Worst Gig You have been to?

eloise.shaw

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guano Apes, a few years ago...it was in a free entrance festival, so EVERYONE was there, from teenagers like us to women carrying babies, for example... Many people there had no idea who the band was.

The opening band were cr@p, the gig started an hour and a half late, the place had a nice view (by the river) but it was uncomfortable, because it wasn't exactly plain. :huh: All this kinda ruins the mood...

When Guano Apes came on stage we were already sick of being there! :aah: Not that the gig itself was bad, but it was probably the worst I've been to, due to all those things.

Worst ever was defnintely Plot to Blow Up The Eiffel Tower. I don't know if they're still a band, but I saw them open for the Blood Brothers years ago and the lead singer kept spitting into the crowd, it was disgusting. I couldn't even concentrate on their music, I was just dodging spit.

Guano Apes, a few years ago...it was in a free entrance festival, so EVERYONE was there, from teenagers like us to women carrying babies, for example... Many people there had no idea who the band was.

The opening band were cr@p, the gig started an hour and a half late, the place had a nice view (by the river) but it was uncomfortable, because it wasn't exactly plain. :huh: All this kinda ruins the mood...

When Guano Apes came on stage we were already sick of being there! :aah: Not that the gig itself was bad, but it was probably the worst I've been to, due to all those things.

Worst ever was defnintely Plot to Blow Up The Eiffel Tower. I don't know if they're still a band, but I saw them open for the Blood Brothers years ago and the lead singer kept spitting into the crowd, it was disgusting. I couldn't even concentrate on their music, I was just dodging spit.

Both sound baaddd... mika is better than that:naughty:

It's usually only plays/musicals that I find are really bad. I almost always enjoy a gig on some level - the company, the atmosphere, one of the other acts. I think one of the worst performances I've ever heard was Avril Lavigne. It was a charity event so there were many artists and I hadn't come to see her. She was screeching so badly I had to cover my ears and go out to the lobby to get a drink. :teehee:

I've never hated a Mika gig (obviously!), but he was very sick at Brixton in 2007 and was coughing through the encore. :aah: He was so ill he cancelled the next two shows so it was really hard to look back on that gig as a "good one".

It's usually only plays/musicals that I find are really bad. I almost always enjoy a gig on some level - the company, the atmosphere, one of the other acts. I think one of the worst performances I've ever heard was Avril Lavigne. It was a charity event so there were many artists and I hadn't come to see her. She was screeching so badly I had to cover my ears and go out to the lobby to get a drink. :teehee:

I've never hated a Mika gig (obviously!), but he was very sick at Brixton in 2007 and was coughing through the encore. :aah: He was so ill he cancelled the next two shows so it was really hard to look back on that gig as a "good one".

Ah yeh, avril is good on her songs, but live must be bad. LOl. i find operas quite boring. and old people stuff like that. lol.

Ah yeh, avril is good on her songs, but live must be bad. LOl. i find operas quite boring. and old people stuff like that. lol.

Ha, I'm old people so I don't mind it. :wink2:

But I really can't stand musicals like We Will Rock You. Maybe they have better calibre performances in the West End and on Broadway but the Toronto productions of shows like this are really lame/cheesy. :aah:

Ha, I'm old people so I don't mind it. :wink2:

But I really can't stand musicals like We Will Rock You. Maybe they have better calibre performances in the West End and on Broadway but the Toronto productions of shows like this are really lame/cheesy. :aah:

I like musicals like 'cats' and joseph and his amazing coat. andrew lloyd webber. lol.

Hmm Mika likes operas and old people's stuff like that, so I have heard. (through my colander)

I'm young, I like operas :teehee:

Anyways... I can't really recall a bad gig from the top of my head. But I think that has to do with the fact that I mostly just block out stuff like that? :lmfao:

Errrmm, I was veryyyy disappointed in Sam Sparro tho. At a mika gig in amsterdam, he and hercules and love affair were the opening acts. Everyone hated hercules and loved sam, I was the odd person that thought otherwise :aah: I already knew sam sparro, loved the music so I was really looking forward to that. And was very disappointed... Not just his act. Also the people around me. Lots of pushing and people being rude :aah:

Another 'bad' one was a Michael Jackson tribute show. It wasn't TOTALLY awful but still, it could have been a whole lot better.

Guns n Roses 1 month time ago cos 2 guys on each side of me keept on hitting me in my head from both sides and peeps was pushing so much i could barely breath... security had to carry me out in the middle of the gig cos of it... peeps around me had to call for security. The 2 guys that did that hitting thingy didnt gave a damn from what ive heard. One of em said before the show that he wanted me to fall on the ground so he could get my spot. Was told after by a few who have been to other gnr gigs that they have never seen peeps push as much as they did there before... :shocked:

Oooh! Forgot another one!

Beck, at Super Bock Super Rock Festival (aka "the performance that only Mika enjoyed) :aah:

The festival itself was bad, there were technical problems (sounds and stuff), there was another festival in Lisbon on that same day, with an incredible set of bands, so the audience to ours was lets say..."little" (in an very optimistic view, something like 4000 people there)

Beck performed after Duran Duran and before Mika. Both had great gigs, very energetic, and the crowd was probably 50/50 for each, I didn't see anyone who bought the ticket to see just Beck, so he didn't have his fan base there.

We were really looking forward to his gig, and he started with Devil's Haircut, Loser,... and I thought "woah! This is gonna be good!". Boy was I wrong... He IS a good musician. Fact. He has great songs. Fact. But he was soooooo boring...

The audience was like:

Beginning - :boing:

After 10 minutes - :blink:

After an hour - :sleep_1:

I only saw people screaming (on our side of the audience) when someone spotted Mika on the side of the satge, apparently really enjoying Beck's perfomanczzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! :aah:

Other thing I didn't like, he didn't even spoke to the audience... Came on stage silent and left the stage without even saying goodbye. :blink: He only talked to say it was his drummer's (or keybord player? Can't remember...) birthday, and we sang happy b-day to the guy... And that was it, he looked like a robot, just playing song after song. NOT GOOD for a festival, Mr.Beck. Not good!

We were really looking forward to his gig, and he started with Devil's Haircut, Loser,... and I thought "woah! This is gonna be good!". Boy was I wrong... He IS a good musician. Fact. He has great songs. Fact. But he was soooooo boring...

I don't understand the appeal of this guy at all. :dunno:

I don't understand the appeal of this guy at all. :dunno:

I like some of his songs, although I don't know all of his work.

And before the festival we were told his gigs were really good, with lots of energy... Maybe we were talking about the wrong Beck! :aah:

One thing's for sure, you'll never see me attending one of his gigs again, unless he plays before a band I really really REEEEEALLY want to see! :roftl:

Oh man, I saw We Will Rock You in Las Vegas years ago and I was so excited about a Queen musical but it was so, so, so, bad. I think half of it was the plot, and half was the people on stage butchering the songs. I think if there would have been better performers, I would have liked it better.

over 18. :aah:

Oh woops, I'm not young then, sorry! Will drive my old senior ass outa here :old:

:roftl::bleh::wink2:

Oh, and I also didn't like Alpha Blondy :puke: Saw him at a festival once. Don't get why my friends insisted on seeing that.

The first time I saw Relient K was pretty horrible. We got to the arena far too late which put us smack-dab in the middle of the general admission show. I'm only 4'11", so I got a great view of a big guy's back and the smells around me were horrific.

I went to see the Wallflowers last summer and that was not much fun at all. The actual performance was fine, it was just the people around me were obnoxious and pushy.

The most worst gig for me was Meat Loaf.It was on a festival and he was bad. I allways loved his music, but this guy is disgusting. He spit on the stage, chewing chewing gum and try to sing with this in his mouth :eek:.

Archived