egypt_man

Ok, we all know 'Life in Cartoon Motion' produced six singles -

- Grace Kelly

- Love Today

- Big Girl

- Relax, Take It Easy

- Happy Ending

- Lollipop

My question here is, what songs from 'The Boy Who Knew Too Much' do you think will be released as singles? What songs do you think will do really well commercially? So far, we know 'We Are Golden' and 'Blame it on the Girls' will be released (in some countries) as singles. Personally, I think the following songs have great potential to be released as singles -

- Rain

- Blue Eyes

- Good Gone Girl

- Touches You

- One Foot Boy

Those obviously aren't the only good songs on the album, but I think in general they'll be the most popular songs to be played on the airways, and so could be also be released in their own right.

What does everyone else think? Remember, I'm not asking asking your favourite song/s, but rather the songs you think will be popular enough to be sold separately.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm... good question Matt..

Besides WAG and Blame It On The Girls, probably Touches You, Blue Eyes, Good Gone Girl and By The Time or Pick Up Off The Floor..

I don't know about Rain... I don't think it would chart as well as some of the others... but it's not up to me, is it? :naughty:

Well he said this morning on CM's show that Rain is to be the new single.

Ah, cool, I hadnt heard that about Rain. Personally, it's not in my top 3 songs from the album, but it's still a cool song. I think it'll do alright as a single, and will be played a lot on the radio, but it's just not of the catchiest songs from the new album.

I agree with almost everything you said egypt_man, except for One Foot Boy.

While I enjoy it as a song, I can't see it being a single. For the simple reason that it doesn't make enough sense. That might sound strange, but I just don't think people would click with it enough. I don't know how to explain it better.

I agree with almost everything you said egypt_man, except for One Foot Boy.

While I enjoy it as a song, I can't see it being a single. For the simple reason that it doesn't make enough sense. That might sound strange, but I just don't think people would click with it enough. I don't know how to explain it better.

I have to say, the lyrics are rather odd (they really dont make sense!). But, I dont know, I find the song incredibly catchy. It's definitely one my favourite tracks on the new album. That said, it's possible that non-Mika fans just wont warm to One Foot Boy. It is very "Mika-esque". lol.

I think Touched You would be a really smart move for him because that could really makeit on radio. IMO anyway. The attitude around here has been changing a bit and I could definitely see that doing some good :biggrin2:

Didn't I see or hear somewhere that Blame It On The Girls was next and he was already working on the vid? :blink: