The Buried Life - What do you want to do before you die?

iadoremika

It's actually a really good show. There's some purpose to it, unlike many of the other shows on MTV which feature strangers hooking up with different people every night.

This morning there (or was it last night? I forgot. :shocked:) was an episode on, and they wanted to tell a joke on late night television. Anywho...they went to give Penelope a tune up and one of the people who worked there knew a man (was it his dad? Why can't I remember such small details right now?!) who was blind. When they talked to that man, they found out he wanted to go horseback riding, and hadn't done so in 20, or so, years. They called up lots of places, but because he's blind, that's a liability. But they finally found one place that would do it. And when the man rode the horse, he said it brought back memories of his childhood, and he was so happy.

That was the second episode I've cried in (I've only cried in one other :shun:).

I forgot about this thread! Sorry:aah:

I sat through 15 minutes of a new MTV show, Jersey Shore and it's easily the worst thing I've ever seen. So so so bad...really, I can't believe people would enjoy watching it.

I hope this show gets aired here, I'd like to see it. It sounds really good.

I never thought an MTV show could make someone cry. :naughty:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he sounds like an amazing person! I bet he was a good teacher :original:

and yeah, some people laugh or call me spoiled when they hear I want to 'travel the world' but i really have no interest in traveling luxuriously, in fact i think i would probably get more out of it by not.

He was okay, I guess. I cared more about his stories. :roftl:

Exactly what I think!

*Learn how to sew clothing -- soon to come true, as my mom has agreed to teach me. :)

What's the first thing you want to make?

I forgot about this thread! Sorry:aah:

I sat through 15 minutes of a new MTV show, Jersey Shore and it's easily the worst thing I've ever seen. So so so bad...really, I can't believe people would enjoy watching it.

I hope this show gets aired here, I'd like to see it. It sounds really good.

I never thought an MTV show could make someone cry. :naughty:

I enjoy watching it. :teehee: They're such meatheads, they all act in such a ridiculous manner that it's entertaining for me. :aah: Not good, as you say.

Maybe you can find it online? It is truly one of the best shows out there. And definitely a stretch from the normal MTV programming. :naughty:

• 1 month later...

So i'm also thinking..

Write 1000 poems:)

Fall in love and stay in love

Get married

Meet: Derren Brown, Nathan Leone, Jared Leto, & Jason Lancaster

(I've already met Mika)

Meet Mika again.

Get a poem properly published.

Live forever.

Donate bloood.

Go fishing.

Learn how to ride a bike :blush-anim-cl:

Travel the worldddddd:)

Go to College, & Uni to study Criminal Behaviour:D

& Be happyy.

• 1 month later...

Today there was a TBL event downtown. Basically, a forest in British Columbia (a province here, on the west coast) was flagged for logging. A woman found a way to buy the property back, but first needed the attention of the company that owns the land. Their headquarters are downtown. So there was a flash mob protest. And, by appearing on a TV show (and many news outlets), she would at least get some attention.

104_9177.jpg

(Zoe - the woman mentioned in the first paragraph.)

Anyways, I was hesitant as to whether or not I should go go (for my own reasons). But I ended up going. I am glad I did. Even though I am not finished my buried/bucket/life list, one of the things is to be in a protest. TBL helped me cross my first thing off my list!

104_9174.jpg

(Jonnie, at the beginning of the event.)

The whole event was a lot of fun. Yelling, chanting, screaming and chering. All for the trees! It was great to see everyone (99% girls :roftl:), strangers, people we've never met before all getting together for such a great cause.

Zoe is an amazing person. All of the cameramen/crew/producers/etc were really nice, and cool. As were the police officers there. (Nobody was arrested, or got in trouble, so that's good. :naughty:) The only thing was that the only TBL guy that showed up was Jonnie. But, that's okay, because he is such an amazing person.

After the event was over, and cameras stopped filming and after they (Zoe and Jonnie) were done with press interviews they stayed around to take photos with everyone. There was a huge line!

104_9183.jpg

(This was maybe half of it. The red arrow is to show you where Jonnie was standing.)

I took my photo with Jonnie (and Zoe) and then, before I headed home, I gave Jonnie the letter I wrote the night before (technically the morning of, but who cares). It was about my school situation and how the show was one of the things that helped me. I gave the letter saying, "I wrote this because it's hard for me to say stuff in person". When I gave it to him he had this look in his eyes as if what I was telling him meant so much to him. He said, "thank you" (or something along those lines, but I'm really unsure because I was so starstruck at that moment :teehee:). I then apologized for the envelope (it's one of those ones lined with bubble wrap). Jonnie did a ':naughty:' and said it was alright.

Ah, today was so good!

• 1 month later...

Waah wonderful thread :roftl:

Before I die, I'd like to:

* Travel around the world, but more specifically in Iceland, Finland, Canada, Japan, Germany...

* Go to at least one gig from Rammstein

* Go to at least one gig from Muse

* Go to at least one gig from Björk *-*

* And of course Mika's gig (but not only one :roftl:)

* Sing in a band made with my brothers and sister (I'm dreaming :aah:)

* Hug Mika :blush-anim-cl:

* Finish to write at least five of my unfinished text (ten would be fine but it's more difficult)

* Make a CG film

... That's all... for now :aah:

• 3 years later...