Festa das Lata in Coimbra, Portugal - Oct. 25, 2010 - REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS

guylainem123

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@Mary - so they were not your photos?:roftl: sorry, I thought they were. :teehee: I was obviously not reading carefully. Great pictures, whoever took them.

As for the watermarks, I do understand people using them in professional photographs or even in some simply great amateur pictures. Melody watermarks them for the German Fanclub for example, so they also function as the means of promotion to DMFC / Mika..etc. Besides, the pictures are still enjoyable to view.

My comment about the watermarks were about 3-4 particular photos posted earlier on this thread that looked amateur (vs the ones posted by others) yet were heavily watermarked. I did not see the point of doing it.

Otherwise, I am not interested in photos that much, I rarely download any, except for some fun ones like Mika and Jimmy during GK...etc.:teehee:

I didn't even see my pics yet, been busy these last few days. But I'm sure they're not that good! :naughty:

Mellody's watermarks, like others, are nice and simple, but also easy to crop off the pic if anyone wants to use it. I've seen pics from a portuguese website here, with the TINY watermark cropped. If the problem is the watermark being all over Mika, what's the point of doing that? That's the kind of situations Liliana wants to avoid by watermarking her pics like that.

I know that because we've discussed this subject many times, specially after we saw our pics used by other people without permission. As since she's a professional, she's even more protective of her work.

With this particular gig, those 3/4 pics posted are not the best she took, yes, but since she didn't even took the time to select only the best ones to share, in order to show them here quickly, I just think we should thank her, and not diss the pics just because they're "not worthy" of such a heavy watermark. :thumb_yello:

I'm sure she'd prefer to use a lighter watermark, but the other one she used was almost invisible, and still she saw her work being disrespected, with people wanting to remove it... It's normal, wanting to protect your stuff from that. I'd do the same if I were in that situation, tbh. :wink2:

Mika is a stupid man.

Say wot? :blink:

Me too:sad:

Gutted she couldn't be there on Monday night.

Hope she gets well soon.

She's getting better, but it's a slow process, so... :wink2: I'm sure she'll be fine, no matter how long it takes. :wub2:

oma is like Mum but in andaluz

Hmmm...So "andaluz" is now a separate language? :roftl:

In this pic it looks like Jimmy was working on them during the gig itself, too:roftl:

or was he looking for something in his hair?:blink:

Oh my, well spotted :lmfao: It totally looks like it, hahahahahaaaaa

Reminds me of the nit nurse from school:roftl::roftl::roftl:

I was JUST gonna say that it looked like he was trying to pick nits. Reminds me of myself when I examine my dogs for ticks :naughty:

I really miss Wonka's captions on all these recent threads :emot-sad:

I know, I really miss her- I hope that she gets better soon. I really feel for her, and for her family :tears:

I have one question, what is he saying before Happy Ending ..... "for a special German ...... song" I can´t understand :blink:

yes hun, same here :blink: he said something like "german and song" :dunno:

I loved when he said "cant u just ****in died?" :roftl: :roftl:

Thank you very much, I really didn´t know that term. It´s called in German " Schunkellieder"

I was only joking, it is an English expression. :wink2:

It comes from imitating the beat (oom -pah-pah )of such songs and there is a song in Oliver (the musical), with that title, that's how I know what he might have meant.:teehee:

I think all kind of german "Volksmusik" is Oompah. :wink2:

I don't know much about German folk music but I thought this oompah souind was mainly "schwäbisch muzik"..? :dunno:

we like it here, too :teehee:

I was only joking, it is an English expression. :wink2:

It comes from imitating the beat (oom -pah-pah )of such songs and there is a song in Oliver (the musical), with that title, that's how I know what he might have meant.:teehee:

I don't know much about German folk music but I thought this oompah souind was mainly "schwäbisch muzik"..? :dunno:

we like it here, too :teehee:

Bavarian music :wink2:

I'm so tired but really happy to see this gig.

I'm so sorry for starting the list at 9am, Mary. But I'm really bored to say to people to not start queueing early and be oblige to spy them to they not doing it. I explain why I don't want to start the list early but when I speak or someone else speak to this person it's like to speak to a wall.

I wake up at 6 am with Meggy and Tibet to spy if a naughty french fan start queueing early :naughty: Nobody was queueing, students were leaving Festa das Latas. We asked question to a man of the security to know at what time the doors open and the gig start. Tibet go for a breakfast and Meggy and I return for sleeping to our hotel for few hours. But when I was in my bed I heard 2 fans going out of their room. I decided to return to the arena with Meggy to explain to these fans that we all starting queueing later.

When I arrived I explain it and why I said that the portugeese fans don't start queueing early, this person know it but like all the time she do what she want and doesn't want understand anything. She wasn't ok to return later. She said as excuses that spanish fans will come early.

I was not ok to start the list and the queueing the morning. But people come and I can't do in other way if they don't want come later.

I stay until 9:30 am and I return to my hotel to change my clothes and having a breakfast. People who were queueing has to move because the cleaning service do their job. When I return the list had growing, more than 35persons. I saw the spanish fans disguise in Mika and his band, really nice.

I decided to start giving the 2 hearts balloons by person. French fans were customising and signing a small french flag for Mika. In the arena they started playing the Kick Ass song, we were all jumping and singing :roftl:

It was really nice to see again Tibet, Laura and Sumiko :wink2:

We learned at 6 pm that we enter by numbers before the opening doors.

20 minutes before we enter we learn that a part of the fans has to change their tickets :aah: A big panic instant, fans running, me too :roftl: We return to our place in the queue. We enter one by one by number.

The first part was not bad, I don't know this band.

People gave light sticks in throwing them in the crowd something really stupide, I received one on my arm, others received them on their head :boxed:

Mika gig start at 1:30 am :blink: but he was fabulous, he had sing so well at this gig. Mika and his band had lots of fun on stage and we had lots of fun too :wub2:

He said that it was his last europeen gig before his third album :crybaby: a little bit sad.

We tried to throw on stage the heart balloons on Happy Ending, the distance was too long but it was really beautiful from the stage, one of the fan who was backstage at that moment told me.

After the gig, we go near an entry to the backstage to wait for Mika. I was near the fontain and a drunk guy was doing pipi on this fontain.

The M&G was a mess, it's all the time the same when John is not there. Some fans were in front and had signatures but I'm deceived about those persons because they see a lots Mika and could gave their place to the portugeese fans :boxed: I know that some wanted to give a present to him but they can give to a portugeese fan who give to Mika for them. We can't change people.

But it was a really beautiful gig :wub2:

My videos!:biggrin2:

Relax -

SITM -

Billy Brown -

BOTG -

Blue Eyes -

Happy Ending -

Kick Ass -

WAG -

Grace Kelly -

Lollipop -