REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS: Mika @ Sziget Festival, Hungary - August 13 2010

Droopsy

maybe he wanted to fit the rock atmosphere:mf_rosetinted:

nah,i'm just kidding.

Thank you for the pics :wub2: i can't wait for the reports now.:biggrin2:

He acomplished the rock atmospehere at Exit too, but in white pants.:mf_rosetinted:

Anyway, he obviously deceided to change his oufit here. I loved it.:biggrin2:

This is a short report, as I am leaving for holiday early in the morning but I definitely would like to be among the first ones to report from my home gig :wub2: (In fact, I am not sure if there will be many reports as most Hungarians just write to the Hungarian thread and it is not a lot of us).

As some of you might have been reading my tweets, we had a pretty tough time with fans of some of the support acts. I don’t think it is worth talking about them, but the ones standing like statures and looking bored really made me angry. I did understand them insisting on their spots, even if they knew we’d leave after Mika, but I did not get why they were standing like statues and looking bored during Mika’s performance. It might have been mainly my impresstion, but much of the audience did not really know how to enjoy themselves – as I expected, actually. Luckily, it did not effect me in particular as I had a great time singing, jumping and cheering with some MFCers around but I am sure Mika would have loved some more enthusiasm. I mean, there was some interaction but not like at his own gigs, so I missed that.

Still, it was a good gig despite all odds and I am really pleased with the fact that now anyone in Hungary who has the least bit of interest in him now had the chance to go and see him live and understand what he is all about. I talked to some people and it seems that Hungarian MFCers all liked the gig, although some of their ideas to ’impress’ him failed as they arrived relatively late. (you can’t start planning anything at 5pm in an audience most of whom came to see another band.)

Otherwise the gig was short: no time for LG / BG parade, and he did not sing KA or DrJohn, either. If I had to do it all again, I wouldn’t do anything differently. It was a different experience, but I am really pleased I fought to stay 2nd row. It was worth it:blush-anim-cl:

Regardless of the pretty still audience I'm sure it's been great to watch his performance in your home town. It was just the unfortunate circumstance that he performed between these two acts who were obviously highly appreciated, especially 30 seconds to Mars. But I'm sure you all had lovely time there.:thumb_yello:

T4 your report and have a nice holliday!:wink2:

To be honest,I don't know why do people enjoy festivals.Festivals sucks.

I don't mean the crowd,cause I don't think it was that bad.People around me seemed that they enjoy themselves.They didn't know the lyrics,but next to me there were to HUngarian fans,and I was singing with them.Everyone was looking at us,when we started screaming and singing.And for a second he WAS SHIRTLESS.He changed his t-shirt on stage.He spoke Hungarian,he was really sweet.He said: 'Bemutatom a zenekarom'-I'm going to introduce my band.

'Köszönöm'-Thank you! and he said 'Mika vagyok'-I'm Mika.

I still can't understand how can he does this.I mean he was jumping for 75minutes and singing and he does this almost every day.:blink:

The most annoying thing was that in the front lines there were only 30 seconds to Mars fans.They were just standing here and staring.

It wasn't that bad.But it wasn't his best gig.I hope he'll come back soon and do an own gig.As you see,iMMa sad,that she wants to come back.

Oooh,and the pics!I'm gonna upload them.:thumb_yello:

It was great.He was in our hometown.

To be honest,I don't know why do people enjoy festivals.Festivals sucks.

I don't mean the crowd,cause I don't think it was that bad.People around me seemed that they enjoy themselves.They didn't know the lyrics,but next to me there were to HUngarian fans,and I was singing with them.Everyone was looking at us,when we started screaming and singing.And for a second he WAS SHIRTLESS.He changed his t-shirt on stage.He spoke Hungarian,he was really sweet.He said: 'Bemutatom a zenekarom'-I'm going to introduce my band.

'Köszönöm'-Thank you! and he said 'Mika vagyok'-I'm Mika.

I still can't understand how can he does this.I mean he was jumping for 75minutes and singing and he does this almost every day.:blink:The most annoying thing was that in the front lines there were only 30 seconds to Mars fans.They were just standing here and staring.

It wasn't that bad.But it wasn't his best gig.I hope he'll come back soon and do an own gig.As you see,iMMa sad,that she wants to come back.

Oooh,and the pics!I'm gonna upload them.:thumb_yello:

It was great.He was in our hometown.

about this, he once told in a interview that he is likely to learn foreign language with easy cuz he does and makes music ... has keen sense about sounds I guess.... :naughty:

but I doubt he hears some directions about that from his earphone...especially when hearing things like 'Oh I forgot this part of lyrics' in Korean :mf_rosetinted:'

part about budapest from imma's new blog, which she just posted:

After deliriously packing and un-packing my bag I went to sleep at 3, to be woken up at 8 to leave to the airport to go to Budapest!! A place I have never been to or know much about - we got here about 4pm and after an hour we left to the venue - the drive there was great we got to see some beautiful buildings, the architecture here is so interesting, I would love to come back and have more of a wander.. The line-up was bizarre, we were wedged between Papa Roach and 30 Seconds to Mars, both bands which I like and own albums of but it was interesting to see the crowd reaction. WE rocked our socks off, people danced, clapped, waved - it was great fun and it felt great to be back on stage. After the show, I had a massage - SOOO good and then Maria and I went to watch 30 Seconds to Mars and rocked the side of stage!! When all the girls came on stage it was so funny to see their reaction to Jared Leto - I have to admit he really is very pretty, if a bit too much if you catch my drift? I had a chat with Shannon, the drummer who seemed very nice and normal.So here I am back at my room watching Budapest go by with it's crazy flash storms!!

so, looks like at least some in the crowd danced, clapped and waved, so maybe it wasn't that bad. :wink2:

Hehe, Jared Leto is gorgeous, but not so much with his new blonde hairdo imo :teehee:

Thanks for the reports, pics etc so far:thumb_yello:

This is a short report, as I am leaving for holiday early in the morning but I definitely would like to be among the first ones to report from my home gig :wub2: (In fact, I am not sure if there will be many reports as most Hungarians just write to the Hungarian thread and it is not a lot of us).

As some of you might have been reading my tweets, we had a pretty tough time with fans of some of the support acts. I don’t think it is worth talking about them, but the ones standing like statures and looking bored really made me angry. I did understand them insisting on their spots, even if they knew we’d leave after Mika, but I did not get why they were standing like statues and looking bored during Mika’s performance. It might have been mainly my impresstion, but much of the audience did not really know how to enjoy themselves – as I expected, actually. Luckily, it did not effect me in particular as I had a great time singing, jumping and cheering with some MFCers around but I am sure Mika would have loved some more enthusiasm. I mean, there was some interaction but not like at his own gigs, so I missed that.

Still, it was a good gig despite all odds and I am really pleased with the fact that now anyone in Hungary who has the least bit of interest in him now had the chance to go and see him live and understand what he is all about. I talked to some people and it seems that Hungarian MFCers all liked the gig, although some of their ideas to ’impress’ him failed as they arrived relatively late. (you can’t start planning anything at 5pm in an audience most of whom came to see another band.)

Otherwise the gig was short: no time for LG / BG parade, and he did not sing KA or DrJohn, either. If I had to do it all again, I wouldn’t do anything differently. It was a different experience, but I am really pleased I fought to stay 2nd row. It was worth it:blush-anim-cl:

thanks, suzie! well yeah a festival is different comparing to his own shows, but at least he FINALLY visited our little country! :biggrin2:

enjoy your holiday!

Hello :)

This was my first Mika show - and for me it was just amazing. :mf_lustslow: He was great, always smiling, dancing, jumping. I have no words how to describe my feelings :blush-anim-cl:

But what I am not able to understand - some people were just staying, no moving, dancing, shouting, nothing. ****, why they stayed in the first row?! I was in the third and there were people living :thumb_yello:

First of all, it was my first Mika gig, I was waiting for this till the summer of 2007, when he cancelled his performance at the same festival (Sziget).

I sooo LOVED it! :mf_rosetinted::wub2:

Mika, if you read this, THANK YOU FOR COMING TO HUNGARY!!!

(Ok, he obviously doesn't read this, and sorry for shouting, but I enjoyed it so much!)

But just a short reply to the stuff about people "standing like statues" and "not really know how to enjoy themselves".

Well, I was somewhere about the 10th row, so I guess you weren't talk about me, yet I feel I have to say a few words about the other side.

At the concert I had a quite good place, where I could hear and see everything pretty well, but I met some really annoying and agressive girls :blink::sneaky2: (sorry, maybe it's not the best expression, but I try to explain how it felt). One of them - a complete stranger - just held my shoulder, and literally pushed me away from my spot whitout saying a word. :shocked:

I think it was very rough, no Mika fans should behave like this.

I am a huge Mika fan as well, maybe one of his biggest Hungarian fans, I'm just introvert a bit, and I was enjoying myself smiling and applauding at the 10th row, and not screaming and jumping in the first one, but it doesn't mean that I don't know how to enjoy myself.

Don't misunderstand me please, no offense here, I just wanted to show this perspective too.

This was my first Mika show - and for me it was just amazing. :mf_lustslow: He was great, always smiling, dancing, jumping. I have no words how to describe my feelings :blush-anim-cl:

But what I am not able to understand - some people were just staying, no moving, dancing, shouting, nothing. ****, why they stayed in the first row?! I was in the third and there were people living :thumb_yello:

I'm happy that you enjoyed the show! :biggrin2: It really was amazing! it also pissed me off that fans of other performers were standing in first row and did nothing...why could they not step back a little until Mika was on....well that is one of the disadvantages of a festival...but it's still worth it!:mf_lustslow:

so, looks like at least some in the crowd danced, clapped and waved, so maybe it wasn't that bad. :wink2:

Of course it wasn't a bad gig - I think most of us were talking about the strange attitudes and behaviour of some of the crowd.:wink2:

On another note, I don't personally think that m&gs and shirtless bits are an essential part of a a good Mika gig but just for the record, he did change his shirt on stage that might have pleased the ones interested in that and there might have been a m&g, too :dunno: After his show we were wondering about, trying to find something to eat and drink and for most of the time we were standing at a place where he was unlikely to come out, anyway. In fact, he might have already left earlier as 2 Hungarian fans were told he had already signed autographs somewhere. Also, he might have met some of the people who stayed there as we left the festival quite early, at around 10.30. So, my point is that just because 5 MFCers have no knowledge of a m&g, there could have easily been one :dunno: there were quite a number of people waiting for him at different locations and I really hope some of them did meet him as they never had the chance before.

I am glad you had a great time at your first gig :thumb_yello:

What were they planning??

Well' date=' the usual stuff, like balloons..etc. We did give them to the 30Secs to Mars fans but as predicted, they just put it in their bags and acted dumb..:cool: there was no point in insisting on it, really. :sad:

Btw Thank you so much for the report! Mika can make it through ANYTHING, regardless of the crowd, I am POSITIVE more than a hand full of people who did not know about him left wanting to go home and research his music!!

I am absolutely sure about that. :wub2:

Hopefully you will get a proper gig in Hungary next time, rather than a festival appearance

Following on this thought, I did wonder if it would have been a better idea if he gave a concert in a small place, like that nightclub in Helsinki. The excitement there could be sensed so clearly. and I loved the audience - mainly really sweet and excited young people.

However, if I want to be realistic about it, him singing to 20-30 thousand people (or more, the number can get to 50 000 per day actually and many from abroad) at the biggest festival in Central Europe was a huge opportunity for him.

In Hungary, radio stations do not even play his music and he is not played on tv, either. The very few people who might have come across his name (and not even his music) might think he is just another manufactured, clean-cut pop star. I don’t think that anyone with just a small sense of music and melody went home that night with that thought. So, all in all, it was a great intro and of course I look forward to him perform in my country again at his own gig or headlining a day at Sziget - but only after his third album with a hope that it will now get more expose because he has been here.

Thank you all for your nice holiday wishes. I managed to grab hold of a computer for 2 hours :teehee: but not sure when I will be back .

Edited by suzie

Of course it wasn't a bad gig - I think most of us were talking about the strange attitudes and behaviour of some of the crowd.:wink2:

On another note, I don't personally think that m&gs and shirtless bits are an essential part of a a good Mika gig but just for the record, he did change his shirt on stage that might have pleased the ones interested in that and there might have been a m&g, too :dunno: After his show we were wondering about, trying to find something to eat and drink and for most of the time we were standing at a place where he was unlikely to come out, anyway. In fact, he might have already left earlier as 2 Hungarian fans were told he had already signed autographs somewhere. Also, he might have met some of the people who stayed there as we left the festival quite early, at around 10.30. So, my point is that just because 5 MFCers have no knowledge of a m&g, there could have easily been one :dunno: there were quite a number of people waiting for him at different locations and I really hope some of them did meet him as they never had the chance before.

I am glad you had a great time at your first gig :thumb_yello:

Well, the usual stuff, like balloons..etc. We did give them to the 30Secs to Mars fans but as predicted, they just put it in their bags and acted dumb..:cool: there was no point in insisting on it, really. :sad:

I am absolutely sure about that. :wub2:

Following on this thought, I did wonder if it would have been a better idea if he gave a concert in a small place, like that nightclub in Helsinki. The excitement there could be sensed so clearly. and I loved the audience - mainly really sweet and excited young people.

However, if I want to be realistic about it, him singing to 20-30 thousand people (or more, the number can get to 50 000 per day actually and many from abroad) at the biggest festival in Central Europe was a huge opportunity for him.

In Hungary, radio stations do not even play his music and he is not played on tv, either. The very few people who might have come across his name (and not even his music) might think he is just another manufactured, clean-cut pop star. I don’t think that anyone with just a small sense of music and melody went home that night with that thought. So, all in all, it was a great intro and of course I look forward to him perform in my country again at his own gig or headlining a day at Sziget - but only after his third album with a hope that it will now get more expose because he has been here.

Thank you all for your nice holiday wishes. I managed to grab hold of a computer for 2 hours :teehee: but not sure when I will be back .

I have to agree, Suzie. Meeting Mika after the gig is a great little bonus, but it cannot in any way affect (or shouldn't) the overall impression of how the gig was otherwise. Same goes for him taking his shirt off. This is not a strip joint that we're going to for a show, ffs, it's a concert :lmfao:

here are some of my pics:

DSCF1176.jpg

Oh, I love your pink wristband :naughty:. Very cool pics :thumb_yello:.