The shrink thread Part 2

southeast

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At work we call it "Kindergarten" ...just kidding, don't kill me :teehee: May be people take everything too seriouse sometimes...It's good to be seriouse of course...but sometimes it's better not :teehee:

I can't help being serious when it is a discussion. :teehee:

I hope I did not sound angry, I just prefer to have a clear understanding what people mean (at least the ones whose opinion I am interested in), that's all.

I can't help being serious when it is a discussion. :teehee:

I hope I did not sound angry, I just prefer to have a clear understanding what people mean (at least the ones whose opinion I am interested in), that's all.

Oh no, no, I was speaking in general…I’m just afraid to loose our only shrink which is left :group_hug:

I would do a random question interview with him, like the random questions I used to do back in 07/08.

There are so many things you can learn by asking totally random off the cuff questions, and have a laugh when you do it.

That would be the topic "Random Stuff" then. :biggrin2: Yeah, you're right, some people can get really funny while answering random things. But you really have to be a VERY good journalist to do this and get some interesting answers, because, you know, if Mika gets irritated by some unexpected question he might get moody or sulky and don't answer at all or only answer weird things. Artists are such weird & sensitive creatures, you know. So I would feel uneasy asking him random stuff myself, because I would be unsure how he will react.:teehee:

I really would like to hear his serious opinion on things and that's why I would try to make a more subdued interview with him. He doesn't have too many of those, I think.

Just for the record...when RAK1 was asking him those random questions she was dressed like a penguin.:roftl: Some people in Mika's band became very fond of here in her penguin dress, I'm not quite sure but wasn't she even stalked a little by one of them?:fisch:

What would you like to interview him about? I am sorry if you already said this somewhere, the discussion was a bit mad here last night again, so I am not sure I noticed all posts. :blink:

This is what I said about it yesterday:

"I would love to hear more about his music as been mentioned here before.

I would also love to hear for example how he coop with being in different places all the time whilst touring, how he does to get some relaxation."

Maybe that last part is a little too personal?:wink2:

I believe in co-operation and there are people on this forum who know so much more about music then I do, so I would suggest that we can prepare the questions together and finally agree (become united) of the ones asked to Mika!:thumb_yello:

Oh yes, I read what I just wrote! :biggrin2:

Funny huh?! But I want to believe that we can do it!:kaf:

Just for the record...when RAK1 was asking him those random questions she was dressed like a penguin.:roftl: Some people in Mika's band became very fond of here in her penguin dress, I'm not quite sure but wasn't she even stalked a little by one of them?:fisch:

Wasn't Andy stalking everyone those days? :biggrin2: He ran around with a camera, chasing Mika fans to interview them for the "secret footage" that was never to see the light again :blink:

you needn't feel sorry for that. If I didn't find the thread interesting, I wouldn't come here. I stated twice already how much I liked some of the topics on this thread, and that is why I planned to join the conversation in part2. It does not mean that I will join every topic. I wasn't interested in this one so I did not join the discussion first but was happy to answer your question, for example, and one of Laura's comment raised my interest, so I asked her on that. That is all.

Threads on forums go astray, of course, that is part of the beauty of it, although it can be annoying. If it was merely people stating how they would like such interview to take place without the others interacting with them (i.e. asking questions, offering different views), it would be just a blog with comments, not a conversation.

I remember you had an idea for a topic you wanted to do research on, so I'm happy to hear on that. Yes. I also have a topic I would have liked to discuss from part 1 but I am not posting it now, let's see how the thread develops and look forward to the topic you mentioned or any further discussion on the Mika interview I may not join but read. :original:

Thanks for clearing things up! :thumb_yello:

Would be happy if we discuss topics from the last thread here, there were so many good ideas there. *sigh* *gets sentimental*

I think I am just anxious that people feel good on this thread and don't be afraid to voice their opinion. I personally am not keen doing this on the "main" threads on MFC, because of the long and exausting discussions that mostly follow there. I am not so keen to discuss and justify myself, because at the end I don't have the energy and the wish and the time to go on discussing, so mostly it's pointless and I give up. Yes, I know, a real coward.:teehee:

So I like the fact that so many nice & mostly quiet or shy people like to visit the shrink thread (and sadly some of them already stopped visiting it) to talk to each other here, feel somewhat secure and make stupid jokes. I don't think we really had many "real" heated discussions at the beginning, it was all very relaxed. I think that is or perhaps was also a main cause why the first shrink thread was so interesting. Would like the second thread to be like that as well. That's all. :wink2:

At work we call it "Kindergarten" ...just kidding, don't kill me :teehee: May be people take everything too seriouse sometimes...It's good to be seriouse of course...but sometimes it's better not :teehee:

But yes, you're right! We say the same in German! :teehee:

People tend to take things too seriously. Best not to be too serious about it all. :teehee: I don't know how it's with you, but I don't want to get too serious too often in the Internet. Perhaps because there are enough serious things to think about and decide in real life, so why make your life even more serious, right? :wink2:

Wasn't Andy stalking everyone those days? :biggrin2: He ran around with a camera, chasing Mika fans to interview them for the "secret footage" that was never to see the light again :blink:

Oh yes, that's true, I almost forgot! "The secret footage"!:naughty:

I remember that annoying camera light right in your face when you were trying to talk to Mika!:sneaky2::roftl:

*imagining Andy's apartment with drawers filled with thousands of memory cards*:naughty:

I didn't know that. :doh: How funny! I think of questions like: "Do you like fish?", "What do you think about the colour combination black-white with a touch of yellow?", "What's your favorite bird?"

This is what I said about it yesterday:

"I would love to hear more about his music as been mentioned here before.

I would also love to hear for example how he coop with being in different places all the time whilst touring, how he does to get some relaxation."

Maybe that last part is a little too personal?:wink2:

I believe in co-operation and there are people on this forum who know so much more about music then I do, so I would suggest that we can prepare the questions together and finally agree (become united) of the ones asked to Mika!:thumb_yello:

Oh yes, I read what I just wrote! :biggrin2:

Funny huh?! But I want to believe that we can do it!:kaf:

Oh, yes, I read that now! Sorry! I too think it interesting to know more about touring. You know: Topic of conversation: "Life on tour". It could go on for ages :teehee:

But yes, you're right! We say the same in German! :teehee:

People tend to take things too seriously. Best not to be too serious about it all. :teehee: I don't know how it's with you, but I don't want to get too serious too often in the Internet. Perhaps because there are enough serious things to think about and decide in real life, so why make your life even more serious, right? :wink2:

Ahum, I hope you refer to "kindergarten" in the nicest possible way and with no bad preconception and meaning to be condescending against kindergartens?:wink2:

Just wanted to say!:teehee:

Oh yes, that's true, I almost forgot! "The secret footage"!:naughty:

I remember that annoying camera light right in your face when you were trying to talk to Mika!:sneaky2::roftl:

*imagining Andy's apartment with drawers filled with thousands of memory cards*:naughty:

As long as he hasn't lost them :sneaky2:. But yeah, that light was kinda unsettling :naughty:. I was a bit relieved when he stopped chasing us all with that thing, tbh :biggrin2:

Oh, yes, I read that now! Sorry! I too think it interesting to know more about touring. You know: Topic of conversation: "Life on tour". It could go on for ages :teehee:

That is one topic that I would LOVE to know more about, I'm very nosy like that :naughty:

Ahum, I hope you refer to "kindergarten" in the nicest possible way and with no bad preconception and meaning to be condescending against kindergartens?:wink2:

Just wanted to say!:teehee:

:blink: No, I am a big fan of Kindergartens! You can't even imagine how much! :teehee:

It's just a saying in the German language, when people start to quarell about pointless things then they say, come on, it's not a Kindergarden here, we are grown up people, stop being childish... Never heard it in Bulgarian though. Perhaps because all Bulgarians are big chidren :teehee:

So I like the fact that so many nice & mostly quiet or shy people like to visit the shrink thread (and sadly some of them already stopped visiting it) to talk to each other here, feel somewhat secure and make stupid jokes.

yes, that is why I never paid attention to this thread in the beginning.

I don't want to get too serious too often in the Internet. Perhaps because there are enough serious things to think about and decide in real life, so why make your life even more serious, right? :wink2:

I actually opened the shrinks thread (part1) at the moment when you were complaining about the thread having gone "too serious", so you were not commenting because of that...I checked and what I actually found was not a serious but a delusional conversation:blink:, so I truly felt sorry for you. :huglove:That is why I posted a comment that time, saying that I will join some interesting topics you came up with originally.

However, I am not so sure now. I hope you do not mean that some people just want to listen to the same opinion as theirs echoed back on a thread, since that is not a characteristic of any forum.

Anyway, I saw a comment of yours on Kurt Weill and also another one from Sienna and Sarifor - I'll come back on that - need to go for lunch now.

@SE I have no idea of what kind of classical music he likes. :dunno:

Of course it doesn't if you take it out of context. :wink2:

Let me help you with that.

My original post:

I merely wanted Laura to reply my question I asked several times as I found that offensive towards Mika and wanted to know what basis she had for stating that. I thought she might have noticed something in his music as she apparently understands music, so I would have liked to discuss it with her.

However, she called for your help instead and wanted you to explain something else

But I insisted on her replying to me:

My comment was not about you, I was pushing her to answer my question which she did, eventually. :thumb_yello:

I know you don't like me but I think you are really going too far with your behaviour. I know you want to show that I'm a bad person and that I have no respect for Mika, but there are other people in this thread and other people reading. At least you should respect them.

You can be sure that if my words are offensive, Mika will remember them. :wink2: And he will also remember your behaviour here. He can jugde people and situations with his own head.

I have also posted that he knows a lot about music. I don't insult him freely because I feel like it.

So on MFC you can say that Mika gets drunk all the time (it often happens in the Twitter update thread), but you can't mention the fact that he often contradicts himself (lies?) in interviews? Come on! :wink2:

I am not a professional musician, I'm an amateur pianist. I don't analyse music. Greg can, I can't. Ask him on Twitter if you want to know specific information concerning Mika's songs and influences.

I know you want to show that I'm a bad person and that I have no respect for Mika, but there are other people in this thread and other people reading. At least you should respect them.

I cannot make people think that you are a bad person unless they draw their own conclusion from your posts.

It is funny how YOU talk about respect after your disrespectful comments to a well-respected MCFer last night.

:cool:

PS: I don't hate you, I just wanted to understand what you were getting at. Someone contradicting oneself does not equal with lying , but I understand that may have been just a bad choice of word on your part.

yes, that is why I never paid attention to this thread in the beginning.

I actually opened the shrinks thread (part1) at the moment when you were complaining about the thread having gone "too serious", so you were not commenting because of that...I checked and what I actually found was not a serious but a delusional conversation:blink:, so I truly felt sorry for you. :huglove:That is why I posted a comment that time, saying that I will join some interesting topics you came up with originally.

However, I am not so sure now. I hope you do not mean that some people just want to listen to the same opinion as theirs echoed back on a thread, since that is not a characteristic of any forum.

Anyway, I saw a comment of yours on Kurt Weill and also another one from Sienna and Sarifor - I'll come back on that - need to go for lunch now.

Doesn't everybody want to hear that they are right all the time ? :roftl: I think the Gasmic is a good example for a thread that thrives where all people have the same opinion ALL of the time. :teehee: So yeah, we are as shallow as that, I am afraid.

Or perhaps, our behavior on a forum depicts pretty closely the way we are in real life. I can't talk about other people, but I am a very easy going person in real life and don't have big discussions with anyone, friends or family. Also I really try to avoid people who like to discuss everyday things in extenso. There are only a few things in life I care passionately about and I don't discuss about those. For the rest I don't really care, so I just accept other people's views. Actually my whole family is like that. So I suppose that's one reason why I can't get used to having big discussions on a forum. :dunno:

That is one topic that I would LOVE to know more about, I'm very nosy like that :naughty:

Yeah, it's interesting, although I suppose in the end life on tour is pretty boring: sleep, eat, gym, gig, M&G, tour bus, sleep, eat, gym, dress up, gig, M&G, tour bus, promotion, interview, interview, interview, sleep, eat, gym, gig, plane.... :teehee:

Doesn't everybody want to hear that they are right all the time ? :roftl:

Very good point:thumb_yello:

I think the Gasmic is a good example for a thread that thrives where all people have the same opinion ALL of the time. :teehee:
:blink: even about pictures of him from the latest MTV show? :naughty:

I don't mean to upset anyone, or add flames to the fire at all, but what makes you think that Mika is reading this thread, Laura?

How do you know he isn't? (And the discussion ends up being similar to the one we had last night) How can you say I'm wrong if you don't know the truth? :confused:

Suzie says I'm being disrespectful. If Mika is not reading why should she worry? He will never know, I don't think he will ever get to know. Is she planning to talk to him about me at her next M&G?

Honestly, horrible things have been written on this forum about Mika and nobody has ever complained. Perhaps only some people have got a right to insult him? :dunno: I don't think it's wise to post links to quite a few threads where really nasty things were written about Mika's sex life, his dancing skills, his hair, his clothes, his spelling skills, his habit of tweeting when he's drunk. :wink2:

Again, I don't think I was disrespectful. Actually, last night the problem wasn't my being disrespectful, it was just Suzie who had misunderstood my post about Mika's favourite music and artists. Today she has started talking about something different. What are you getting at, Suzie? :dunno:

This discussion is pointless for all the other people reading and posting. :boxed: This is my last reply, I will move on because this thread is not about me and my "wrong" opinions about Mika.

Today I was thinking about a very common behaviour: people who have a certain personality feature, tend to tell other people they are not like that. I'm talking about an obvious personality feature, something you really notice about someone.

For example:

liars will state they never lie

lazy people will state they are very active and work hard

bad-tempered people will state they never lose their temper

The first case is very common in my own experience. But there are lots of other examples.

Why does this happen? I mean, are grown-ups so childish that they don't understand that people won't believe them? Wouldn't it be better not to mention their striking feature so that they can try to hide it instead? :confused:

Today I was thinking about a very common behaviour: people who have a certain personality feature, tend to tell other people they are not like that. I'm talking about an obvious personality feature, something you really notice about someone.

For example:

The first case is very common in my own experience. But there are lots of other examples.

Why does this happen? I mean, are grown-ups so childish that they don't understand that people won't believe them? Wouldn't it be better not to mention their striking feature so that they can try to hide it instead? :confused:

Really? I mean, you have observed people and they do that? Because I'm very lazy, and I always tell people I'm lazy, because I find active people a bit irritating :teehee: I'm also bad-tempered, there is no point to deny it. Why would people deny things like that?

But I always wonder how it is possible for some people to lie. Are they not afraid that people can see what they do? :blink:

Sorry to come here so sudden :blush-anim-cl: I read the end of the previous thread and there was some interesting discussion so I started to follow this thread.

For example:

Like me saying I am easy going in real life and not discussing stuff? :teehee:

Sure they are. :naughty:

Some of them lie, some don't even realise they aren't saying the truth. They believe what they are saying. "Repression" as Freud puts it. They don't want to accept who they really are, so they are just making things up and repressing the not so positive traits of character. Their self-perception is totaly false. Happens very often to narcissists.

Really? I mean, you have observed people and they do that? Because I'm very lazy, and I always tell people I'm lazy, because I find active people a bit irritating :teehee: I'm also bad-tempered, there is no point to deny it. Why would people deny things like that?

But I always wonder how it is possible for some people to lie. Are they not afraid that people can see what they do? :blink:

Sorry to come here so sudden :blush-anim-cl: I read the end of the previous thread and there was some interesting discussion so I started to follow this thread.

Thank you for coming in! You are very welcome! :wink2:

Archived