REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ Hammersmith Apollo, London FEB 28 2010

Fmbm

I think pretty much every BG and Lollipop girl on the MFC can give themselves a pat on the back during this tour - I don't think we've let them down (Mrs P/Yasmine or Mika) - with who've they've chosen .. :wub2: ... it's amazing that so many of us have been able to do this ... won't ever forget it - I hope alot more get to do it ... noone could ever regret doing it :biggrin2:

Yes I am really glad so many people got to do it. It gives everyone a bit of an insight into what goes on behind the scenes and I'm sure a lot of people had special moments with Mika that would never happen just from waiting outside the venue afterwards.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I am really glad so many people got to do it. It gives everyone a bit of an insight into what goes on behind the scenes and I'm sure a lot of people had special moments with Mika that would never happen just from waiting outside the venue afterwards.

Actually seeing everything from backstage and how bloody hard they work ... makes you appreciate what you actually queue for hours in the cold etc to see .... it gives you a whole new perspective on things ... I can't wait to see this new show he's doing now .... Amsterdam would have been great even with the old show ... but to know he's doing something different ... makes me even more excited :aah:

Can't wait to hear all about it .... :wub2:

I can understand that actually ... even now I would sit and say I could never do that ... dress up in a corset and be a BG and dance on stage with Mika - far too shy ... but I did didn't I ... and I don't even remember being nervous or even thinking about it when I did it ... it never even came into my mind ... so I think once your onstage and you're put in that situation ... you would just deal with it .... you did do an amazing job though ... and it's there on video for all to see ... I think pretty much every BG and Lollipop girl on the MFC can give themselves a pat on the back during this tour - I don't think we've let them down (Mrs P/Yasmine or Mika) - with who've they've chosen .. :wub2: ... it's amazing that so many of us have been able to do this ... won't ever forget it - I hope alot more get to do it ... noone could ever regret doing it :biggrin2:

Yep, I have lost count of the amount of times that I said "I will never go onstage in some frilly knickers" and now look, three times already and I would do it again tomorrow :roftl:. So flaky.

But yes I totally agree on the amazing experience that Mika and co have given us all with this; It's fantastic. It causes SO much work and hassle for them, and fine, they do save money, but really, if one was to weigh up the cash they save versus the time, energy and hassle that they spend on dealing with us for these roles, I reckon that it would be easier for them to just have their own people who do it every night (Like they had initially).

I'm very happy that they do this, because it provides an amazing memory for us, so I hope that they carry on doing it for a while.

Once you're on stage it's full on adrenaline. I remember being in Egypt watching a show, and they were pulling out people from the crowd. These people kept picking me out all the time at every show I went to, and I knew I was gonna get picked again but I really didn't want to do it because I just had no idea what to expect from this one. I was literally sh*tting a brick because, although I'm a confident performer on stage, I hate not knowing what's going to happen. I like to be prepared and know what I need to do.

I had to dance Michael Jackson style and I absolutely died. If someone told me I had to do that before I got picked out then I sure as Hell would not have done it. Michael Jackson? I have no idea how to impersonate him! But I was on stage, I had an audience in front of me and I had no choice. I felt like a complete idiot and really felt like I had made a total fool of myself...the music seemed to go on for AGES...FREAKIN' AGES...and I was dancing around doing the same old moves...doing this sh*t moonwalk and spinning around which caused my dress to go up (:shocked:) and doing the Thriller dance cos it was the only thing I really knew...wondering when the Hell the music was gonna end...:aah:

But I won, so I don't care anymore :biggrin2:

But it really was the most traumatising moments I've had on stage :aah: So I do understand how it must have felt...especially when it was all choreographed..."okay so I stamp my way on...throw a flower in his face and then stamp off...moment done...okay here's my turn...stamp...stamp...stamp...throw flower...stamp...stamp...okay I'm nearly off...stamp..sta--OMFG WHAT IS HE DOING?!" :roftl:

Once you're on stage it's full on adrenaline. I remember being in Egypt watching a show, and they were pulling out people from the crowd. These people kept picking me out all the time at every show I went to, and I knew I was gonna get picked again but I really didn't want to do it because I just had no idea what to expect from this one. I was literally sh*tting a brick because, although I'm a confident performer on stage, I hate not knowing what's going to happen. I like to be prepared and know what I need to do.

I had to dance Michael Jackson style and I absolutely died. If someone told me I had to do that before I got picked out then I sure as Hell would not have done it. Michael Jackson? I have no idea how to impersonate him! But I was on stage, I had an audience in front of me and I had no choice. I felt like a complete idiot and really felt like I had made a total fool of myself...the music seemed to go on for AGES...FREAKIN' AGES...and I was dancing around doing the same old moves...doing this sh*t moonwalk and spinning around which caused my dress to go up (:shocked:) and doing the Thriller dance cos it was the only thing I really knew...wondering when the Hell the music was gonna end...:aah:

But I won, so I don't care anymore :biggrin2:

But it really was the most traumatising moments I've had on stage :aah: So I do understand how it must have felt...especially when it was all choreographed..."okay so I stamp my way on...throw a flower in his face and then stamp off...moment done...okay here's my turn...stamp...stamp...stamp...throw flower...stamp...stamp...okay I'm nearly off...stamp..sta--OMFG WHAT IS HE DOING?!" :roftl:

:lmfao: You can never plan for the Mika effect ... that boy is a law unto himself :teehee:

Good on you for holding your nerve though ... sounds scary .... :aah:

:lmfao: You can never plan for the Mika effect ... that boy is a law unto himself :teehee:

Good on you for holding your nerve though ... sounds scary .... :aah:

It was quite frankly one of the most awful moments I've ever encountered :aah:

I can manage stamping on stage, but if Mika pulled me out of the line and stared at me like that, I would have probably crapped my pants. In fact, I'd probably be screaming "WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DOOOOOOOO??" :roftl::roftl:

Or it would be like one of those horrifying dreams where you open your mouth to scream but nothing comes out :lmao:

Yep, I have lost count of the amount of times that I said "I will never go onstage in some frilly knickers" and now look, three times already and I would do it again tomorrow :roftl:. So flaky.

Oh god, yeah. I remember when we were totally against it and thought it was ridiculous to do. Whatever happened from that 'hell no!' to the 'mmm, yeah ok I'll do it'.

And yes I very much agree that it's an absolutely wonderful experience. You don't get many opportunities like this one. Seeing just how much hard work they put in, in every show makes you admire the show as a whole and every little detail that comes along with it. All those things you don't notice or think are not such a big deal has had so many hours of thought put into it. Really makes me respect Mika and the whole entourage :wub2:

Ickle is a cuter way of saying little :)

Ah, thanks!

It's always valuable to learn nuances in the English!:thumb_yello:

Oh god, yeah. I remember when we were totally against it and thought it was ridiculous to do. Whatever happened from that 'hell no!' to the 'mmm, yeah ok I'll do it'.

And yes I very much agree that it's an absolutely wonderful experience. You don't get many opportunities like this one. Seeing just how much hard work they put in, in every show makes you admire the show as a whole and every little detail that comes along with it. All those things you don't notice or think are not such a big deal has had so many hours of thought put into it. Really makes me respect Mika and the whole entourage :wub2:

Yeah that's what I would like to know!:naughty:

Keeps me sleepless at night!:biggrin2:

"I would never wear net stockings :shun: not even Mika can make me do it!"

:fisch:

Yeah that's what I would like to know!:naughty:

Keeps me sleepless at night!:biggrin2:

"I would never wear net stockings :shun: not even Mika can make me do it!"

:fisch:

I know!!!!!! I can't explain it :aah: But I thoroughly recommend it :naughty:

And yes I very much agree that it's an absolutely wonderful experience. You don't get many opportunities like this one.

You can say that again; Which is why I'm reminiscing now :naughty:...

MikaHammersmithApollo28210LoveTo-76.jpg

MikaHammersmithApollo28210LoveTo-43.jpg

msara1.jpg

my pleasure Lena! :cheerful_h4h:

you're right it wasn't easy to find

There there are many photos!) I think I have taken more than half. The rest I shall take tomorrow)). Mika is very lovely on the photos after gig!

There there are many photos!) I think I have taken more than half. The rest I shall take tomorrow)). Mika is very lovely on the photos after gig!

oh yes, Mika pictures taken after gigs are my favourites :wub2: