Article about Mika's sister in Metro newspaper!

CrazyChloe15

Hello, I saw an article yesterday about Mika's sister.

I thought I would share it. :thumb_yello:

Mika: Thank you for saving my big sister

Pop singer Mika has said he will be 'eternally grateful' to the medics who saved his sister's life. The We Are Golden singer has spoken out in praise of the helicopter team and medical staff at the Royal London Hospital, who treated his 28-year-old sister, Paloma Penniman, after she was impaled on railings after falling out of her apartment window on October 10.

He wrote on his official website 'My whole family would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and kindness. Paloma is in a stable condition at the Royal London Hospital. She has undergone extensive surgery to her legs and abdomen. We feel extremely lucky and we are eternally grateful to the helicopter response unit and the doctors and nurses for saving her life'

It is thought Paloma was sitting on a window ledge three floors up in her home in Kensington, West London, when she fell on the railings below. Mika, 27, had been out for dinner with her earlier in the evening and was at the apartment when the incident happened.

http://www.metro.co.uk/music/844522-mika-thank-you-for-saving-my-big-sister

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i actually saw the same article in MANY online newspapers.

Well yes, but I think it's a real step forward that it's in a print paper- espeicially in the UK which is almost anti-Mika. Online papers presumably don't have to be as selective as the ones that have to pay print costs

Well yes, but I think it's a real step forward that it's in a print paper- espeicially in the UK which is almost anti-Mika. Online papers presumably don't have to be as selective as the ones that have to pay print costs

1 (that i heard of anyway) of our Montreal newspaper picked up the news of the accident. it will be interesting to see if they follow up on her progress as well.

btw, it was in a free newspaper that is given at all metro (subway) stations around the city. quite popular too.

yup, it's also on the german news... and a real article, not just a short mention: http://www.bild.de/BILD/unterhaltung/leute/2010/10/19/popstar-mika/dankt-rettern-seiner-schwester-paloma-nach-fenster-sturz.html (btw, where's that pic from, can't remember that i've seen it before? :blink:). the headline says "popstar mika thanks the rescuers of his sister". whether they care or not, but the fact that they don't just write about the tragedy, but just as much about the positive news, is a good thing imo, and i didn't expect it. :thumb_yello: (btw, that's the no.1 tabloid in germany :wink2:)

yup, it's also on the german news... and a real article, not just a short mention: http://www.bild.de/BILD/unterhaltung/leute/2010/10/19/popstar-mika/dankt-rettern-seiner-schwester-paloma-nach-fenster-sturz.html (btw, where's that pic from, can't remember that i've seen it before? :blink:). the headline says "popstar mika thanks the rescuers of his sister". whether they care or not, but the fact that they don't just write about the tragedy, but just as much about the positive news, is a good thing imo, and i didn't expect it. :thumb_yello: (btw, that's the no.1 tabloid in germany :wink2:)

The pic is from his latest visit to Lebanon (the Baalbeck gig) :thumb_yello:

Hello, I saw an article yesterday about Mika's sister.

I thought I would share it. :thumb_yello:

Mika: Thank you for saving my big sister

Pop singer Mika has said he will be 'eternally grateful' to the medics who saved his sister's life. The We Are Golden singer has spoken out in praise of the helicopter team and medical staff at the Royal London Hospital, who treated his 28-year-old sister, Paloma Penniman, after she was impaled on railings after falling out of her apartment window on October 10.

He wrote on his official website 'My whole family would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and kindness. Paloma is in a stable condition at the Royal London Hospital. She has undergone extensive surgery to her legs and abdomen. We feel extremely lucky and we are eternally grateful to the helicopter response unit and the doctors and nurses for saving her life'

It is thought Paloma was sitting on a window ledge three floors up in her home in Kensington, West London, when she fell on the railings below. Mika, 27, had been out for dinner with her earlier in the evening and was at the apartment when the incident happened.

http://www.metro.co.uk/music/844522-mika-thank-you-for-saving-my-big-sister

T4P girls! Paloma looks lovely on the pic from Bild. :wub2:

I wonder that "Bild" mention that. Usually their only interested in bloody stories. A german band once gives that definition: BILD is Hate, Fear, Tits and wheather report.. I agree

yup, that's why i posted it. :wink2: very surprising that they write something positive. :rolls_eyes:

Archived