New Mika Song in French: "Elle me dit"

mellody

I'm not going to quote everyone. That would take all day :naughty:

But no, he's not really an international megastar, not in the States at least. The few people I know who had heard of him knew Grace Kelly, and that was about it. He just hasn't been here enough to get a substantial fanbase. It kind of stinks for the fans he has here, but I don't resent the fact that he goes where the support (and $$$). Heck, I'd probably do the same thing. And lets face it, the US and UK get plenty of famous artists coming through and the rest of the world gets zilch a lot of the time. In a way, it's nice to see the rest of the world have some fun, too :aah:

If he wants to have some fun in French, he's welcome to it as far as I'm concerned. It's maybe not his finest work ever, but I don't need every song to be a perfectly crafted Mona Lisa of a song. There have been quite a few doodles on napkins that I enjoyed more than any million dollar painting. Let the boy have his fun :wub2:

Guy, you're totally right about the problems of translation and the different layers a word can have in its own language.

Now a few answers to your post:

We don't say "contente" for a song in France neither, even if we can understand what he means. A person is contente, not something abstract.:wink2:

But we do say "taper dans un ballon" and not "sur un ballon" and we do say "sur internet" in France. There are a few differences between Canadian French and French French :naughty:

see? :roftl: difference between Quebec french & France french!

Love it! :naughty:

So basically, there is only 1 thing wrong then? it still should have been corrected before recording :roftl:

I think he's Irish isn't he?

Lady In Red, and Spaceman Came Travelling. I remember him:wink2:

so there you have it! i never really looked up if he was Irish or British :naughty: and my ear does not hear the difference when he is singing. Maybe if i heard him talking, it would be different.

What about Patricia the Stripper? :das:

i saw him in concert once, 2nd row, sitting down, same venue as Mika :aah: he was GREAT!

twitter_logo_01_bigger.png'ROGER'

Alice... really??? i never thought i'd have to say this to you, but since when is not agreeing with you calling you a stump? and if you have something to say, then please say it with words and stop this picture sillyness. They are not adding to this verbal conversation.

Who?

Me?

Je sais pas meme ce quoi edible veut dire...:dunno:

:mf_rosetinted:

mangeable :roftl:

So basically, there is only 1 thing wrong then? it still should have been corrected before recording :roftl:

Well...it's not Mika's fault. It's "her" fault, "she" said that... :shun:

:roftl::roftl:

But i don't think anyone should feel offended by him doing a french song or 2. nobody said he is taking that road yet.

To me, this is just like a sidedish you get in a restaurant. :naughty: It may not be what you prefered, but it was included with the price of your meal :aah:

**NOW BEFORE WONKA GETS ON MY CASE, I AM NOT SAYING THAT MIKA IS EDIBLE** :sneaky2:

bah, no, I´m not offended cause he is doing songs in french. I just think that to please France, he can do LOTS of things. And since first of all he´s English, he should have released a single in English, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT on the other hand, reading the translation of interviews Roxane did, I feel as if he was... I won´t say "forced" but I do understand that it wasn´t his idea, to release that song at that very moment. Just IMO of course.

It´s super nice of him being cute with France and stuff, cause seriously, I can´t believe they decided to release that single due to sell more tickets for a gig because:

1) If he is THAT loved in France, tickets should have been sold at this time without needing a single :mf_rosetinted:

2) It´s a bit late, no?? I mean, for what I read in the Compiegne thread, the A Category tickets are already sold so, are they releasing a single in order to make people buy tickets for a gig to see Mika 48979847548937 km far from front row?

And what is more odd... I was thinking about Mika singing in Spanish and honestly... In my mind it sucked :aah: So it´s not that now I want a song in Spanish (even I asked him that on twitter :mf_rosetinted:), cause it would be odd, but in French, I can´t get a word, I tried to read it and I can´t, so, I won´t sing along that song if he decided to play it in Porto or Benidorm.

@ Guy: personally I'm convinced it's "gai", and for us in France "gai" has often the meaning of "tipsy or merry". If I were Mika, to avoid the speculation and silly questions AGAIN, I would have sung "t'es défoncé ou bourré?" :aah:

Now, peace everybody :mf_rosetinted: Nobody should feel betrayed or worried because Mika's French fans are just happy and flattered that he composed a song in French.That's all. France is a bit like Mika's childhood sweetheart, isn't it :naughty:? But we do not want him to stop singing in English at all. As Guylaine said, it's a bonus, regarded as a gift.

mangeable :roftl:

I cannot resist when i'm asked so politely...:mf_rosetinted:

mikachicken.jpg

but edible is also a word, meaning comestible, mangeable etc...

am i pulling a "Mika" here? :roftl:

Yeah, you are...:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: well, i suppose, technically, you are correct :aah:

bah, no, I´m not offended cause he is doing songs in french. I just think that to please France, he can do LOTS of things. And since first of all he´s English, he should have released a single in English, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT on the other hand, reading the translation of interviews Roxane did, I feel as if he was... I won´t say "forced" but I do understand that it wasn´t his idea, to release that song at that very moment. Just IMO of course.

It´s super nice of him being cute with France and stuff, cause seriously, I can´t believe they decided to release that single due to sell more tickets for a gig because:

1) If he is THAT loved in France, tickets should have been sold at this time without needing a single :mf_rosetinted:

2) It´s a bit late, no?? I mean, for what I read in the Compiegne thread, the A Category tickets are already sold so, are they releasing a single in order to make people buy tickets for a gig to see Mika 48979847548937 km far from front row?

And what is more odd... I was thinking about Mika singing in Spanish and honestly... In my mind it sucked :aah: So it´s not that now I want a song in Spanish (even I asked him that on twitter :mf_rosetinted:), cause it would be odd, but in French, I can´t get a word, I tried to read it and I can´t, so, I won´t sing along that song if he decided to play it in Porto or Benidorm.

:shocked:

A Spanish song????

I'd LLUUURRVVV that!!!

It would be called: "Ella me a dicho, cono, hostia, de puta madre!"

@ Guy: personally I'm convinced it's "gai", and for us in France "gai" has often the meaning of "tipsy or merry". If I were Mika, to avoid the speculation and silly questions AGAIN, I would have sung "t'es défoncé ou bourré?" :aah:

Now, peace everybody :mf_rosetinted: Nobody should feel betrayed or worried because Mika's French fans are just happy and flattered that he composed a song in French.That's all. France is a bit like Mika's childhood sweetheart, isn't it :naughty:? But we do not want him to stop singing in English at all. As Guylaine said, it's a bonus, regarded as a gift.

Tais toi, you lucky bastard!:mf_rosetinted:

I'm moving to France...:mf_rosetinted:

Alice... really??? i never thought i'd have to say this to you, but since when is not agreeing with you calling you a stump? and if you have something to say, then please say it with words and stop this picture sillyness. They are not adding to this verbal conversation.

OK, so why this 'discussion' not on this thread?

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25960

I cannot resist when i'm asked so politely...:mf_rosetinted:

mikachicken.jpg

Yeah, you are...:mf_rosetinted:

:shocked:

A Spanish song????

I'd LLUUURRVVV that!!!

It would be called: "Ella me a dicho, cono, hostia, de puta madre!"

:floor: :floor: thank God MFC doesn´t recognise "some" words in Spanish, huh?? otherwise your post would had looked like "Ella me ha dicho, ****.*****,de ***** madre" :mf_rosetinted:

oh, just to let you all know, first time Mika sang in any other language that wasn´t English, it was Spanish when he sang "La Macarena" at a festival :shun:

:aah: :aah:

Now, peace everybody :mf_rosetinted: Nobody should feel betrayed or worried because Mika's French fans are just happy and flattered that he composed a song in French.That's all. France is a bit like Mika's childhood sweetheart, isn't it :naughty:? But we do not want him to stop singing in English at all. As Guylaine said, it's a bonus, regarded as a gift.[/QUOTE]

that was said good^^.

I don`t understand much French but I still love it:teehee: . Can`t wait for more:aah::wub2:

oh, just to let you all know, first time Mika sang in any other language that wasn´t English, it was Spanish when he sang "La Macarena" at a festival

I'll have to search this moment of glory with google! :aah:

oh i think it's way too early for an English single to be released. He doesn't have time to support this yet. This requires alot more work, as this would be International.

I also think the french release was a last minute thing & yes, i think it will help the sale of his tickets. they are not all sold, as far as i know. yes, he is mega in France, but he hasn't done anything for a long time... far from the eyes, far from the heart applies there too :naughty:

This song and the attention it got in France will help him. Plus, he doesn't have to work as hard to support it. It's a concentrated area, it was probably suggested to him, for that reason.

Think of this song as something to refresh the french public's mind :naughty:

oh i think it's way too early for an English single to be released. He doesn't have time to support this yet. This requires alot more work, as this would be International.

I also think the french release was a last minute thing & yes, i think it will help the sale of his tickets. they are not all sold, as far as i know. yes, he is mega in France, but he hasn't done anything for a long time... far from the eyes, far from the heart applies there too :naughty:

This song and the attention it got in France will help him. Plus, he doesn't have to work as hard to support it. It's a concentrated area, it was probably suggested to him, for that reason.

Think of this song as something to refresh the french public's mind :naughty:

In this case, if it´s just to "promote" him in France, then I do want a song in Spanish. We all know he can speak Spanish :mf_rosetinted:

This song has a new sound and it's the first single he's ever done in French. It shows that he's not afraid to try new things and that he doesnt stay in the same (safe) place for too long. And that proves once again that he's a true artist:wub2:
Just wanted to show you guys that even with this "different" sound, the piano soul is still very Mika :naughty:

I don’t think it is a different sound at all from the outdated 80s pop he had for the singles of his second album. The only thing that has changed is that Mika’s voice is distorted now and I don’t understand the lyrics :dunno:

Maybe it will end up being like Rain, I only started liking it FOR REAL after I've listened to it live. :wink2:

That basically means you did not like the way the song was produced. At gigs he played a different mix of Rain that made it sound like a 90’s dance anthem. I agree it sounds better live than on the album.

I actually like Elle Me Dit as a song and I realise a different production would have made a huge difference to it. At the moment it sounds like the music to some 80’s computer game. :naughty: But what do I know? Maybe that sound is popular in France right now :dunno:

Let's not forget this is for the French audience and if now thousands rush to buy some more tickets for Compiegne, then it was worth it. As a bonus track on the album, it passes but I hope the main tracks on the album will be more progressive in sound.

I like silly French pop songs but I don't admit listening to them :teehee:

Edited by suzie

No he's a polite, well educated person ::

Oh is he?

I can't count by my feet toes and my fingers the times he says the f word in every gig...:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl::roftl: I love you swearing!

I swear all the time...

but in spanish so i won't get censored...:mf_rosetinted:

:floor: :floor: thank God MFC doesn´t recognise "some" words in Spanish, huh?? otherwise your post would had looked like "Ella me ha dicho, ****.*****,de ***** madre" :mf_rosetinted:

oh, just to let you all know, first time Mika sang in any other language that wasn´t English, it was Spanish when he sang "La Macarena" at a festival :shun:

:aah: :aah:

Thank God i don't work on tv coz evry other word i'd say would have a piiiii on it...:mf_rosetinted:

Heeeeeeeeee, Macarena!:mf_rosetinted: