especially as the venue is 2-3000, that's brilliant. I've totally fallen in love with smaller gigs lately, ever since Sadler's Wells. GAH!

And just butting into your Take That conversation, it doesn't matter about what you "should" like, if you like it, then like it. I quite like them - I'm not a massive fan, but I do like them, and let me assure you, there's no shame in it. :thumb_yello:

Yes it's an European chain and it really made me laugh that they have the same pics on all their websites! :roftl:

Yes! I loved the feeling of a smaller venue too! It's fantastic! And after seeing the PDP DVD I was so dissapointed that I might never get the chance to go to an "intimate" gig... but I did and I'd liek to experience the bigger venues gigs too! :biggrin2:

Yeah I know...but found (still do) Mika being a lot better. They're music was very mature...and it was just for the sake of having a fav band. When I was 12-14 I used to be a massive Blue fan. I was just as I am now with Mika...I just didn't have the internet connection and too much of their music. I used to get all my information from magazines and TV and well...provided that Romania is an isolated country :naughty: you can imagine I had very little of that...but since I was a Blue fan, my wish of moving to London never left me...even if I'm not a fan anymore. Never seen them live. And also I have say that that was my time when I learned english very well...not having internet connection I was very curious of what their lyrics said and I was spending a lot of time listening over and over again to those songs and wrote the lyrics down... that's how I got to love learning english because I had been studying english since I was 3 but for few years is one of my greatest passions. :wub2:

Yes it's an European chain and it really made me laugh that they have the same pics on all their websites! :roftl:

Yes! I loved the feeling of a smaller venue too! It's fantastic! And after seeing the PDP DVD I was so dissapointed that I might never get the chance to go to an "intimate" gig... but I did and I'd liek to experience the bigger venues gigs too! :biggrin2:

Yeah I know...but found (still do) Mika being a lot better. They're music was very mature...and it was just for the sake of having a fav band. When I was 12-14 I used to be a massive Blue fan. I was just as I am now with Mika...I just didn't have the internet connection and too much of their music. I used to get all my information from magazines and TV and well...provided that Romania is an isolated country :naughty: you can imagine I had very little of that...but since I was a Blue fan, my wish of moving to London never left me...even if I'm not a fan anymore. Never seen them live. And also I have say that that was my time when I learned english very well...not having internet connection I was very curious of what their lyrics said and I was spending a lot of time listening over and over again to those songs and wrote the lyrics down... that's how I got to love learning english because I had been studying english since I was 3 but for few years is one of my greatest passions. :wub2:

Brilliant! All future holidays to Europe will be based on the locations of that chain of hotels, providing the stay in Vienna goes smoothly.

I don't think I'd go to a big venue to see him. I mean, I'd probably go to the O2 in London, but I definitely wouldn't travel far to see him in a big venue. I just dont' like them as much as smaller ones.

I think it's wicked that Blue helped you with your English, and it must have done the trick because your English is really very good. I think it's such a shame that they don't teach English kids another language from a young age because when you're a child you can pick it up more easily, so instead, us English folk can ask where the station is in French and know how to say a couple of naughty words, but apart from that are quite pathetic in the multilingual department. :(

Brilliant! All future holidays to Europe will be based on the locations of that chain of hotels, providing the stay in Vienna goes smoothly.

I don't think I'd go to a big venue to see him. I mean, I'd probably go to the O2 in London, but I definitely wouldn't travel far to see him in a big venue. I just dont' like them as much as smaller ones.

I think it's wicked that Blue helped you with your English, and it must have done the trick because your English is really very good. I think it's such a shame that they don't teach English kids another language from a young age because when you're a child you can pick it up more easily, so instead, us English folk can ask where the station is in French and know how to say a couple of naughty words, but apart from that are quite pathetic in the multilingual department. :(

Yeah they're good hotels and I told you...for a flash-holiday they're perfect.

Yeah well...I have no choice! :teehee:

Thank you! :pinkbow: that's too bad ! I've been learning Engish since I was 3 because my mum is very good at it. And since Blue I also developed this passion for UK (England mostly) and everything related to it! Then French I've been learning since I was in the 5th grade (6 years ago - since I was 10) and Italian I started learning last year but I can see the difference between learning a new language at this age. It's getting harder. Besides I know a bit of Spanish, I can read Russian, some Hindi and my Romanian. :biggrin2:

I'm really looking forward to meeting you, Jazzy! :original:(this is your name or just the nickname? :teehee: )

Yeah they're good hotels and I told you...for a flash-holiday they're perfect.

Yeah well...I have no choice! :teehee:

Thank you! :pinkbow: that's too bad ! I've been learning Engish since I was 3 because my mum is very good at it. And since Blue I also developed this passion for UK (England mostly) and everything related to it! Then French I've been learning since I was in the 5th grade (6 years ago - since I was 10) and Italian I started learning last year but I can see the difference between learning a new language at this age. It's getting harder. Besides I know a bit of Spanish, I can read Russian, some Hindi and my Romanian. :biggrin2:

I'm really looking forward to meeting you, Jazzy! :original:(this is your name or just the nickname? :teehee: )

Gosh, I'm mega jealous of your language abilities, that's so brilliant that you can do all that. We start learning French at age 11 here and I was never very interested until AFTER I left school. I got by pretty well in Paris, but I'm really forgetful when it comes to tenses and stuff. It comes in quite handy though because no one in my college could speak French at all so me and my best friend would have secret conversations without worryin about being overheard, just saying silly stuff like 'there are lots of dead cows in the countryside' and then our teacher came over and said in English 'I don't care how many dead cows there are in the countryside, will you get on with your work?' We had to be a little less obvious after that. :aah:

I'm looking forward to meeting you too! And my name's Laura, much less exciting than Jazzy, but my school years were probably a lot easier than they would have been if I'd been called Jazy in real life, hahaa. Oh gosh I'm getting properly excited now!

Gosh, I'm mega jealous of your language abilities, that's so brilliant that you can do all that. We start learning French at age 11 here and I was never very interested until AFTER I left school. I got by pretty well in Paris, but I'm really forgetful when it comes to tenses and stuff. It comes in quite handy though because no one in my college could speak French at all so me and my best friend would have secret conversations without worryin about being overheard, just saying silly stuff like 'there are lots of dead cows in the countryside' and then our teacher came over and said in English 'I don't care how many dead cows there are in the countryside, will you get on with your work?' We had to be a little less obvious after that. :aah:

I'm looking forward to meeting you too! And my name's Laura, much less exciting than Jazzy, but my school years were probably a lot easier than they would have been if I'd been called Jazy in real life, hahaa. Oh gosh I'm getting properly excited now!

I'm not perfect in French... but yes, I was really happy to see in Paris that people could actually understand me! :aah:

Oh my God, that is so funny! :floor: secret conversations.

Nice to meet you ,Laura! :biggrin2:

You are? :biggrin2: great...you should see the vibe in my house right now. All my family is so high about this as if we're leaving tomm! :roftl:

I'm not perfect in French... but yes, I was really happy to see in Paris that people could actually understand me! :aah:

Oh my God, that is so funny! :floor: secret conversations.

Nice to meet you ,Laura! :biggrin2:

You are? :biggrin2: great...you should see the vibe in my house right now. All my family is so high about this as if we're leaving tomm! :roftl:

Yeah, you always feel really pleased with yourself if you manage to say something that makes sense. Even if it's just simple stuff like asking for milk with your tea, it gives you a buzz. :biggrin2:

Nice to meet you too!! I'm assuming your name is Bianka and you're not hiding behind any silly names like me!

That's so sweet that everyone's getting excited. I can't even tell my mum and dad because they'd tell me off for going abroad just to see Mika when he's in London ALL the time. Still, it'll be an experience, flying to Vienna on my own and seeing Mika in a small(ish) venue. :biggrin2: We Are Golden came on a little while ago and I started dancing around my room, though with clothes on, hahahah.

Yeah, you always feel really pleased with yourself if you manage to say something that makes sense. Even if it's just simple stuff like asking for milk with your tea, it gives you a buzz. :biggrin2:

Nice to meet you too!! I'm assuming your name is Bianka and you're not hiding behind any silly names like me!

That's so sweet that everyone's getting excited. I can't even tell my mum and dad because they'd tell me off for going abroad just to see Mika when he's in London ALL the time. Still, it'll be an experience, flying to Vienna on my own and seeing Mika in a small(ish) venue. :biggrin2: We Are Golden came on a little while ago and I started dancing around my room, though with clothes on, hahahah.

Exactly! :biggrin2:

Yes it's Bianka....tehnically is Bianca with a "C" but I don't really care...write it however you want. :wink2:

That's ok! :lmfao: IMO at least!

That's so cool...you've just reminded me: I have the house for my own self right now...and yesterday I've jsut received a new certain album :fisch:

I'm gonna go now...not dancing neccessarilly, but doing something else at least! talk to you soon! :huglove:

Exactly! :biggrin2:

Yes it's Bianka....tehnically is Bianca with a "C" but I don't really care...write it however you want. :wink2:

That's ok! :lmfao: IMO at least!

That's so cool...you've just reminded me: I have the house for my own self right now...and yesterday I've jsut received a new certain album :fisch:

I'm gonna go now...not dancing neccessarilly, but doing something else at least! talk to you soon! :huglove:

Ah, was the K you rebelling against your given name?

I will definitely speak to you soon - the countdown in your sig just made me realise how long it is til this gig, and I've seen him 4 times since June, so it's kind of a loooong way away, after that, but no doubt I'll see him in the UK before that. :aah:

Ah, was the K you rebelling against your given name?

I will definitely speak to you soon - the countdown in your sig just made me realise how long it is til this gig, and I've seen him 4 times since June, so it's kind of a loooong way away, after that, but no doubt I'll see him in the UK before that. :aah:

Rebelling...HA! never thought of it that way! I was just acting like Mika that's all! :roftl: For no reason to be honest, noone ever misspronounced my name. :aah:

You lucky girl! :teehee: and I bet you'll see him before in LDN...I wanted to come to LDN initally but it would be harder in what money are concerned...:blush-anim-cl: so I'll say "No" to LDN this next year too...and will wait until I'll get my a** there for good at UNI. :biggrin2:

Rebelling...HA! never thought of it that way! I was just acting like Mika that's all! :roftl: For no reason to be honest, noone ever misspronounced my name. :aah:

You lucky girl! :teehee: and I bet you'll see him before in LDN...I wanted to come to LDN initally but it would be harder in what money are concerned...:blush-anim-cl: so I'll say "No" to LDN this next year too...and will wait until I'll get my a** there for good at UNI. :biggrin2:

Ohhh you're coming here for uni? That's fab. I got out of London for uni, but it's just a short train ride away, so I'll be doing London, Birmingham and Manchester gigs now, because I'm relatively close to all of them, so it's actually better. :biggrin2:

But London is a mega expensive place to come for a gig, it's not just hotels and flights but the general cost of being there. Everything is mega pricey.

Ohhh you're coming here for uni? That's fab. I got out of London for uni, but it's just a short train ride away, so I'll be doing London, Birmingham and Manchester gigs now, because I'm relatively close to all of them, so it's actually better. :biggrin2:

But London is a mega expensive place to come for a gig, it's not just hotels and flights but the general cost of being there. Everything is mega pricey.

Sounds "lovely"! :aah:

Yeah it's kinda like my most important dream to come and study film in LDN... :wub2:

But hey, we ought to save some subjects to talk about when we'll meet, right? :naughty:

Ok...I'm really off now! :aah:

Sounds "lovely"! :aah:

Yeah it's kinda like my most important dream to come and study film in LDN... :wub2:

But hey, we ought to save some subjects to talk about when we'll meet, right? :naughty:

Ok...I'm really off now! :aah:

Oh we'll definitely have loads to talk about, especially seeing as I'm doing film studies for my degree (with creative writing, but film studies is much more interesting).

Byeeeee!! :bye:

Oh we'll definitely have loads to talk about, especially seeing as I'm doing film studies for my degree (with creative writing, but film studies is much more interesting).

Byeeeee!! :bye:

ARE YOU SERIOUS? :shocked: I'm so happy to know that! :wub2:

Ok..I'm back...I've done something crazy in the meantime...check out the MFC gig look thread in few mins. :naughty:

ARE YOU SERIOUS? :shocked: I'm so happy to know that! :wub2:

Ok..I'm back...I've done something crazy in the meantime...check out the MFC gig look thread in few mins. :naughty:

Yeah! I've been given a massive book about classicism in Hollywood, so by the time March comes round I may know a bit about it! I did a qualification in media production before uni as well, so it was all short films, music videos, corporate videos etc etc so I'm quite into the whole 'film thing'. :biggrin2:

Have you been experimenting? *goes to thread*

Yeah! I've been given a massive book about classicism in Hollywood, so by the time March comes round I may know a bit about it! I did a qualification in media production before uni as well, so it was all short films, music videos, corporate videos etc etc so I'm quite into the whole 'film thing'. :biggrin2:

Have you been experimenting? *goes to thread*

Oh that sounds great! :biggrin2:

I am very much into the film thing too! :wub2: I just love it more than anything.

Hmm I will ask Ircazo as it is in her hometown

I just looked, it's separate from them, and I looked at prices for other artists, James Morrison:38 euros, Gossip:28.50 euros, PSBs:44-51 euros, so should be interesting to see the price on Monday.