REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ The Centre, Brighton MARCH 3 2010

Fmbm

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, young people today have no idea :no:

My great neice, who seemed like the most intelligent of my family in that she had a ticket for this gig, either didn't think it worth mentioning when she had tea with my brother the day after it, or forgot to go altogether :shocked:

What is the world coming too?

Oh dear....how can you forget Mika?!?! Mind you, if she's 11 then maybe she has a bit of an excuse. But still....MEH!!!!!!!

I bet she would have enjoyed it too, even if she wouldn't have been allowed to stand. It was great :thumb_yello:

OK .. I shall do a report now ....

Left Clacton pretty early as wanted to be in Brighton by about midday ... this worked out nicely .... as I got to the venue I could see Jemma in front of me - so I said hi ... turns out that there was only 4 other people there besides Jemma ... she'd been there since 9.30am ... then a foreign lady (I don't know her name - but she's been to alot of the gigs but doesn't speak alot to us) and Sophie and Stephanie were there ... Stephanie was pretty sick and so they disappeared shortly after I got there so she could get a hot drink and some food ... the queueing was nice ... I sat on my case until it was time to go to the Travelodge around the corner to get rid of it ... other people arrived (Non-MFC) and were given numbers ... then Babs, Danika, Sariflor and Sarah Lou arrived about 4.30pm ... they disappeared though and I didn't realise til' later they'd gone off to be BG's again ... well not Babs ... even begging from Mika won't make Babs do that ... The queue still wasn't really a queue ... there was an Odeon next door and Jems and Babs (there was another MFC'er but I'd not met her before and can't remember her name but she was really nice :aah: Sorry) and myself went there about 5.30pm to get a last drink and use their toilet ... I went back to the queue about 6.10pm ..... doors were supposed to open at 6.30pm so queue was abit bigger now ... though still not huge ... they didn't open the doors till 7.00pm though :eek: Eventually we were let in and exchanged our tickets for wristbands and made our way upstairs to the first door .... it was closed ... Babs was directed round the other side as they said it wouldn't be too far for her to walk ... then suddenly it was open and we all ran inside ... I don't run ... I always fail at this ... but for once I got lucky ... as I was nearing the barrier there seemed to be a huge gap as some people were trying to keep places ... so I went there ... was quite chuffed ... I didn't realise I was pretty much centre for the whole of Eric's set ... because they'd set up his Mic off-centre (this is where Jemma went too) so I thought she'd got middle ... so I was quite happy - but the stage is pretty long and it wasn't until they set the chair and desk out that I realised just what a good spot I had ... I was quite chuffed :lmfao: Really sorry about what happened to Babs ... even though they'd put her over at another door ... they never opened it in time ... so front and second row had gone pretty much by the time she got in ... I'm not sure where she watched it from in the end (Balcony????) I hope she enjoyed it and wasn't too disappointed ... :huglove::flowers2:

What can I say yet again about Mika .... :wub2: I find it completely impossible really ... he's just an amazing performer ... I just end up with a perpetual grin on my face when I watch him ... he's my happy pill ... he's beyond a happy pill ... I'm writing gibberish ... but whatever .... I just love it ... the crowd's reaction ... the eye contact yet again ... I've been so lucky these dates ... I've got alot ... you just want more and more though .... This was supposed to be my last night ... I wasn't going to Bristol ... but constant baggering by MFC'ers (Rose, Jazzy etc) made me try to get a ticket ... I asked work if I could take unpaid leave for it .... and they shockingly said yes ... :boing: but as of that morning I didn't have a ticket again ... I was supposed to be getting a last minute ticket off of someone from Ebay ... which meant jumping off of the train at Bath the next morning and trying to find someone called Ella in a Dreams shop near Bath train station :lmfao: The things I do for Mika ... but when the show finished and we finally made our way outside to wait for Mika (I bought another t-shirt on the way out - hadn't managed to get it in Hammersmith - so was quite happy) I wanted to give Mika my book ... I was asked by a MFC'er (sorry I don't know your username though I've seen you alot at gigs) if I was going to Bristol ... so I said yes ... she gave me 2 standing tickets to it and she didn't want any money for them ... I was quite floored ... as I'd not paid for the other one yet and was abit worried about it being genuine .... so now I had a ticket :boing: It was so nice not to have to worry about that - so thank you - you were my knight in shining armour even if you didn't know it then ... So now I was all set for Mika in Bristol ... my 7th show in 11 days .... completely normal behaviour for a 35 year old :wub2: I gave Mika my book ... I had to tell him not to sign it as he was about to open it too put his signature on it :teehee: and that it was a pressie for him ... he said "It's for me - awwwwww thank you" - I then explained what it was (it's the first book of a set of 14 that I've been reading for the last 20 years - it's abit like Lord of the Rings but it makes that look like a short story - but I just love it too bits - actually when I say 14 - it's up to number 12 as of last year, but it will be 14 - I never realised when I started it - it was gonna be this huge - I thought it was a trilogy :lmfao: - I really hope he reads it or gives it to someone he thinks will like it - cos' I love them so so much) So that's it ... he jumped in his car and headed off and I went with Nectar back to our hotel ...

Bristol next ....

...there was an Odeon next door and Jems and Babs (there was another MFC'er but I'd not met her before and can't remember her name but she was really nice :aah: Sorry) and myself went there about 5.30pm to get a last drink

Oh, that was me!!!!!! Hi Laurel. Great pix BTW! :thumb_yello:

Videos are all up now :)

Big Girl

Stuck In The Middle

Blue Eyes

Love Today - Death March

Toy Boy

Lollipop

Hope you like them :boing:

I swear that this death march was the worst in the whole tour :lmfao: We were totally offbeat, way too fast, and everyone was doing their own thing. T E R R I B L E :roftl:

I swear that this death march was the worst in the whole tour :lmfao: We were totally offbeat, way too fast, and everyone was doing their own thing. T E R R I B L E :roftl:

I did notice the Lollipop Girls were far too fast ... not so much the BG's ... but you paid for them not being very good ... the huge gap when they past ... I felt the first BG after them was trying to rush to catch up ... You have to have a good beginner ... or it all goes to pot :aah: