Kick-Ass: Our Reviews

Zak110695

Just a couple of hours ago, I went with my friend to see Kick-Ass. It is the best movie ever!!!!

I don't think the film is suitable for kids coz there is alot of foul language. Especially from Hit Girl. The amount of detail in the film is fabulous. When a crook gets shot in slow mo, you can see the bullet exit his head. The choice of music was great. The suspence that it builds is so good. I was a little disapointed though when I didn't hear Mika's song at all during the film. I think there will be a sequel due to the fact that Red Mist has taken over from his criminal father.

I highly recommend that you see this film if you haven't already. If you have already seen it, tell me what you think below :D

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a couple of hours ago, I went with my friend to see Kick-Ass. It is the best movie ever!!!!

I don't think the film is suitable for kids coz there is alot of foul language. Especially from Hit Girl. The amount of detail in the film is fabulous. When a crook gets shot in slow mo, you can see the bullet exit his head. The choice of music was great. The suspence that it builds is so good. I was a little disapointed though when I didn't hear Mika's song at all during the film. I think there will be a sequel due to the fact that Red Mist has taken over from his criminal father.

I highly recommend that you see this film if you haven't already. If you have already seen it, tell me what you think below :D

I absolutely loved it! Aaron Johnson is brilliant as Kick-Ass, while the girl who plays Hit Girl (Can't remember her real name) is an amazing actress. I loved how the movie showed KA getting popular on YouTube and becomming a phenominan. It was so believable because we've all seen how people become runnaway successes on Youtube (Susan Boyle for example) and really it's a film about a nerd who finds his confidence and begins to stick up for the oppressed and the underdog.

I think that is what makes the movie stand out, that is is believable. None of the Super People have got super powers, none have fallen into toxic waste, or got bitten by a radio-active bug. They are super, because the public's perception of them makes them so. This is also the case with celebrities, they fill a niche or a need, and almost gain superhero status among their fans.

So I think the film appeals to the ordinary person and makes them feel that they too can be confident. this is why Mika was the perfect choice to write and sing the song, because he understands that every freak and geek has something wonderful within

i'll be changing the name of this thread to "OUR" reviews, so that other members feel welcome to leave theirs in this thread. :thumb_yello:

Kick Ass may not be played during the movie but it's the last song at the end of the credits. Y'all know it's the theme tune so of course it's gonna be there at some point - why did you not wait until the end of the credits? Everyone knows music plays at the end of the credits, I don't understand why Mika fans just simply walked out before the credits had finished rolling :dunno:

I mean, Nono stayed and she even said that's where they play the song :aah:

Kick Ass may not be played during the movie but it's the last song at the end of the credits. Y'all know it's the theme tune so of course it's gonna be there at some point - why did you not wait until the end of the credits? Everyone knows music plays at the end of the credits, I don't understand why Mika fans just simply walked out before the credits had finished rolling :dunno:

I mean, Nono stayed and she even said that's where they play the song :aah:

It was right at the end? What a lousy place to put the main song! I should have stayed till the end :(

I loved it! It was awesome! My sister and I cheered everytime Hit Girl did something cool... and we both thought that Aaron Johnson was cute! We even stayed in the cinema till the end while one of the staff members was cleaning up, and we were singing very loudly! :teehee:

MM: I'm pretty sure her name is Chloe Moretz...

ok, i just came back from the movies and it was... good!!! surprisingly good!!!

do NOT bring kids to see it tho!!1 There was like a 9year-old in front of us and i felt bad for him!! REALLY violent!!!! and wrong in every way...

But once you accept the fact thats it bloody and violent and odd.... its very cool and entertaining!!

and of course, hearing mikas song at the end is... :wub2:

Archived