MIKA @ the Apollo, Manchester

dcdeb

It has disadvantages too - everyone in my flat's got a grant from the government because their parents aren't on London wages like mine are. PFFFT.

GOD dont even get me started on that. I never got a grant either:mad3:

Anyway happy thoughts....Mika :wub2::wub2:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GOD dont even get me started on that. I never got a grant either:mad3:

Anyway happy thoughts....Mika :wub2::wub2:

Yeeeeeah happy thoughts.

I can't believe it - 7 gigs in 10 days. I'm so lucky it's like 2 days on, 1 day off cos I would be totally knackered by it all. Pssht.

Yeeeeeah happy thoughts.

I can't believe it - 7 gigs in 10 days. I'm so lucky it's like 2 days on, 1 day off cos I would be totally knackered by it all. Pssht.

Oh the joy of youth!!!! That would QUITE LITERALLY kill me. :naughty: Not that I am OLD but I don't have the stamina at 40 that I had fifteen years ago!!

But what a way to go!!!! :freak:

Anyways, I have my Manc tickets now and I can't waaaaiiiiit!!!

Oh the joy of youth!!!! That would QUITE LITERALLY kill me. :naughty: Not that I am OLD but I don't have the stamina at 40 that I had fifteen years ago!!

But what a way to go!!!! :freak:

Anyways, I have my Manc tickets now and I can't waaaaiiiiit!!!

I think there's gonna be a LOT of Red Bull involved in those ten days. Red Bull and chocolate. OH my feet are gonna die from standing between like, 7 and 11. Ah well.

7? You must be broke now. :naughty:

I have my ticket too.

Well, I'm keeping my eyes away from my bank account. I actually bought 12 tickets today, cos I got 4 for Rose and 1 for a friend that's coming to London so it'll actually seem a lot worse in my account than it actually is.

But it's worth it, right? I dunno, this is the first time I'm living away from home so I can take the opportunity to be downright silly without my parents going nutty at me. They're only gonna find out about 3, I think. :naughty:

Well, I'm keeping my eyes away from my bank account. I actually bought 12 tickets today, cos I got 4 for Rose and 1 for a friend that's coming to London so it'll actually seem a lot worse in my account than it actually is.

But it's worth it, right? I dunno, this is the first time I'm living away from home so I can take the opportunity to be downright silly without my parents going nutty at me. They're only gonna find out about 3, I think. :naughty:

Its totally worth it. I wish I was going to more.

Its totally worth it. I wish I was going to more.

Oh but one's plenty, and it'll make that one all the more special. I'm worried that I won't be able to tell my videos and pics apart from each other. I might just get 7 SD cards and use one for each gig so there is no confusion. :aah:

My poor youtube account is going to have an uploading session like it's never seen before in its entire life.

Oh but one's plenty, and it'll make that one all the more special. I'm worried that I won't be able to tell my videos and pics apart from each other. I might just get 7 SD cards and use one for each gig so there is no confusion. :aah:

My poor youtube account is going to have an uploading session like it's never seen before in its entire life.

:roftl: That might be best.

I have a 2gb memory card so I think that will be enough for one gig.

:roftl: That might be best.

I have a 2gb memory card so I think that will be enough for one gig.

Yeah it should be. I take my pictures on the highest quality and do a lot of videos too and 2GB is normally enough, but I have two spares cos I usually run over a little bit.

It'll be nice to see you there. Did you once tell me you had ancestors from the Manchester area, or did I dream that?? :naughty:

Yeah 3 sets of great grandparents in the vicinity. My brother traced one set to a village in the Peak District (Wormhill maybe?) the last time he was there.

EDIT - yeah I just found this cemetery from Wormhill and even this small list contains two of my family surnames.

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/DARG/WormhillMIs.html

Yeah 3 sets of great grandparents in the vicinity. My brother traced one set to a village in the Peak District (Wormhill maybe?) the last time he was there.

EDIT - yeah I just found this cemetery from Wormhill and even this small list contains two of my family surnames.

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/DARG/WormhillMIs.html

Wow, you are nearly as Northern English as me :roftl:

Will you have chance to visit the Peak District while you are up here??

Wow, you are nearly as Northern English as me :roftl:

Will you have chance to visit the Peak District while you are up here??

Haha...yeah I could be. Those are just the relatives I know about. I'm pretty sure most of the rest are English too. :naughty:

I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to go the Peak District. I've got some time between Dublin and Sheffield but I'm not sure where I'm going to go yet. I have to leave right after Manchester because I'm already dragging the trip out to 9-10 days to stay for the Manchester gig.

Haha...yeah I could be. Those are just the relatives I know about. I'm pretty sure most of the rest are English too. :naughty:

I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to go the Peak District. I've got some time between Dublin and Sheffield but I'm not sure where I'm going to go yet. I have to leave right after Manchester because I'm already dragging the trip out to 9-10 days to stay for the Manchester gig.

Ah that's a shame, but at least you'll be getting a bit of a flavour of the North by visiting Manchester AND Sheffield (although with the queuing it doesn't leave much sightseeing time :boxed:).

I would love to go to the Sheffield gig too, that's my home gig really as I am from South Yorkshire, but as it is the night before Manchester there is no way I can do both :sneaky2:. Never mind.

I would love to go to the Sheffield gig too, that's my home gig really as I am from South Yorkshire, but as it is the night before Manchester there is no way I can do both :sneaky2:. Never mind.

Yeah I don't know how I'm going to do both to be honest. :aah:

Cramming all these gigs in sounds like a wonderful idea until the morning after the first when I feel like I've been hit by a bus and kicked in the head with a boot. :naughty:

There were 3 London gigs over 4 nights in Feb 08 and I was meant to go to a Kate Nash gig on the free night but I don't think I got out of bed until 5 pm. I sent someone else to sell my tickets because I couldn't even make it to the venue. :teehee:

Yeah I don't know how I'm going to do both to be honest. :aah:

Cramming all these gigs in sounds like a wonderful idea until the morning after the first when I feel like I've been hit by a bus and kicked in the head with a boot. :naughty:

There were 3 London gigs over 4 nights in Feb 08 and I was meant to go to a Kate Nash gig on the free night but I don't think I got out of bed until 5 pm. I sent someone else to sell my tickets because I couldn't even make it to the venue. :teehee:

That's only one reason I'm not able to do it, though it is a very significant reason :naughty:.