MIKA @ the O2 Academy, Sheffield

dcdeb

I'm just trying to ring the Academy about the exact details of the priority queue to clarify, but their phone line isn't great. And their customer service line is 25p per minute, so I guess I'm having to wait.

ETA: I've just got off the phone after like a 20 minute wait and all you need to do is show the doorman you're on O2 and you get through into the queue.

Wow ... looking forward to how they organise this ... die hard Mika fans some on networks , some not ... :blink:

Feels "messy" hope I am proven wrong

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow ... looking forward to how they organise this ... die hard Mika fans some on networks , some not ... :blink:

Feels "messy" hope I am proven wrong

I'm gonna pop out and get a cheap O2 phone today. I think they have some bricks for about £15 so it's definitely gonna be worth it, and I can use it for all the gigs I ever go to.

I'm gonna pop out and get a cheap O2 phone today. I think they have some bricks for about £15 so it's definitely gonna be worth it, and I can use it for all the gigs I ever go to.

I am already on the contract and will bring a few sims too .. I guess they will look at the sim?

It is giving me the shivers you know? .. two Q's .. one 02 one not , people apart .. :boxed:

We could do with an overall yes it will happen this way across all venues .. although it does seem to be that way huh :shocked:

I am already on the contract and will bring a few sims too .. I guess they will look at the sim?

It is giving me the shivers you know? .. two Q's .. one 02 one not , people apart .. :boxed:

We could do with an overall yes it will happen this way across all venues .. although it does seem to be that way huh :shocked:

Hmm. I have a spare handset and 5 sim cards. But some phones lock if the sim card is taken out...But yeah I'm not liking this, I may be on O2 but it sounds like the die hard fans are being punished for not being on the network. :sneaky2:

I don't know if they'll look at the sims or look at the front of the phone and see if it says O2-UK.

Yeah, but I think the phone needs to be able to take it, so people would need phones that are unlocked, not just the sim card alone.

It does seem very unfair but I suppose it's just business to them, isn't it? And hey, it's working, cos I'm going out to buy a phone later. Psssht.

Yeah, but I think the phone needs to be able to take it, so people would need phones that are unlocked, not just the sim card alone.

It does seem very unfair but I suppose it's just business to them, isn't it? And hey, it's working, cos I'm going out to buy a phone later. Psssht.

It reminds me of one the early gigs I did .. he played Birmingham and we were all in the Q , then ANOTHER Q appeared .. everyone that bought a drink in the bar there (carling it was) had priority:shocked:

It reminds me of one the early gigs I did .. he played Birmingham and we were all in the Q , then ANOTHER Q appeared .. everyone that bought a drink in the bar there (carling it was) had priority:shocked:

Yep, I remeber that, it was my first ever gig, I was very annoyed!

Yeh ... it can be yuck! ... we literally stood from mid day at that gig and the bar empties and walks past us to a Q to our left :shocked:

Well I hope you've learned your lesson...pre-gig drinks are ALWAYS a must. :naughty:

Yes! that was it where Mika walked up the main street .. incredible :naughty:

Anyways ... unless its explained really fairly at the venue it really can be so so messy

I hope they do sort it out well etc. I hate it when things like this get really confusing and then you don't know what's happening...!

Well I hope you've learned your lesson...pre-gig drinks are ALWAYS a must. :naughty:

Now we are talkingggggggggggg :aah:

I was thinking of you earlier ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVgL_3LexnM

I hope they do sort it out well etc. I hate it when things like this get really confusing and then you don't know what's happening...!

Yes ... we will also try (Deb) what is the official stance .

For all of us really , going in blind isnt great

4 DAYS GUYS! :boing:

I have this fear that I'm going to walk past one of you without knowing who you are :naughty:

I'm considering having MFC on my cheek just to make sure :teehee:

If we don't talk to you, you talk to us. Someone didn't talk at Dublin because they were too shy. Overcome it!

i'm going to sssooo can't wait !!!

just a quick question, does Mika take pictures with his fans after the show ???

Expect NOTHING!

All you get is the gig. That's what you're going for.

Thinking of practicalities, what will people do about coats/bags? Do you have to keep them with you during the gig (which'd be a pain) or is there a cloakroom/left luggage place at the O2 where they can be left, does anyone know?

There will be a cloakroom but in the time it takes to check your things in, the room fills up! (I learnt that at my first gig) We all kept coats etc - actually it was chilly in Dublin right until Mika came on.

Weren't there two at the infamous Leeds gig too? A priority queue or something?

Okay everyone. I'm pretty much signing off for the night. I hope to see some of you there !!! I'll be in the black skinny jeans and yellow braces xD Come over if you see me with my friend, also if you need/want O2 sims I will have some on me.

Have an awesome time, as I'm sure you will like me. I cannot wait !!! Eeeeek :boing: xD

Emailed Sheffield, there WILL be an O2 Priority Q, all you need is a phone that is connected to O2.

Does this mean you don't even have to be signed up to the "priority service." You just need to show them that your on 02? (: