Queer as Folk!

Fmbm

I can't believe there's not a thread for this yet :shocked:

Anyways, I am completely in love with this show (the US version). Does anyone else here watch it?

Let's chat :freak:

---------

For those of you who are unaware of what it's about, here's a summary:

The series follows the lives of five gay men living in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: Brian, Justin, Michael, Emmett, Ted; a lesbian couple, Lindsay and Melanie; and Michael's mother Debbie. Another main character, Ben, was added in the second season. Due to tax incentives, the series was filmed in Canada, with frequent location filming in Toronto's Church and Wellesley gay village.

The show was noted for its somewhat frank depiction of gay life, as well as its vivid sex scenes. A disclaimer, "Queer as Folk is a celebration of the lives and passions of a group of gay friends. It is not meant to reflect all of gay society" appeared after each episode on Showtime in the U.S. but this disclaimer was not broadcast on Showcase in Canada (instead, the standard Showcase disclaimer "This program contains nudity, sexuality and coarse language — viewer discretion is advised" was broadcast before each airing and after each commercial).

The title comes from an expression originating in the North of England, "there's nowt so queer as folk", meaning "there's nothing as strange as people (Folk)".

------

Here are pictures of the characters:

15gqvwy.jpg

From left to right: Lindsay, Melanie, Justin, Ted, Brian (), Michael, Emmett, Ben, and Debbie.

:fangurl:

Check out the pilot episode to see if you like it:

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=G089SMYU

WATCH THE SERIES HERE

http://tv.blinkx.com/show/queer-as-folk-us/63Osc9wVB1RtZo9ETVEs9w8W_J0#s1e1

or

http://www.ovguide.com/tv/queer_as_folk.htm

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first couple of seasons were shown over here in 2008 at around midnight ...

I liked it. There was also a bohemian violinist in it who reminded me of someone until he had a haircut.:teehee:

(and Justin even left Brian for him for a while :emot-sad:):biggrin2:

The first couple of seasons were shown over here in 2008 at around midnight ...

I liked it. There was also a bohemian violinist in it who reminded me of someone until he had a haircut.:teehee:

(and Justin even left Brian for him for a while :emot-sad:):biggrin2:

Ooh I hated Ethan! :sneaky2:

Was so glad when he dumped him :lol3:

I saw the original series in the UK - written by Russel T Davies, who has just finished his stint reviving Dr Who.

It was brilliant - but extremely rude :blush-anim-cl:

One gay character was played by Anthony Cotton, who plays gay Sean Tulley in Coronation street - I think his CS character is a watered-down soap version of the QAF character.

OH GOD, I love Queer as Folk so much!!!

I watched all seasons (downloaded :teehee:)

*I don't know if downloaded is a correct verb, sorry*

Ethan :sneaky2: and I didn't notice it before, he really looks like Mika in some scenes :shocked:

Thank you very much! I just found myself rolling on the floor crying with laughter at about 0:16 into the pilot :lmfao:

Dammit, it has the UK version instead of the US version linked for some reason :blink:

OH GOD, I love Queer as Folk so much!!!

I watched all seasons (downloaded :teehee:)

*I don't know if downloaded is a correct verb, sorry*

Ethan :sneaky2: and I didn't notice it before, he really looks like Mika in some scenes :shocked:

Don't insult Mika :naughty:

The US one has a sexier cast :teehee:

And I think the story lines are different, though the pilot episodes are quite similar.

Ah, then I did click the US version. I thought it was the same for both countries, but cut differently. :teehee:

i've only seen the UK version but i would love to see the US one... might make time to watch it... :naughty:

This sounds interesting, have never watched it because they don't play it here.

Watch it! Watch it!

:wink2:

Archived