Mika in Hong Kong, Nov 26 2009 HITEC Star Hall

Blue Sky

hey MFC!!!!!! we juz met MIKA at the Hong Kong International Airport!!!!!! i gv my gifts to him, talked to him, got my copy of Songs for Sorrow EP signed, shook hands with him and TOUCHED HIS WAIST.

but it's strange, i am not as excited as i expected.. i mean, he looked very very tired and his hand was so cold. i'm worried now :no:

and i'm reli thinking i'm dreaming now, everything's so unreal!!!!!!!!!!

will get back later to gv a full report!!

xx

Excellent that you've met him Hui King... wish I was there.. dang! Have a great time at the gig! Keep us posted :thumb_yello:

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey MFC!!!!!! we juz met MIKA at the Hong Kong International Airport!!!!!! i gv my gifts to him, talked to him, got my copy of Songs for Sorrow EP signed, shook hands with him and TOUCHED HIS WAIST.

but it's strange, i am not as excited as i expected.. i mean, he looked very very tired and his hand was so cold. i'm worried now :no:

xx

why are you worried that his hand is cold? Mine are usually old too :aah: Plus getting off a plane...blood circulation an'all...

OH! And congrats and YAY!

will get back later to gv a full report!!xx

Good for you!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

That is so kewl!

I am so excited for All of you who will be attending tomorrow night's performance - oh wait a minute - it is tonight for you isn't it??

Even better!:partytime2::woot_jump::woot_jump:

xx

Woooow congratulations! You guys are so committed to have stayed until 1:00 :D I'm so happy for you! :) wish I could have been there XD if only I wasn't so young and didnt have to lsiten to myparents :P

I'm sure Mika was just jetlagged or smth :) He's been flying around a lot, right? :D

CONGRATULATIONS again!!~ :D

xx

Congrats on seeing him. Maybe he's a vampire :teehee:

thanks all of ur congratz!!!:biggrin2:

okay i admit i was over-sensative last night!!!! (cared too much:wub2:)

i hope he's getting better today! if he kept to be so exhausted, i dared not speak to him:aah:

Woooow congratulations! You guys are so committed to have stayed until 1:00 :D I'm so happy for you! :) wish I could have been there XD if only I wasn't so young and didnt have to lsiten to myparents :P

I'm sure Mika was just jetlagged or smth :) He's been flying around a lot, right? :D

CONGRATULATIONS again!!~ :D

i arrived home at 12:30a.m.!! hehe

and actually, my parents didn't know i'd gone to the airport.... bad girl:teehee:

okay, juz a wrap-up now, ive been speaking on too many threads! LOL

suppose mika's now at KGV school presenting awards to students who've done art inspired by his music! we met a staff from Universal HK last nite and she told us some of these students are dyslexic like him before! and that's why they came up this idea of collaborating with the scl...... this's a private occasion but i guess some media may be able to sneak into it.

as for us, suisuimeko went to the venue this morning.... and she was TOO EARLY!!!! the queuing area wasn't set up yet:aah: but they are at the very front now!!!!!

we know nth else about his itinerary atm. i'll keep track on telly/newspaper/radio to see if there're any interviews!

YO! last nite my mind wasn't reli functioning it's so surreal!!!! now i've got back, but will start another dream tonite. OMG:blush-anim-cl:

Huikings you have met him at the airport, going to the show tonight, and tweeting him like crazy at the moment and also the M&G. Poor guy might think you are a bit scary:shocked:

Just kidding, I know you are excited:naughty:

Edited by Blue Sky

Hello peoples, I'm new to the forum but I saw MIKA in school today (yeah, I'm from KGV) :D

He came (not very long really but it was really cool), he told us stuff about We Are Golden- how he visualised this clan of clowns or something who would like take over the school O.o and how it is okay to be a freak and not to change for other people :) He gave out like 4 concert tickets to the winners of the MIKA Poster and Video competition. He wasn't supposed to sing but we kept chanting "SING! SING! SING! MIKA!" stuff like that so he sang us Grace Kelly which was :thumb_yello:

The Hong Kong media people were there too but they kept blocking me so my pictures were a bit... meh. :(

My friend got her glasses case signed by him (SO LUCKY) and he high fived and shook hands with loads of people.

So amazing.

Ah.

WOW, what a first post on the forum! Welcome! And you had such a special experience at school today...who would imagine Mika singing at your school, that is just fantastic:thumb_yello:

Are you going to the show tonight?

From the sschool's site:

Thursday 26 November - Mika comes to KGV

The Advanced Diploma students in Year 12 are currently working on a second project with Universal Records. Last year the Advanced Diploma students worked with a local band “Mr” who came to the school and played at lunch time. This year they have been working with Universal Records on a project with Mika which has involved a dialogue directly with the artist. Through this dialogue he expressed an interest to visit the school and to meet ALL the students of KGV. This is a real coup for KGV.

Mika will arrive at KGV at 14.00. He will first meet the Advanced Diploma students, who have been working on the mural which is being painted by DS1. After this he will meet the whole school answering a number of questions posed by a few students.

Edited by Blue Sky

Hello peoples, I'm new to the forum but I saw MIKA in school today (yeah, I'm from KGV) :D

He came (not very long really but it was really cool), he told us stuff about We Are Golden- how he visualised this clan of clowns or something who would like take over the school O.o and how it is okay to be a freak and not to change for other people :) He gave out like 4 concert tickets to the winners of the MIKA Poster and Video competition. He wasn't supposed to sing but we kept chanting "SING! SING! SING! MIKA!" stuff like that so he sang us Grace Kelly which was :thumb_yello:

The Hong Kong media people were there too but they kept blocking me so my pictures were a bit... meh. :(

My friend got her glasses case signed by him (SO LUCKY) and he high fived and shook hands with loads of people.

So amazing.

Ah.

Wow :shocked: fantastic :biggrin2:

Welcome to the board :welcomeani:

WOW, what a first post on the forum! Welcome! And you had such a special experience at school today...who would imagine Mika singing at your school, that is just fantastic:thumb_yello:

Are you going to the show tonight?

I wanted to go but my parents wouldn't let me.. I went to Owl City like on Nov. 18 (I think?) and I got tickets before realising that MIKA was coming... my parents didn't let me go to two concerts in a month :( plus they were both on a school night. Hai. oh wells. at least he came to my SCHOOL :D

thanks room1217! nice report!

stay tuned to the mfc and you won't miss a minute of the gig, if this can console you a bit :huglove:

is there any chance to see the artwork the student made with mika?

Well, I didn't take pictures of the art work except for the mural on the wall, I'm gonna go back tomorrow and take some pictures (if it's still on display) for you guys to see.

That's not the full mural btw so I'm gonna bring my camera tomorrow and get some photos :)

Mural-

IMG_0070.jpg

Well, I didn't take pictures of the art work except for the mural on the wall, I'm gonna go back tomorrow and take some pictures (if it's still on display) for you guys to see.

That's not the full mural btw so I'm gonna bring my camera tomorrow and get some photos :)

Mural-

?action=view&current=IMG_0070.jpg

There are lots already on the web. Here are the links:

This is their webpage of the Mika-related art: https://sites.google.com/a/kgv.hk/mika/home

A Chinese-speaking forum with pictures of the art (scroll down):

http://forum.my903.com/redirect.php?tid=129464&goto=lastpost