Festa das Lata in Coimbra, Portugal - Oct. 25, 2010 - REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS

guylainem123

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still can't understand how everything is THAT cheap :naughty: What else? I think people and animals in Portugal are mad! But not scary mad, just mad

CHEAP? oh hun :aah: my mother is always saying that everything in portugal is very expensive :biggrin2: u´re ebing ironic right? :teehee: but anyway i agree with u we´re kinda mad :teehee: but in a good way.. I Hope :teehee:

CHEAP? oh hun :aah: my mother is always saying that everything in portugal is very expensive :biggrin2: u´re ebing ironic right? :teehee: but anyway i agree with u we´re kinda mad :teehee: but in a good way.. I Hope :teehee:

No, no, no! I'm serious :thumb_yello: We all were surprised by the prices.

I remember my last day in Portugal. I was hugging Neims and suddenly an old man started tickling me!! And then he gave me a handshake. I was like :shocked:

No, no, no! I'm serious :thumb_yello: We all were surprised by the prices.

I remember my last day in Portugal. I was hugging Neims and suddenly an old man started tickling me!! And then he gave me a handshake. I was like :shocked:

really? :shocked:that was really strange :teehee::teehee: maybe it was just a lonely and nice old man :naughty:

anyway im glad u like our country :aah:

Hi everyone! :blush-anim-cl: I'm the girl who was dressed as a lollipop girl

I know I don't talk much in mfc (in fact it's been a while since I got into it), but I just wanted to write a message to all the mfcers who were in this show.

I'm so glad (almost) everyone liked our costumes. You guys were so nice and lovely! Thanks for all the pics and videos, you made us feel so special.

I'll never forget this gig. It felt so good being a part of the show. I had so much fun! Yasmine and Zuleika were so kind and let me dance in my own costume. I didn't have to wear a veil or a blond wig. Yasmine told me "it's your prize!" :mf_lustslow: That was my first time on stage and I was so excited!

And, finally, thanks to my Pretty Naked band (love that name!) specially my cuddly Neims, my extraordinary Lilly, my wonderful Dani, and my lovely LadyMeeks for making this even more special. I'll never forget you, guys! :crybaby: Thanks for a perfect trip and all the moments together.

The only thing I would complain about is that I know some people started talking bad things behind our backs (you could at least had been polite and pretend a little bit :wink2:) and saying things as we were "raising a fuss". I don't want to be rude. But what on earth were we suposed to do? It was a festival, not a funeral, for god's sake. We were just dancing, singing and having fun during the soundcheck. And I think we didn't bother people. Instead of that, they seemed to have fun watching or dancing with us too, so I don't see your point, really. And if someone of us did, we just didn't really care. We like beeing beautiful freaks. It's funny :thumb_yello: Let us be!

Please, I don't want to start a massive argue. I don't want to offend anyone, I'm just sharing my point of view. And if I did, I'm sorry.

:cheerful_h4h:

Sun!!! :huglove:

You looked gorgeous! :biggrin2: You ALL did!

I loved meeting you, and hope to see you again someday!

Don't worry about the "fuss" you guys caused! :wink2: For me it was really funny, and I'm sure Coimbra will never see another group like yours! :wink2:

(I have pics and a video of you guys dancing! LOL I'll post them tomorrow!)

really? :shocked:that was really strange :teehee::teehee: maybe it was just a lonely and nice old man :naughty:

anyway im glad u like our country :aah:

Pigeons fly around in circles, taxis there are the fastest (almost a health risk :naughty:), an old woman called us "malditos espaniolos" when she hit her head in the bus... Insane people FTW! :roftl:

Yes, it's a nice country! Loved it ^^

Pigeons fly around in circles, taxis there are the fastest (almost a health risk :naughty:), an old woman called us "malditos espaniolos" when she hit her head in the bus... Insane people FTW! :roftl:

Yes, it's a nice country! Loved it ^^

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Don't worry about the "fuss" you guys caused! :wink2: For me it was really funny, and I'm sure Coimbra will never see another group like yours! :wink2:

yeh, i think portugal needs to see more groups like yours cause sometimes people here are a little bit "graceless" they need to see more crazy people and just have fun you know? and we mika´s fans...we know how to have fun :naughty:

its cool to see something different here sometimes.. so dont worry :thumb_yello:

They looked gorgeous!! :thumb_yello: They had done a lot work with their outfits and they seemed to like that we take pics, so I'm sure they don't mind I posted the pic...

Omg thanks! :cheerful_h4h: Of course we don't mind if you post photos. There are already lots of them so it's ok!

Sun!!! :huglove:

You looked gorgeous! :biggrin2: You ALL did!

I loved meeting you, and hope to see you again someday!

(I have pics and a video of you guys dancing! LOL I'll post them tomorrow!)

Mary! You remember me :blush-anim-cl: It was nice to meet you too!

I'm glad we entertained you... it's 10 euros, please :naughty:

yeh, i think portugal needs to see more groups like yours cause sometimes people here are a little bit "graceless" they need to see more crazy people and just have fun you know? and we mika´s fans...we know how to have fun :naughty:

its cool to see something different here sometimes.. so dont worry :thumb_yello:

Well... I know some pretty mad Portuguese people :biggrin2:

Thanks for all the support :thumb_yello: It's good to know not everyone hated it lol

i hope no one of my friends mind if i post this pic here

img_1112.jpg

lip-biting :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

Omg, our faces! :roftl: I start laughing every time I see this pic. Neims runing in the background! I remember we said: "Stop! Wait, there's a girl missing!" And then Lilly asked Neims to hurry up, and then Mika imitated her! So funny!

I'm so tired but really happy to see this gig.

I'm so sorry for starting the list at 9am, Mary. But I'm really bored to say to people to not start queueing early and be oblige to spy them to they not doing it. I explain why I don't want to start the list early but when I speak or someone else speak to this person it's like to speak to a wall.

I wake up at 6 am with Meggy and Tibet to spy if a naughty french fan start queueing early :naughty: Nobody was queueing, students were leaving Festa das Latas. We asked question to a man of the security to know at what time the doors open and the gig start. Tibet go for a breakfast and Meggy and I return for sleeping to our hotel for few hours. But when I was in my bed I heard 2 fans going out of their room. I decided to return to the arena with Meggy to explain to these fans that we all starting queueing later.

When I arrived I explain it and why I said that the portugeese fans don't start queueing early, this person know it but like all the time she do what she want and doesn't want understand anything. She wasn't ok to return later. She said as excuses that spanish fans will come early.

I was not ok to start the list and the queueing the morning. But people come and I can't do in other way if they don't want come later.

I stay until 9:30 am and I return to my hotel to change my clothes and having a breakfast. People who were queueing has to move because the cleaning service do their job. When I return the list had growing, more than 35persons. I saw the spanish fans disguise in Mika and his band, really nice.

I decided to start giving the 2 hearts balloons by person. French fans were customising and signing a small french flag for Mika. In the arena they started playing the Kick Ass song, we were all jumping and singing :roftl

It was really nice to see again Tibet, Laura and Sumiko :wink2

We learned at 6 pm that we enter by numbers before the opening doors.

20 minutes before we enter we learn that a part of the fans has to change their tickets :aah: A big panic instant, fans running, me too :roftl We return to our place in the queue. We enter one by one by number.

The first part was not bad, I don't know this band.

People gave light sticks in throwing them in the crowd something really stupide, I received one on my arm, others received them on their head :boxed:

Mika gig start at 1:30 am :blink: but he was fabulous, he had sing so well at this gig. Mika and his band had lots of fun on stage and we had lots of fun too

He said that it was his last europeen gig before his third album :crybaby: a little bit sad.

We tried to throw on stage the heart balloons on Happy Ending, the distance was too long but it was really beautiful from the stage, one of the fan who was backstage at that moment told me.

After the gig, we go near an entry to the backstage to wait for Mika. I was near the fontain and a drunk guy was doing pipi on this fontain.

The M&G was a mess, it's all the time the same when John is not there. Some fans were in front and had signatures but I'm deceived about those persons because they see a lots Mika and could gave their place to the portugeese fans :boxed: I know that some wanted to give a present to him but they can give to a portugeese fan who give to Mika for them. We can't change people.

But it was a really beautiful gig :wub2:

Hi Eva!

First of all, thanks for bringing the balloons for everyone, Mika loved them and the effect was beautiful. :wink2:

About the queue, I know not all french fans get along well, and that there are some little "wars" between forums, but you should try to solve that... we are all there for the same, and Mika won't love you or me more for going there early in the morning. In fact, we get to the concert so tired that we won't enjoy it as much as we would if we got there in the afternoon... :dunno:

The "M&G"...well...I won't moan more about that, I was a bit upset at the time, but it's not that important. :wink2:

I'm glad someone understands our point of view. It's a bit frustrating living in a place where Mika doesn't perform much (and when he does, there are no M&G) and seeing fans from a country where that happens a lot taking his time here. But we are all fans, and I'm not going to start an "anti-french fans" campaing because of this. :naughty: Next time things will be better, hopefully all of us will have a chance to meet him again.

The gig was nice, I enjoyed it a lot, so... :biggrin2:

Hope you liked your trip to Portugal, maybe we'll meet again someday!

i would think that the fact that this gig was on so late would have enfluenced any chance of M & G to start with. although we would all love for him to stop by, talk/sign, we still have to remember that he is also human & given what he has gone through lately, he may need time to catch up on his sleep (& dreams :naughty:) :dunno:

i would think that the fact that this gig was on so late would have enfluenced any chance of M & G to start with. although we would all love for him to stop by, talk/sign, we still have to remember that he is also human & given what he has gone through lately, he may need time to catch up on his sleep (& dreams :naughty:) :dunno:

Oh, absolutely! What we commented before the gig was exactly that. I was actually surprised to see he appeared.

The place wasn't also the best, there were many people who weren't fans there, screaming and making fun of him... I guess he got a bit scared with all that too. I know I would. :lmfao:

But I still think some people were a bit too...erm...excited! :naughty: Which I understand, ok, it's Mika, but...

Oh whatever, it's gone now! *goes back to write a proper report and upload pics and videos* :roftl:

Ooooooki doki, here comes my report!

Part I - Queuing

We (Liliana, Sérgio and me) arrived at Coimbra around 11 am, and decided to drive by the place of the gig, just to see where it was, if there were any parking spaces, etc. And...bam! People were already queuing! :blink: We went to get our numbers, stayed there a bit (got to meet Nina, Eva, Sun and Belen for the first time, and meet again many other people :wub2:) and then went to have lunch nearby.

The weather was nice, fortunately, even though it was a bit cold in the morning.

The band arrived at 4 pm I believe, and a bit later we got to listen to the soundcheck. And dance to it. A lot. :lmfao:

People were looking at us as if we were aliens (no-one queues for this party, let alone since the morning!) and I guess the news were spreading, cause there were some people watching us from the street. :floor:

The spanish gang had this amazing costumes, which seemed to attract many people. at some point there were two old ladies watching from the street, totally shocked! :lmfao: I felt like I was in a zoo, and people were watching us from outside our cage!

Anyway, I wouldn't say this was the third part of the famous "BEST QUEUE EVER", since there were many people missing... :tears: I must say I missed the Wonkas, Rosa, Helen, Diana, Yolanda, and a lot of portuguese friends terribly!! Not that we weren't having fun, but with them it would have been a lot better, I'm sure!

We joked around a bit, took some pics, prepared our "surprises" for the gig, and...waited... LOL

A few hours later, when we were already lined up to go in, the security guys told us that our tickets weren't valid, and that we needed to go to the ticket office to trade them for others.

W-W-WHAAAT? :shocked:

There we went, running for our lives, to get our tickets. The "valid" ones. :sneaky2:

The organization was awful, and they weren't expecting so many people, for sure. And they had no idea about the numbers thing, so it was chaos!! (see, John? We need you. :aah:)

Despite all that, it went well, and we finally got in, smoothly! And I got my fave place, right in front of the fabulous team JiMMa! :wub2:

Archived