Class95FM Radio interview - June 9 2010

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very odd...

It's called being slack and living with your parents in Australia..

A studio near where I live is about 80000 euros. A flat about 150000 euros. Do you want me to tell you how much an average salary is? And it's not even Milan...

Young people do not share flats here. :no: Unless they are studying in a different city and they need temporary accommodation near the university.

There is no state support for families with young children.

Each country has different ways of living. The Australian way is not much appreciated here.

I wouldn't say that living near your parents means that you are not independent. Moreover, I don't feel like judging him for his choices, because that's none of my business. And I'm sure Mika is the one who supports the whole family with his job. I think it's great that all the family members stay together to help him with his career. I also think that he deserves to enjoy his family life now that things are more relaxed for them.

A studio near where I live is about 80000 euros. A flat about 150000 euros. Do you want me to tell you how much an average salary is? And it's not even Milan...

Young people do not share flats here. :no: Unless they are studying in a different city and they need temporary accommodation near the university.

Each country has different ways of living. The Australian way is not much appreciated here.

I wouldn't say that living near your parents means that you are not independent. Moreover, I don't feel like judging him for his choices, because that's none of my business. And I'm sure Mika is the one who supports the whole family with his job. I think it's great that all the family members stay together to help him with his career. I also think that he deserves to enjoy his family life now that things are more relaxed for them.

Same in Bulgaria! People stay with their families, even after they marry.

It is a Southern/Eastern kind of thing: sticking with your family. It has nothing to do with not being mature or so. It is just this cultural thing (with Mika too) which tends to be misinterpreted in other countries. Perhaps he should just set it right and say it at interviews (that this is quite normal in Lebanon f.e.) because he's always irritated when journalists ask him about it. I should be too. He's just too patient with them... If I was him I would tell them they are ignorant idiots and have to do more research before asking such stupid questions. :sneaky2:

Lordy, we agree again! And of course in London it's extremely expensive, especially around Mika's area.

Lots of young people are staying with their parents now because even renting is expensive and the only way they can save for a home of their own is to stay with their parents and save.

I don't think he lacks independence because he lives in the basement of the family home. It has a separate entrance. He doesn't have to let them in if they knock. And I'm sure he has other places to go for privacy too. :wink2:

It's similar here in Serbia, especially when young people come from the other cities or countries. In that case they can share not only the flats but also the big, single room. Renting is expensive especially if you're single and want to live in the downtown area. One way or another most of them have to sticky with their family for the finacial and not only emotional reasons.

And I totally agree that the interaction between Mika and his family is something very nice IMO.:wink2:

Same in Bulgaria! People stay with their families, even after they marry.

It is a Southern/Eastern kind of thing: sticking with your family. It has nothing to do with not being mature or so. It is just this cultural thing (with Mika too) which tends to be misinterpreted in other countries. Perhaps he should just set it right and say it at interviews (that this is quite normal in Lebanon f.e.) because he's always irritated when journalists ask him about it. I should be too. He's just too patient with them... If I was him I would tell them they are ignorant idiots and have to do more research before asking such stupid questions. :sneaky2:

It's a cultural thing of course at the whole Balcan region and Middle East.

But I know from my own expereince that I was looking forward to leave my parents house when I got married and I didn't regret it all.:aah:

Lordy, we agree again! And of course in London it's extremely expensive, especially around Mika's area.

Lots of young people are staying with their parents now because even renting is expensive and the only way they can save for a home of their own is to stay with their parents and save.

I don't think he lacks independence because he lives in the basement of the family home. It has a separate entrance. He doesn't have to let them in if they knock. And I'm sure he has other places to go for privacy too. :wink2:

Exactly my thoughts.

i´ve heard many times his basement has its own entrance door... but i´ve seen his house and i only saw one door....:blink:

So you think he's actually not separated from his family?:blink:

So you think he's actually not separated from his family?:blink:

if he has his own door entrance to his basement,believe me,that door must be inside of the house. he needs to in through the main door of the house... perhaps then,there are stairs or something like that and there´s a door again... but the house has only a door.....:blink:

if he has his own door entrance to his basement,believe me,that door must be inside of the house. he needs to in through the main door of the house... perhaps then,there are stairs or something like that and there´s a door again... but the house has only a door.....:blink:

I'm sure I've seen a photo where you can see that his basement has its own door - I remember seeing some outside steps just next to the main house's entrance, which lead down to his basement entrance :dunno:

Oh and when Q-magazine did that huge article about his last Asian tour, the interviewer wrote something about leaving Mika's basement and as the interviewer was leaving, someone was walking down those steps to go into Mika's basement...

I'm sure I've seen a photo where you can see that his basement has its own door - I remember seeing some outside steps just next to the main house's entrance, which lead down to his basement entrance :dunno:

Oh and when Q-magazine did that huge article about his last Asian tour, the interviewer wrote something about leaving Mika's basement and as the interviewer was leaving, someone was walking down those steps to go into Mika's basement...

Exactly. I rememeber very well that interview in the Q-magazine.

And on the pics with GaGa you can see the gate which leads to the interior of the basement and his own door on the left down there.:wink2:

Ohh my little beauties .. just be careful details on Mikas house... lets show his some privacy , it looks ok as you stand but in general .....

We are his fans we need to look after him:biggrin2:

Sorry Freddie :blush-anim-cl:

Ohh my little beauties .. just be careful details on Mikas house... lets show his some privacy , it looks ok as you stand but in general .....

We are his fans we need to look after him:biggrin2:

ok sorry mastah. but i´m sure i haven´t said nothing that wasn´t before on the press.... i´ve never been in london!! all i know is what i´ve seen in the press!! but i won´t never do any comment about this again!! promise!!

adios chico guapo!!!:wink2:

The french cameraman came though Mika´s entrance door into the flat after Mika played Blue Eyes in this nice french report. He has his own door! I forgot the name of the vid :teehee:

That's the problem with bloody liars: when they tell the truth, nobody will believe them! :roftl:

Exactly. I rememeber very well that interview in the Q-magazine.

And on the pics with GaGa you can see the gate which leads to the interior of the basement and his own door on the left down there.:wink2:

That's a very common thing too. A lot of those big houses are split into flats and therefore have their own entrances. I myself have lived in two similar places, in the basement. In one of them there was access both from the inside and a door outside too. In the second one, there was no access from the main entrance just my own door down some steps.

Quite often where the house is a single household, the basement is still made into a flat for the housekeeper or nanny.

I think Laura is talking about Mika. :teehee:

But you are wrong.

yeah,i know... i´ve watched again the pic i have... and i still can´t see the door... perhaps it´s because ithas a bad perspective... but i can only see one door....

:doh: not you, Mika! :roftl: I was talking about the door! :wink2:

ah....:teehee:

• 6 months later...

Archived