Greetings from Toronto!

MojoJojo

Hey Everyone!

I'm Johan from Toronto, Canada!

Big, big fan of Mika! I first heard of Mika when I was on a layover, I'm cabin crew, in the UK and could not stop humming Grace Kelly. Needless to say ever since I've been in awe with Mika's music and the fact that he's right fit too!

My favorite song to date of Mika's is Blue Eyes from The Boy Who Knew Too Much. Its got a very festive feeling in the music and lyrically smart. But in connection to this there's a song that Mika wrote called Gave It All Away, which was sung by Boyzone. When I heard it I immediately liked it, but really mixed pop and that same festive type feeling. So was totally surprised when I found out Mika wrote it... such a talent he is! lol

Anyway I'm just now waiting to see when Mika will come and start touring in North America. I have a feeling that he'll come out to Toronto in the fall?! Wishful thinking?! What you guys think?

Well! Hi everyone! And feel free to say hi too!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Johan! I'm in Toronto too. :biggrin2:

Mika actually started his first tour after the album was released in Toronto. Did you go to the Sound Academy?

He has talked about doing some shows at Radio City Music Hall but we don't know if he's doing another full North American tour yet. The fall is probably the most likely time for him to be here though.

:bye: johan!

welcome to MFC :yay:

i'm also hoping he goes to toronto in the fall, he usually comes to montreal before or after :biggrin2:

i take it you didn't get to see him last october huh?

Salut GuyLainem!

No I missed him, was on a flight! Which was a bad decision but you can't always get what you want. Well if he goes to Montreal first, I'd go to the Montreal show then to the Toronto show! I'm sure there would be a different type of mood and such! lol....

Thanks for the welcome!

Hey Johan! I'm in Toronto too. :biggrin2:

Mika actually started his first tour after the album was released in Toronto. Did you go to the Sound Academy?

He has talked about doing some shows at Radio City Music Hall but we don't know if he's doing another full North American tour yet. The fall is probably the most likely time for him to be here though.

Hope he comes to Toronto, or I'll throw a fit! :P Haha no I didn't go to the Sound Academy! C'mon we gotta get Mika to come to Toronto and Montreal! I mean he rocks! And so does Canada. So we gotta rock together! :P

Yes there's a very different mood from Toronto to Montreal. Mika is huge in France so he is more popular in Montreal than Toronto. The Toronto venues are clubs and not theatres or arenas.

Since you're flying all the time, would you go to NYC? He usually ends up doing something in NYC or LA in between tours. He hadn't been to Toronto in 2 years and I really don't know when he's coming back, sadly. The 3 Toronto shows have been very special for me.

Yes there's a very different mood from Toronto to Montreal. Mika is huge in France so he is more popular in Montreal than Toronto. The Toronto venues are clubs and not theatres or arenas.

Since you're flying all the time, would you go to NYC? He usually ends up doing something in NYC or LA in between tours. He hadn't been to Toronto in 2 years and I really don't know when he's coming back, sadly. The 3 Toronto shows have been very special for me.

Yeah, I could imagine being very different. I was almost going to see him in Paris, but the tickets were quite steep. I think we're a bit spoiled with our ticket prices being much lower. But still it had been a long flight for me.

I wish I were able to head over to NYC, but my company does not do any domestic or transborder stuff, so I'd have to find my own way there...but I'd bear a 15 hour bus ride to see Mika live!

What made the shows so special for you?

Yeah, I could imagine being very different. I was almost going to see him in Paris, but the tickets were quite steep. I think we're a bit spoiled with our ticket prices being much lower. But still it had been a long flight for me.

I wish I were able to head over to NYC, but my company does not do any domestic or transborder stuff, so I'd have to find my own way there...but I'd bear a 15 hour bus ride to see Mika live!

What made the shows so special for you?

That's a shame about the flights, but Cassiopee (above) and some other girls have done some long haul bus rides to see Mika in Toronto and NYC so I'm sure they'll tell you it's worth it.

So you just fly to Europe? There are tons of festivals in the summer, maybe you could consider that. I think at least some of them in France Mika would be headlining so you'd get a pretty full show. You could check out the gig threads and talk to other fans about the options. Although like you said the ticket prices are probably pretty steep. :naughty:

Anyway I'll have my fingers crossed that he's coming back to Toronto before the tour is over. :biggrin2:

The first show was at the Mod Club. If you've ever been you know it's tiny. :aah: I wasn't even a fan at the time really. Like you I was singing Grace Kelly all the time and just wanted to check him out. But you could tell what an extraordinary talent he was, even just doing a simple short set on a little stage.

The second show was at the Kool Haus and the crowd was just crazy. It was so high energy and exciting. People have probably experienced that all over the world but it was a first for me.

The day before the Sound Academy gig in October a few of us ran into Mika at the T&T Supermarket and he asked us to help him paint his set. So we worked with him all afternoon and he let us stick around all evening to watch them rehearse for the tour. It was the first show of the tour and it was completely different from any of his previous tours so it was full of surprises, even for us.

I'm thinking about doing the Toronto-Montreal trip the next time he comes here, too! :teehee: I'd say New York as well but...I'm sure that would never happen. :naughty: ...enough about me, and my ramblings.

Welcome to the MFC! You're going to l-o-v-e it here. :biggrin2:

Here's the Canadian thread, come by and say 'hello' - or 'bonjour'...whatever. :naughty:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12712

The day before the Sound Academy gig in October a few of us ran into Mika at the T&T Supermarket and he asked us to help him paint his set. So we worked with him all afternoon and he let us stick around all evening to watch them rehearse for the tour. It was the first show of the tour and it was completely different from any of his previous tours so it was full of surprises, even for us.

YA KNOW WHAT?! JEAAAAALOUS! Man I gotta get to T&T more often! But seriously where did that shuttle go! lol..

Thanks for the great welcome you guys! I can tell you're all a great bunch! Now lets demand the Golden Boy to get his booty to Canada!

YA KNOW WHAT?! JEAAAAALOUS! Man I gotta get to T&T more often! But seriously where did that shuttle go! lol..

Thanks for the great welcome you guys! I can tell you're all a great bunch! Now lets demand the Golden Boy to get his booty to Canada!

agreed:mf_rosetinted:

Hi there MojoJojo! Welcome to the MFC!

I live in one of the suburbs of Toronto and have been a Mika fan from day one!

It's great to know that his fan base keeps growing and that we hopefully get to see another gig here soon and maybe even meet. Next to the MikaSounds site, this is the place to find all the up-to-date events, shows and gigs, so we hope you stick around and get the most out of this place. I've had the opportunity to meet some fantastic people from this forum on some of my trips to Mika gigs. Nice to see another Torontonian here. :biggrin2:

Archived