Hello everyone!

MikaMakesMeHappy

Hello to all the Good Gone Girls and Toy Boys out there! My name is Kari and I live in Portland, Oregon.

I first saw and heard Mika back in early 2007 on VH1. I would be up every 2-4hours with my newborn, turn on the TV, and hope the Grace Kelly video would be on. I remember being upset that the album had not yet been released and pre-ordered it so it would ship the day it was released in the US. I have adored Mika ever since.

I joined the MFC mostly because I was so frustrated to learn that he performed in Seattle not too long ago and I had no idea! I would have driven up there in a heartbeat. So, I hope to learn more about him, meet some nice people and definitely be better informed of any future tour dates!

Mika makes me happy :biggrin2:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually don't like usernames with "Mika" in them but yours made me smile. Good choice. :thumb_yello:

It's a shame you missed the Seattle gig but stick around as you never know when he'll come back. We usually get US tours sprung on us with short notice.

Hi! :cheerful_h4h:My name is Muriel, and I'm French.

I like your username, Mika makes me happy too! I had the same feelings, I was frustrated when I heard afterwards that Mika was on tv, or there was a gig I could have attended... That's also one of my reasons to subscribe here. Also to be in touch with fans about my age... there are not many where I live.

Hi! :cheerful_h4h:My name is Muriel, and I'm French.

I like your username, Mika makes me happy too! I had the same feelings, I was frustrated when I heard afterwards that Mika was on tv, or there was a gig I could have attended... That's also one of my reasons to subscribe here. Also to be in touch with fans about my age... there are not many where I live.

Thanks, Muriel. Good to know I'm not the only one that keeps missing gigs and tv appearances. I thought just about everyone in France liked Mika from what I saw of the Parc des Princes documentary ;) I'm not sure how many fans he's got in Portland either, but I absolutely adore him and his music. I think I'm addicted actually.

I usually don't like usernames with "Mika" in them but yours made me smile. Good choice. :thumb_yello:

It's a shame you missed the Seattle gig but stick around as you never know when he'll come back. We usually get US tours sprung on us with short notice.

Thanks so much. His music truly puts me in better spirits when I'm feeling down, or when I'm doing something I don't particularly enjoy. Cleaning the house isn't so bad as long as I'm listening to Mika! ;)

Hi! Welcome to our world, Kari. We've lots of mommies here (I'm one of them) and even soon-to-be mommies. And yes, like you wanting to drive to Seattle, I've driven to Chicago in a heartbeat in 2007 (8 hours) my first of many travels to watch a Mika gig. Many of us have travelled actually...:teehee: I can see how you'll fit right in. :biggrin2:

Welcome!! I am new also!!!

I'm moving to Oregon this summer. Is it as beautiful as everyone says?

Welcome to you too fellow newbie!

I love Oregon and, yes, it really is beautiful here. But there's a catch: the rain. Sometimes it feels like it's never gonna end. It's no coincidence that "Rain" has become one of my favorite Mika songs! :)

Welcome to you too fellow newbie!

I love Oregon and, yes, it really is beautiful here. But there's a catch: the rain. Sometimes it feels like it's never gonna end. It's no coincidence that "Rain" has become one of my favorite Mika songs! :)

Well good thing I enjoy the rain!! I actually love the rain very very much! :D

Archived