Which songs would you like Mika to release as singles for TBWKTM?

keti

Okay,I guess many of you have heard album samples Lindemfc posted in this thread

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19134

Here are the samples

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b8x3os

So, the question is: which songs would you like Mika to release as singles? If we count that there'll be approx. six or seven singles..

Here's my list:

We Are Golden

Rain

Blame It On The Girls

By The Time

Touches You

Dr John

Blue Eyes

What about you? :original:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, We Are Golden is being released.

Blame It On The Girls

RAIN

I See You

Good Gone Girl

That's 5...If he releases "I See You" I think ti will be one of the last singles...

PS: Where's your avatar from? :blink:

Yeah, counting that WAG is already released of course :roftl:

I think so too. Ballads are usually released as one of the last singles, as far as I'm concerned..

Hmm it's from one screen cap from some video :thumb_yello:

Yeah, counting that WAG is already released of course :roftl:

I think so too. Ballads are usually released as one of the last singles, as far as I'm concerned..

Hmm it's from one screen cap from some video :thumb_yello:

Like Happy Ending! I can see Blame It On The Girls being the next single though. Then Rain...:roftl:

But hey I could be completely wrong...that is, after all, the order in which the album goes in :roftl:

Like Happy Ending! I can see Blame It On The Girls being the next single though. Then Rain...:roftl:

But hey I could be completely wrong...that is, after all, the order in which the album goes in :roftl:

Exactly:thumb_yello:

Ooh I'd love it if he released BIOTG as a single,I think it'd provide him a certain success in USA :biggrin2:

I'm just looking forward to the videos LOL!

YEEESSS! I can't wait to see the videos. :biggrin2:

I'd like if he made a video for "By The Time" similar to what Kylie Minogue and Nick Cave made for their duet "Where The Wild Roses Grow".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8srgfw7GDkM

(love this song too btw:wub2: Kylie and Nick Cave,what an incompatible pair at first sight!)

It's hard to be objective for me, as what I like and what would be commercially successful singles may not be one and the same.:naughty:

In Japan at least, we know BIOTG is the second single, as that was on the Universal.jp web site. I made a thread about it a couple of weeks ago.

I think Rain, Touches you and maybe By the time will be singles. I would love I see you, but I doubt it somehow.

Well, We Are Golden is being released.

Blame It On The Girls

RAIN

I See You

Good Gone Girl

That's 5...If he releases "I See You" I think ti will be one of the last singles...

PS: Where's your avatar from? :blink:

I wanted to say these too.

And maybe if he'd do 6 I'll also go for Dr.John. The video for that could be interesting.:teehee:

If I remember right he told Rain to be the second single in Europe. Then I see Blue Eyes, GGG, One Foot Boy and BIOTG ( not my favourite one ) as singles. But I´m curious what he will do....

We are Golden is a single anyway...

Blame it on the Girls

Dr John

Good Gone Girl

Touches You

One Foot Boy

Pick up off the Floor

are the other ones I'd like as singles, but don't think he'll release dr john as a single, probably also not GGG and One Foot Boy. Instead it'll probably be rain and i see you - the latter sounding like a good christmas single. so the singles that seem most likely to me are:

Blame it on the Girls

Rain

I see you

Touches You

and maybe Pick up off the Floor - it sounds different, but i still can imagine it as a single.

Edited by mellody

YEEESSS! I can't wait to see the videos. :biggrin2:

I'd like if he made a video for "By The Time" similar to what Kylie Minogue and Nick Cave made for their duet "Where The Wild Roses Grow".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8srgfw7GDkM

(love this song too btw:wub2: Kylie and Nick Cave,what an incompatible pair at first sight!)

This is my all time favorite music video ever... I think a lot has to do with the fact that it's probably one of the first, if not the first music video I've ever seen. 1995... so I was about 8. And I've never forgotten it since then. Love it.

Back on topic, after hearing the songs I'd like to see these songs as singles in this order:

We are golden

Rain

Good gone girl

I see you

Blame it on the girls

I LOVE pick up off the floor, but I don't see it doing well as a single.

He said something in an article about not wanting Dr. John to be a single, so I'm not betting on that one.

I'm thinking BIOTG and Rain for sure - I think they both have decent US hit potential, in addition to the rest of the world. Then one of the ballads. Beyond that... I'm not sure. :dunno:

Keep in mind there were only five singles from LICM, I think? Six if you count Lollipop, but that one's an odd one since it was packaged as a re-release double single with Relax, there was never a "proper" video, and I don't think it got much airplay. :blink:

I'm thinking BIOTG and Rain for sure - I think they both have decent US hit potential, in addition to the rest of the world. Then one of the ballads. Beyond that... I'm not sure. :dunno:

yes, I think it is pretty much decided, anyway, but one single might be a double B-side one so altogether 5 songs maximum, I guess...

As for the ballad , I See You sounds to me as the best choice

He said something in an article about not wanting Dr. John to be a single, so I'm not betting on that one.

Keep in mind there were only five singles from LICM, I think? Six if you count Lollipop, but that one's an odd one since it was packaged as a re-release double single with Relax, there was never a "proper" video, and I don't think it got much airplay. :blink:

Lollipop did really well in Holland. It got #13 in the top 40 and still gets played a lot, soooo..:naughty:

Yeah, I think BIOTG and Rain will do really well. Especially since Rain and Relax are kinda alike, I think Rain will do REALLY well, especially in Europe.

Lollipop did really well in Holland. It got #13 in the top 40 and still gets played a lot, soooo..:naughty:

Yeah, I think BIOTG and Rain will do really well. Especially since Rain and Relax are kinda alike, I think Rain will do REALLY well, especially in Europe.

+1 :thumb_yello:

We are Golden is a single anyway...

so the singles that seem most likely to me are:

Blame it on the Girls

Rain

I see you

Touches You

Snap! As for the interesting question of "Which Will be the Christmas Number 1?" I could maybe see Touches You- might be popular with people separated from their Loved One over the holiday.

I still think Toy Boy might have been a possibility, but don't think anything on the EP will be a single.

Snap! As for the interesting question of "Which Will be the Christmas Number 1?" I could maybe see Touches You- might be popular with people separated from their Loved One over the holiday.

I still think Toy Boy might have been a possibility, but don't think anything on the EP will be a single.

I would love 'I See You' to be released at Christmastime. But the only problem with any single released at Christmastime is, The X Factor. The winners single (which is usually some cheesy cover of an old song) always gets the Christmas number one spot!

Still, maybe Mika could change things this year!