MIKA @ the Apollo, Manchester

dcdeb

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been talking with fans on the new UK Promotion of Mika thread and a suggestion has been made, of having Flash Mobs in places where Mika is performing.

Flash Mobs are basically fans getting together, dressed up if they want to have a theme, to dance and sing to a Mika song, and someone films it for Youtube.

This would only work if a lot of people want to get involved or it would look quite lame if it's just a few.

It would happen on the day of the gig, probably when people are queing up. What does everyone think? Is it something we could do? It could be a lot of fun if it works out.

We'd need for someone to film us and upload onto Youtube, and the rest of us to just be there with our best moves and singing voices. But it's all something we could discuss, and plan, if we decide to do it.

So what do you all think of the idea? Is it feasable?

Love the idea but I don't think we have enough people to make it effective.

Love the idea but I don't think we have enough people to make it effective.

Well this is why I'm running it by everyone. It's just a suggestion that people have been discussing on the UK promotion thread. We would need to have a lot of people there, so would need to know how many are coming, or would be interested in joining in.

I can't dance either btw. I can wiggle a bit on my walking stick.

• 2 months later...
3 weeks to go :boing:

What time are you thinking of queuing from, Sarah? Karen and I don't want to queue for too long, perhaps a couple of hours at the most (like last time, in Nov 07)

My tickets came too!!

Great! I take it you have seats?

What time are you thinking of queuing from, Sarah? Karen and I don't want to queue for too long, perhaps a couple of hours at the most (like last time, in Nov 07)

Great! I take it you have seats?

Oh yes! No worries this time! I've also booked seats for the 2nd London gig.

Btw, I've started a North West Fans thread in case any North West people are interested. It's in Chat About Mika, unless the mods move it elsewhere.

Will be around from fairly early on (either at Mc D's down the road or in the pub!) as I'm driving from Sheffield straight over and I don't want to pay for my parking at the venue!

Do you know somewhere I can park for free? McD's maybe? (I'd feel so guilty after the bad-mouthing I do about them, but still, a free car-parking place is a free car-parking place!)

I won't be fairly early; I'm going home after Sheffield and catching my breath before I set off again! But I won't be late either...

I'll be there for around 4pm.

My ticket came on Saturday.

I don't know when to start queuing. Not early if it's as cold and wet as today, that's for sure!

I was thinking of getting there around 5pm. Like you say Ruth, if it's freezing then nobody wants to be hanging around any longer than that, surely! And I hear we are in for another cold snap :blink:

Will be around from fairly early on (either at Mc D's down the road or in the pub!) as I'm driving from Sheffield straight over and I don't want to pay for my parking at the venue!

Do you mean the pub down the side of the Apollo near the stage door? Is it ok in there? (I like spit and sawdust pubs, as long as they aren't rough :naughty:)

I was thinking of getting there around 5pm. Like you say Ruth, if it's freezing then nobody wants to be hanging around any longer than that, surely! And I hear we are in for another cold snap :blink:

Do you mean the pub down the side of the Apollo near the stage door? Is it ok in there? (I like spit and sawdust pubs, as long as they aren't rough :naughty:)

I've never been in there later on but during the day it's fine, I often have a few cokes there before a gig. You often meet the support groups there too! Lol!