New Mika Song in French: "Elle me dit"

mellody

That good, huh? I can't comment as I haven't yet summoned up the enthusiasm to listen to it.

I've listened to it twice, one is the recorded version, one is the live in Romania, and I'm done.

I'm ready for next chapter, thanks Mika, when you' re ready.

As for the other lyrics that were mentioned earlier, 'lonely is so lonely alone' has always made sense to me and even found it really expressive way of writing about one being totally left on their own (not only without a partner but also having shut the world out completely) but I am not sure how it sounds to native speaker.

Lyric-wise, to me the most annoying part in a Mika song is the line 'Here's another reason why you shouldn't eat fish' :blink: I just can't get used to it. While grammatically there is nothing wrong with that, it is at odds with the rest of the lyrics that are all poetic and describe a legend. It is similar to watching something really sad in a movie and someone hiccups. You just don't know whether to laugh or cry, except that it does not happen in movies unless it is a grotesque one. :freak:

As for the French lyrics to EMD, I don’t care if they are correct or not. It is just a silly song that do not require the understanding of the lyrics to enjoy the beat. I have just seen the live debut of the song on the Bucharest gig thread and it seems to me that he does not particularly care about this song, either, otherwise he would have put a bit more effort into performing it live.

I quoted you, because I wanted to comment about these issues myself and it's easier this way. Firstly, "lonely is so lonely alone" has always made sense to me, too. I don't care if it's actually good language, because in lyrics it doesn't matter. There is more freedom than in writing in general. I'm sure Mika can speak English properly, and if something is not correct it's done on purpose (he is using his freedom). I understand it can bother native speaker, of course, if it's not a typical expression at all.

About Lady Jane, for me it's the whole point there is this random weird sentence in the story :teehee: I can't see Mika singing an old traditional legend without something "special weird" in it. That's the reason I love it (and of course his voice in it).

And thirdly, I agree about Elle me dit. I was really surprised people reacted so strongly after it was released :blink: It's a bonus track. He had an idea and he did this song quickly. It can't be the most important song in the album. It would be too early to release those songs yet. It's kind of a "summer song". It will never be my favorite song, but I enjoy it because it's catchy and it makes me smile after waiting new music so long.

I like the idea he is writing in French. In the future he might do it more (I hope so) and it will probably be something extra again, not the whole big album. I'm happy he is out of studio, giving interviews and doing festivals, whatever the language is. There will be a quiet period before the album is out, so I want to enjoy all this in a positive way.

Edited by tiibet

I've listened to it twice, one is the recorded version, one is the live in Romania, and I'm done.

I want to like/love his songs. I am a bit afraid I won't so I delay listening. I so want the new songs to hit me right between the eyes again.

And thirdly, I agree about Elle me dit. I was really surprised people reacted so strongly after it was released :blink: It's a bonus track. He had an idea and he did this song quickly. It can't be the most important song in the album. It would be too early to release those songs yet. It's kind of a "summer song". It will never be my favorite song, but I enjoy it because it's catchy and it makes me smile after waiting new music so long.

I like the idea he is writing in French. In the future he might do it more (I hope so) and it will probably be something extra again, not the whole big album. I'm happy he is out of studio, giving interviews and doing festivals, whatever the language is. There will be a quiet period before the album is out, so I want to enjoy all this in a positive way :wub2:

Excuse my cynicism but it seems to me like the gig tickets aren't selling well. Answer? Quickly release a song in French, that'll get them in through the gates.

they "shouldn´t" do it, but clearly they do.....

This actually reminds me a story in which Robbie (and I think also Mark) from Take That were interviewed on MTV's Most Wanted by Ray Cokes. They were both acting rather silly, telling Ray how Gary Barlow involved them in the song writing process when he came into their room and said he was looking for words ending '-ing' :blink:

:lmao:

(...and I thought 'what an idiot - you can put an -ing after any verb' :roftl:)

sorry for being off topic. I really like this story. :naughty: The song was 'Sure' btw.

Edited by suzie

Excuse my cynicism but it seems to me like the gig tickets aren't selling well. Answer? Quickly release a song in French, that'll get them in through the gates.

why cynicism?? It´s clearly the truth... :blink:

This actually reminds me a story in which Robbie (and I think also Mark) from Take That were interviewed on MTV's Most Wanted by Ray Cokes. They were both acting rather silly, telling Ray how Gary Barlow involved them in the song writing process when he came into their room and said he was looking for words ending '-ing' :blink:

:lmao:

(...and I thought 'what an idioot - you can put an -ing after any verb' :roftl:)

sorry for being off topic. I really like this story. :naughty: The song was 'Sure' btw.

:aah: that´s what I mean... if they can´t find the correct word, they just add -ing and problem solved :aah:

Well I'm sure there is a purpose for the timing and releasing it now :naughty: I guess it was meant to support Compiegne and also tell his French fans he is still there, making music. And maybe that's the reason it was done in a hurry. But I think he genuinely wants to try writing in French, too. I hope so.

I don't think it's a bad song, not at all. It's a catchy summer song, and as I said, it makes me smile. But I think (and hope) that it doesn't tell anything about the album.

I did the same thing. But the live version I didn't have the courage to hear till the end of it. :blink:

I'm waiting for something good and something more like Mika. :blink:

Of course, but usually on this forum the majority don't want to hear it or acknowledge it.

I hope things are changing.. it´s not "bad" to admit that he is just a human being doing things that other singers do too....

I did the same thing. But the live version I didn't have the courage to hear till the end of it. :blink:

I'm waiting for something good and something more like Mika. :blink:

It will be perfect live, you´ll see....

Well I'm sure there is a purpose for the timing and releasing it now :naughty: I guess it was meant to support Compiegne and also tell his French fans he is still there, making music. And maybe that's the reason it was done in a hurry. But I think he wants to try writing in French, too. I hope so.

I don't think it's a bad song, not at all. It's a catchy summer song, and as I said, it makes me smile. But I think (and hope) that it doesn't tell anything about the album.

Exactly my thoughts...

He's been saying for over a year that he wants to try writing songs in French.

OK, it's not the most researched song but it,s not a piece of trash either.

An probably no indication of what the album will sound like:mf_rosetinted:

Of course, but usually on this forum the majority don't want to hear it or acknowledge it.

I can perfectly understand he is working in the music business, even it looks he wants to forget it sometimes, lol :teehee:

Well I'm sure there is a purpose for the timing and releasing it now :naughty: I guess it was meant to support Compiegne and also tell his French fans he is still there, making music. And maybe that's the reason it was done in a hurry. But I think he genuinely wants to try writing in French, too. I hope so.

I am sure he does genuinely want to write in French. They pay for it. He has to eat.

It often seems as if he's not much bothered about the non French fans knowing he's still there or perhaps he just expects us to love whatever he does.

For me at the moment, he is really going to have to pull it out of the bag with this new album.

Okay I think I finally understand what you (and probably Camille too) are saying :doh: I have been hearing this lyric for 4.5 years now so it's hard to adopt a fresh perspective. :naughty:

So with much, much reading between the lines it would be...

Lonel(iness) is(/feels) so (much more) lonely (when you're living) alone.

Oh yeeeih! :groupwave:

Yup. That's how I interpret/feel that sentence!

Also, I get the entire "Argh I don't get it! what the *** does it mean???" quite often too. It's really annoying... So I'm happy if we've managed to make the sentence a bit more understandable.

Toyboy does have more complete lyrics indeed. But I actually prefer the slightly more confusing ones as I find them more interesting.

I am sure he does genuinely want to write in French. They pay for it. He has to eat.

It often seems as if he's not much bothered about the non French fans knowing he's still there or perhaps he just expects us to love whatever he does.

For me at the moment, he is really going to have to pull it out of the bag with this new album.

Maybe this album, with all those producers hanging around him is not as super mega amazing as you would expect... But I really think it can be good enough to make you listen to it...

Oh yeeeih! :groupwave:

Yup. That's how I interpret/feel that sentence!

Also, I get the entire "Argh I don't get it! what the *** does it mean???" quite often too. It's really annoying... So I'm happy if we've managed to make the sentence a bit more understandable.

Toyboy does have more complete lyrics indeed. But I actually prefer the slightly more confusing ones as I find them more interesting.

Can anyone explain to me what does "I´ll say nothing on your microphone till you swear to take me home" :mf_rosetinted: mean??

It will be perfect live, you´ll see....

I really don't like it and I don't see how this could change. :blink:

Actually I'm not worried for not liking the song, but if I start to think in a few things that bothered me in the past and a few things that are changing right now, I can tell that I'm not happy and excited for Porto and Benidorm.

But this is a sensible subject and I prefer to not develop this. :teehee:

Yes, he does it for living. I can't see it is bad thing he is making money with his work? But I want to believe he does music because he loves it. Maybe this is different for me because he can't much care if he has fans in Finland or not. So I don't take it personally if he writes in French or in English... It's his voice I love, and I think the new album will be amazing.

(And I must add that I don't just blindly think everything he does is amazing. This time he just seems to be very ambitious and he clearly wants to try new things. He can be quite brilliant if he wants to, as you all know, so I have a feeling the new album will be good. I always have my favorite songs, I don't mind if I don't love every song equally, and usually I enjoy all his songs live.)

Edited by tiibet

Yes, he does it for living. I can't see it is bad thing he is making money with his work? But I want to believe he does music because he loves it. Maybe this is different for me because he can't much care if he has fans in Finland or not. So I don't take it personally if he writes in French or in English... It's his voice I love, and I think the new album will be amazing.

No, I expect him to use his business head, as I said, he has to eat. But the French thing really doesn't do it for me so if he continues in this vein - for whatever reason, I can't see it appealing to me.

Let's face it tiibet, you just love him a lot more than I do.

No, I expect him to use his business head, as I said, he has to eat. But the French thing really doesn't do it for me so if he continues in this vein - for whatever reason, I can't see it appealing to me.

Let's face it tiibet, you just love him a lot more than I do.

Hahah, I just edited my previous post and added that I don't love blindly everything he does. I'm optimistic, I can't help it :roftl:

Can anyone explain to me what does "I´ll say nothing on your microphone till you swear to take me home" :mf_rosetinted: mean??

:wags_finger:

Okay, so what do you make of "no need to fantasize since I was in my braces."

I don't think those lyrics were only his effort though...They can't have been as he doesn't even remember them now :roftl:

That's why I am so pleased that he is still hanging around Jodi Marr. :blush-anim-cl:

As for the other lyrics that were mentioned earlier, 'lonely is so lonely alone' has always made sense to me and even found it really expressive way of writing about one being totally left on their own (not only without a partner but also having shut the world out completely) but I am not sure how it sounds to native speaker.

Lyric-wise, to me the most annoying part in a Mika song is the line 'Here's another reason why you shouldn't eat fish' :blink: I just can't get used to it. While grammatically there is nothing wrong with that, it is at odds with the rest of the lyrics that are all poetic and describe a legend. It is similar to watching something really sad in a movie and someone hiccups. You just don't know whether to laugh or cry, except that it does not happen in movies unless it is a grotesque one. :freak:

As for the French lyrics to EMD, I don’t care if they are correct or not. It is just a silly song that do not require the understanding of the lyrics to enjoy the beat. I have just seen the live debut of the song on the Bucharest gig thread and it seems to me that he does not particularly care about this song, either, otherwise he would have put a bit more effort into performing it live.

Yes, that is exactly my sentiment regarding that line in Lady Jane :doh:

That's the reason why i don't really like that song. I can't find anything poetic and cute about fish. And I find that sentence awful :naughty:

I want to like/love his songs. I am a bit afraid I won't so I delay listening. I so want the new songs to hit me right between the eyes again.

Well, I do love it :naughty: but it's just a fun summer/dancy song... no deep meaning to it.

Once he has a huge repertoire, he won't bother with it, unless he is in a french part of the world. I'd love to hear it live.

That's the reason why i don't really like that song. I can't find anything poetic and cute about fish. And I find that sentence awful :naughty:

Well, I do love it :naughty: but it's just a fun summer/dancy song... no deep meaning to it.

Once he has a huge repertoire, he won't bother with it, unless he is in a french part of the world. I'd love to hear it live.

I'm doubtful about the trend beginning with WAG (which was a huge disappointment to me), passing through Kick ass, and now this song.

There's no evolution from LICM, just a collapse.

oh, yes. If you want something special and / or outstanding then this song is not for you. It is merely a bonus track that the majority may not like.

Funnily enough I do, but only the way I like really silly and idiotic pop songs. (:teehee:) However, it still feels really awkward to know it is from someone who wrote songs like Happy Ending, Over My Shoulder and Toy Boy...

At the same time, I don't for a moment believe that this sound will be characteristic of his third album, so I am not worried....yet :naughty: