2010 - REPORTS/VIDEOS/PICTURES: Mika in Antwerp - 5 May

dcdeb

Edit; and yes, I had some people that can scream VERY hard in my neighbourhood :aah: I don't get the point of just screaming for the sake of screaming, I prefer singing along, or "scream" in a reation to Mika and stuff like that, but maybe that's just me :aah:

:blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl:

Ok; I think I was one of them ... sorry ... I was so caught up in the moment

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was short :boxed: Liked what he was wearing during interview!!

YES!!! We saw him on stage before the gig while we were practicing the parade and I absolutely LOVED that shirt... he was soooo good looking! :wub2:

Oh and I liked the operathingie too! At school I have to sing opera all the time and I know that that's a really difficult song to sing! I liked it that she sang on when Mika's song began. (Don't shoot me, but I can't remember what song it was!)

OhOh and it was sooooo funny when he said "je suis mort! ik ben dooood!"

(jippie, hihi !)

I know: it was from the Magic Flutefrom Mozart sung by "colloratuur"soprano... I LOVED it! That lady CAN SING :mf_lustslow: Mika can mix more operamusic mixed with his songs because it brings even more magic in the show :-)

Oh and I liked the operathingie too! At school I have to sing opera all the time and I know that that's a really difficult song to sing! I liked it that she sang on when Mika's song began. (Don't shoot me, but I can't remember what song it was!)

OhOh and it was sooooo funny when he said "je suis mort! ik ben dooood!"

(jippie, hihi !)

I know: it was from the Magic Flutefrom Mozart sung by "colloratuur"soprano... I LOVED it! That lady CAN SING :mf_lustslow: Mika can mix more operamusic mixed with his songs because it brings even more magic in the show :-)

Yes, you're right, she's got a great voice!

I showed my Nice video to a colleague of mine who has studied at the conservatory here and she loved her voice and her performance before and during GGG. :thumb_yello:

Yes, you're right, she's got a great voice!

I showed my Nice video to a colleague of mine who has studied at the conservatory here and she loved her voice and her performance before and during GGG. :thumb_yello:

Agreed. Me and Keti would sooo love to hear this performance live.:aah:

Okay, so this was my first Mika gig! My friend and I rushed home from work and jumped in the car, just to end up from one traffic jam after another, it drove me insane!:blink: After a very long drive, we finally arrived somewhere before 17pm. Quite a few friendly looking Mika fans were already there waiting to get in. I was warning my poor friend a few times that he would better be real fast so we would be close to the stage :blush-anim-cl:.

A bit after 18:30pm the doors opened. When they finally removed the bins away, the crowd pushed so hard that my sleeve got stuck behind the bars, so I stood there, with my body close to the doors and one arm behind me. :teehee: Luckily the guys from Sportpaleis asked them to calm down and I got my sleeve back! :biggrin2: We ran to the stage, slowing down just a bit every time a coworker from Sportpaleis appeared, and we ended up in the middle of the stage, second or third row!:thumb_yello:

When the clock hit 20:30pm, I was impatiently waiting for the warm-up to start, so it would be over soon and Mika could come up! The time just went by so slowly, at 21pm the guys for the warm-up still were nowhere to be seen and I cursed them for being so incredibly late, having to wait so much longer for Mika. So when one of Mika's band members showed up at stage, it took me a few moments to realize it!

After hearing so much about Mika's gigs, I expected so much of it that I was so worried I would be rather disappointed after finally seeing it. BOY was I wrong!!:shocked: I was completely overwhelmed by everything going on around and on stage, didn't know where to look first! It has left me feeling that, even though I saw so much, I still missed a lot of it! I just want to see it over and over again, not to miss ANY detail of those fantastic costumes and backgrounds!!

I loved his special trumpet solo :teehee: , and how not only he but also his band members were so fantastic!! It was only afterwards that I realized I didn't watch Chareese a lot, I could hit myself the head for that! :sad: Some curly boy on stage was drawing my attention too much, shame on him! :biggrin2:

After being part of the magical world of Mika, it was hard waking up in the real world this morning, with a soar throat and no voice left.

Now there's only one thing left that I want: MORE Mika gigs!!!!:aah:

:blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl:

Ok; I think I was one of them ... sorry ... I was so caught up in the moment

Oh, no, no, no!!! I wasn't talking about you!! From that side it was ok, it were the people behind me and our guy that screamed very hard :aah:

Seriously, you were great! As you'll probably hear in the videos :naughty::biggrin2: (but really in a good way :wink2:).

Oh, no, no, no!!! I wasn't talking about you!! From that side it was ok, it were the people behind me and our guy that screamed very hard :aah:

Seriously, you were great! As you'll probably hear in the videos :naughty::biggrin2: (but really in a good way :wink2:).

I'm not saying anything....will have a look/listen first....and then crawl away in a corner in shame. :naughty:

(photos almost up!)

I'm not saying anything....will have a look/listen first....and then crawl away in a corner in shame. :naughty:

(photos almost up!)

:lmfao:

No, I think you'll be fine too ... I haven't seen the videos yet but some little parts and it mostly came from the back .. there was a girl that screamed her longs out (literally I think :aah:) but to my left & right it was ok, really :wink2: (only your arms are sometimes "in the way" so in case you're wondering 'are that my arms?" : YES, they are! :naughty: )

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

the lady looks more entertained now! :teehee:

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

(man in disguise) This is a hold up! And we have a dangerous weapon, as you can see! :teehee:

IMG_0105.jpg

the others: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v676/funkycowgirl/mika/antwerp/?albumview=slideshow (password: mikalove)

if anyone wants the big size picture (lg, bg,...) lemme know!

Edited by funkycowgirl

Yesterday was my first MIKA-gig , but also my first gig ever . ♥

It was just amazing .. I sat in block 118 row 18 or so . It was not too far from the stage .

But there happened pretty much before the gig too . ^^

I met the first time Elien (she's on MFC too but she's not that active , I'm not too but a bit more as she is xD) She's really nice , also in real live.

Then we drove with another friend to Sportpaleis , and when we were parking the car, there was a guy peeing :aah:

Then when we were walking I suddenly stopped , I heard Relax playing , it was not the cd-version and then we saw it was LICM that was playing in a bar. <3

Then we saw a tram of MNM (Belgium radio station.) we walked back to take a picture of it .

Then Sofie laughed she said that it was stupid we stopped for taking a picture of a tram while there was a guy of MIKA's crew calling a few meters further. So we were like Really ?! :shocked: And we went back again, and we saw that guy , he was wearing a fleece with MIKA on it. Then we also saw a car with the window open and the guy was singing Blame It On The Girls as loud as possible , so funny to hear ! :roftl:

Then we went in , I doubted if I should buy the 'Shout'-T-shirt , but I did. But there was no card for the Magic Numbers and I said and the guy pulled one of another T-shirt for me ;D

Then stupid support act , so boring . xp

But when MIKA came on stage .. I was like 'He's real and he stands about 20 meters from me' and then I got a bit tears in my eyes . :teehee:

The whole show was great , but you could hear his voice was a bit tired, but no matter, he's greaaat and he is sooo good live, I was so amazed. I had already seen LICM though and a lot of YT-video's too ..

MIKA saying 'Ik ben doood' was so funny ! :roftl:

And so cute too :wub2:

But there were 2 gay man standing for us , and they were irritating, they leaved during the show , for half an hour or so , and then they were back. I like gay people , really , but not if they are like that (and that has nothing to do with beeing gay) .. xp

After the show it was time for the meet & greet I won with Q music.

We had to say how we won the m&g , and 2 women standing for us said Q music too , but I couldn't hear which language they were speaking, and I thought maybe in Wallonie there's a Q music too . But when I said Q music the woman said that it wasn't possible, but I printed my e-mail, and I won, the other 2 had to give their 'bracelets' to us xD

We were standing in a room with about 16 people who won a m&g .. I expected that we had 1 or 2 minutes alone with him and would come to him and just wait in that room , but then He suddenly came in. I said Omg ! Ö and Sofie laughed she said Keep on breathing x) I said I'm trying . x) He came to me and he said 'Bonjour' and I said 'Hello' and he signed my T-shirts . I'm trying to remember what he said . It wasn't that much because he was tired , you could hear it in his voice.

He said something like 'Can you hold it like that' (or something , for sign my T-shirt) I only could giggle , I felt so stupid so I said 'I can't believe I meet you' then I said 'I have some presents for you' and I gave him my self-made cake with MIKA on top of it, but the chocolate melted . So I said 'The chocolat melt a bit' and he said 'It smells good' then I gave him the pen and key chain (?) with an M on it. There was a Dutch text on it so I said 'There's a Dutch text on it but here's the translation' then I gave him another Key chain but it was a little teddy bear and he wrapped it out and I said 'I hope you like it' and he said 'I love it' :wub2: With the accent on loooove :wub2: Then he said something that he let the presents lay on the table go signing and take pictures with the other people and then goin to pick it up I said Ok then he said about the cake 'That's exactly what we need on the bus' Then I received the golden plate and he signed it and drawed a heart on it :wub2: Then he saw laying my cd's and dvd's and he said 'Do I have to sign these too?' I said Yes then when it was done I said 'Thank you so much, I love you' then he said Bye , he gave me a hand and he went to the other people.

I remembered that he gave me a hand when I was in school, it was a lot what happened .. But it was amazing .. :mf_lustslow::blush-anim-cl:

This morning I felt sooo bad .. Not really tired , I was as wake up as possible but I said to my mum 'If this is the feeling after a MIKA-gig , I never go to one anymore' she said Why ? then I said 'I feel so bad' and then I started crying .. :mf_rosetinted: And I was sick a whole day , still overwhelmed that I saw him performing and meeting him .. A day to never forget ..

(Add me on Facebook for pictures just send me a pm if you want ;p)

I looooveee how I've read the same thing a couple of times!! The Ik ben dood part!! I wonder why we all thought that was so hilarious :aah:

setlist:

Relax, Take It Easy

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

Stuck In The Middle

Dr. John

Blue Eyes

Any Other World

Good Gone Girl

Billy Brown

Touches You

Over My Shoulder

I See You

Rain

Blame It On The Girls

Happy Ending

Love Today

We Are Golden

Bis:

Toy Boy

Grace Kelly

Bis 2:

Lollipop

Bis 3:

Relax, Take It Easy

Kick ass (Mika off stage, musicians having fun together in front)

http://www.concertnews.be/recensietonen.php?id=480&kop=%20Mika&waar=%20Sportpaleis%20Merksem

I looooveee how I've read the same thing a couple of times!! The Ik ben dood part!! I wonder why we all thought that was so hilarious :aah:

setlist:

Relax, Take It Easy

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

Stuck In The Middle

Dr. John

Blue Eyes

Any Other World

Good Gone Girl

Billy Brown

Touches You

Over My Shoulder

I See You

Rain

Blame It On The Girls

Happy Ending

Love Today

We Are Golden

Bis:

Toy Boy

Grace Kelly

Bis 2:

Lollipop

Bis 3:

Relax, Take It Easy

Kick ass (Mika off stage, musicians having fun together in front)

http://www.concertnews.be/recensietonen.php?id=480&kop=%20Mika&waar=%20Sportpaleis%20Merksem

Because it just was? :lmfao:

Think because it was dark at the time and then suddenly Mika 'Ik ben dood' .. (droge humor :naughty::aah: Weet alleen niet hoe je dat in het engels zegt :roftl:)

I think because of the fact he said it in such a low voice and with the most childlike accent ever :wub2: I can't wait to here it again in Bienie's vids

We've found a fleece sweater of Esprit in our car.

Let me know if it's yours! =)

jolien

Hmm, a black one?

I think I'm missing something :teehee::blush-anim-cl:

:huglove:!!!!

what is he WEARING???:shocked::shocked::naughty:

EDIT: did they say he had technical problems??

My Dutch isnt that good :naughty:

yes, that was the reason for postponing the gig. He didn't have technical problems yesterday though.

I think because of the fact he said it in such a low voice and with the most childlike accent ever :wub2: I can't wait to here it again in Bienie's vids

Oh yes, that too! :biggrin2:

Next week .... somewhere next week ... :teehee::blush-anim-cl:

(or maybe I'll skip some song and just upload that one :aah:)