Swedish article about Mika: "I’m not single!"

sienna

To my big pleasure I could actually find some articles about Mika in the Swedish press, it seems his short visit in my country gave him some well deserved media attention! :wub2:

But I won’t bother to publish the negative ones, they are not worth it :sneaky2: I'll stick to the ones which has some kind of interest for us, like this one:

http://nyheter24.se/noje/kandisar/348533-intervju24-sverigeaktuella-mika

He is together with someone but would not say with whom.

Photo: Jeff Christensen

Nyheter24 meets Mika

"I'm not single."

Mika is up to date with their new album The Boy Who Knew Too Much and is coming to Sweden in March next year for an exclusive concert.

But listen up! Even now he is in Sweden for giving us a little teaser in the form of a performance of Skavlan of SVT.

Nyheter24 got an exclusive interview with the man who gave the lollipop music a face. We learned that under his colourful show-world hides something very dark and mysterious, a fairytale.

We let your readers ask what questions you wanted to Mika and this is the result, you feel happy.

Hey Mika, how are you doing in Sweden?

- Great, but it is cold. It is not in London anyway. Do you know how to describe the winter there? By dipping a piece of paper in cold water.

Finally, you were in Sweden was two years ago. What memories you have from the visit?

- Sweden is a unique country that is very Scandinavian - obviously (laughs). What is so special is just that I have not figured out what is so special about Sweden.

What is the difference with this album compared to your last, Life in Cartoon Motion?

- I have taken a step forward. This album is like pop at night. The album is much darker. Of course, the feeling persists on this disc but it is a bit Tim Burton-feeling over it. The album is honest, darker and more personal.

When did you decide to dedicate to music?

- When I was twelve, or perhaps earlier than that. I had it really hard in school because I suffer from dyslexia, so finally I did not go there. During a whole year, I had nothing to do. My mom suggested that I would devote myself to music. Which I did and I became good very quickly.

If the feeling happy should personalize it would spell Mika. Where will all your joy come from?

- The joy is defending me against the hard and miserable in my life. I can handle difficulties by being happy. Maybe it has something to do with my Lebanese background. When something was hard we took like a cocktail (laughter). When I was younger, I turned to music when I felt something hard, the music was worth something.

- When I'm standing on the stage, I am not afraid of anything. One can not believe it's the same guy as when I was younger. Then I wore weird clothes and was shy. I explode on the scene.

Do you know any Swedish artist?

- Yes, Robyn, I know. I have met her a few times.

If you would cooperate with a Swedish artist, who would it be?

- The Knife I think is quite amazing.

If you could choose to receive 100 million pounds in your hand or sell 20 million records, what would you choose?

- If I were to take the money, I would still use them to make a cruel show that I would tour with. But I would certainly choose to sell the discs.

What do you do in your spare time?

- I buy things I do not know what to do with, then I give them back. I cook too, but it use to be a disaster. The only thing I can do is sauces. You know, I love the crisp bread. I have said in an interview earlier that I love it. Then a crisp bread manufacturer gave me bread as long as I live. I got type 100 package to begin with.

Who did you want to be when you were little?

- Lucky Luke. I wanted those hips and hair. But it was quite the opposite.

What's the first thing you do in the morning?

- Touch my hair and my ears. When I was little it was the hair and ears I was most afraid of losing.

If you would not work with music, what would you like to do?

- I would like to become a brain surgeon. But it would not work because I could never get into any school (laughs).

What about your love life, are you single?

- No, I'm not.

Who are you with?

- I would not tell who it is, I have kept it secret for so long and it will remain so, "concludes Mika for Nyheter24.

Published: 2009-10-01 18:39

Sophie Strömqvist

:thumb_yello:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Sienna! its a nice article!

The joy is defending me against the hard and miserable in my life. I can handle difficulties by being happy. :wub2:

What's the first thing you do in the morning?

- Touch my hair and my ears. When I was little it was the hair and ears I was most afraid of losing. :blink:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I would like to become a brain surgeon. But it would not work because I could never get into any school (laughs).

- Sweden is a unique country that is very Scandinavian - obviously (laughs). What is so special is just that I have not figured out what is so special about Sweden.

:lmfao:

Mika not single? I just heard the sound of millions of hearts breaking :naughty:

(And one of them was mine :wink2: )

I'd read the rest of the article, but I'm actually in the middle of a conversation with a cute boy :biggrin2:

Edited to add: He turned out to be a nice boy. I may talk to him again some time :original:

Edited by riverstwilight

so it has not been aired yet, has it?

PS: as for the rest.....:teehee:

Yes, they actually told us that we should pretend that we had been there on the Friday night for a directly sent programme, but there was no way I could keep this to myself for so long!:wink2:

For the rest: Yes, I agree!:teehee:

Young people in this forum has taught me that almost every girl and boy have dream, realistic or not, that they will eventually marry Mika or at least date him! I think it’s the sweetest thing!:wub2:

But like all articles that are translated back and forth and are an interpretation by the journalist we have to take even this one with a pinch of salt, don’t you think?

To give the dreamers some kind of comfort!:wink2:

OMG brain surgeon, can you imagine the crazy amazing rewirings he would carry out in peoples heads.

Man walks in to see Dr Penniman, "I have been having headaches" *quick operation* Man walks out into street and buries face in the clevage of random big women.

OMG brain surgeon, can you imagine the crazy amazing rewirings he would carry out in peoples heads.

Man walks in to see Dr Penniman, "I have been having headaches" *quick operation* Man walks out into street and buries face in the clevage of random big women.

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Lucky Luke. I wanted those hips and hair. But it was quite the opposite.

OMG :roftl::roftl::roftl:

This article was hilarious. Thank you Sienna so much for posting :thumb_yello: He has kept the secret so long...? Is that what he actually said?

But I'm confused. He said earlier he can cook quite well, didn't he?? :naughty:

Lucky Luke. I wanted those hips and hair. But it was quite the opposite.

OMG :roftl::roftl::roftl:

This article was hilarious. Thank you Sienna so much for posting :thumb_yello: He has kept the secret so long...? Is that what he actually said?

But I'm confused. He said earlier he can cook quite well, didn't he?? :naughty:

Oh yes he have!:roftl:

And he has given a lots of different numbers of how many songs he wrote for his secong album! All between 30 and 85 I think!:naughty:

Don't you just love him for being so easy on "the true"!:wub2:

Oh yes he have!:roftl:

And he has given a lots of different numbers of how many songs he wrote for his secong album! All between 30 and 85 I think!:naughty:

Don't you just love him for being so easy on "the true"!:wub2:

:naughty::wub2:

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

To my big pleasure I could actually find some articles about Mika in the Swedish press, it seems his short visit in my country gave him some well deserved media attention! :wub2:

But I won’t bother to publish the negative ones, they are not worth it :sneaky2: I'll stick to the ones which has some kind of interest for us, like this one:

http://nyheter24.se/noje/kandisar/348533-intervju24-sverigeaktuella-mika

:thumb_yello:

thank you, Sienna! :flowers2:

"If you would not work with music, what would you like to do?

- I would like to become a brain surgeon. But it would not work because I could never get into any school (laughs)."

:naughty::roftl::naughty: