Mika in Australia ablog

Zak110695

G'day Australian Fans!

I have created a Mika in Australia blog page where you can get exclusive Australian news about Mika!

Here are the links:

Blog : http://mikainoz.wordpress.com

Twitter : http://twitter.com/MIKA_Oz

We're also on Facebook! Search for MIKA in Australia!

If you would like to become an admin or if you would more info, please email me at mika_oz@live.com

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
G'day Australian Fans!

I have created a Mika in Australia blog page where you can get exclusive Australian news about Mika!

Here are the links:

If you would like to become an admin or if you would more info, please email me at ZakBowen@live.com

Hi there. I'm just curious... Where are you going to get exclusive Australian news about Mika that we won't hear about through this forum?

I might email you.

Hi there. I'm just curious... Where are you going to get exclusive Australian news about Mika that we won't hear about through this forum?

I might email you.

People will be able to find info about Mika the normal way like on Google, Bing, etc. But the Mika in Australia blog brings all this information together on one site. I'm thinking of getting the site on the search engines.

People will be able to find info about Mika the normal way like on Google, Bing, etc. But the Mika in Australia blog brings all this information together on one site. I'm thinking of getting the site on the search engines.

I think what she's saying is that these things will find their way to MFC and, in all likelihood, faster. In order for you to have exclusive content you would have to have access to a source that we don't on MFC. Mikasounds, for example, has exclusive content because they are posting announcements from his management and record company before it's released to the general press.

I think what she's saying is that these things will find their way to MFC and, in all likelihood, faster. In order for you to have exclusive content you would have to have access to a source that we don't on MFC. Mikasounds, for example, has exclusive content because they are posting announcements from his management and record company before it's released to the general press.

Your probably right there. But Mika's nanagment doesn't put everything on the website. For example, there was nothing about his Australian Idol performance. He did mention that we would performing a concert in Australia, but nithing about Idol. I found out on the Aussie Idol ads. And no it definatley isn't exclusive. We get our info from other sources like MFC Forums, MikaSounds.com, etc. This blog is targeted at all Australian Fans even if they don't have an MFC, Facebook or Twitter Account.

G'day Australian Fans!

Here are the links:

If you would like to become an admin or if you would more info, please email me at mika_oz@live.com

Very good idea, indeed! :clap: :clap:

Your probably right there. But Mika's nanagment doesn't put everything on the website. For example, there was nothing about his Australian Idol performance. He did mention that we would performing a concert in Australia, but nithing about Idol. I found out on the Aussie Idol ads. And no it definatley isn't exclusive. We get our info from other sources like MFC Forums, MikaSounds.com, etc. This blog is targeted at all Australian Fans even if they don't have an MFC, Facebook or Twitter Account.

But to read MFC one doesn't need an account, and please take no offence, but I feel that trying to target fans who "don't have an MFC account" to send them to your blog is a bit like trying to segregate fans, where this is the official fanclub and if anything it should be trying to unify and attract all the fans under its umbrella, rather than there being effort put into creating a separate entity....

Also, if the Idol performance wasn't on Mikasounds or announced by his management, I would imagine that they had their reasons not to announce it, so why would we/someone else do so?

Your probably right there. But Mika's nanagment doesn't put everything on the website. For example, there was nothing about his Australian Idol performance. He did mention that we would performing a concert in Australia, but nithing about Idol. I found out on the Aussie Idol ads.

I didn't say that Mikasounds has all the content, but that some of their content falls under the heading of "exclusive", which is what Chickadee was referring to I believe.

In order to claim you have exclusive content, you have to have access to a source that no one else has. And at the risk of sounding less-than-humble, MFC is already the premiere source for non-exclusive content. Just about everything makes its way here and it happens very quickly.

And no it definatley isn't exclusive. We get our info from other sources like MFC Forums, MikaSounds.com, etc. This blog is targeted at all Australian Fans even if they don't have an MFC, Facebook or Twitter Account.

I see, so did you mean that the blog is exclusively related to Australia, rather than that it will contain exclusive content?

I understand what Zak is trying to do, and I can't see why it shouldn't be a two-way process - maybe he could update MFC with any information relating to Mika in Australia that we haven't heard about. :dunno:

It's not really any different to the situation where other countries have their own forums/fanclubs, except that (I assume) Team Mika will regard the MFC as the official forum for Australian fans.

I understand what Zak is trying to do, and I can't see why it shouldn't be a two-way process - maybe he could update MFC with any information relating to Mika in Australia that we haven't heard about. :dunno:

It's not really any different to the situation where other countries have their own forums/fanclubs, except that (I assume) Team Mika will regard the MFC as the official forum for Australian fans.

Yeah, I agree that the two way thing would make sense :wink2:

You're apsaloutley right. I have noticed that other countries have there own Mika forums except for Australia so I decided to start one.

The difference between MFC and the Mika in Australia blog is that MFC focuses on all info about Mika. The Mika in Australia blog focuses on Australian news only. To find Australian info on MFC, you would most likely have to search for it. But with Mika in Australia, you can get all the information regularly updated on the home page and you can get the information sent to you via Facebook, Twitter, RSS or email. It makes trying to find The info a little bit easier. This us only a small project that I have set up. I am not trying to steal fans from MFC. I'm just trying to make finding Australian info easier.

And yes, I will post the info onto a new MFC thread. If you guys have any queries please email me at mika_oz@live.com!

You're apsaloutley right. I have noticed that other countries have there own Mika forums except for Australia so I decided to start one.

The difference between MFC and the Mika in Australia blog is that MFC focuses on all info about Mika. The Mika in Australia blog focuses on Australian news only. To find Australian info on MFC, you would most likely have to search for it. But with Mika in Australia, you can get all the information regularly updated on the home page and you can get the information sent to you via Facebook, Twitter, RSS or email. It makes trying to find The info a little bit easier. This us only a small project that I have set up. I am not trying to steal fans from MFC. I'm just trying to make finding Australian info easier.

Oh, maybe I should start one for the UK then.

I will be the boss. Who wants to be my sidekicks? :wink2:

You're apsaloutley right. I have noticed that other countrieshabe there own Mika forums except for Australia so I decided to start one.

There is an Australian forum although perhaps it's private, I'm not sure.

That's okay, no worries. I was just trying to clarify what was meant by exclusive Australian news. If you mean exclusive to Australia, I get you. :thumb_yello:

Yes, thankyou Christine, you got exactly what I meant.

And thankyou Zac for clarifying.

If what you mean is that the site will be exclusively about Australia, then I see that as a good thing. I thought you were originally saying that you had exclusive news and that you must have a source within team Mika. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

I notice that you've listed two different email addresses Zac. I used the first one last night, before the other one was listed, and I haven't yet checked my email replies, but are they both going to be active or have you switched over to the second one?

There is an Australian forum, but it is private, and is not very Mika related anymore. A "proper" one sounds good:thumb_yello:

G'day Australian Fans!

Here are the links:

Oooh, cool idea!

Maybe you should put a link on some of these places reminding people that there are a group of Aussie fans on here.

But to read MFC one doesn't need an account, and please take no offence, but I feel that trying to target fans who "don't have an MFC account" to send them to your blog is a bit like trying to segregate fans, where this is the official fanclub and if anything it should be trying to unify and attract all the fans under its umbrella, rather than there being effort put into creating a separate entity....

Oh don't worry Sara, some Aussie fans are good at segregating themselves from MFC whatever we do...

Besides, having all the Aussie news together is good cause it doesn't get lost in the masses of information on here..

There is an Australian forum although perhaps it's private, I'm not sure.

It's not really a Mika forum. It's more a place for some of us to chat about stuff without having to explain too many of the little comments and things we talk about.

There is an Australian forum, but it is private, and is not very Mika related anymore. A "proper" one sounds good:thumb_yello:

Someone mentioned that we shound get one while we were in Sydney... I do wonder if it's worth it when there's a blog, Facebook, Twitter and here...

If enough people think it's worth it, then it might be worth doing..

Yes, thankyou Christine, you got exactly what I meant.

And thankyou Zac for clarifying.

If what you mean is that the site will be exclusively about Australia, then I see that as a good thing. I thought you were originally saying that you had exclusive news and that you must have a source within team Mika. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

I notice that you've listed two different email addresses Zac. I used the first one last night, before the other one was listed, and I haven't yet checked my email replies, but are they both going to be active or have you switched over to the second one?

the new mika_oz@live.com email address is the address where you can email me about MIKA in Australia queries. I have stopped using my personal address because i keep getting too many emails!

Zak, you might always be competing with this forum on the search engines, we usually rank pretty much up there for just about everything Mika related, including Mika in Australia.

This is not to say don't start your own blog or anything, but i suspect you will end up having to duplicate a lot of stuff that is on here. Our MFCers are pretty awesome when it comes to hunting down Mika news round the globe.

And we knew about Mika on Australian Idol in mid September, which was ahead of the announcement on Mikasounds, though my understanding of it was that people had already heard it advertised in Australia first. His Enmore gig was announced in the Daily Telegraph when the new CD came out, and took everyone by surprise.

There is an interview Mika did with Fuzzy where he says his next tour dates will be announced in a month. Of course this is Mika talking so they might not be announced in a month, but anyway, it seems that next tour dates will be coming out soon-ish.

Archived