school things that had something to do with mika or about mika

ellen5000

ok i thought i would make this thread base on what i di at school today we had to print a pic out of our hero and draww the person for homework

shame everyone laughed when they saw who id chosen and you will all probibly know who i chose so i was wondering if this had happened to you you did something at school or collage that seemes to have mika involved plz can you tell me (i may be sounding a bit mad)lol:biggrin2:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I remember when me and my friend would pretend to be year 11 so we could go into the year 11 cafe where they had top 10 on the music channel to watch Mika when Grace Kelly came out.

We had to sneak past dinner ladies too :aah:

lol thats actualy funny i bet it was worth it lol

My volleyball class at school plays music while we are playing in our volleyball gym..Grace Kelly came on and everyone started singing and dancing. Then a minute later over my shoulder came on and everyone started laughing and asking to change the song. Mean while i was secretly enjoying the goodness of mika he he he :mf_lustslow: any song by mika is awesome, i couldnt complain...it was great!!:thumb_yello:

Last year we had this class "CKV" Culturele kunst vorming. (something with culture and art and stuff) And he had to make a presentation about our favorite music. Ofcourse I choose Mika.

When I said: I'm doing my presentation about MIKA. The whole class was like: *sigh* Doooh. :mf_rosetinted: It was funny :naughty:

I made a powerpoint with hot pictures, and showed a movie when he was singing Happy Ending.

The teacher loved it! :biggrin2:

Last year we had this class "CKV" Culturele kunst vorming. (something with culture and art and stuff) And he had to make a presentation about our favorite music. Ofcourse I choose Mika.

When I said: I'm doing my presentation about MIKA. The whole class was like: *sigh* Doooh. :mf_rosetinted: It was funny :naughty:

I made a powerpoint with hot pictures, and showed a movie when he was singing Happy Ending.

The teacher loved it! :biggrin2:

awesome! I want to do something like that for CKV...

I already know I'm gonna write a report about mika in march :biggrin2:

At my school our working at grades are called "WAG" and everytime I see it written down or said, I always laugh because I always think of Mika & we are golden...

Also I didn't take music for GCSE options for the reason my music teacher always kept using Mika references to me when I asked a question nothing to do with what I had said..

Me: "Can I do my piece as a solo on my own without working in a group?"

Teacher: "No, because even the artists you listen to even have their own band" (refering to Mika at this point)

Me: *thinks in my head, "I think I should know that I've seen Mika live before but that's nothing to do with the question!"

Me: "Okay then" *works in a group with others playing a tambourine..*

Also my old french teacher the last thing she ever said to me before she left to go back to France was "You are Mika!"..

Oh I wish I was but sadly we are two different people... but their is a few simularities I guess but not many!..

I am known as the "Mika-kid" at my school.. :thumb_yello:

Ohhh I have an epic school-Mika story! :lmfao:

It was last years school's days (like celebrations and stuff) and we all had to do something special and all my class mates were into this different projects and I was asked by my pshycology teacher to do a project on "The role of art in the emotional memory" :blink: and I thought OMFG that's all I know best! :aah:

I mean...Mika= art+music = my project and I put together a presentation about art and in the end I had to give and example and I made a short presentation about Mika with GK as a soundtrack.

So there I was in the auditorium in front of about 200 people talking to them about Mika and Yasmine and everything else and put GK through the big speakers.

Everyone was so serious and all my friends were :floor: and in the end they were like:

"OMG I can't believe you did that! :lmfao:"

I was soo happy...finally I had the chance to talk about a thing I know so much about...at least about the art behind Mika... :teehee:

It was last years school's days (like celebrations and stuff) and we all had to do something special and all my class mates were into this different projects and I was asked by my pshycology teacher to do a project on "The role of art in the emotional memory" :blink: and I thought OMFG that's all I know best! :aah:

I mean...Mika= art+music = my project and I put together a presentation about art and in the end I had to give and example and I made a short presentation about Mika with GK as a soundtrack.

So there I was in the auditorium in front of about 200 people talking to them about Mika and Yasmine and everything else and put GK through the big speakers.

Everyone was so serious and all my friends were :floor: and in the end they were like:

I was soo happy...finally I had the chance to talk about a thing I know so much about...at least about the art behind Mika... :teehee:

aawwwwww thats so cute :wub2::naughty:

woooo! good on you :thumb_yello:

I would have done exactly the same thing :roftl:

We Year 10s have a Mini Enterprise at our school every Christmas. So it's like a fair, but there's a particular group running their own stall.

Half of our stall is doing cookies, my half (Well okay, just me as the other guy is making the sign for the stall.) are doing Guess The Name Of The Toy.

So two of my friends (Gwen and Martha) ask what I'm doing, the lad says "I think we're doing guess the name of the teddy.".

So Gwen, with the voice of a foghorn, bellows "IS IT MIKA?!!!"

Me: No.:blush-anim-cl:

Gwen: WHAT'S HIS SECOND NAME?! IS IT THAT?!

Martha: What nationality is his name? Is it Greek?

I noticed Sir looked a bit tense, and I didn't fancy yelling PENNIMAN across the classroom so I just shut up.

EDIT: And my writing test in Spanish was about him, because we had to write about a famous person we admired.

Edited by pinkfakecheez

I love related Mika to school stuff. Anything that has to do with music or bands I like I try to include in almost everything. It makes it so much more fun hah

but, this year in art, we're making "persian rug designs" which is just like repeating 4 quadrants around in a circle. So my teacher was like "pick something you like! like halloween or basketball!" I thought, LAME. so mine is now titled "In Cartoon Motion" :teehee:

I'll perhaps post a pic when it's done... or the progress i've made so far... sometime soon. I love it :wub2:

Last year in French, I wrote an essay about MFC and Mika in french :lol3:

And this year I made a Rain-inspired plaque in ceramics. Picture is on my twitpic account...

http://www.twitter.com/nonofmbm

I'll probably be making a lot more :teehee:

ooo i like it!

(also.. did you really tweet 'drinking out of cups' to mika? YOU WIN :thumb_yello:)

I have two things!

In my school we have Health and Fitness classes, and after getting everything ready, Miss realized she forgot the CD :doh:.

So, she asked if anyone had 'dance-y music' with them. I raised my hand. I had my iPod with me, and I have a playlist, titled--- 'WAG REMIXES'.

. . . :biggrin2:

For an hour and a half we just listened to different WAG remixes, and at one point I ran up and just put it on a Mika playlist, and shuffled it.

The best part was that NO ONE complained! :thumb_yello:

I'm the charity rep. for my class, so I was asked to organise something. Someone suggested that whole 'Guess the name of the bear' thing, but my best friend shouted:

"Oh don't say that! It's just gonna be called Mika!"

So, we went with a cake sale. I realised that the cake sale would be on the 21st of September. And most of my school are Mika fans.

We made Mika-cakes.

To get about 50+ cakes, all having something to do with Mika.

That was a great feeling. :wub2:

We raised money, tons, because people just kept on buying them!

*sighs* I love my school.... :blush-anim-cl:

The most major thing I did is when we had to do a band poster for Graphic communications I did Mika. :roftl: I loved it because it was an actual concert date and everything. Here's the link if you want to see it.

I'm going to hang it in my room when I get it back. :naughty: even though it's only 8X16 (I think).

My teacher (Funny enough the same class as above) asked for songs to put into our class "Station" on Pandora, and I recommended some of MIKA's songs into Pandora, but sadly now I regret it, just because I didn't know it would put all of his songs into the station, and I have to tell her to skip some songs and when "lolipop" came on (I thought it was good, and even though it's considered weird, I thought it would be Ok.) everyone begged to change the song, and my friend was saying, "Who would write songs like this?" and when the little girl is talking, she said, "And involve little children!" XP It was a disaster. (Yet I might add, why did they hate it so much and make those comments when it's ok and cool to listen to rappers sing degrading things about women and illegal things?)

Though I'm still planning on playing one of Mika's songs over our announcements. (We do our news on TV, and have a music calender. That reminds me I still need to decide which Mika song to play...)

Good thing I don't care and I'll still talk about Mika (Though I'm trying not to just because I did mention him too much and my friends are probably getting really sick of it.) and listen/play his songs no matter what. My school is full of oddballs anyway. (Though everyone thinks I'm the oddball I'm sure. I probably am but at least I'm unique)

(Can you tell I'm getting sick of my school? XD)

Edited by Buzzbuzz
Forgot about my poster!

I got another thing, it happened to me this week.

In our Music classes, when we get bored near the end of term, we start getting YouTube videos and singing along to them. Kinda like karaoke.

And well, someone suggested Mika, and my class started shouting out stuff from Life In Cartoon Motion, and every kinda turned to me. I suggested Grace Kelly (and WAG, but no one really heard).

So Miss tried to find GOOD QUALITY videos with Lyrics, but she found nothing. No one really trusts online lyrics, so I had to write them on the board. Then, my teacher suggested we use my iPod, but for some reason, she wanted to hear the acoustic version ("Just to hear what it's like" she says).

I play the drums, and I remember learning GK as one of my pieces. My teacher remembers and decides to ask me to play along.

I did, and admittedly, it was really fun! The whole class enjoyed it!

Edited by Fangirl
Whoops. Forgot something.

I have two things!

In my school we have Health and Fitness classes, and after getting everything ready, Miss realized she forgot the CD :doh:.

So, she asked if anyone had 'dance-y music' with them. I raised my hand. I had my iPod with me, and I have a playlist, titled--- 'WAG REMIXES'.

. . . :biggrin2:

For an hour and a half we just listened to different WAG remixes, and at one point I ran up and just put it on a Mika playlist, and shuffled it.

The best part was that NO ONE complained! :thumb_yello:

I'm the charity rep. for my class, so I was asked to organise something. Someone suggested that whole 'Guess the name of the bear' thing, but my best friend shouted:

"Oh don't say that! It's just gonna be called Mika!"

So, we went with a cake sale. I realised that the cake sale would be on the 21st of September. And most of my school are Mika fans.

We made Mika-cakes.

To get about 50+ cakes, all having something to do with Mika.

That was a great feeling. :wub2:

We raised money, tons, because people just kept on buying them!

*sighs* I love my school.... :blush-anim-cl:

wow. your school sounds awesome!:mf_lustslow:

Nice thread :wub2:

Last May I had to prepare something for my Spanish class about what I like and how I spend my free time.

At that time I had just organized everything to go to my first Mika gig on the 06th June so I was really excited :naughty:

I put together a video about Muse, Mika and Queen (I think I've uploaded it somewhere, if you want I can post it :naughty:)

It wasn't really good because I hadn't enough time to make it beautiful..but I was pleasantly surprised because when the Mika part of the video started, with Lollipop as background, everyone in the classroom started to sing along (even my spanish teacher :roftl:).

Then I talked about my passion for music (and obviously for Mika) I didn't follow what I had decided to talk about because I was really excited so I just improvised :naughty:

It was really fun :biggrin2::wub2: