The shrink thread Part 2

southeast

Oh yes, I'm a superwoman. :roftl: Seriously, much of my writing these

days is for online publications, which is why I'm online so much. But

I have also written for traditional media: newspapers, magazines,

newsletters, I have co-authored a book and have some of my work in

collections of essays. (Not meaning to boast, but you asked.)

So yes, I am a published author :thumb_yello:

I agree with you that he is quite knowledgeable about music -- no question.

But I don't think the issue is about "being allowed" to know more -- you just

said that this is for fun, and it is. Since this is the "shrinks thread" I thought

the whole point was to speculate and analyze. Isn't that what you said

to me last week when you asked me why I was here? :blink:

In any case, I don't really expect to ever

have the chance to interview him, either. I like to imagine it, but I'm

not sitting here at my desk, day in and day out, waiting for the phone to

ring. :naughty: Sorry, Sienna. :wink2:

Wow we've got a famous administrator! :bow:

I was only pointing out that I didn't expect my questions would be very likely to be asked in real life. I mean, I would ask those questions, although they are probably very crappy questions for the rest of the world. :roll1:

I think SE meant a more intellectual interview.

I don't think most people have problems asking him questions.

I don't know. I'm not sure about that. I think SE only wants NEW questions. :blink:

I think this has become a trendy and important thread on MFC! :shocked:

I knew it would.:mf_rosetinted:

Our two main shrinks are so cool. :fangurl: But I miss Sil. :sad:

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know. I'm not sure about that. I think SE only wants NEW questions. :blink:

She should then simply collect the silly random questions fans have asked him after gigs. Those have never appeared in writing but I am sure it would be fun to read them all here:naughty:.

I think this has become a trendy and important thread on MFC! :shocked:

I knew it would.:mf_rosetinted:

well, I found some of the the topics on the other thread good.

To be honest, I was never interested in the 'what would you ask from him during a hypothetical interview' topic (there was a long discussion on this earlier, in 2008, I think ) and at the moment the conversation has turned funny.

All I would like to know right now is what made you think Mika was LYING about his musical interest.

I am not interested in anything else on this topic, tbh. :dunno:

Hey, people. You sure know by now (cause I am ranting about it all the time :teehee:) how I hate those stupid journalists who pose Mika the same ridiculous questions over and over again.

So, what would be your one topic with Mika? What would be the one most important thing you want to know from/about him?

She should then simply collect the silly random questions fans have asked him after gigs. Those have never appeared in writing but I am sure it would be fun to read them all here:naughty:.

As you can see from her own lines posted earlier, she wants a topic, but not necessarily an intellectual one. :confused: Where is she? :blink: These shrinks are never there when you need them. :mf_rosetinted:

How about smells? :teehee: Or things you can't stand? :aah: Or favourite places in London? :wub2:

They are in all the reports I've written, question and his response.

I was going to do them again this time around, with a slightly more serious edge to them, and although they were random, I did have a strict criteria to them, that wouldn't be intrusive, but would draw an intelligent answer from him.

It's the same criteria as before, just with more of an intellectual spin, like a verbal Rorshachs test.

All I would like to know right now is what made you think Mika was LYING about his musical interest. I am not interested in anything else on this topic, tbh. :dunno:

What makes you think he wasn't? :wink2: This thread is not about absolute truth. I'm a (sort of :naughty:) shrink, I give my own interpretations. :glasses3:

As you can see from her own lines posted earlier, she wants a topic, but not necessarily an intellectual one. :confused: Where is she? :blink: These shrinks are never there when you need them. :mf_rosetinted:

I don't need her now, I am not interested in this topic, like I said. The only thing I read here and found interesting is the comment you made, doubting Mika's musical influences. However, if you don't want to / cannot answer that, why mention it in the first place? :blink:

oh, I can see that you have just replied ..

What makes you think he wasn't? :wink2: This thread is not about absolute truth. I'm a (sort of :naughty:) shrink, I give my own interpretations. :glasses3:

oh, that is just twisted reasoning. similar to:

"you are an idiot"

"really?"

"Yes"

"What makes you think so"

"What makes you think you are not?"

:blink:

oh, I can see that you have just replied ..

oh, that is just twisted reasoning. similar to:

"you are an idiot"

"really?"

"Yes"

"What makes you think so"

"What makes you think you are not?"

:blink:

Sounds like a typical shrink response to me, answering a question with a question:roftl:

I don't need her now, I am not interested in this topic, like I said. The only thing I read here and found interesting is the comment you made, doubting Mika's musical influences. However, if you don't want to / cannot answer that, why mention it in the first place? :blink:

I like being questioned because I always have answers. :biggrin2:

I never said I doubted his musical influences. :blink: I'm not an expert musician who can judge musical influences, or better I'm not a musician. Music is tricky and is not for a common music lover like me. :thumb_yello:

Where did you read that? I said I would like to know the music he really likes and listens to in his free time. I'm pretty sure he doesn't spend hours listening to Lady Gaga although he said he liked what she was doing. I'm pretty sure he listens to lots of different types music and singers/bands he has never mentioned so far.

Why do you think I am mistaken?

I like being questioned because I always have answers. :biggrin2:

that's cool:thumb_yello:

I never said I doubted his musical influences. :blink: I'm not an expert musician who can judge musical influences, or better I'm not a musician. Music is tricky and is not for a common music lover like me. :thumb_yello: Where did you read that?

Here:

And I'd love to know what music he normally listens to, because I think he has lied about his favourite artists and music so far. :teehee:

I thought you had some kind of musical evidence to support your comment and I found strange that you wouldn't answer me. Now that you have, I can go to sleep.:biggrin2:

PS: I will re-phrase my question now: what makes you think that he has lied about his favourite artists?

I thought you had some kind of musical evidence to support your comment and I found strange that you wouldn't answer me. Now that you have, I can go to sleep.:biggrin2:

You are really contributing to this thread tonight eh. :teehee:

I think you can have favourite artists and songs without being influenced by them. :wink2:

On his MySpace page he talks about Beck, Elton John, Rufus Wainwright and Harry Nilsson, for example. But perhaps he listens to the Beatles in his spare time or he relaxes with Celtic music ( :freak: ).

Do you think it is so unlikely? :blink:

As for his lying: why should I tell YOU in the first place? I may have my own little secrets I don't share with anyone. :wink2:

that's cool:thumb_yello:

Here:

PS: I will re-phrase my question now: what makes you think that he has lied about his favourite artists?

I think the best way to discover what music he likes, is to take note of gigs he goes to, as I don't think anyone would go to a show of someone they didn't like. Unless they are a masochist:naughty:

I think the best way to discover what music he likes, is to take note of gigs he goes to, as I don't think anyone would go to a show of someone they didn't like. Unless they are a masochist:naughty:

I'm a bit too far away in space to do that! :aah:

But he may also listen to artists who are dead or who no longer perform. :pinkbow:

On his MySpace page he talks about Beck, Elton John, Rufus Wainwright and Harry Nilsson, for example. But perhaps he listens to the Beatles in his spare time or he relaxes with Celtic music ( :freak: ).

Do you think it is so unlikely? :blink:

No, Laura, it is likely, but this does not support your earlier comment that you thought he had lied about his favourite artists. In his interviews he has mentioned several artists he liked so far. Saying that he had lied about them would mean that you had reason to believe some of these artists were not his favourite ones

As for his lying: why should I tell YOU in the first place? I may have my own little secrets I don't share with anyone. :wink2:

In all honestly, I thought you wanted to discuss something about music on this thread, but you just seemed to have talked utter nonsense - perhaps for fun? :dunno: -, so we can close our discussion on this topic.

Happy to discuss something else that makes sense next.

In all honestly, I thought you wanted to discuss something about music on this thread, but you just seemed to have talked utter nonsense - perhaps for fun? :dunno: -, so we can close our discussion on this topic.

Happy to discuss something else that makes sense next.

Thanks, that's very kind of you. I think you are right. See you here for the next topic then. :thumb_yello:

:roftl:

which reminds me: how would we know that he tells US the truth? :mf_rosetinted:

would you call him out on it? like, mika, come on, we've heard five different versions on this, what's the deal? :naughty:

Hey, hi! :bye: I just managed to dig out your post among the other ones!

Yeah, how about: "The Ultimative Mika Interview on all the Things We Aren't Sure About, Because He Always Answers Something Different"

Showers

Fashion

Music Taste

:das:

Food

He should of course be able to see the questions beforehand so he can be sure that there is no pitfalls!:wink2:

That's a good idea! I think he should ask about the questions beforehand more often.

Or ask to read the interview before it has being published.

What would you like to interview him about? I am sorry if you already said this somewhere, the discussion was a bit mad here last night again, so I am not sure I noticed all posts. :blink:

As you can see from her own lines posted earlier, she wants a topic, but not necessarily an intellectual one. :confused:Where is she? :blink: These shrinks are never there when you need them. :mf_rosetinted:

How about smells? :teehee: Or things you can't stand? :aah: Or favourite places in London? :wub2:

I was hiding. Scared of the thread again. :shocked:

This is a good example for "....and then we discuss like mad for a few pages". :teehee:

I would love to hear his answers to your questions.

He says he likes Kurt Weil, so I have the feeling he preferes melancholy music. Pure speculation.

Do you think he likes classical songs like those from Schubert?

Or more the bombastic orchestrated stuff like Händel? (I am more of a Händel, Rossini fan tbh.)

I would do a random question interview with him, like the random questions I used to do back in 07/08.

There are so many things you can learn by asking totally random off the cuff questions, and have a laugh when you do it.

That would be the topic "Random Stuff" then. :biggrin2: Yeah, you're right, some people can get really funny while answering random things. But you really have to be a VERY good journalist to do this and get some interesting answers, because, you know, if Mika gets irritated by some unexpected question he might get moody or sulky and don't answer at all or only answer weird things. Artists are such weird & sensitive creatures, you know. So I would feel uneasy asking him random stuff myself, because I would be unsure how he will react.:teehee:

I really would like to hear his serious opinion on things and that's why I would try to make a more subdued interview with him. He doesn't have too many of those, I think.

Yes, I agree with you, I really should do it! :naughty:

Can we get Mika on board with that idea?

A very long time ago, I had the chance to do an interview

with Perez Hilton, and I did just as you suggested -- I used questions

that were submitted by MFCers, and posted the interview here on MFC.

So then when Mika solicited our questions on his blog, that was actually

what I asked: May I interview you for the MFC? I'm still waiting for a reply. :wink2:

Waaaaah! Perez Hilton. So scary.

Anyway, I think you will have a good chance of interviewing Mika when he starts promoting his 3rd album. It's all about the right timing, I should say. :wink2:

:tears: This doesn't sound very nice to be honest.

Of course everybody is welcome to say what they think, but, you know, as a thread "co-founder" I would like to feel welcome on the shrink thread. Especially as I mostly post on only two threads on MFC.

I am sorry if the topic is not that interesting for you. :dunno:

I thought that few other people would like to discuss how their interview with Mika would look like.

You are welcome to suggest a new, more interesting topic anytime.

:tears: This doesn't sound very nice to be honest.

Of course it doesn't if you take it out of context. :wink2:

Let me help you with that.

My original post:

well, I found some of the the topics on the other thread good.

To be honest, I was never interested in the 'what would you ask from him during a hypothetical interview' topic (there was a long discussion on this earlier, in 2008, I think ) and at the moment the conversation has turned funny.

All I would like to know right now is what made you think Mika was LYING about his musical interest.

I am not interested in anything else on this topic, tbh. :dunno:

I merely wanted Laura to reply my question I asked several times as I found that offensive towards Mika and wanted to know what basis she had for stating that. I thought she might have noticed something in his music as she apparently understands music, so I would have liked to discuss it with her.

However, she called for your help instead and wanted you to explain something else

But I insisted on her replying to me:

My comment was not about you, I was pushing her to answer my question which she did, eventually. :thumb_yello:

I am sorry if the topic is not that interesting for you. :dunno:

you needn't feel sorry for that. If I didn't find the thread interesting, I wouldn't come here. I stated twice already how much I liked some of the topics on this thread, and that is why I planned to join the conversation in part2. It does not mean that I will join every topic. I wasn't interested in this one so I did not join the discussion first but was happy to answer your question, for example, and one of Laura's comment raised my interest, so I asked her on that. That is all.

I thought that few other people would like to discuss how their interview with Mika would look like.

Threads on forums go astray, of course, that is part of the beauty of it, although it can be annoying. If it was merely people stating how they would like such interview to take place without the others interacting with them (i.e. asking questions, offering different views), it would be just a blog with comments, not a conversation.

You are welcome to suggest a new, more interesting topic anytime.

I remember you had an idea for a topic you wanted to do research on, so I'm happy to hear on that. Yes. I also have a topic I would have liked to discuss from part 1 but I am not posting it now, let's see how the thread develops and look forward to the topic you mentioned or any further discussion on the Mika interview I may not join but read. :original:

Archived