REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS: Mika @ Sziget Festival, Hungary - August 13 2010

Droopsy

I shouldn´t read this :badmood:

I am totally angry about Hungarian people... Oh my, MIKA is so great.. I really undestand now why he cancelled show in Prague and why he will NEVER come to Slovakia. Peope in the middle of Europe, they just don´t deserve MIKA to come, because they listen just those commercial sh*ts, they can´t welcome someone as amazing as Mika is... People here just don´t know what real quality is and it´s so sad! there is few people who are not so stupid about music.. But I dunno, I really think that 70% people here are just stupid. So sad. Mika should stay there in London and Paris, because our mentality is so sick . :sad:

For example, I just can´t imagine Mika on the street here in Košice, Slovakia... I think that people would look at him like he was completely fool gay, we know just one model of ideal person and everyone, who is DIFFERENT is just loser here. So sad.

I shouldn´t read this :badmood:

I am totally angry about Hungarian people... Oh my, MIKA is so great.. I really undestand now why he cancelled show in Prague and why he will NEVER come to Slovakia. Peope in the middle of Europe, they just don´t deserve MIKA to come, because they listen just those commercial sh*ts, they can´t welcome someone as amazing as Mika is... People here just don´t know what real quality is and it´s so sad! there is few people who are not so stupid about music.. But I dunno, I really think that 70% people here are just stupid. So sad. Mika should stay there in London and Paris, because our mentality is so sick . :sad:

For example, I just can´t imagine Mika on the street here in Košice, Slovakia... I think that people would look at him like he was completely fool gay, we know just one model of ideal person and everyone, who is DIFFERENT is just loser here. So sad.

You know, I don't think it's that much about the people themselves. A lot of everything you think is influenced by the Media. It really would help if Mika was played in the radio. In Eastern European countries as well as in other parts of the world. I don't know if 30 Seconds to Mars are played a lot in Hungarian radios but I could imagine they are. I don't know any of their songs but I could imagine that they just more "fit" into the kind of music that is sold in Hungary. An if the record companies decide to push them they will get a lot of time on the radio and a lot of chances to be seen in newspapers and in the tv. And if they are seen more often there will be more people who could like them and turn into fans and so on. So it really depends on the whole system behind the music industry. I'm definately no expert in that and maybe I think WAY to easy but that's how I explain those things to myself :dunno:

Sorry for the double-post...

About this not so nice review: Does this link http://index.hu/kultur/zene/fesztival/2010/08/14/homoerotikaban_feloldodott_macsosag/ work?

Here is what google-translator told me was the English version:

In many ways I was afraid because of Mika's action: the rapporteur will be able to properly play the Main Stage, to remove without the boredom of the whole concert? Although some can hit next couple of slips on weak one, Mika impressive was funny and cute concert, which was part of an organizer: the exaggeration.

The stage was covered in sunflowers and cemetery crosses, center-stage lunar surface have made over the sun, the scope of two pink skull, as if Tim Burton designed it. This in itself was quite excessive, but since the beginning of this concert rápakolva inflated a giant high-heeled foot in it one can not say anything. Mika genre of an exaggeration, too handsome, too cute, his voice is too high and, moreover, the stage is your favorite playground. And he is bisexual, which also has the ability to make a joke about Billy Brown. Who is the gay issue, which is Relax, Take It Easy During the song were put behind me, have not received a concrete answer, but two numbers during the dissolution of the happy homoerotikában macsóságuk scratched, so they were able to végigbulizni the concert.

Agreed. I think it's a general decision with festivals. As an artist you take the risk to be ignored or to have an audience that isn't interested. But in the end every concert he gives is an advertisement for him as well. And those festivals are more an advertisement than a concert of his is because there are people that wouldn't come to his gigs. Especially in Sziget were (from my impression) just a few people coming for Mika. All the others saw him live and I guess most of them didn't know him in advance. Now they know him and that's what advertisement is suppossed to do with the "product". If some of them hear the name "Mika" again and think "yep, I've seen him at Sziget" or even "yep, I liked his performance at Sziget" it's a sucess and as his performance was really good, I'm sure some will think that. :thumb_yello:

That the day wasn't the greatest joy for one or two MFCers doesn't make the festival a bad thing. It's not that much about the ones who are already fans but about those *normal* people who didn't know or didn't see him so far. That's why I think it was a good decision to do this festival in the end (for Mika, still not sure about my journey :aah::naughty:) Or: this time I hope he doesn't care about MY opinion :naughty:

I fully agree with you. Right words :thumb_yello:

Hi Little and not so Little Girls and Boys!

I was there, too, this was my second gig after the Basel one, the first Festival one, however - I am happy, that I met some of the Hunagarian MFC-ers:)

Reports here are interesting, pics are great - the concert was short and the audience was horrible - you discussed this problem here several times.

The Festival was a real bad experience to me, you will find some of my problems definetily ridiculous: I was locked in a Toi-Toi for about 10 minutes, I had a chewing gum in my hair later, something was stolen from my bag (it doesn't matter what it was, but is was important to me) and the most important thing: I worked about 5 hours on the day before the concert to cut the letters out from a very heavy/hard (and very expensive)glittery-golden paper: W E A R E G O L D E N - for nothing! We couldn't orginize, that people hold and show them towards the stage - they all fall down and the crowd was stepping on them...:(

And I am also very sorry, that the balloon-project didn't work - DuMika knows, that I tried, but it was not enought time to let them blow up, when I arrived at about 6 o'clock.

Next time - I hope it will be next time - we should organize ourselves better!

Edited by pucsesz

Hi Little and not so Little Girls and Boys!

I was there, too, this was my second gig after the Basel one, the first Festival one, however - I am happy, that I met some of the Hunagarian MFC-ers:)

Reports here are interesting, pics are great - the concert was short and the audience was horrible - you discussed this problem here several times.

The Festival was a real bad experience to me, you will find some of my problems definetily ridiculous: I was locked in a Toi-Toi for about 10 minutes, I had a chewing gum in my hair later, something was stolen from my bag (it doesn't matter what it was, but is was important to me) and the most important thing: I worked about 5 hours on the day before the concert to cut the letters out from a very heavy/hard (and very expensive)glittery-golden paper: W E A R E G O L D E N - for nothing! We couldn't orginize, that people hold and show them towards the stage - they all fall down and the crowd was stepping on them...:(

And I am also very sorry, that the balloon-project didn't work - DuMika knows, that I tried, but it was not enought time to let them blow up, when I arrived at about 6 o'clock.

Next time - I hope it will be next time - we should organize ourselves better!

Yes,Excatly!As I said I'm totally agree with you!And I feel really sorry for you!It's awful,that the crowd could't spell WE ARE GOLDEN.But this wasn't the biggest problem.I mean the lot of money and work.

I think I would't do anything like this for next time.I think Mika was really afraid of the first and the second row...30 seconds to Mars fans everywhere.You can imagine.He deserves a fantastic audience.Not dark and red haired punks.(Or what)

All I can say for you,and for everyone who want to go to a festival,is that don't do anything like that.

It's just spare time and money.It's disgusting,that others can't appraise other people's work.:no:

Eeeeerm.http://index.hu/kultur/zene/fesztiva...dott_macsosag/

This review is just what I expected.They call Mika fag,bisexual,they say that he makes fun of gay people.But to be fair they're writing good things about him too.They write that he's too handsome,too cute,too energic etc.

:blink: ummmmmm they say that he's gay AND that he's making fun of gay people? Why would they say that? That'd mean that he's making fun of himself then. :blink:

I can't believe that THIS were the reviews of the gig... I mean... come on. :aah:

:blink:

:aah:No no no!

@DuMika , I think you misunderstood the review:wink2:

IT IS AN ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE REVIEW FROM SOMEONE WHO DID NOT EXPECT HIM TO HAVE SUCH A STRONG SHOW. Calling himself bisexual is not an offence:wink2: He called Mika a smart performer, liked him, understood evrything what was happening on stage and commented that even the macho guys in the audience warmed to him eventually. :roftl:

PS, your link doesn't work, but I found it:

http://index.hu/kultur/zene/fesztival/2010/08/14/homoerotikaban_feloldodott_macsosag/

I might translate it into English later, after my holidays:wink2:

@keti Mika was merely a support act here, hence the short show. It was meant to be like that. HE was given just over an hour, no more. Had he been headlining the day (which is a bit unrealistic to say since he is not known in Hungary - although I had never heard of Papa Roach and 30Secs to Mars, either), he would have had a longer show with a more supportitive audience.

As for the adience, it was actually very similar to the Exit adience in terms of the macho punk metal fans turning up to crowd surf over young girls and being out of their brains. I think the organisers of both Exit and at Sziget should be ashamed of themselves, really. You have to understand the difference between the audiences of punk and pop acts. MIka would have been so great before Muse, for example, who headline Sunday. However, he might not have had a choice in the first place, due to his tight schedule. Maybe waiting to get the right slot to perform at was part of the reason why this festival appearance was confirmd so late.

Edited by suzie

Hi everyone!

As you all know Mika really has a talent for languages and he spoke really well in Hungarian at sziget:biggrin2: but I figured he talked much more in Hungarian than what I could catch at the show (well it was pretty loud) so I had this weird idea that we should list all the hungarian words he said at the concert :biggrin2:

I remember him saying:

Köszönöm - thank you

Rosszul beszélek magyarul - I don't speak well in hungarian

Mika vagyok - I'm Mika

3-ig számolok - I count to 3

Ugráljatok - jump

Halott - dead

(I've even read that he introduced the band in hungarian...??? does anyone remembers that?)

Edited by Kriszti
  • Like 1

It's good to read that he had a better audience at Exit.There were more than 30,000 people at his gig,but most of them were there for 30 seconds to Mars.I still can't understand what's so good in them.Anyway...I hate the Hungarian journalists.Maybe those who write this 'Index' forum were jelaous

I don't know.On the Sziget's site they write only good things about him.I'm happy to read more than just bad reviews.

This is what they write on Sziget's website:

The great entertainer - Mika

Sure there are heaps of Sziget-bands returning for the nth time, but still, there are some artists who have come for the first time this year: a perfect example of that is Mika, who made up for his show cancelled three years ago on Friday. With his 2007 debut album, this British singer-composer has immediately won the appreciation of music-experts, so we are truly happy that after his two concert-DVDs, his famous show has finally reached us, too. The stage-decoration already gave us a hint of the perfect Mika-atmosphere, but after the first song Relax, Take it Easy nobody had any dobts about the quality of the show: professional arrangements and performance, great songs and fantastic stage-appearance – that's the best way to sum up these seventyfive minutes. Hits from last year's album The Boy Who Knew Too Much and songs of the debut-album have also been played, we got to hear Billy Brown supported by a huge Billy-flag, a disco-version of Rain, and in the end an encore with Love Today-We Are Golden-Grace Kelly, plus in the end, we also had a chance to hear the Eurythmics-cover Sweet Dreams, and Lollipop with an intro using trashbin-drums. Mika has greeted the audience in Hungarian numerous times, morever greeted 30 Seconds to Mars too, as they were the band playing after them. All in all, Mika's show was without the shadow of doubt one of the most entertaining gigs of this year's Sziget.

This is really nice.:wub2:

I shouldn´t read this

I am totally angry about Hungarian people... Oh my, MIKA is so great.. I really undestand now why he cancelled show in Prague and why he will NEVER come to Slovakia. Peope in the middle of Europe, they just don´t deserve MIKA to come, because they listen just those commercial sh*ts, they can´t welcome someone as amazing as Mika is... People here just don´t know what real quality is and it´s so sad! there is few people who are not so stupid about music.. But I dunno, I really think that 70% people here are just stupid. So sad. Mika should stay there in London and Paris, because our mentality is so sick .

Well I myself was trully surprised how many people at Exit came just to see Mika at midnight of the opening day. Imma wrote about her impression on her blog and they were all amazed. Me too.:wink2:

You know, I don't think it's that much about the people themselves. A lot of everything you think is influenced by the Media. It really would help if Mika was played in the radio. In Eastern European countries as well as in other parts of the world. I don't know if 30 Seconds to Mars are played a lot in Hungarian radios but I could imagine they are. I don't know any of their songs but I could imagine that they just more "fit" into the kind of music that is sold in Hungary. An if the record companies decide to push them they will get a lot of time on the radio and a lot of chances to be seen in newspapers and in the tv. And if they are seen more often there will be more people who could like them and turn into fans and so on. So it really depends on the whole system behind the music industry. I'm definately no expert in that and maybe I think WAY to easy but that's how I explain those things to myself

Agree. But it's best thing is when you realise that a lot of people (both male and female) love Mika in your country regardless to unproper advertising and a bunch of critical voices about his participation there (mainly before they saw him live).

You remember how it was going on during his German tour as well. Nothing much better IMO.:wink2:

:blink:

:aah:No no no!

@DuMika , I think you misunderstood the review:wink2:

IT IS AN ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE REVIEW FROM SOMEONE WHO DID NOT EXPECT HIM TO HAVE SUCH A STRONG SHOW. Calling himself bisexual is not an offence:wink2: He called Mika a smart performer, liked him, understood evrything what was happening on stage and commented that even the macho guys in the audience warmed to him eventually. :roftl:

PS, your link doesn't work, but I found it:

http://index.hu/kultur/zene/fesztival/2010/08/14/homoerotikaban_feloldodott_macsosag/

I might translate it into English later, after my holidays:wink2:

@keti Mika was merely a support act here, hence the short show. It was meant to be like that. HE was given just over an hour, no more. Had he been headlining the day (which is a bit unrealistic to say since he is not known in Hungary - although I had never heard of Papa Roach and 30Secs to Mars, either), he would have had a longer show with a more supportitive audience.

As for the adience, it was actually very similar to the Exit adience in terms of the macho punk metal fans turning up to crowd surf over young girls and being out of their brains. I think the organisers of both Exit and at Sziget should be ashamed of themselves, really. You have to understand the difference between the audiences of punk and pop acts. MIka would have been so great before Muse, for example, who headline Sunday. However, he might not have had a choice in the first place, due to his tight schedule. Maybe waiting to get the right slot to perform at was part of the reason why this festival appearance was confirmd so late.

Exit and Sziget are conceptualy 2 similar festivals. But the main difference is that fortunately Mika performed at Exit AFTER punk and metal bands and a lot of people came there specially to see him. They were screaming his name very loudly and you were there to feel the good vibes between him and the audience. BG and LG parade was also very impressive, so I think this time his shows at Exit and Sziget are pretty incomparable, especially cos he was announced as the main act of the first day even though many people actually were surprised.:sneaky2:

Of course it's a big difference between pop and rock festivals: taking this into account Mka acomplished a great success at the typical rock festival like Exit. And I'm really proud of it.:blush-anim-cl:

He performed some of his songs with more rock spin and that was lovely:thumb_yello:

Edited by Shine

Exit and Sziget are conceptualy 2 similar festivals. But the main difference is that fortunately Mika performed at Exit AFTER punk and meral bands and a lot of people came there specially to see him.

I think the difference is that Sziget is the biggest festival in Central Eastern Europe, with around 50 000 people attending each of the 5+2 days, and Mika's name was simply not big enough to headline any of the days. The festival in Novi Sad was much smaller. Had Mika been able to fill an arena in Serbia, Hungary or Czechia, he would have done his own gig. He tried, obviously, but he failed to sell tickets for Prague. So he needs to get his name known at big events or with his third album in Eastern Europe.

I am totally angry about Hungarian people...

:blink:This is pretty much a simplified view of it since half of the audience was not even Hungarian -most of them from France, but like Statue of Liberty said, it was not a cultural thing but musical preference. He is not known over here and his music is not the type an average Sziget festival goer likes to groove to.

Edited by suzie

VIDS of YouTube

user: spamdog1 http://www.youtube.com/user/spamdog1

Relax

Big girl

SITM

User : doggy93sens http://www.youtube.com/user/doggy93sens

Relax

The last video is mine :teehee:.

It was pretty cool, I really enjoyed the show. I only went that day to this concert, and he was much better than 30 Senconds to Mars.

I was a bit sad, because I went to the festival with my friend who doesn't like Mika that much so I had to stay with her far from the stage.

The crowd was a bit annoying, some of them made jokes from him. But I enjoyed the show very much. :biggrin2: He spoke a lot of in hungarian, and that was really nice from him. ( I were at 5 other concerts at the Sziget and none of them spoke in hungarian that much )

I'll never forget it. :blush-anim-cl:

Agreed. I think it's a general decision with festivals. As an artist you take the risk to be ignored or to have an audience that isn't interested. But in the end every concert he gives is an advertisement for him as well. And those festivals are more an advertisement than a concert of his is because there are people that wouldn't come to his gigs. Especially in Sziget were (from my impression) just a few people coming for Mika. All the others saw him live and I guess most of them didn't know him in advance. Now they know him and that's what advertisement is suppossed to do with the "product". If some of them hear the name "Mika" again and think "yep, I've seen him at Sziget" or even "yep, I liked his performance at Sziget" it's a sucess and as his performance was really good, I'm sure some will think that. :thumb_yello:

Yeah, I think you got the point here. :thumb_yello:

All I can say for you,and for everyone who want to go to a festival,is that don't do anything like that.

It's just spare time and money.It's disgusting,that others can't appraise other people's work.:no:

I don't agree with you here. Just because Mika didn't make as much success as expected at Sziget and because the majority of the crowd was totally indifferent about it - doesn't mean it's the same situation with EVERY other festival. As far as I know, most gigs of Mika's Summer tour 2010 were festivals and he got an excellent feedback almost everywhere.

I really can't tell why it was like this at Sziget. Maybe it was simply bad timing, bad organization. Mika did a great job - as usual - and it's only the organizers that should be blamed in this case because they scheduled his show at the worst possible moment - before 30Sec2Mars performance, who are much, much more famous than Mika.

:dunno:

Does that mean that Papa Roach was a support act too then?

As for the Exit and Sziget organizers... yes, it's up to them to decide which act is due to when. But it's mostly about the crowd really. At Exit, before Mika's gig there were 'macho punk metal fans', as you say, in the crowd, or during reggae/alternative band Bad Brains, but they moved away when Mika came out. That's what I saw from stage, anyway :naughty: At least first 10 rows were filled with mostly young people, both girls and boys, who were cheering Mika's name throughout the whole performance. I saw no punks.

But I know how irritating and revulting they can be. I experienced it myself before I went backstage, if you remember. And I feared that they might've stayed during Mika's gig as well and spoil it, maybe even boo at Mika, but it didn't happen. Luckily enough!

What can Bad Brains or LCD SoundSystem fans say? MFCers were in the first row during their acts as well. They did try to push us and to come to the 1st row, of course they did. But just as MFCers didn't let them be in the 1st row, 30Secs2Mars fans did the same with MFCers. Which may seem unfair to us, but oh well, we're not going to die not being in the 1st row. :naughty:

Exit and Sziget are conceptualy 2 similar festivals. But the main difference is that fortunately Mika performed at Exit AFTER punk and metal bands and a lot of people came there specially to see him. They were screaming his name very loudly and you were there to feel the good vibes between him and the audience. BG and LG parade was also very impressive, so I think this time his shows at Exit and Sziget are pretty incomparable, especially cos he was announced as the main act of the first day even though many people actually were surprised.

Of course it's a big difference between pop and rock festivals: taking this into account Mka acomplished a great success at the typical rock festival like Exit. And I'm really proud of it.

He performed some of his songs with more rock spin and that was lovely

I really agree with this. Also, having in mind that Exit goers are mostly rockers, Mika adjusted his song arrangements and vocal performance to the rock vibe, so even those who don't like pop as much as rock could enjoy it at least for a little bit and have fun.

I think the difference is that Sziget is the biggest festival in Central Eastern Europe, with around 50 000 people attending each of the 5+2 days, and Mika's name was simply not big enough to headline any of the days. The festival in Novi Sad was much smaller. Had Mika been able to fill an arena in Serbia, Hungary or Czechia, he would have done his own gig. He tried, obviously, but he failed to sell tickets for Prague. So he needs to get his name known at big events or with his third album in Eastern Europe.

I don't think this is really about which festival is bigger and more popular. Sziget is taking place at the bigger space and it has more stages, and lasts longer. Exit is taking place at the Fortress, which is automatically smaller, it has less stages, and lasts for only 4 days - even though it used to last for a week, just like Sziget.

That way, having Sziget as much bigger festival than Exit, as you suggested, wouldn't have it been more logical that there'd have been more people interested in Mika's gig? Not only Hungarian people, but people from abroad too.

I do think that one of the reasons might be that he wasn't promoted in Hungary at all - his very performance, anyway, was taken in question since it was confirmed rather late. Neither we nor Mika and his team can do anything about it :dunno:

At Exit Mika was announced as Main Act of July the 8th, but many were sceptical about his performance and thought he wasn't suitable for Exit - type of music he plays, that is. We also thought that Mika didn't have many fans over here and that he can't compare to one of the world's most famous bands, such as Placebo, for example. So, Exit organizers risked pretty much about the whole thing - but they didn't fail. Mika did one of the most interesting shows and had a great success.

You said that if Mika was better known in Eastern European countries, for example Serbia, that he would've filled up an arena and do his own show. You must bear in mind that Belgrade Arena didn't try to arrange any gig of his before Exit. I think that organizers wanted to see how he would do at Exit, his first gig in Serbia. If he had had no success or feedback, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't call him back ever again. This way, he did fantastic and I'm pretty sure he'll come to Serbia again, after 3rd album's released. I talked to John after the gig in Novi Sad about the possible gig in Belgrade Arena, and he said they'd think about it very thoroughly,having seen the fanbase Mika's got in Serbia, and maybe even arrange something in a year or two, when Mika starts touring again.

Like I said, I'm very glad he visited Hungary after all, and I'm sure many are yet to discover his music after that gig.:wink2:

Edited by keti

As for festivals with dodgy support or headlining acts in general, I have been to two of these so far and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone under 16 (except for the really tough ones, of course). At both of these festivals I feared for the safety of young girls during the crowd surfing and various other activities of punk / metal fans.

At Exit, before Mika's gig there were 'macho punk metal fans', as you say, in the crowd, or during reggae/alternative band Bad Brains, but they moved away when Mika came out. ... I feared that they might've stayed during Mika's gig as well and spoil it, maybe even boo at Mika, but it didn't happen.

Well, Mika did get the obscene remarks from those thugs during m&g in Novi Sad. If I heard it and he must have heard it too and I doubt that put a smile on his face.

But in all honesty, Keti, why do you keep talking about your own festival and speculate about our one with little knowledge and absolutely no first hand experience of what happened here and what the show was like? Can we just keep the thread about Sziget and let people who actually attended this show share their experience?

On the Hugarian thread all fans said they loved the gig. Imma posted she liked the crowd cheering, Mika loved Budapest. So, everyone is happy. I am happy, too, and just because I spent some time ranting about various elements of the crowd, it does not mean that I had a bad time. I really enjoyed myself Saskia and I went mental - never cheered and jumped that much at any gig..- well, Bristol might be an exception as it started even before the gig:teehee:

We Hungarians are often pessimistic and love talking about the negative aspects of things - I don't do it on other gig threads and hope everyone forgives me for having done it on this one. It feels like home here :naughty:

Lovely pictures!:wub2:I really wish I could've been there but I'm so busy lately that I don't even have time to check MFC regularly.:boxed:

Was there anything wrong? I couldn't read through the thread, and I'm leaving tomorrow, so I guess I'll try to catch up when I get back.

As for festivals with dodgy support or headlining acts in general, I have been to two of these so far and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone under 16 (except for the really tough ones, of course). At both of these festivals I feared for the safety of young girls during the crowd surfing and various other activities of punk / metal fans.

Well, Mika did get the obscene remarks from those thugs during m&g in Novi Sad. If I heard it and he must have heard it too and I doubt that put a smile on his face.

But in all honesty, Keti, why do you keep talking about your own festival and speculate about our one with little knowledge and absolutely no first hand experience of what happened here and what the show was like? Can we just keep the thread about Sziget and let people who actually attended this show share their experience?

On the Hugarian thread all fans said they loved the gig. Imma posted she liked the crowd cheering, Mika loved Budapest. So, everyone is happy. I am happy, too, and just because I spent some time ranting about various elements of the crowd, it does not mean that I had a bad time. I really enjoyed myself Saskia and I went mental - never cheered and jumped that much at any gig..- well, Bristol might be an exception as it started even before the gig:teehee:

We Hungarians are often pessimistic and love talking about the negative aspects of things - I don't do it on other gig threads and hope everyone forgives me for having done it on this one. It feels like home here :naughty:

Aaah, Bristol :wub2:

And yes, I get what you say. It's like, you can have a rant about your mum, but if someone else tries to, you will jump to defend her with your teeth out :naughty:

Lovely pictures!I really wish I could've been there but I'm so busy lately that I don't even have time to check MFC regularly.

Was there anything wrong? I couldn't read through the thread, and I'm leaving tomorrow, so I guess I'll try to catch up when I get back.

hi Ana :huglove:

I think this below sums up all "wrongs":naughty:

We Hungarians are often pessimistic and love talking about the negative aspects of things - I don't do it on other gig threads and hope everyone forgives me for having done it on this one. It feels like home here

in short - after Mika was 30 seconds to mars, so a lot of people waited for them and didn't care too much about Mika's performance, but Mika of course was great, fans absolutely enjoyed it, (Jana and Tamara were there too and loved it:wub2:) and that's, in my opinion, what matters the most:thumb_yello: He can't be loved by everyone, nothing's wrong with that. (Maybe it's even healthy, you know..for his ego:roftl::wink2:) It's wonderful that Hungarian audience had a chance to see him, especially long term fans for whom it was the first time. :biggrin2: I know the feeling and it's sort of a magical and surreal :teehee::blush-anim-cl: And I am veeeeery sorry I couldn't be there too. :sad:

Where are you going tomorrow? Oooo, Ana, you totally neglected us.:sneaky2::mf_rosetinted:

I couldn't read through the thread, and I'm leaving tomorrow, so I guess I'll try to catch up when I get back.

Just check the first page where there is a link to all the reports of people who attended the gig and decided to post a review. It won't take you long.:wink2:

Nice to see you here, ex gig partner :biggrin2:

and the other one:

Aaah, Bristol :wub2:

yes, that gig had the most memorable pre- and after gig part:wub2: (not referring to m&g:teehee:)

Yes, it does matter who you party with at a gig.

My worst ever Mika gig was actually Brixton 2008 as I was there on my own :sad: with no-one to jump around with :no:just 2 drunk French guys spilling beer on me - one of whom later on had to be taken out by security during Any Other World :sneaky2:. Luckily I moved on quickly as it had nothing to do with either Mika or the audience in general. And here I am now - an official addict :teehee:

Edited by suzie

And yes, I get what you say. It's like, you can have a rant about your mum, but if someone else tries to, you will jump to defend her with your teeth out :naughty:

oh I agree, and it's only you who have the right to do that, it' basic decency not to rant about someone's else mother:mf_rosetinted:

hope I made myself clear:naughty::wink2:

just 2 drunk French guys spilling beer on me - one of whom later on had to be taken out by security.

suzie it seems to me you're magnet for beer:naughty: :wink2:

Edited by Vedrana

yes, that gig had the most memorable pre- and after gig part:wub2: (not referring to m&g:teehee:)

Yes, it totally did! We had a lot of fun :wub2:.

Oh, and mentioning the m&g :roftl: most of it, I spent mumbling under my breath at the idiots who kept pestering Mika by coming back to the queue after they had already seen him, telling them off, and chewing John's ear off about it, hahaha. Poor man.

I was angry. I kept saying: "You'd think that it's just basic social skills to not do this" and he just nodded his head and said "you'd think..." :lmfao:

Yes, it does matter who you party with at a gig.

My worst ever Mika gig was actually Brixton 2008 as I was there on my own :sad: with no-one to jump around with :no:

Oh, it TOTALLY does.

I pick my gigs based on who is going, and which friends can go where. It's the only way that I can do it. It's ALL about the people who I'm with, for me.

oh I agree, and it's only you who have the right to do that, it' basic decency not to rant about someone's else mother:mf_rosetinted:

hope I made myself clear:naughty::wink2:

Totally:naughty:. I will steer clear from critisizing your mother :lmfao:

hi Ana :huglove:

I think this below sums up all "wrongs"

in short - after Mika was 30 seconds to mars, so a lot of people waited for them and didn't care too much about Mika's performance, but Mika of course was great, fans absolutely enjoyed it, (Jana and Tamara were there too and loved it:wub2:) and that's, in my opinion, what matters the most:thumb_yello: He can't be loved by everyone, nothing's wrong with that. (Maybe it's even healthy, you know..for his ego:roftl::wink2:) It's wonderful that Hungarian audience had a chance to see him, especially long term fans for whom it was the first time. :biggrin2: I know the feeling and it's sort of a magical and surreal :teehee: And I am veeeeery sorry I couldn't be there too.

Where are you going tomorrow? Oooo, Ana, you totally neglected us.

Vedrana!:huglove:

Thank you! I agree with you, not everyone can love and adore Mika as much as we do. Although it is hard to believe that his brilliant performance can leave you coldblooded.

And I know I'm kinda neglecting this place but I'm really busy + my computer is a bit off-something's wrong with graphic card, and it burns my eyes if I use it too long. I have to fix it.

Just check the first page where there is a link to all the reports of people who attended the gig and decided to post a review. It won't take you long.:wink2:

Nice to see you here, ex gig partner :biggrin2:

Thanks. I was so dead tired yesterday that I completely forgot to check the first page.:doh:

Glad you had lots of fun at the gig, and hope to see you again at another gig.:biggrin2:

Yeah, I think you got the point here. :thumb_yello:

I don't agree with you here. Just because Mika didn't make as much success as expected at Sziget and because the majority of the crowd was totally indifferent about it - doesn't mean it's the same situation with EVERY other festival. As far as I know, most gigs of Mika's Summer tour 2010 were festivals and he got an excellent feedback almost everywhere.

I really can't tell why it was like this at Sziget. Maybe it was simply bad timing, bad organization. Mika did a great job - as usual - and it's only the organizers that should be blamed in this case because they scheduled his show at the worst possible moment - before 30Sec2Mars performance, who are much, much more famous than Mika.

:dunno:

I mean,of course.He loved the Bubbles in Tallin and the golden hearts in Sudoeste festival,but trying to spell WE ARE GOLDEN from 11 letters and with 30,000 people is not that easy.I mean in the first 5 rows there were MFCers and 30sec2mars fans.

They wanted to do it in the first row with the red haired ones.They couldn't do it and lot of spare work and money,you know.:sneaky2:

I was really angry,even if the letters were not mine.:boxed:

I agree on the festival thing.. it really can get dangerous sometimes.

Yes he did, and I'm sure it didn't put a smile on his face. It wouldn't put a smile on anyone's face, I think :shocked:

But I don't think that not letting that guy with the banner on stage put a smile on his face either! Or the crowd not being able to sing the chorus of the song with him. Or writing in the press about his sexual preference.

Anyway.. this is not what I'm trying to say. I don't want to say that Sziget was worse than Exit, and vice versa.

I'm not talking about Exit only, I'm simply comparing the two. You wrote about Exit too in some of your posts here. And I'm talking about what I have heard of people who attended the gig. But I don't think you understood me well... I'm not saying the gig went BAD. Far from that, actually! I'm just critisizing the crowd and organizers, not Mika or you or anyone else on here. I'm sure you guys had a great time, and I didn't say in any of my posts that you might've had a bad time during the gig. I just think that the crowd wasn't in the mood for Mika and his music, and I'm very sorry for that because I know that the crowd feedback is one of the most important complements of the gig! and I'm reffering to 30 Seconds To Mars fans here. You yourself, if I'm not mistaken, wrote on twitter that the gig was great, Mika did his best (undoubtedly), but that he deserves much better crowd. Everybody said so in their reports, and I can't see why would you be offended or feel jepardized by what I write. :wink2:

Anyway, I'll stop here :roftl: Like I said, I'm very glad he was there and if he's satisfied with the gig, I wanted to come to the gig myself (since it'd probably have been my last time to see him in a few years to follow because he won't be touring anymore) but everything was just last minute and we didnt have enough time to organize the tickets, the place we'd stay at and so on... :sad:

I mean,of course.He loved the Bubbles in Tallin and the golden hearts in Sudoeste festival,but trying to spell WE ARE GOLDEN from 11 letters and with 30,000 people is not that easy.I mean in the first 5 rows there were MFCers and 30sec2mars fans.

They wanted to do it in the first row with the red haired ones.They couldn't do it and lot of spare work and money,you know.:sneaky2:

I was really angry,even if the letters were not mine.:boxed:

I know exactly what you mean, dear... :huglove: I'm really very sorry it didn't fulfill your expectations.. but there will be other times, other gigs, when I'm sure you'll have a TRULY wonderful time crowd wise and be a Lollipop girl too :biggrin2:

http://www.aktuality.sk/clanok/170466/sziget-2010-treti-den-v-slnecniciach-aj-na-marse/

On Slovakia web site was a small article about Sziget and they wrote also some words about Mika s show.

They said: (sorry for mistakes, this is my translation :blink: )

English singer Mika started his show with his first big hit Relax, Take It Easy. The stage was full of sunflowers. And exactly this was hilarious on his concert. During the show he had great help from his amazing vocalist. Interesting costumes of Mika and his band seem to have been from some fairy tale. Mika created a fairy-tale atmosphere in front of main podium in Sziget too. Crowd was moving to the rhythm of his songs and sang. Song Happy Ending was perfect ending of this beautiful more than hour long show.

Edited by shirl