MIKA @ Orange Pre-pay Party, H20 Beach, Mamaia, Romania - 24 July 2010

dcdeb

Orange Pre-pay Party, H20 Beach, Mamaia, Romania (free festival)

PLEASE ONLY RSVP if you ARE going or MIGHT be going as a courtesy to

those reading the thread -- don't want to have to scroll through hundreds of NO's. THANKS!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I have a first word about this gig? :biggrin2:

I can't believe it!!! XD (I'll get over it soon I swear!) :naughty:

I'll post you here some maps and ways to get there!

3 months and a half left and we'll be in the front row of the greatest gig this city has ever seen!! :pbjt:

:tears:

:Update: number 1

So, let me tell you a little about the place where the gig will take place.

It's in Romania, a slightly big country in the South Eastern Europe. The capital city of Romania is BUCHAREST (not Dubrovnik ) and funnily Mika is not going to perform there...but in a city on the shore of the Black sea...Constanza. (which happens to be my hometown)

817.jpg

Mamaia is, however the most famous summer resort around here...and the most expensive. It's only few miles away from the city center. Mamaia was once known as the "Pearl of the Romanian seaside". In a way it still is.

Constanta_Constanta_Roadmap_Area.jpg

There isn't anything to see in Mamaia basically, only hotels and restaurants. They even have a Lebanese restaurant around the H2O beach area :wink2:

The H2O beach is at the other end of the resort.

(where the big red X is on the map below)

Litoral-Mamaia.jpg

and this is what the stage looks like:

concert-duffy-2009-mamaia-plaja-h2o-12.jpg

This happened last year at Duffy's gig.

public.jpg

Edited by B!anka

Finally confirmed

More pics from Duffy gig last year :biggrin2:

http://www.divercitycafe.ro/recenzie-concert-duffy.html

Omg there were about 100.000 people at that show :shocked:

shush!!! :aah: let's not think about that please! :lol3:

Vanessa, PDP had 55.000 people in the audience. How the hell do you think 100 000 were on a tiny beach for Duffy? :lmfao:

Edited by B!anka

So they are exaggerating :roftl:

I hope the show lasts 2 hours otherwise I will throw him directly into the seaside :lmfao:

Isn't it enough that he throws a free gig on the beach? :lmfao: I have ABSOLUTELY NOOO expectations from this show...:lol3: it'd be enough for me if he'd just come out on the stage say hi and leave. :naughty: You know we won't get what we got in Vienna...:huh:

Isn't it enough that he throws a free gig on the beach? :lmfao: I have ABSOLUTELY NOOO expectations from this show...:lol3: it'd be enough for me if he'd just come out on the stage say hi and leave. :naughty: You know we won't get what we got in Vienna...:huh:

Vienna was the best gig I've been to and not because I've been a lollipop but it was magical you know :teehee:

I think we'll get a tall stage and I hope for no pushing :blink:

I'm also worried how I will get there .Like I've told you i never been to Mamaia before

Vienna was the best gig I've been to and not because I've been a lollipop but it was magical you know :teehee:

I think we'll get a tall stage and I hope for no pushing :blink:

I'm also worried how I will get there .Like I've told you i never been to Mamaia before

It's not that high! :wink2: I'll take a walk around there someday and see what it looks like.

Don't get your hopes up! That's all I'm saying. :naughty:

Congratulations guys! :yay: You deserve a home gig after all that travelling. Enjoy!

Aww thank you Christine! :pinkbow: that's very nice of you...

But I have to admit...I wouldn't trade my lovely Mika-gig related vacations to this one. NEVER! :aah: There's a certain atmosphere about a vacation when it has a gig as target and main reason...it is a lot more special and I'll really miss that! :wub2:

shush!!! :aah: let's not think about that please! :lol3:

Vanessa, PDP had 55.000 people in the audience. How the hell do you think 100 000 were on a tiny beach for Duffy? :lmfao:

if you count all the people from the appartment buildings around it,you may get 100.000...unless it really was 10.000 people and 90.000 fish

So they are exaggerating :roftl:

I hope the show lasts 2 hours otherwise I will throw him directly into the sea :lmfao:

i hope Hercules and Love Affair won't be playing as an opening act :mf_rosetinted:

if you count all the people from the appartment buildings around it,you may get 100.000...unless it really was 10.000 people and 90.000 fish

i hope Hercules and Love Affair won't be playing as an opening act :mf_rosetinted:

I think all the people in Mamaia made 100 000... :lmfao:

Cut copy are the opening act! People seem quite crazy about them :huh:

Cut copy is the opening act

meh....hope they're at least decent live. i may listen to them til the gig is due,to get used to the noise

I think all the people in Mamaia made 100 000... :lmfao:

Cut copy are the opening act! People seem quite crazy about them :huh:

well...we do tend to exaggerate, l'oreal...we'z worth it

Well you arrive in Constanta and then take a bus to Mamaia, isn't that the way? :boat:

To me it's a big deal because I'll be coming all the way from Arad :blink: AND there's a good chance I'll travel half of the distance all alone :aah: but it depends on a bunch of things and I'm glad there's sooo much time ahead :naughty:

I try so hard not to have any expectations... :lmfao:

And I don't know what's the big buzz with Cut Copy either... have to see what's going on with them :biggrin2:

:lmao:

RIGHT! :shocked:

Freddieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :aah:

Yes Frederick,what is this! discriminating the gypsies are we! :shocked::mf_rosetinted:

oh don't worry,i'l get you there :thumb_yello: if no ash clouds linger over the airport in cluj :mf_rosetinted:

Ok so I suppose this is the time for :Update: number 2.

Getting to Mamaia! :pbjt:

If you come from Bucharest, I'd reccomend you should take the bus and NOT the train as it arrives in 3 hours and it's cheap. (50RON) The station for the bus is around Gara de Nord from Bucharest. The bus will "fly" on the high-way and will stop once when it gets out of the high-way.

The bus arrives in Constanta at the main city station and everything is quite easy there. First there will be a lot of taxi drivers "attacking" you but thou should not listen to them! :shun:

To arrive in Mamaia from Constanta you can either take:

-the mini buses that go in Mamaia (302,303,301) and they're quite cheap (1 RON or 2...:dunno: )

OR (my fav one :naughty: )

-the double decker bus that arrives at the station on an hourly basis and it's really fun. It goes all the way to the other end of Mamaia. This one is a little more expensive though: 5 RON for a round trip (and 2.5 for one way)

DO NOT TAKE:

- the regular bus that has written on it Mamaia (43,40) because they will get you only to the entrance of the resort and to get to your hotel would be a bit of a burden as it'll be July...so there will be temperatures as high as 40 degrees.

-taxi. It might cost you up to 20 RON depending on the location of your hotel.

:biggrin2:

I'll post the romanian version in the next post. :wink2:

Cum ajungi in Mamaia! :pbjt:

Daca vii din Bucuresti iti recomand sa iei autocarul si NU trenul, pentru ca merge mai repede (3 ore) si e mai ieftin. (50 RON) Autogara e in zona Garii de Nord din Bucuresti. Autocarul va merge pe autostrada soarelui si va face o oprire o data ce a iesit de pe autostrada.

Autocarul ajunge in Constanta la gara (avem una singura) si totul devine mai usor aici. Prima data vei fi atacat de taximetristi care se vor oferi sa te duca cu masina dar nu trebuie sa-i asculti! :shun:

Ca sa ajungi in Mamaia DIN Constanta poti lua:

- mini-autobuzele care merg in Mamaia (302,301,303) si de obicei sunt destul de ieftine (1sau2 sau 3 RON...nu mai stiu sigur)

SAAAu (preferatul meu)

- double decker-ul care are program special de vara si ajunge la ore fixe in gara. Ajunge pana in capatul celalalt al statiunii. Acesta este un pic mai scump totusi: 5 RON pentru un bilet dus-intors si 2.5 RON pentru dus.

SA NU LUATI:

- autobuzele obisnuite pe care scrie Mamaia (43,40) pentru ca aceste te vor duce doar pana la intrarea in statiune iar de acolo ca sa ajungi la hotelul tau s-ar putea sa fie o povara pentru ca e destul de cald in iulie temperaturile ajungand pana la 40 de grade.

- taxi. S-ar putea sa te coste pana la 20RON in functie de locatia hotelului tau.

Preturile sunt orientative si le citez din amintire de anul trecut.

:biggrin2:

Right,my current concern is the following:

it's pretty much imposbbile to book a hotel in july,in mamaia.it's too late even now. and i suppose we'll need to stay the night after the gig,unless Bianca knows a bus that leaves in the middle of the night,or a train that does so?

Tho I mean,sleeping on the beach does sound quite romantic,i gotta tell you. stay up the night in the sand...inneresting.

Vanessa?Meg? What ya say?

Why is it impossible to book a hotel in July NOW? :blink:

I'm afraid I don't know much about this because I have never tried to book a hotel in Mamaia for the summer.

There are NO busses leaving after midnight and even if there were I imagine it can be quite dangerous. :dunno:

You can try and look for a hotel in Mamaia but they're usually quite expensive as far as I know. :huh:

There is also an alternative and try to find a hotel in Constanta and you can take a taxi after the gig (you could imagine the price for the taxi is the price of the "gig ticket" :naughty: ). There is ONE ibis hotel in the center of the city.