Mika in Hong Kong, Nov 26 2009 HITEC Star Hall

Blue Sky

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing that you guys get to see Mika in your school. I wonder why he doesn't do the same in the rest of the world. Nor that I am jealous or anything it's just that I find it curious and funny.

I recall him playing in an Asian school 1-2 years ago as well.

It has to be probably that we are all different audiences, I don't know :dunno:

It's amazing that you guys get to see Mika in your school. I wonder why he doesn't do the same in the rest of the world. Nor that I am jealous or anything it's just that I find it curious and funny.

I'm not actually sure why? But every year, our school has an art and media project where they invite singers/ actors etc. to come to our school. It was mostly local artists but somehow, my school got Mika to come which I find amazing.

I'm not actually sure why? But every year, our school has an art and media project where they invite singers/ actors etc. to come to our school. It was mostly local artists but somehow, my school got Mika to come which I find amazing.

That's really great! Your school bosses rrrrock! Enjoy your school time as much as possible :teehee:

A picture of some of the posters, there are actually loads more (these are from our non-art students).

mika3.jpg

Great pictures too! non-art student wow! I can't imagine art students drawings.

Did he get to see them?

mika.jpg

ooh, a WHITE piano! :wub2: and that wall painting and posters are really fab, i'm sure he loved it! :thumb_yello:

i couldn't imagine them ever doing something like that in germany. ok my school time was more than 10 years ago, but back then, "school" and "fun" were two words that were meant to exclude each other. :sneaky2:

it must be hard though for the students who hate mika, to see his face and name everywhere in the school now. :roftl::naughty:

A while back, early 90s I think, schools here in England used to have pop groups like Bros go in and do performances regularly.

Then it seemed to stop, but early 00s R1 did little roadshows in schools, with groups like Busted.

Maybe someone will start it up again.

Well it is now 8pm in Hong Kong, he must be thinking about going on...

12danita: Mika @mikasounds come out now!!!! We love u xxx

News in Chinese (it seems it is a positive report of Mika's visit to the school, talks about the kids with dyselxia doing the art too, and how he gave a nice performance)

http://inews.mingpao.com/htm/INews/20091126/ma41832e.htm

Mika校園親民show (18:32)

人氣英國歌手Mika來港開個唱,趁空檔出席何文田的校園活動。

Mika 在學校中看到以他為題的巨型壁畫,令他十分驚喜,並在壁畫上加入新創作和簽名留念。Mika與學生分享小時候受戰爭影響患上讀寫及語言障礙症的經歷,鼓勵 青年發掘長處,一定可以找到出路。Mika又即席自彈自唱,與現場學生打成一片,遇上學生索簽名亦來者不拒,態度親切。

(即時娛樂)

Edited by Blue Sky

i can't believe my eyes...a whole mikafied school!!!! :shocked:

I wonder how it felt for Mika?:teehee:

Different cultures???

Would never happen in my country that's for sure!:naughty:

hungjai: MIKA stage! http://twitpic.com/qzxd6

Also that reminds me, iMMa posted some pics of the venue earlier, did you see them?

Just back from a bit of sightseeing (and shopping) cough cough.... off to the venue now!! Come on Hong Kong - let's see ya ROCK!!!!

On set,...... In disguise!!! http://twitpic.com/qzgvd

Wow!!! Big!! http://twitpic.com/qzh9q

A picture of some of the posters, there are actually loads more (these are from our non-art students).

mika3.jpg

This is AMAZING!! He must have been so happy, the whole school in Hong Kong made Mika art?? :shocked: And we all know how much he loves art and creativity! Wow :wub2:

Hope everyone is having a great time tonight, can't wait reports, pics and vids!!

Guest whalesfood
Well, I didn't take pictures of the art work except for the mural on the wall, I'm gonna go back tomorrow and take some pictures (if it's still on display) for you guys to see.

That's not the full mural btw so I'm gonna bring my camera tomorrow and get some photos :)

Mural-

IMG_0070.jpg

that's really really amazing! he must have loved all of this!! that's really exciting for all of you and him! oh and also welcome! <3

i really love the face and the stuff coming out of his mouth and around his bottom lip and how it forms mika. it's really beautiful! you guys should be very proud of yourselves.

Edited by whalesfood