REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ Hammersmith Apollo, London FEB 28 2010

Fmbm

I can't say enough how beautiful your pics are!

Which kind of digital camera do you use?

T4p!!!

:blush-anim-cl:

Sometimes I think it'd be better to leave it at home, because if I bring my camera to a concert I just can't stop and take photos steadily, I'm kind of addicted to it then :teehee: and some artists, I don't know about Mika though, seem to be a bit annoyed by somebody in front row who takes constantly pictures of them...

It's a Kodak EasyShare Z710. I love it, but It's not exactly a small one so I'm always worried about whether the securities would let me take it in :sneaky2:

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I think it'd be better to leave it at home, because if I bring my camera to a concert I just can't stop and take photos steadily, I'm kind of addicted to it then :teehee: and some artists, I don't know about Mika though, seem to be a bit annoyed by somebody in front row who takes constantly pictures of them...

It's a Kodak EasyShare Z710. I love it, but It's not exactly a small one so I'm always worried about whether the securities would let me take it in :sneaky2:

Your pics are so awesome and you have really talent to make in the high qualuty. Btw, have you seen my post on Extra Ticket Thread?:wink2:

Pics up for this now ... about to do a review if anyone wants to read it :lmfao:

And vids uploading too :)

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c145/The_Outsider_1974/Mika/Hammersmith%20Apollo%20Gig%20One/

Me me me! I'll read it! And I'll glady stalk your vids, too. :naughty:

I hope you don't mind me posting this pic of yours, but it deserves its own bit of glory. :swoon:

MikaGigs001.jpg

Me me me! I'll read it! And I'll glady stalk your vids, too. :naughty:

I hope you don't mind me posting this pic of yours, but it deserves its own bit of glory. :swoon:

MikaGigs001.jpg

:biggrin2: Hee ... I don't mind at all ... I quite like that pic ... sorry I got distracted ... I was watching the vids instead of uploading them :teehee:

So after Birmingham ... I went home on the Friday .... for a day :wink2:

I went back up to London on Saturday morning .... knew there was engineering works on the tube ... but didn't know how bad it would be once I got into Liverpool Street ... gave up trying to join the throngs for the only line on the tube open (which was the Central line) and went and queued for a taxi to take me to Victoria station - Monie by this point had been in touch and was gonna meet me at Battersea Travelodge ... finally I made it .... and we booked into our room ... we had a really nice afternoon just chatting about the gigs I'd been too ... my experience of being a BG in Birmingham ... (she was planning to give it a go at Hammersmith) and all things Mika related .... she was in touch with Dark Angel by text - and up to the early evening we weren't sure if we were going to Hammersmith to meet up with them (they had the name of a pub Jimmy had recommended) but eventually at about 5.00pm we left to hop on the bus to Clapham Junction and then the tube to Hammersmith - once we arrived at Hammersmith I got collared by a poor girl who was completely lost and wanted to know where a certain road was .... I had a map book thing in my bag of London ... so I mangaged to find it via that ... but It looked quite a walk - and as it was dark and the girl in question didn't speak good english I walked with her until I found it ... do I get brownie points for that ... that was my very good deed of the day ... anyway ... it took me about 15 mins to walk back to Monie - who by then was outside Hammersmith Apollo with Mellody, Statue of Liberty and Dark Angel - said our hello's as apart from Mellody I've never met the others ... was nice to finally meet Angelique ... talk to her alot on Mikagasmics ... we had abit of a problem finding the pub ... had to go back to the hostel so Mellody could look it up on her laptop ... but eventually sussed we had been going up the right road ... just not far enough - so we made our way back up the road and finally found the place ... it was really nice ... they had a DJ there and he was asked to play Mika ... which after alot of coaxing ... he did :)

Really had a lovely night ... can't remember what time we left ... about 10.30 - 11.00pm I think ... Mika next day ... just slightly excited :biggrin2:

I understand!I usually do a lot of vids or pics at Mika's gig but on 28th they didn't come out good so I stopped and enjoyed the show. But when I start to take pictures I can't usually stop :naughty:

I don't think Mika can be annoyed about taking pictures of him on stage because he already has lights on so I don't think he can recognized flashes..but it's my thought...maybe is the opposite :aah:

I love your camera, but I understand why you are worried to bring it at gigs...it seems a professional one. I have a reflex and it takes amazing pics but I've never brought it inside a venue because I know they are forbidden.

Anyway..congrats again! Was a pleasure to see your pictures :thumb_yello:

Sunday dawns ... oh ... and it's flipping awful weather :yay: Me and Monie still left our hotel at about 10.30am though ... got to venue shortly after 11.00am ... madness ... but I swear Mika addles your brain anyway .... We were 37/38 in the queue ... stood around and chatted to everyone .... was really windy and very very cold .... went off for toilet breaks and food ... eventually the barriers were set up and we were ushered into those ... 4.00pm hit ... and John came out ... Monie and Abby and others went off with John ... and eventually those with numbers were let into the venue to wait in the foyer ... I loved this ... it was just nice to get out of the cold - obviously .... I did feel sorry for those still outside ... especially when we were heading back from our last toilet break about 6.00pm and came back up from the subway to realise it was pissing down :eek: Really sorry for those who got soaked ... we ran inside sharpish .... then finally we were let into the area that you buy the merchandise from - but they let the rest of the crowd in too ... which seemed abit stupid ... alot of people started pushing once they opened up the main doors and I pretty much got seperated from the rest of the MFC ... I ended up second row in the middle behind Tiibet and Eva .... I've thought long and hard about what to write here ... but I'm going to say something about this ... Tiibet ... you're fine ... was a pleasure to be stood behind you .... but I'm not a hypocrite ... and If I have a problem with something I'd rather say it outright ... I did not like the way Eva behaved ... do not tell me how close I can and cannot stand behind you the moment I got my place ... she did this ... it's a concert ... you don't want people near you ... get a seat - you'll have plenty of space then ... but if you choose to queue for hours you have to expect to have elbows accidently brush you etc etc etc ... you didn't bother me too much ... but the girl I was next too ... it was her first concert .... and of course she was excited ... and the way you were with her ... did bother me big time .... I hope never to be behind you at another Mika concert - because you pretty much ruined it for me ... but well ... heyho ... as long as you had a good time ... don't worry about anyone else :blink:

Mika was amazing as per normal ... I didn't really get much eye contact ... I didn't even really notice things going wrong until he said about it .... he always puts on a good show and has me grinning from ear to ear ... just love him ... filmed Monie alot during Lollipop ... so hope to upload that soon for her ... YT is being really slow but some of the vids are up already ... I'll do a full list once they're uploaded - but if you wanna check them before it's http://www.youtube.com/laureljr

The concert finished and I had to leave sharpish so we could see John about our missed Meet and Greet in Birmingham ... Once I met up with Buttons, Rose and Jazzy we waited - the security guys - I think - thought we were trying it on ... about being asked to wait for John .... and we waited for ages .... the two girls who'd been Lollipop girls that night latched on to us and continued to bad mouth Mika the whole time we were waiting ... they annoyed the hell out of me .... You've just had an amazing experience ... be ****ing grateful for it and not moan cos' you only got a few seconds with him for a photo ... most would be happy just for that .... :wub2:

Eventually the security guy realised they weren't with us and wanted to know why they were stood there ... and got them to move .... I swear they thought they were going in with us to have another chance ... sod off .... :aah:

Really sorry Sharon (Buttons) had to leave to catch her train ... :(:huglove::flowers2:

So John appeared ... and I was sure he was gonna say Mika was too tired or pissed off about the stuff that had gone wrong ... but nope ... he told us to follow him .... and we were led backstage :boing:

God I had butterflies ... I've met and spoken to him loads of times ... why the hell does he make me so nervous and like I'm a teenager all over again ... it was brief ... but I loved seeing him and getting the photo done .... :wub2:

Was so so so so so happy at the end of the evening .... :boing: and I was going to see him again the next day :swoon:

I have a reflex and it takes amazing pics but I've never brought it inside a venue because I know they are forbidden.

Same here. I also have a reflex and there's no way I'd ever try to get that in a venue. I do have a small compact one as well, but the quality is no where as good as the photos posted here. :thumb_yello:

I understand!I usually do a lot of vids or pics at Mika's gig but on 28th they didn't come out good so I stopped and enjoyed the show. But when I start to take pictures I can't usually stop :naughty:

I don't think Mika can be annoyed about taking pictures of him on stage because he already has lights on so I don't think he can recognized flashes..but it's my thought...maybe is the opposite :aah:

I love your camera, but I understand why you are worried to bring it at gigs...it seems a professional one. I have a reflex and it takes amazing pics but I've never brought it inside a venue because I know they are forbidden.

Anyway..congrats again! Was a pleasure to see your pictures :thumb_yello:

I didn't get it as a professional one :biggrin2: but it is quite good. Well, I'd like to blame the good quality on my huge talent, but actually I don't think so :naughty:

It isn't a reflex though, that's my biggest argument if any security has a problem with my lovely camera :biggrin2:

I finally made an account for my pictures. So if anybody is still interested in them: http://s745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/Statue_of_Liberty/Mika%20in%20Hammersmith%20Apollo%20London%2028th%20Feb%202010/

I didn't delete any BG/LG-photos, just in case that one of them wants to see them.

Nobody will notice that I like Martin :mf_rosetinted:

:huglove:....thank you! amazing pics!:wub2:

I didn't get it as a professional one :biggrin2: but it is quite good. Well, I'd like to blame the good quality on my huge talent, but actually I don't think so :naughty:

It isn't a reflex though, that's my biggest argument if any security has a problem with my lovely camera :biggrin2:

I think you have photography skills indeed :mf_rosetinted::thumb_yello:

I've just finished reading all the reports and even though it's been more than week since the first London gig I think that I should write a little report myself. I know that you've already heard about everything that's happened during this show so I wont go into detail. All I want to say is that this has been a really special gig for me since it was quite a while since I last had been to a Mika show. Loved every minute of it and I was very happy to have found a place at Martin's side of the stage where I could watch Mika when he was playing the piano:wub2:

The technical issues didnt spoil the gig at all in my opinion, I hardly noticed them but I think it was really adorable when Mika asked for the audience's help because of them.

My favorite performance of the whole gig was Toy Boy. The way Mika holds the puppet while singing at the end of the song is just:wub2:

The m&g was pretty great too:biggrin2:

I have started uploading my vids and I'll try to post them here really soon.

I'd also like to say that it was really lovely meeting many MFC-ers for the first time and seeing again some that I've met before.

Unfortunately i didn't have the chance to get to know anyone else of you who were there and whom I've never met so far.

Hope I'll have an opportunity to do it soon.

I didnt know you were in London Marina. Wish I had met you. Are you coming to Rome in july? Maybe we can meet there.

Every Mika's gig is special, magic and unforgettable in its own way: Mika never disappoints.

That is so true. What I've realized after the London gigs and Brighton is that it's impossible to say which was my favorite Mika gig anymore. Each and every one of them is special in its own way:wub2:

I didnt know you were in London Marina. Wish I had met you. Are you coming to Rome in july? Maybe we can meet there.

That is so true. What I've realized after the London gigs and Brighton is that it's impossible to say which was my favorite Mika gig anymore. Each and every one of them is special in its own way:wub2:

unfortunately i arrived at the venue late, when you all were already inside, and didn't stay very long outside afterwards, so i hadn't much time to meet MFCers

yes, i'm coming to Rome, I really hope we'll get to meet there, i'll be looking for you :wub2:

unfortunately i arrived at the venue late, when you all were already inside, and didn't stay very long outside afterwards, so i hadn't much time to meet MFCers

yes, i'm coming to Rome, I really hope we'll get to meet there, i'll be looking for you :wub2:

thats great. see you in rome:biggrin2:

My videos-

Part 1-

Part 2-

Kind of like a montage. I made a movie with like....loads of clips of the day but because it had We Are Golden in the background I got an email saying it breached copyright laws and although they'd leave it there it wouldn't be viewable in about 6 million countries including the UK, so it was kind of pointless to leave it up and I deleted it, but I wwas really proud of it and really wanted to show you guys :( Any idea where else I can upload it to?

My videos-

Part 1-

Part 2-

Kind of like a montage. I made a movie with like....loads of clips of the day but because it had We Are Golden in the background I got an email saying it breached copyright laws and although they'd leave it there it wouldn't be viewable in about 6 million countries including the UK, so it was kind of pointless to leave it up and I deleted it, but I wwas really proud of it and really wanted to show you guys :( Any idea where else I can upload it to?

Ugh I hate it when that happens. :sneaky2:

You can try Vimeo. http://www.vimeo.com. :thumb_yello:

OK ... All vids are up now for this show :boing:

Big Girl

Blame It On The Girls

Any Other World

Mika - Hammersmith - Talking Bit

My Interpretation

Doctor John

Happy Ending

Beginning of Love Today - Death March

We Are Golden - Didn't know I filmed any of it - hence just sound lol

Toy Boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpOcge4p4qU

Lollipop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqBggTmzWQE

Hope you like them :wub2:

Big Girl

Blame It On The Girls

Any Other World

My Interpretation

Doctor John

Happy Ending

Toy Boy

Lollipop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqBggTmzWQE

Hope you like them :wub2:

I love them. Especially the talking bit :wub2: You can see how nervous he is. He has to do just ANYthing. That's so sweet :blush-anim-cl:

Big Girl

Blame It On The Girls

Any Other World

My Interpretation

Doctor John

Happy Ending

Toy Boy