The Buried Life - What do you want to do before you die?

iadoremika

The Buried Life is a TV show on MTV (that aired in the U.S. and Canada, at least). The premise of the show is quite simple: four friends (Duncan, Ben, Dave & Jonnie) made a list of 100 things they want to do before they die. They travel around in their purple bus (Penelope) achieving (or attempting to) those dreams. For every thing they complete on their list, the help a stranger complete one of theirs (please note: they've helped other people even when they, themselves, haven't succeeded in completing whatever task!). This is, quite honestly, one of the best shows I've ever seen. Honestly.

Their list:

http://theburiedlife.com/thelist/

the%2Bburied%2Blife%2Blist.jpg

I think the fact that they're doing these crazy things is really cool. But what I find even more impressive about these four guys is the generosity and care that they have in their hearts, when they help complete strangers. The strangers truly appreciate their help. The one that stood out the most for me is when they met a girl who had lost her mother in Hurricane Katrina. But her mom was buried in Colorado (I believe), and the one thing she wanted to do befor she died is visit her mother's grave. So the four of them worked a day in a restaurant to earn enough money to buy her a plane ticket to see her mom. When they showed her in the graveyard, it was one of the saddest, most touching things I've ever seen. I cried!

I believe these four guys are role models. They are such incredibly fantastic people.

Here's a trailer. Please watch it.

So...what do YOU want to do before you die?

Edited by iadoremika

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(And Mika was a catalyst for completing most of the things on my list.)

And I will just have to think of some other things because those things are not going to be terribly difficult to accomplish. :biggrin2:

I think it's wonderful that you have someone that's motivated you to do important things in your life! :thumb_yello:

That's a great way to think about things. Always strive for the best. Give youself a challenge, and you never know what may happen.

I don't know of 100 thinggs, but i know a few:teehee:

I want to go to Japan,

America

Canada

& Australia

(Or maybe just travel the world)

I want to meet Mika again:wink2:

I want one of my poems published

I want to fall in love:wub2:

I want to get married.

I want to meet Terry Wogan:roftl:

I want to find out about my dad's missing side of the family..

I want to get a enjoyable job

I think i want to go to Uni

I want to have a full on fun life :teehee:

The Buried Life is a TV show on MTV (that aired in the U.S. and Canada, at least). The premise of the show is quite simple: four friends (Duncan, Ben, Dave & Jonnie) made a list of 100 things they want to do before they die. They travel around in their purple bus (Penelope) achieving (or attempting to) those dreams. For every thing they complete on their list, the help a stranger complete one of theirs (please note: they've helped other people even when they, themselves, haven't succeeded in completing whatever task!). This is, quite honestly, one of the best shows I've ever seen. Honestly.

Their list:

http://theburiedlife.com/thelist/

the%2Bburied%2Blife%2Blist.jpg

I think the fact that they're doing these crazy things is really cool. But what I find even more impressive about these four guys is the generosity and care that they have in their hearts, when they help complete strangers. The strangers truly appreciate their help. The one that stood out the most for me is when they met a girl who had lost her mother in Hurricane Katrina. But her mom was buried in Colorado (I believe), and the one thing she wanted to do befor she died is visit her mother's grave. So the four of them worked a day in a restaurant to earn enough money to buy her a plane ticket to see her mom. When they showed her in the graveyard, it was one of the saddest, most touching things I've ever seen. I cried!

I believe these four guys are role models. They are such incredibly fantastic, incredible people.

Here's a trailer. Please watch it.

So...what do YOU want to do before you die?

But what about what you want to do before you die? :wink2:

I've been able to cross some things off of my list already, but still on it are:

*seeing the northern lights

*taking a scandinavian cruise

*road trip through US

*moving to Italy

*losing weight

*giving & receiving unconditional love

*finding a job I actually love and am passionate about

*meeting Danny Elfman

*leaving my past, in the past. Moving on.

- Travel around Japan

- Go to Greece and sightsee

- Roadtrip round America

- See more of Italy

- have a successful job that makes me financially secure, but a job that I love doing

- get married by an ocean

- be as happy as I can be

um...yeah. Not much. :aah:

*Travel the world

*Meet Mika

*Find out the story of my real dad (don't know if I ever want to meet him though. . . )

*Skate with Apolo Ohno

*Actually beat a video game instead of playing for a month then putting it down because of lost interest.

*Do something memorable

*Have as much fun as I can

:thumb_yello:

There are some great things being posted. Love reading them!

But what about what you want to do before you die? :wink2:

I only have a few things' date=' so far. Right now I'm in the process of starting a proper list. :teehee:[/color']

Oh that looks like a 1970s TTC bus. :naughty:

Well those 1970s buses are still around. Well, at least in my area of the city there are some. :aah:

Edited by iadoremika

I never wanted to think of this sort of stuff before last year, but i think now would be a good time to start a bucket list.

I want to:

# Travel around the world, especially to Scotland, England, Ireland, France, Egypt and the USA.

# Go to a Hanson concert and meet them

# Go to a U2 concert and meet them

# Go see Ben Parker at a gig and meet him

# Stalk Mika around Australia in the Priscilla, Queen of the Desert bus with all the Aussies (:teehee:)

# Fall in love

# Get married

# Have children

# Get a job that I love

# Write a best selling novel

# Direct a movie

# Learn to play the guitar

Some of these seem almost impossible (getting the Priscilla bus is gonna be damn near impossible! :aah:), others are a lot more likely...

Some of these seem almost impossible (getting the Priscilla bus is gonna be damn near impossible! :aah:), others are a lot more likely...

Andy has suggested we get a Mini Cooper with an MFC logo on it. You never know what can happen. :naughty:

Andy has suggested we get a Mini Cooper with an MFC logo on it. You never know what can happen. :naughty:

But you can't put lots of people in a mini... and you can't sleep in a mini!

If I win lotto I'm gonna buy a bus for us to travel to Mika gigs in :teehee: And of course it'll have MFC all over it... I might even go with the current colour scheme...

Oh, and I forgot... the bus needs to have a giant converse high top attached to the roof similar to the stiletto Guy Pearce sits in in Priscilla :teehee:

Oh I love this show :biggrin2: Its really awesome, but I was surprised about it because usually MTV does't have any good shows :aah: But I really like these guys..I haven't seen the last show yet, I think when they throw a party? But it looks cool :biggrin2:

I haven't really thought about the question, but I definitely want to travel :wub2:

I never wanted to think of this sort of stuff before last year, but i think now would be a good time to start a bucket list.

I want to:

# Travel around the world, especially to Scotland, England, Ireland, France, Egypt and the USA.

# Stalk Mika around Australia in the Priscilla, Queen of the Desert bus with all the Aussies (:teehee:)

# Fall in love

# Get married

# Have children

# Get a job that I love

# Direct a movie

Ha! I love that movie! Has nothing to do with the fact that it has my name in the title, oh no :fisch: Can't wait for the musical to play over here :boing:

Oh that looks like a 1970s TTC bus. :naughty:

I want to go back to Africa to see the animals. :wub2:

I'll join you, I forgot that going on safari was on my list as well :teehee:

I want to:

# Fall in love

# Get married

# Have children

# Get a job that I love

# Direct a movie

To a Hanson concert?

I haven't seen the last show yet, I think when they throw a party? But it looks cool :biggrin2:

Yup, "the most badass party".

They went to a town that was really monitored by the cops (it reminded me very much of Footloose). There was no way they were going to have the party in town (word got around, cops found out etc), so they went to a guy's place (Johnny Miller) on the outskirts of town (which turned out they were still in the county limits) which was like a farm, field thingy...if you watch it, you'll see. But then the cops showed up, but let the party go. Naughty by Nature performed, and a whole bunch of people showed up.

It WAS a badass party! :punk:

Ha! I love that movie! Has nothing to do with the fact that it has my name in the title, oh no :fisch: Can't wait for the musical to play over here :boing:

Course not! :fisch:

To a Hanson concert?

Yes, to a Hanson concert.

I do love me some Hanson! :teehee:

To do before i die? Well.. maybe I could die tomorrow. But this is what I want to have achieved in my lifetime;

Make money through art

Meet, fall in love with and marry the love of my life

Go to university and get a degree in journalism

Backpack around Europe

Follow Mika to at least 10 dates on a leg of a tour

See tobyMac live

Become a successful songwriter and write a hit song (i don't want to be a performer, though)

Win a highly publicized debate

Break in a horse

Trace my family tree

Meet Tim Burton

See Owl City live in Concert & meet Adam Young (worst thing is he is playing a gig in my country tommorow, and i can't go :sad: )

Become known as a successful poet/artist

Be remembered as someone who always cared and always loved.

thats what i know i want to do off the top of my head..

Edited by racinghorse83

I love this. People want to meet their dads, get married and have kids...you just want to see animals :naughty::teehee:

I met my dad the day I was born, I've already been married and I saw my niece and nephew grow up which is enough for me. Life looks a little different when you're not 20 anymore. :wink2:

It's the best relationship I never had :naughty:

Me too!! :lmfao:

:no:

:teehee:

I'll join you, I forgot that going on safari was on my list as well :teehee:

Ah brilliant! I'll drive. :biggrin2:

Yup, "the most badass party".

They went to a town that was really monitored by the cops (it reminded me very much of Footloose). There was no way they were going to have the party in town (word got around, cops found out etc), so they went to a guy's place (Johnny Miller) on the outskirts of town (which turned out they were still in the county limits) which was like a farm, field thingy...if you watch it, you'll see. But then the cops showed up, but let the party go. Naughty by Nature performed, and a whole bunch of people showed up.

It WAS a badass party! :punk:

Ooh awesome! I can't wait to see it :biggrin2: