Mika And Your Family/Friends

purplegrape

My mom kinda likes him, she keeps saying that he'd be the perfect son-in-law haha, and she likes that he is very creative and that he makes me smile, but gets annoyed with me talking about him though :teehee:

My dad is actually the one that made me a mikafan! He really liked Grace kelly and then bought the cd... and then I started looking him up on the internet and I found the mfc :wub2:

My brother says he's gay. but I know he has mika music on his ipod!

And I'm gonna try to make my little 2year old sister mika obsessed, so I have someone I can talk to about him :naughty:

oh and my friends like him. well 2 of them do.. One friend hates him and we actually used to have fights about it haha, but not anymore. we respect eachothers opinions now. sorta. :naughty:

One friend really likes him, she went with me to westerpark and she's coming to HMH. and my best friend is starting to like him more, she says she really loves the new album which makes me very happy :biggrin2: and she loves the WAG vid. oh and another friend says he officialy likes mika since the WAG vid :teehee:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My mom says he's good looking :teehee: "ah, if he only was 10 years older :das:" :roftl: and she likes Toy Boy, Grace Kelly, Rain. :biggrin2:

My dad hates him. :boxed:

My aunt says he's good looking too :naughty: (I'm going to the Dublin gig with my mom and my aunt...They wanna see him :naughty: I'm scared by what they could say :roftl:) but she doesn't know very much his music. She likes WAG though :naughty:

My friends: most of them like Mika..1 or 2 are fans (but not nearly as MikaCrazy as me :blush-anim-cl::teehee:).

I don't think my parents have heard much of his music, but at least they know who he is. When he did one of his first interviews here a couple of years ago I actually watched with my parents, and my dad (who is a musician and music teacher) was fascinated since he has classical training and does that type of pop music. And when I mentioned wanting to go to a Mika show to my mother a few days ago, she actually remembered that interview...

- My mom likes some of his songs

- My dad likes most of his songs, and performs little parodies of them whislt he's cooking :naughty:

- My sisters like some of his songs

- SOME of my friends like SOME of his songs, about one or two of them like all of his songs and most of them love his artwork

- My nan and aunts think he's lovely :teehee:

- My grandad...well, all I get from him is he looks like the guy from the 118 advert. Everytime he sees Mika he shouts '118' :naughty: but he likes Grace Kelly :biggrin2:

My husband always says he's not a fan but he likes his music, but he knows all about him and knows all the lyrics haha.

He's crazy about blue eyes and rain , he always go's with me to the concerts.

Oh and he really liked it when mika signed his shirt but he won't admit it :roftl:.But he often teases me with mika.

My sons are always like their daddy so the tease me with mika too , and say they don't like him.

But when i'm watching his videoclips they come running into the livingroom so they won't miss a thing.

But i've caught them watching some video's on yt :roftl:.

Oh and they asked me to take then to a gig once , but i will when they are over 12, i know they don't have enough patience at this moment.

My parrot loves his music because he starts dancing when i listen to his music :roftl: to bad he won't say mika yet.

My husband always says he's not a fan but he likes his music, but he knows all about him and knows all the lyrics haha.

He's crazy about blue eyes and rain , he always go's with me to the concerts.

Oh and he really liked it when mika signed his shirt but he won't admit it :roftl:.But he often teases me with mika.

My sons are always like their daddy so the tease me with mika too , and say they don't like him.

But when i'm watching his videoclips they come running into the livingroom so they won't miss a thing.

But i've caught them watching some video's on yt :roftl:.

Oh and they asked me to take then to a gig once , but i will when they are over 12, i know they don't have enough patience at this moment.

My parrot loves his music because he starts dancing when i listen to his music :roftl: to bad he won't say mika yet.

Please tell him a parrot from MFC said hello!:wub2:

I am the parrot in my sig!:biggrin2:

So there is hope that your parrot will come on the MFC one day just like me!:naughty:

hahaha i didn't even see it was a parrot haha . well he sometimes get on my keyboard , i'll let him type one day haha , his name is rocky

My mom likes him.... she has an obsession with Rain right now :teehee:

My dad says he likes his music but not 24/7 Like I do :fisch: And he's one to place nasty comments via sexuality, too.

My brothers and sisters are the same, they really don't like him.

And my friends.

You wouldn't believe the amount of stick I get at school :sneaky2:

My brother isn't a huge Mika fan like myself but he does think he's a good entertainer.

My mum really likes his voice and performances and also thinks he's very witty. :naughty:

My best friend loves him and can't wait to see him next February with me.

What does your family and friends think anout Mika?

His music

His artwork

His videos

His songs

His style

Etc?

Ha!

My husband thinks he's a nice young man but doesn't see what the fuss (my fuss) is about.

My eldest son said that his girlfriend would rather have pins stuck in her eyes than to come with me to see him in Manchester.

My second son won't stay in the room if I start...

My daughter thinks I'm crazy but she humours me sweetly.

They know nothing of his artwork or his videos :sneaky2:

I don't think my boyfriend has heard much of his music except for Grace Kelly. We are golden was on the radio last night as we were driving home, so I turned up the volume and sang along. He thought it was the 'Teenage mutant ninja turtles' song.

My son calls him a geek and says he has no muscles, so he shouldn't have done the WAG vid in his underpants. He likes SOME of Mika's music but not all. He thinks LICM is a better album than TBWKTM and when he saw the Rain vid, he said

"Mika is taking off the Twilight movies." so I said,

"Maybe they should give him a part in the next one because Mika would make such a sexy vampire!!!"

My husband Alan likes Mika, though he's more of a fan of Lady Gaga. He likes Mika's version of Pokerface.

oH this is a cute thread! :pinkbow:

My MUM: well...she has clearly been FOR Mika since the very begininng! She has considered him a good influence and still thinks that he is innocent! :blink: She likes his music and has her fav songs, she does not agree with his friendship with Gaga ( :lmfao: ) she has been and she will go to his gigs with me because 1. she has no choice :lol3: and 2. Oh c'mon is not as if it would be something bad! :naughty: Oh and she gets all amazed when remembering the moment he has been inches away from her at the M&G! :wub2:

My GRANDMA: oh well...she thinks more like me about him...in most of the ways and I can have certain discussions about him with her :lmfao: she also thinks I should invite him at my Bday party next week! :mf_rosetinted: She always spends long amounts of time with me going through his pics and critising them. She likes him very much and I tell you, if she could use the computer, she would've been a great MFCer! :aah:

My DOG: she likes his songs when I sing them :blink: and dances to some of the new songs. Also she gets quite depressed when I turn the volume up to an unbearable level and gets this creepy face. Also...whenever I sit down to listen to one of his interviews, she cuddles up to me...ALWAYS! :lmfao:

I know :biggrin2:

My dad says he's gay too.....but he means literally, not in a bad way or anything.

When I told him about the Gay and Night interview he said: "So, who's the boyfriend?"

-"He's not gay, he's just limitless."

"I know, I completely understand what he meant and what he said. But who's the boyfriend?"

:naughty:

And when he twittered that thing about cheese making him want to stroke gerbils and hug trees my dad said: "So what? Is he saying he likes to rub fuzzy sticks?"

:lmfao:

that's funny, my dad says it to annoy me, tell me how you can like someone so gay with it, then start to laugh, our parents are so funny, :roftl::roftl::roftl:

oH this is a cute thread! :pinkbow:

My MUM: well...she has clearly been FOR Mika since the very begininng! She has considered him a good influence and still thinks that he is innocent! :blink: She likes his music and has her fav songs, she does not agree with his friendship with Gaga ( :lmfao: ) she has been and she will go to his gigs with me because 1. she has no choice :lol3: and 2. Oh c'mon is not as if it would be something bad! :naughty: Oh and she gets all amazed when remembering the moment he has been inches away from her at the M&G! :wub2:

My GRANDMA: oh well...she thinks more like me about him...in most of the ways and I can have certain discussions about him with her :lmfao: she also thinks I should invite him at my Bday party next week! :mf_rosetinted: She always spends long amounts of time with me going through his pics and critising them. She likes him very much and I tell you, if she could use the computer, she would've been a great MFCer! :aah:

My DOG: she likes his songs when I sing them :blink: and dances to some of the new songs. Also she gets quite depressed when I turn the volume up to an unbearable level and gets this creepy face. Also...whenever I sit down to listen to one of his interviews, she cuddles up to me...ALWAYS! :lmfao:

Why don't you teach her? My son is my best coach ever!:thumb_yello:

My mom loves him. She's walking every sunday. And I've put her mp3 full with mika songs. EVERY time she's back in the evening she says: "Wow! That Mika music is SO nice to walk on. So much energie, and nice rhythm" Haha, it's so great :naughty: And she also founds him very hot. I once caught her googling the word "Mycka", because she wanted to see soms pictures! :roftl:

My brother things he's gay, and he makes fun of me. Always when I listen to Mika at my room. My brother comes in, pulls his pants really high up, makes a mess of his hair, and sings the line "We are goooolden" in a very excessive way. And then he does the "Gay-hand-thing" and says: "Hiii, I'm Mika, and I'm sooooo gay!!" :mf_rosetinted:

Lol, I still thinks it's kinda funny. But I can't stand it he just makes fun of Mika because he sings high and stuff. He never gave Mika's music a real opportunity.

My dad likes him too. He watched the PDP dvd 4 times now, and thinks "Mika is a really talented and fascinating artist" He's just so damn serious about him, haha. Makes me laugh often. Even when Mika's dancing around in his underpants my dad said something like: "I can really appreciate that he doesn't have any shame" Or he's looking in a really technical sort of way at him. Deadly serious, but he likes him! So that's good! :thumb_yello:

Edited by Mika_Addiction

Why don't you teach her? My son is my best coach ever!:thumb_yello:

It's enough for me that my mum is MFCer...a rare one but she is... :lol3:

I don't know I want to but she's the most active busy bee my town has ever seen...she basically has no time for this... :aah: oh and she doesn't speak english.

and can I just mention that she is the only other member of my family who knows what chicken means? :lmfao: I mean I decided one night to tell her as she kept on saying "chicken" and I was laughing my head off and she was like: WHAAAT? and in the end I took the dictionary and showed her what chicken means. :pinkbow::roftl:

My Mom is not a fan. She thinks he is ok but looks young. She can understand why I like him but I swear she acts like I am cheating on Freddie Mercury because I enjoy Mika. She keeps saying things like, "He can't hold a candle to Freddie." "He's not as good a singer or songwriter." "I Don't like his dance music."

To be fair she was a huge Queen fan, especially Freddie, so she really hates to see the comparison. I have made the comparison before but truly see Mika as his own unique persona, frankly a bit healthier than Freddie emotionally I believe. A little more optimistic.

But anyway - loving Mika, his music, his art - in no way detracts from my connection to Freddie and Queen. This is just different. Another facet of my personality at another time in my life.

As for Mika's art, my Mom isn't too interested in things like that, so she would never comment on it. And yes she has pronounced him gay since "Grace Kelly" and somewhat harps on it (not in an intolerant way) but just that she thinks it is silly for me to be attracted to a bisexual man. (Um, hello, and what was Freddie - but since he is gone, he is elevated to Godhead around here.)

As for other family members, my brother doesn't know who he is and until I played "Grace Kelly" for my sister-in-law and 22 year old niece (who must be living under a rock) they had never even heard of Mika.

That seriously floored me. I just about went berserker and blurted out, "How can you not know who he is? He sold 5 million albums!"

My sister-in-law liked him but my niece didn't seem that impressed. She has horrific taste is music though, so it was not unexpected.

My husband (a musician himself) thought Mika was really talented and appreciated his songwriting abilities (for being able to write songs that won't get out of your head) and musical and vocal prowess too. High praise coming from him since he was a studio musician and played and toured with bands in the seventies like Pure Prairie League, The Grateful Dead and Jimmy Buffett.

My husband and kids like him now. It was inevitable. It's been almost 3 years of Mika music being played in the house and car.

On the other hand, just today, my mom asked me if I think I might need to see a psychologist.

:roftl:

My husband and kids like him now. It was inevitable. It's been almost 3 years of Mika music being played in the house and car.

On the other hand, just today, my mom asked me if I think I might need to see a psychologist.

:roftl:

That's so funny! :roftl:

I think if my family knew the true full extent of my Mika obsession/addiction they too might think I was in need of psychiatric help! :biggrin2:

My Dad thinks he's great, occasionally makes a gay comment (but not in a nasty way - he's from that generation where gay is still a bit iffy with some folk but he's not nasty about it - I think it's fair enough, just changing times) but tbh he always has nice things to say about him. And after the pub thing he went round telling all his mates about it and what a nice bloke Mika is and all that jazz. And when he used to work he'd dance around to LICM while he was fixing fire alarms. The other day he was like 'Mika's not on my iPod! Put Mika on my iPod!' :roftl:

My mum likes him, and when I put on the PDP DVD so I could try and get her to go to bed (it was 1am and I was gonna go out, pick up my friend, bring her back to mine and we were gonna watch Jerry Springer and eat kettle chips) she started getting into it and I was like nooooooooooooo. So I paused it, went upstairs and 5 minutes later she went to bed. She doesn't really listen to his music of her own accord though. Only when I play it.

My brother can't hear a song of his without going 'he's a bender isn't he?' and last time he said it I turned around and said 'why are you so curious? D'you want me to set you up with him or something?' He kind of shut up after that and has since admitted that WAG is an okay song and My Interpretation is fairly good.

My best friend has been to see him about 7 times with me and she came to the pub thing with me. I told her to cancel all plans (they were with me anyway, haha) because we were going to hang out with Mika and she sighed and said okaaaaaay.

I don't think I've got it too bad. :biggrin2: