Festa das Lata in Coimbra, Portugal - Oct. 25, 2010 - REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS

guylainem123

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, I'm uploading my pics... First ones:

The Spanish gang with my "iMMa rocks" sign! Love this one!

67540_458875068048_533858048_5307475_3353814_n.jpg

Our golden hearts for this gig:

75090_458877713048_533858048_5307570_2384567_n.jpg

:naughty:

I love the pic with iMMa rocks sign!!!! :blush-anim-cl:

And the golden hearts!!! Good idea!!!! :wink2:

Thank's!!! ^^

Ok, I'm uploading my pics... First ones:

The Spanish gang with my "iMMa rocks" sign! Love this one!

Awww, thanks for uploading it! Look at them! Cute little things...

I can't help but cry a bit everytime I see the photos :wub2: I miss you all.

I liked the golden hearts thing, brilliant! :thumb_yello:

I apologize for the delay of my report ... I had to wait to come home, since in Coimbra I have limited access to the internet and I wanted this to be a complete report. :wink2:

So, here it goes.

I arrived with a friend at 21.30 and went to buy a ticket for her. Unfortunately I had classes until 19.15 and could not be there early. We then saw this big queue and we were informed by people in there that only those with numbers could be on that one. So, we went to other queue. It was a really boring wait and it was really cold. Me and my friend were entertained in watching this little boy who was on the numbered queue as he was really, really cute. :teehee:

Shortly before the doors opening, someone told us that those who had ticketline tickets (I had bought mine on fnac), had to go change it. I started to run like crazy to do just that. And I think I wasn’t the only one. :roftl: There, they told me that they could ask me for some identification and I started to panic because I had none. Fortunately, the man did not ask (I was like: :eek:) and I got in. We were on the seventh line of people (yes, I counted :naughty:) right in front of (Mika’s) piano and we had to wait until 23.45 (more or less).

During this time, I remember that the front row was blowing balloons and that there was a BOOM!, followed by a Portuguese scream: "Bust a balloon!" (Or "I wasted a balloon! (?)). Later, we heard two more BOOM!’s.

The Slowriders and Sean Riley came in and started to play. Some songs were beautiful, but the singer was...weird. He sang with his eyes close, his back to us and the guitar episode was really...:shocked: Besides, I think that the drums were to much. I was really getting tired of the sound.

Then Mika came in and was just...Amazing! I had just one thought: WOW. I have some videos, but I had a ‘tower’ in front of me. That, and arms. Lot of arms.:aah: The camera was not the best (my iPod) and the sound is awful and really painful. Sometimes, Mika is nothing more than a white spot (especially when he took off his vest).

I really loved it! I remember this part when he was trying to play a German song(?) or something...but could not remember of any...And when he tried to take his hat( the thingy from the flower hat that looked like it came from the indians) of his neck while singing and he couldn’t...He even giggled. :wub2:

At the end, I had no voice, my feet and back hurt, and I now have an orange stick...But I’m so happy! :biggrin2:

Unfortunately, my friend had to go and I could not see Mika after the gig. I’ll have to wait for a next time! ^ ^

I got home at four, I got up at eight. Had classes all morning, latada parade all afternoon. I was sleepy all day long...

On Wednesday I talked with a colleague who had gone to 'party'. She told me she did not like Mika’s music very much, but she was admired for the way he presented the show. That, and his ability to jump like crazy on the stage without messing up the music. :roftl:

I still cannot believe I went to see him ... I still think I dreamed ... I cannot wait to see him again...

I’m a little sad because I did not meet anyone from MFC ...I think I saw familiar faces from pictures in here, but I do not have the nerve to go and ask, “Hey, are you...?” :blush-anim-cl:I think I saw Mary, but I was not sure... :aah:

Anyway, I’ll go upload the videos on youtube and then I’ll edit this post with the links.

Nooooo!

Eu amo você. :mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:

I don't believe you anymore! :sneaky2:

it wasn't so cold!!!!!! Even I got burned!!!! :teehee:

I was dying of cold... all day! :naughty:

Here in spain they don't trust in humans :roftl:

Here I guess we can say they trust too much. On the street we have to swerve direction because they simply don't care! :blink:

Ooooooki doki, here comes my report!

Part I - Queuing

We (Liliana, Sérgio and me) arrived at Coimbra around 11 am, and decided to drive by the place of the gig, just to see where it was, if there were any parking spaces, etc. And...bam! People were already queuing! :blink: We went to get our numbers, stayed there a bit (got to meet Nina, Eva, Sun and Belen for the first time, and meet again many other people :wub2:) and then went to have lunch nearby.

The weather was nice, fortunately, even though it was a bit cold in the morning.

The band arrived at 4 pm I believe, and a bit later we got to listen to the soundcheck. And dance to it. A lot. :lmfao:

People were looking at us as if we were aliens (no-one queues for this party, let alone since the morning!) and I guess the news were spreading, cause there were some people watching us from the street. :floor:

The spanish gang had this amazing costumes, which seemed to attract many people. at some point there were two old ladies watching from the street, totally shocked! :lmfao: I felt like I was in a zoo, and people were watching us from outside our cage!

Anyway, I wouldn't say this was the third part of the famous "BEST QUEUE EVER", since there were many people missing... :tears: I must say I missed the Wonkas, Rosa, Helen, Diana, Yolanda, and a lot of portuguese friends terribly!! Not that we weren't having fun, but with them it would have been a lot better, I'm sure!

young lady..... i hope we both will organize the best queue ever part III....:mf_rosetinted: be patient.....

I was thinking about you all,during all the night... your text arrived at 3:30am and i wasn´t sleeping yet..... :huglove:

I love the first one!!!!! :wub2: It's soo good!!!! I love his face!!! ^^

And the second one... it was me!!!!! It was me saying goodbye with him!!!!!! :blush-anim-cl:

Thank's Mary!!!!!!!!!! :huglove:

You're welcome! :huglove:

Archived