The Buried Life - What do you want to do before you die?

iadoremika

That's an awesome list Charlie!

Doing at least 10 dates would def require you going to Europe... and a lot of money! But I guess if you're gonna earn all this money, you'll be fine!

I shall do it if it is the last thing i do :hypo:

(We've had loots of exchange students who live in capital cities all around Europe and always say I'm welcome to stay, so perhaps that would help the money issue :teehee: )

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I shall do it if it is the last thing i do :hypo:

(We've had loots of exchange students who live in capital cities all around Europe and always say I'm welcome to stay, so perhaps that would help the money issue :teehee: )

Very true.. and I bet there's more than a few MFCers who wouldn't mind putting you up for a few days :wink2:

I met my dad the day I was born, I've already been married and I saw my niece and nephew grow up which is enough for me. Life looks a little different when you're not 20 anymore. :wink2:

I'm still young, but I don't want to be reuinted with any family members or have kids. I'd rather travel, or something. :aah:

Ooh awesome! I can't wait to see it :biggrin2:

There was a rerun on last night, and I thought of you. :teehee:

This is an apposite thread for me since I know that my lungs are so bad they won't make it another 5 years:boxed: (I hope to get new lungs but with those waiting lists here in this country it'll be hard) I've been thinking about this for days now and I am happy, but there are some things I really would love to do before I die...

*getting married

* get my own dog (that's only possible after a possible transplantation)

* visit more U2-gigs (still my number one:mf_rosetinted:)

The list was longer, but the most important thing for me has already happened: We have our own house and we're happy together:biggrin2:

That show looks so good! I mean I always thought most MTV shows were a bit sh*t. :aah:

It seems that most people here want to travel, I think that's the ultimate freedom really.

I'm not sure what I want to do, I feel like a lot of the things I really wanted to do have happened already.

I really really want to have a bedroom with a window for a roof and a telescope. :teehee: Imagine instead of having those glow in the dark stars on your roof having actual stars! :mf_lustslow:

I want to live in a warm climate.

I think I want to be a fortune teller at a circus some day, just for the costume and all that. :naughty::hypo:

And I want to visit Egypt.

fun thread :biggrin2:

That show looks so good! I mean I always thought most MTV shows were a bit sh*t. :aah:

It's actually a really good show. There's some purpose to it, unlike many of the other shows on MTV which feature strangers hooking up with different people every night.

This morning there (or was it last night? I forgot. :shocked:) was an episode on, and they wanted to tell a joke on late night television. Anywho...they went to give Penelope a tune up and one of the people who worked there knew a man (was it his dad? Why can't I remember such small details right now?!) who was blind. When they talked to that man, they found out he wanted to go horseback riding, and hadn't done so in 20, or so, years. They called up lots of places, but because he's blind, that's a liability. But they finally found one place that would do it. And when the man rode the horse, he said it brought back memories of his childhood, and he was so happy.

That was the second episode I've cried in (I've only cried in one other :shun:).

LOL look what I found, my list in 2007 :naughty: I'm glad to see a lot of things happened already :biggrin2:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=679365#post679365

I didn't even put thought into finding a similar thread. Oops! :emot-sad:

i was a fan of em back then mmmbop came out... or more obsessed w. em :blink: especially w. Taylor :naughty:

I particulatly like their CD "Underneath". :das::aah:

This is an apposite thread for me since I know that my lungs are so bad they won't make it another 5 years:boxed: (I hope to get new lungs but with those waiting lists here in this country it'll be hard) I've been thinking about this for days now and I am happy, but there are some things I really would love to do before I die...

I really hope you get the lung transplant you need, and deserve. Your post made me tear up.

Oh what a cool thread. Seeing everybodys wishes/bucket list makes me want to wave a magic wand for you all. Especially Anouk. My heart goes out to you.

It would seem most are achievable with a bit of hard work.

The ones I have left are:

To be able to dip my toes in the Gulf of Mexico

See Niagara Falls

To have my make-up done by Boy George (tart)

To go into a china shop and push all the shelves over!

To meet Roger Taylor, John Deacon and Brian May - last remaining members of Queen.

I've achieved my goals of going to America, Greece and travelling. Meeting Mika once and my heart throb Dan Reed 8 times.

But I would still like the impossible, have my granddad back (poppie) and my closest friend (Jayne).

If you can learn anything from this you young-uns, go for it. Do as much as you can whilst you're young, fit and able.

The ones I have left are:

To be able to dip my toes in the Gulf of Mexico

See Niagara Falls

To have my make-up done by Boy George (tart)

To go into a china shop and push all the shelves over!

To meet Roger Taylor, John Deacon and Brian May - last remaining members of Queen.

How nice is that:naughty: Maybe I'll do that one day, you inspired me:biggrin2:

MY list is so stupid, so may I subscribe yours?

(except for U2-gigs: just one it was enough for me, I almost killed myself in the crowd:boxed:)

Off course you may do that:mf_rosetinted: My list is also stupid, or boring, but these are things that I really want AND that are possible, except for that new lungs, that's depending on things I can't affect.

And for U2 gigs: I can't get enough, every gig is different and every gig is fantastic, great, mindblowing and whatever.

MY list is so stupid, so may I subscribe yours?

My list is also stupid, or boring, but these are things that I really want AND that are possible, except for that new lungs, that's depending on things I can't affect.

No list is stupid! It all depends on how you look at it, what you've experienced in life and, simply, who you are. It's all different for everyone. I've actually genuinely enjoyed everyone's lists.

I am still working on starting a proper list. I'll post it when I'm (at least semi) finished (started?) with it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wanna see that show! :D

I wanna:

Skydive

ride in one of those giant inflatable bubble things

go to a Mika concert

learn French and Japanese and Spanish

Drive anywhere that isn't school-home by myself

Own a mini-cooper with stripes!

Write a novel

Sing professionally

Own a house with a swimming pool

and I think that's it...for now. I have a new goal every week nowadays. right now, my major worry is getting this musical theatre performance done well, I won't be able to sleep until that's done though, and I only have 2 lines and a song!

great thread!:thumb_yello:

well,my choices are:

-Go to a Mika's gig! (of course! considering I'm still Mika-virgin:teehee::mf_rosetinted:)

-take a picture with Mika,and talk to him (if it's in spanish better:naughty:)

-go to a tennis match where Rafael Nadal plays (he's my fav.tennis player:wub2:)

-go to Egypt (I loove it, since I was a child)

-get my degree :blush-anim-cl:

-visit France,Canada,Peru (cause I have close friends there)

-go to any other country abroad!

- get married and have a family (maybe it sounds traditional, but I dream about that someday)

-travel in a cruise:naughty:

-go to DisneyWorld

-meet a MFCer for real :wub2:

oooh i really love this thread!

hm, i have a pretty long list of silly things, but my number 1 is to travel around the world. I'm going to college (university) next year, but after I graduate i most definitely plan on traveling. Of course, I have no idea how im paying for it haha but I have spent many hours making sample itineraries etc. lol

if i somehow manage to find a way to finance it, i want to spend 3 months in Africa, 3 months in Europe, 3 months in Asia, a month in South America and a month in Australia/New Zealand. I don't want to stay anywhere fancy and i plan on backpacking/hitchhiking a lot, but i just want to experience daily life and culture all around the world and learn a lot about our global society.

so yeah, that's my dream. it might sound crazy but I only hope i can make it happen someday!!

so yeah, that's my dream. it might sound crazy but I only hope i can make it happen someday!!

That's not crazy at all, I don't think. That's actually what I want to do (maybe not the exact same destinations, but the general idea of travelling around the world).

My law teacher in senior year of highschool travelled when he was finished university. He bought a one way plane ticket to France (so he started there) then he went to Turkey, Israel, Egypt, Jordan...and across the Middle East and Asia. He ended up in Korea. He said that, in total, the year that he travelled cost less than a year of university. His stories were amazing!

I think one of the things to do to save money is to not stay in fancy hotels all the time (ever). :naughty:

That's not crazy at all, I don't think. That's actually what I want to do (maybe not the exact same destinations, but the general idea of travelling around the world).

My law teacher in senior year of highschool travelled when he was finished university. He bought a one way plane ticket to France (so he started there) then he went to Turkey, Israel, Egypt, Jordan...and across the Middle East and Asia. He ended up in Korea. He said that, in total, the year that he travelled cost less than a year of university. His stories were amazing!

I think one of the things to do to save money is to not stay in fancy hotels all the time (ever). :naughty:

he sounds like an amazing person! I bet he was a good teacher :original:

and yeah, some people laugh or call me spoiled when they hear I want to 'travel the world' but i really have no interest in traveling luxuriously, in fact i think i would probably get more out of it by not.

i know so many people who have had such wonderful experiences and tell the most awesome stories from traveling... for example my dad hitchhiked around Europe before heading back to the States for business school, my volleyball coach travelled the world in 9 months and only stayed in 1 hotel the whole time and my aunt and uncle were in the Peace Corps in Afghanistan in the 80s. So yeah, it's my dream to create my own experiences like that...I could go on an on, but I'll stop my rambling now lol haha :mf_rosetinted::biggrin2:

What I can think of right now for my list...

*Get married -- soon to be coming true on August 14th!

*Have children

*Dye my hair full-on pink, Gwen S. style, man.

*Travel overseas

*Own a plot of land with my future husband

*See No Doubt live on their home turf, California

*Learn how to sew clothing -- soon to come true, as my mom has agreed to teach me. :)

....it is so unreal to think that meeting Gwen Stefani has already been checked off my list. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!