Mika on NRJ Montréal

sunshine931

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx Mari! :blush-anim-cl::teehee: yes, I bought it during my holidays last August (in Spain) and offered it to him in Brussels (Sept. 2nd) :wub2: And now, this necklace is in Canada:teehee: what a traveller necklace :naughty:

I can't believe he's still looking in gifts we offer to him :wub2:

lucky necklace :naughty:

can't believe it either, especially coz he gets soo many!! :wub2:

translation of Part 1:

interviewers: Mika! he is entering our studio! Glad to meet you!

Mika: Should i be scared?

interviewers: No! not at all

Mika: Are you sure? Who is Eric?

interviewers: It's him!

Eric: Did they tell you to be scared of me?

Mika: huhhhhhhh last time i was here, it was with the boys from La Grande Gueule

interviewers: Were you scared of the boys from des Grandes Gueules?

Mika: no! not at all!

Eric: then why are you scared of me? i'm such a nice guy and i'm cute!

Mika: Yes you are very cute! cute! cute! cute!

interviewer: I think he is saying that just to be polite!

Mika: *recites a little rhyme*

Beau beau beau

tu es beau comme un lavabo

Elle est belle comme la poubelle

*this looses its cuteness in translation**

he is cute like a sink

she is pretty like a garbage

interviewer: what on earth is he singing?? that's totally describes Eric!

interviewer: Mika must have been part of Passe-partout (a very popular children's show in Quebec)

Mika: who sang that song? you know it? and sings it again? if someone knows it, send us a text!

Eric: we don't come from the same country as you, we don't know songs from your part of the world!

Mika: oh from Mars or Pluto!

Eric: how are you? it's the first time i meet you in person?

Mika: oh really? it's true

Eric:

you look like a really nice person, you have curly hair and you are in Montreal!

what are you doing in Montreal? you are giving a show at Wilfred Pelletier at Places des Arts Tuesdays.

Mika: Yes, at Place des Arts. well, last night, i was at Tout le Monde en parle

interviewer: How did it go?

Mika:

I really liked it. There was a writer, Ian Martel, also the wife of Guy Laliberte (owner of cirque du soleil, who is in space at the moment with the Russian astronauts)

interviewers: Yes Claudia

Mika:

She is very nice, very class, very elegant in her ways, very pleasant

interviewers:

did Guy (who is the animator of tout le monde en parle) and his team make you say things that you regret?

Mika: No, why?

interviewer:

No? because sometimes during interviewers on that show, things get coarse, sometimes the questions are hard to answer

Mika:

No, well yes, he is tough, but in a good way. He isn't tough to be mean, he is tough because he wants answers. he asked me alot of questions about my life, my sexuality, and things like that. but it's great, it makes for an interesting in depth television show and i like challenges like that really. If someone is to interview me for 20 minutes, it's great to be able to give our points of view and have the opportunity to defend them. The only thing is, i was really jetlagged, i had 4 expressos before going on air, my hands were shaking under the table. Not because i was nervous, but i had an overdose of caffeine hahaha

Eric:

Mika, you are also here because on sept. 22, your new album, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, my english is so great!

interviewer: Eric is excellent in english!!

Mika: le garcon qui en savait trop (translation of TBWKTM)

Eric: yes le garcon qui en savait trop, that is the translation

interviewer: who is that boy who knew too much?

Mika:

that was me! but now, i know nothing. i forgot everything. the older i get, the stupider i become. i now realise what happens when we turn 90 years old, we forget everything

Eric:

we will listen to the song from your album, We are Golden, the song...

Mika: ah! i want to hear Rain!

Eric: Rain? Rain from your album?

Mika: Yes

*plays the beginning of Rain*

Mika: Oh there it is!

Oooh, that is much more than I expected! :thumb_yello:

Thanks Guy, you are my favourite mod!:fangurl:

What, Wonka isn't the only one who can say that, is she?:mf_rosetinted:

:naughty: willywonka is special, isn't she? :lmao:

i'll do part 2 & 3 when i come back from football, unless sunshine931 continues while i'm gone

Wow, thank you so much for the translation! Since yesterday I was wondering what it was all about. :thumb_yello:

Do we already know when that interview they talked about will be released (is that the right term in that case?)?

the tv show airs tonight, so after 20h00 montreal time, we'll be able to talk about it :wink2:

translation of Part 1:

Mika: huhhhhhhh last time i was here, it was with the boys from La Grande Gueule

Beau beau beau

he is cute like a sink

interviewer: Mika must have been part of Passe-partout (a very popular children's show in Quebec)

Mika: who sang that song? you know it? and sings it again? if someone knows it, send us a text!

Eric: we don't come from the same country as you, we don't know songs from your part of the world!

Eric:

you look like a really nice person, you have curly hair and you are in Montreal!

what are you doing in Montreal? you are giving a show at Wilfred Pelletier at Places des Arts Tuesdays.

Mika:

I really liked it. There was a writer, Ian Martel, also the wife of Guy Laliberte (owner of cirque du soleil, who is in space at the moment with the Russian astronauts)

Mika:

interviewers:

did Guy (who is the animator of tout le monde en parle) and his team make you say things that you regret?

interviewer:

No? because sometimes during interviewers on that show, things get coarse, sometimes the questions are hard to answer

Mika:

No, well yes, he is tough, but in a good way. He isn't tough to be mean, he is tough because he wants answers. he asked me alot of questions about my life, my sexuality, and things like that. but it's great, it makes for an interesting in depth television show and i like challenges like that really. If someone is to interview me for 20 minutes, it's great to be able to give our points of view and have the opportunity to defend them. The only thing is, i was really jetlagged, i had 4 expressos before going on air, my hands were shaking under the table. Not because i was nervous, but i had an overdose of caffeine hahaha

Eric:

Mika, you are also here because on sept. 22, your new album, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, my english is so great!

Mika:

that was me! but now, i know nothing. i forgot everything. the older i get, the stupider i become. i now realise what happens when we turn 90 years old, we forget everything

Eric:

Thank you Guylainem123 for translating this portion.Thanks Droopsy for posting the vid.

I am hoping Guylainem123 that you will translate the rest of it please?

Even watching the vid & not understanding most of it - it looks really good!Thanks.

translation of Part 1:

Beau beau beau

he is cute like a sink

Eric:

Mika:

Mika:

interviewers:

interviewer:

Mika:

Eric:

Mika:

Eric:

Thanks, Guy :huglove:

• 3 months later...

Here is the rest of the translation, for Fangirl in particular :wink2: but for all of you of course. What I translated starts at 2.30 on the YT vid. Love that interview :wub2:

Interviewer : It was the first time we played this song, it’s called ‘Rain’ from the album TBWKTM.

Interviewer 2 : I think it’s the first time that an artist requires a special song.

I : Yes!

Mika : Sorry…

I: No, don’t be. There are 12 hits on this album, it’s incredible, and actually there are 2 CDs here, one with new songs and one live at Sadlers Wells, what is it?

M: It’s an acoustic version. It’s an opera venue, a ballet venue actually. In London. We did an acoustic show.

I: Did you perform in a tutu?

M: (laughs) Yes, on my head. I can do a nice pirouette. :naughty:

I: Mika is extraordinary, because he is in Quebec, he came dressed up with Quebec colours, with a hunting shirt, it’s very fashionable here at the moment

M: Seriously? It’s completely by chance. I didn’t know it was from Quebec.

I: And around your neck you have an arrow sash, that’s quite extraordinary.

M: A what??

I: An arrow sash.

M: What’s that?

I: It’s a traditional piece of clothes here in Quebec.

M: Oh my God but I’m completely dressed up like a tourist!(:roftl:) Oh gosh.. I’d like to say some swear words but I can’t.

I: If somebody brought you a poutine now you would have the whole kit.

You thought you were ‘in’ but you’re dressed up traditionally (like folklore)

There’s the galette festival soon…

So Mika you did a cover of Poker Face from Lady Gaga, but it’s not on your album.

M: No, I did it for a live radio show. We had prepared it the same morning.

I: I haven’t heard it yet but we have an extract from it.

M: Really?

I: Yes, let’s listen to it.

M: It’s the first time I heard it!

I : It’s really good.

M: I don’t know, there are parts with ‘popopop’ that’s fine, actually I have to tell you when I was singing this song, that was that part in the chorus with ‘Can’t read my, can’t read my’ , oh that’s nice I sound like Charlotte Church :biggrin2: that’s the only part that I didn’t really like. I like ‘I wanna love em' like they do in Texas Plays, Fold em' let em' hit me raise it baby stay with me’ :wub2: it’s really nice it’s like a song from the 40s. The man's very good with reverb!

I: He’s been doing that job for 80 years. Can you stay with us for a while?

M: With pleasure.

I : No problem we are so engaging, we are beginning to have an intense relationship. Let’s listen to the news and then we’ll be back with Mika, we haven’t talked about plenty of things yet, what he’s going to do in Montreal…

M: Pirouettes with a tutu over my head. :roftl:

I: We are with Mika, who is really nice. He’s a star in South Korea amongst other places.

M: A star – what?

I: In South Korea.

M: What does that mean? :teehee:

I : ‘South Korea’

M: Ah yes… I’m number 1 over there. I’m gonna do a gig there I think, in a few weeks time.

I: I’ve just learnt from a TV show you did last night that you are dependent on flowers. (Mika laughs)

What does it mean exactly? Do you eat them?

M: Yes, I crunch them. Like a little cow. I’ve got a pancreas that can digest flowers.

I: And you’ve got 4 stomachs.

M: I’ve got 6.

I: So is this dependence real?

M: I spent a lot of money on flowers when I was in the studio, that’s all, it’s very simple.

I: Does it create a nice atmosphere?

M: I don’t know, I like them. I don’t know.

I: You don’t have to justify it.

M: It’s not very eccentric. But the cost was eccentric. After one year, I had spent… well I could have bought an apartment. :blink:

I: How much does that mean?

M: It means, a lot.

I: Are we talking about thousands?

M: Thousands and thousands.

I: Hundreds of thousands?

M: No. It depends if it’s in pounds, in Euros or in dollars.

I: Give me your address and I’ll open up a flower shop next door.

Are they particular flowers or all of them?

M: I hate purple flowers. They make me think of death. I don’t know why. And I like.. I don’t know, it’s just purple flowers I can’t stand.

I: Mika you show some sexual ambiguity, we can’t really know, have you decided upon something or do you continue showing that ambiguity?

M: ‘Decided upon something’. It’s a good question, I think, honestly I discuss sexuality all the time, because I’m fascinated by identity, it’s in all my songs, it was in ‘Grace Kelly’, it was in my whole first album, in the second one too, but I think there’s a way of talking about sexuality without using labels all the time, that’s my perspective and I’ve been saying the same thing for several years. And in my personal life, and that’s a private life, I don’t give myself any limits, I think it’s important not to give yourself limits. Whether you’re 16, 26 or 57.

I: It means you don’t have to choose ‘guy or girl’

M: Absolutely.

I: It’s what falls into your hands.

M: No, not in an irresponsible way!

I: You’re in Montreal because on Wednesday you’re going to sing at ‘La place des Arts’ and until Wednesday, you’ve got 3 days off, what are you going to do?

M: I’m going to prepare my show. I’ve spent the day finding stuff for the stage, we are literally building up the staging now in a studio in Toronto, but I found half of the stuff here in Montreal, so we take them in our car with us tonight, that’s how it is, it’s all handmade at the last minute.

Both interviewers : Ah ouiiiiiiiii?! (=Really?) :roftl:

M: Yes (hesitates and laughs) You’re like little twins ‘Ah ouiiiiii!’ :biggrin2:

I: And the audience will hear your biggest hits of course.

M: It’s a mix of old songs and new ones. In a theatrical concept. The show is called ‘1955’ and it starts with me going up in the outer space because I’m fed up with life on earth. And it’s very funny because it’s just like what Guy Laliberté is doing now, and I didn’t know, it’s so strange.

And then they just remind when his concert is.

Just in case, I want to remind you all I'm here whenever you need something translated in French/English :wink2:

translation of Part 1:

Beau beau beau

he is cute like a sink

Eric:

Mika:

Mika:

interviewers:

interviewer:

Mika:

Eric:

Mika:

Eric:

i just notcied that the first part of your translation isnt on youtube :shocked: anyone know where i could find it??

• 9 months later...

:wink2:all files in one and you can listen on

ZOOPY

2009.10.10 - NRJ Montreal - Mika Interview

http://www.zoopy.com/audio/5fnc/2009-10-10-nrj-montreal-mika-interview

download link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AQLMN421