REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ The Centre, Brighton MARCH 3 2010

Fmbm

I thought the MFC wear glowing hearts to stand out from the rest of the crowd or is this a thing of the past now?? :wink2:

Woww:naughty: The next Mika gig i'll go i'm obviously going to do that now:wink2: Even if no one knows what it means :teehee:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the MFC wear glowing hearts to stand out from the rest of the crowd or is this a thing of the past now?? :wink2:

I think it's gone by the wayside, unfortunately. :(

But we are trying to come up with some other way for MFCers to identify each other at the shows.

:thumb_yello:

Queuing system: pleasant in afternoon sun, then scuppered by stupid venue system, especially for Babs who got sent to a different door and then found everyone had been let in before her

Grrrrrrr, the same thing happened to us at the last Brighton gig and we vowed never to go to that venue again. What makes it worse is I suspect the door staff do it on purpose, as some sort of power trip. It's not rocket science to get people into a hall in the order they were queued up outside, they just can't be bothered.

Really sorry you had to go through that Babs, hope you still managed to get an 'ok' spot (Virtual hugs)

I was there last night. Was brilliant! And I had a really good view. I was around the centre of the stage and probably about 8-10 rows back - a few tall people that I had to look round at times, but plenty of short people too!

Their queuing system does sound a bit crazy. I couldn't get there early and arrived about 7pm, saw the queue going along the front and down the side when I drove past. Came out of car park at back of Brighton Centre and they had the back entrance open with hardly any queue, so I went in that way.

I went to Brighton last night...and I have to say, it must have been the best night of my life!

Didn't arrive till 6:30, but I met up with Hevthehampster, and she was really near the front of the queue. So I only spent a couple of mins outside...we then went and bought merchandise, went to the loo/cloakroom and then on up to the stage. I still can't believe how close we were to the front. I started about 8 rows back, centre stage and in the end was about 6 rows back :biggrin2: It was fabulous!

Mika was perfect, and throughout the evening I laughed, cried, screamed, sung and danced :blush-anim-cl: Got loads of fab vids and pics, but still working on getting them up :thumb_yello: To be honest I can't even begin to describe how good Mika was...everything was incredible. His singing was just....Well, you know. AMAZING!!!!!!!!! :wub2: And the animations on the screen behind him were great too...I especially loved the animated version of him singing Rain :aah: It was fantastic!!!!

AND AND AND....after the concert, my Mum said we could go wait outside for him to come out. We got there about 11pm, and were standing behind the security fences...I was really surprised that it wasn't very busy! But still... because I live on the Isle of Wight, Mum decided that we had to leave at 11:50pm, even if he hadn't come out or we'd miss the boat. And exactly 10 to midnight, this guy came out and spoke to some of the people waiting to see Mika too, went back inside and the next thing we knew, they had radioed down saying he was in the lift!!!! So I actually managed to meet Mika...he signed my CD, and we had a little conversation about the gig and the fact that I'm from the IOW :wub2: :wub2: It just completely made everything perfect...plus, when he gave me back the CD, his hand touched mine and he smiled at me!!!!! :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Best night...EVER! And I'm going to make sure that it happens again

Lots of people had the best night of their lives in the last couple of weeks:wub2:

Wonder what adjectives will ever be left to describe future gigs:wink2:

Ahhhh, I love reports.:biggrin2:

Lots of people had the best night of their lives in the last couple of weeks:wub2:

Wonder what adjectives will ever be left to describe future gigs:wink2:

Ahhhh, I love reports.:biggrin2:

It was seriously amazing :wub2: Never seen anything like it, and unless Mika manages to better what he did, I doubt I will! But knowing Mika, i'm sure everything will just get better and better and better :aah::wub2:

Those are stunning photos.

Have you got a good camera?

Wish it was me :naughty: I wasn't at the gig.. I reckon she (?) is a professional photographer judging by the quality of the pics.

This was my first proper Mika gig (I saw him at the IOW Bestival, but he only had 45 mins, so it didn't really count). I thought it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!

The opening, when he was singing Rain and the cartoon was mouthing it with him, gave me goose bumps. Rain is my favourite from the new album so I loved the beginning.

The end was also amazing. With the huge balloons (I so wanted one) and the gold confetti (which I keep finding around the house).

I thought the notebook with the animated pictures on in the background was brilliant. Especially in Happy Ending and Any Other World.

We got really close to Mika afterwards at the stage door and he signed my picture and smiled!!!!! :fangurl:

I'm still buzzing three days later!!!!! Can't wait until I can go see him again. It was the best night ever!!!!!!!

It's been an AMAZING gig. I'm so happy I was there since there was a possibility that I might have not been able to go to Brighton. Really glad things worked out so well:biggrin2:

About the gig again I have to admit that the beginning with David as the lonely school kid and Mika's image on the huge notebook always gives me goosebumps. Rain is one of my most favorite songs of TBWKTM and I just love the fact that the show starts with this new very powerful version of it:wub2:

The audience was singing all the songs so this time there was a singing competition for BIOTG with half of the crowd literally screaming blame it on the girls and the other half blame it on the boys. So much fun!!!

I also really loved the performance of Any Other World. So incredible, so emotional and you could see how happy he was when he turned the microphone to the crowd and everyone was singing back at him:wub2:

The performance of I See you was equally incredible. It's such a beautiful song and being able to listen to it live is absolutely magical in my opinion.

The beginning of Dr.John with the feather coat that kinda falls from the sky is so much fun and and so is the reaction of the crowd when the smaller hat underneath the bigger one is revealed.

The performances of Touches You, Relax and Blue Eyes were so amazingly energetic. Good Gone Girl was fantastic once again. Love the little dance between Mika and Imma at the end of that song.

The moment the audience was singing "we are not what you think we are, we are golden" was one of the most powerful ones of the whole gig. WAG is an absolute joy to listen to live.

Dont know exaclty why but the one in Birghton has become my most favorite performance of Happy Ending yet:wub2:

About the encore now, he changed the lyrics of Toy Boy from "a patched blue suit" to "white suit" in order to match the clothes of the lovely puppet. He also said that he's glad that he didnt make many mistakes like calling Dublin a part of the UK during this tour:roftl: I think he said that he's been told to talk less during the gigs but he wasnt gonna listen to that advice which I think is very good since we love his little speeches:biggrin2:

One more thing I'd like to coment on is the choice of Lollipop as the last song. Love that it still remains the last song before the end of the gig, so that it can remind us of the previous tour too, and that there's a new version of it with the drums at the beginning etc. Oh! I almost forgot to say that it's great that Grey Skully made a comeback during Lollipop:biggrin2:

Before I stop writing I think I have to say once again that this was an absolutely BRILLIANT gig:wub2:

I have quite a few vids of the gig which I'll try to upload soon enough.

I have no words to describe that evening! It was my third in a row (after 2 Hammersmith) gig and the fun I had as one of Mika's big girls was enormous!

Although the gig wasn't sold out (we got to know about it from John - the audience seemed full), I think Mika was really happy with the audience reactions. People were singing with him every song, there were banners (I don't know what they had written on them as I was a little at the back) and the funniest moment to me - when Mika asked us to clap at the beginning of BIOTG and everyone started clapping really loud! Mika was really pleased, smiled and said that when he asked the audience to clap in London, it was - and he showed a clumsy and uneven clapping:roftl:

I'll post my big girl / Mika photos in the lollipop/ big girl section tomorrow!

the funniest moment to me - when Mika asked us to clap at the beginning of BIOTG and everyone started clapping really loud! Mika was really pleased, smiled and said that when he asked the audience to clap in London, it was - and he showed a clumsy and uneven clapping:roftl:

I'll post my big girl / Mika photos in the lollipop/ big girl section tomorrow!

I had almost forgotten that moment. The way he showed how the audience was clapping in London was so funny:roftl::roftl:

Honestly, young people today have no idea :no:

My great neice, who seemed like the most intelligent of my family in that she had a ticket for this gig, either didn't think it worth mentioning when she had tea with my brother the day after it, or forgot to go altogether :shocked:

What is the world coming too?

Honestly, young people today have no idea :no:

My great neice, who seemed like the most intelligent of my family in that she had a ticket for this gig, either didn't think it worth mentioning when she had tea with my brother the day after it, or forgot to go altogether :shocked:

What is the world coming too?

so she had a ticket, but forgot to go?!?! :naughty: oops.