Cuando Paulina encontró a Mika - el Pais Article

Lui

Oh dear, he does, now that you put it that way. He's certainly had better days.

I never said I didn't like his look here though :teehee: (except for the hair)

It's just that he looks like *a bit* of a.. young pimp. :teehee:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By the way, he looks poshy and cocky in that picture. :naughty: He looks like one of those guys who only think about what brand they're going to wear today and who use a lot of perfume and who hang out only with famous people and their famous chiuauas and who think about getting laid as much as possible. Sorry:roftl:

Hey! No hatin' on the Wawa's:mf_rosetinted:

IMG_6700.JPG?w=470;h=352;bestfit=1

oh yes! i think i'm cupcake's friend on facebook :aah:

Did you notice that Facebook calls Cupcake a "she" on the listing? :naughty: Someone forgot to change their gender :aah:.

And Paulina, looks like an older Fearne Cotton.

I remember when I was 15 or 16, I used to watch all these Mexican soap operas (I love those :blush-anim-cl:) and she was in a few. She's very pretty and she's quite talented too :teehee:.

Where does this Ismaili nonsense come from? :lmfao:

I guess that the confusion comes from someone from Spanish origin thinking (correctly or incorrectly) that his mum's maiden name was Ismaili, and then "adapting" Mika's name to what it should be according to the way that Spanish names are formed. In Spanish culture, women don't take the man's name when they marry. Instead of having one "family name", the kids take both the father and the mother's first surnames, so everyone has two surnames. Every generation, the second surname is dropped, and the first one carries on, etc...

This is why I think that someone from Spain decided to stick the Ismaili there, because if he was Spanish, this is how his full legal name would be (dad's surname+mum's surname).

The only bit they missed was that he's not Spanish, so he only has one surname and also, I have no idea where the Ismaili came from :lmfao:

If someone ever publishes his name as Cupcake then MFC has truly made it. :lmfao:

Yeah, we need to bring back the Cupcake to fool the media:roftl:

Girls, I really think that this situation calls for action:naughty:....Maybe Wiki needs to be "educated" about the full name...if they are going to have the Ismaili there, they might want to have the full family lineage and include the Cupcake :biggrin2:

sorry, I was in a familiar dinner :P here it is my translation:

The Mexican is the golden girl of the radio, she’s so festive and not too much smart. The british-lebanese, paradigm of bright pop with a dark twist. We put them together backstage in the last ceremony of the Premios 40 Principales for talking of fame, fashion and other stuff.

The end of the word was predicted at 20:10 hrs of the past Friday 11th of December. Precisely at that time, a comet of the Leo constellation and a star from Gemini would be in the same orbit and in the same point of the enormous universe. Ok, ok less drama. It’s true that everything would happen inside of the galaxy named “pop petardo” (sort of explosive pop, I don’t know if is the name of the magazine, program, or something like that :P) and the worst that would had happen (because of the quantity of hair in the fusion) would have be a verbal aggression or at least, a soft pulling of hair.

Everything was written. The characters: Paulina Susana Rubio Dosamantes (Mexico, June 17th, 1971) and Michael Holbrook Penniman Ismaili (Beirut, August 18th, 1983). The stage: Los Premios de los 40 Principales in el Palacio de los Deportes in Madrid, and there are other stars to see this nuclear explosion: Robbie Williams, Shakira, Nelly Furtado, James Morrison, David Bisbal, Carlos Baute… but according to the Cosmopolitan horoscope, the moon was in Venus and the things got more like a cinematographic comedy and the end of the world became in the movie named: “When Paulina found Mika”.

The curls of the blond girl and the brunette boy got together at 20:39 in front of the door of the Mexican’s dressing room. It looked like convention of two Betty Spaghetti Dolls. She divine, utterly thin, with a tight blue and orange dress and wearing a velvet high heels with a ribbon. He divine, utterly thin with black tight trousers, a black jacket and a white shirt. Even though Paulina had 10 cm more, Mika did a proper reverence to the diva to kiss her. It was the first time they met each other. There, as “La chica dorada (the golden girl)” said later, started a “wonderful moment”.

Paulina Rubio: I prefer laughing than crying of course. I don’t usually cry. Lately I cry just because my husband is jealous of my shoes’ collection.

Mika: Well I agree with you but in other way. May be because when I was a child I pass through a tough situation (leaving Lebanon), but, even though my songs have brilliant and funny faces, if you look through them, the lyrics are rather sad.

P.R. I think, although you don’t like it and you might want to kick me and getting me out of the room, I see in your music echoes of Elvis, The Beatles and Freddie Mercury. They sound new but also they sound vintage.

M. the Beatles… not so much. I grew up listening flamenco, Dean Martin, Nina Simone. (The conversation is in English although Mika understands Spanish, but he doesn’t speak it properly).

P.R. nowadays there is a classics revival in some radio stations. All the same old songs. But “Causa y Efecto” (her last single) is like your music. And having support of the new technologies, who cares? They program us in radio and also we have more instruments like internet and blogs.

M. that’s right. Radio, internet and us (the artists) can exist together perfectly. My blog, myspace and website are excellent tools to be in contact with the people that like our music. And this people later is the one who full our gigs.

EP3: what about fashion?

P.R. I’ve recognized that I love shoes. And also I love color. Color and Michael Jackson (she said it on purpose and everybody laughed) but I’m the queen of the market, there are the best things.

M. (looking his green bright watch) the fashion world sucks. But I believe in what this song says “life in plastic is fantastic” (aqua-Barbie girl), and I would hate waking around like an ambulant promotional with a big label on me to prove something.

P.R. yes you’re absolutely right.

M. look, this lovely jacket and this shirt that you couldn’t find in any place were made by my mother. She’s wonderful. I love Bowie style: an esthetic that defines your musical proposition.

P.R. yes, that’s what our producers can’t stand: doing the perfect live show although we win less money.

M. Exactly. We could establish Paulina & Mika S. A. it would be a wonderful company but it would broken since the beginning.

Definitely good bye to the explosive pop effect and welcome two new friends.

Betty Spaghetti Dolls...I like that a lot. :roftl:

Thanks for the translation, Lui! :thumb_yello:

hahaha :roftl: yes I loved it too

you're welcome :)

was my translation better than the google one? :naughty:

Thank u Lui!! :flowers2:

M. (looking his green bright watch) the fashion world sucks. But I believe in what this song says “life in plastic is fantastic” (aqua-Barbie girl), and I would hate waking around like an ambulant promotional with a big label on me to prove something.

oh yes, i remember that song :biggrin2:

Girls, I really think that this situation calls for action:naughty:....Maybe Wiki needs to be "educated" about the full name...if they are going to have the Ismaili there, they might want to have the full family lineage and include the Cupcake :biggrin2:

I think we should! Oh bring back the days of the Seven Words wikipedia page. Now that was funny:roftl:

sorry, I was in a familiar dinner :P here it is my translation:

The Mexican is the golden girl of the radio, she’s so festive and not too much smart. The british-lebanese, paradigm of bright pop with a dark twist. We put them together backstage in the last ceremony of the Premios 40 Principales for talking of fame, fashion and other stuff.

The end of the word was predicted at 20:10 hrs of the past Friday 11th of December. Precisely at that time, a comet of the Leo constellation and a star from Gemini would be in the same orbit and in the same point of the enormous universe. Ok, ok less drama. It’s true that everything would happen inside of the galaxy named “pop petardo” (sort of explosive pop, I don’t know if is the name of the magazine, program, or something like that :P) and the worst that would had happen (because of the quantity of hair in the fusion) would have be a verbal aggression or at least, a soft pulling of hair.

Everything was written. The characters: Paulina Susana Rubio Dosamantes (Mexico, June 17th, 1971) and Michael Holbrook Penniman Ismaili (Beirut, August 18th, 1983). The stage: Los Premios de los 40 Principales in el Palacio de los Deportes in Madrid, and there are other stars to see this nuclear explosion: Robbie Williams, Shakira, Nelly Furtado, James Morrison, David Bisbal, Carlos Baute… but according to the Cosmopolitan horoscope, the moon was in Venus and the things got more like a cinematographic comedy and the end of the world became in the movie named: “When Paulina found Mika”.

The curls of the blond girl and the brunette boy got together at 20:39 in front of the door of the Mexican’s dressing room. It looked like convention of two Betty Spaghetti Dolls. She divine, utterly thin, with a tight blue and orange dress and wearing a velvet high heels with a ribbon. He divine, utterly thin with black tight trousers, a black jacket and a white shirt. Even though Paulina had 10 cm more, Mika did a proper reverence to the diva to kiss her. It was the first time they met each other. There, as “La chica dorada (the golden girl)” said later, started a “wonderful moment”.

Paulina Rubio: I prefer laughing than crying of course. I don’t usually cry. Lately I cry just because my husband is jealous of my shoes’ collection.

Mika: Well I agree with you but in other way. May be because when I was a child I pass through a tough situation (leaving Lebanon), but, even though my songs have brilliant and funny faces, if you look through them, the lyrics are rather sad.

P.R. I think, although you don’t like it and you might want to kick me and getting me out of the room, I see in your music echoes of Elvis, The Beatles and Freddie Mercury. They sound new but also they sound vintage.

M. the Beatles… not so much. I grew up listening flamenco, Dean Martin, Nina Simone. (The conversation is in English although Mika understands Spanish, but he doesn’t speak it properly).

P.R. nowadays there is a classics revival in some radio stations. All the same old songs. But “Causa y Efecto” (her last single) is like your music. And having support of the new technologies, who cares? They program us in radio and also we have more instruments like internet and blogs.

M. that’s right. Radio, internet and us (the artists) can exist together perfectly. My blog, myspace and website are excellent tools to be in contact with the people that like our music. And this people later is the one who full our gigs.

EP3: what about fashion?

P.R. I’ve recognized that I love shoes. And also I love color. Color and Michael Jackson (she said it on purpose and everybody laughed) but I’m the queen of the market, there are the best things.

P.R. yes you’re absolutely right.

M. look, this lovely jacket and this shirt that you couldn’t find in any place were made by my mother. She’s wonderful. I love Bowie style: an esthetic that defines your musical proposition.

P.R. yes, that’s what our producers can’t stand: doing the perfect live show although we win less money.

M. Exactly. We could establish Paulina & Mika S. A. it would be a wonderful company but it would broken since the beginning.

Definitely good bye to the explosive pop effect and welcome two new friends.

Thx for the translation :flowers2:

Thank u Lui!! :flowers2:

oh yes, i remember that song :biggrin2:

I must admit that I quite liked Aqua, when this song came out. I bought (and liked!) the album :blush-anim-cl:

Incidentally, I will need to look this up now, but did the album not have a song called Doctor John as well? :teehee:

I think we should! Oh bring back the days of the Seven Words wikipedia page. Now that was funny:roftl:

Oh goodness :lmfao: That night, together with the Iceman thread and a couple more, was one of my most hysterical moments on MFC. I was literally crying :roftl:

I must admit that I quite liked Aqua, when this song came out. I bought (and liked!) the album :blush-anim-cl:

Incidentally, I will need to look this up now, but did the album not have a song called Doctor John as well? :teehee:

i liked it as well, it's very joyful and amusing, and it was played a lot in Italy

the other song was called Doctor Jones :biggrin2:

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquarium_(Aqua)

Archived