REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS - Mika in HUNGARY for the Balaton Sound Festival, 8 July 2011

guylainem123

oh :yikes: Mina!

That is just gorgeous! I bet Mika loved it! :wub2:

How many hours did you work on it?

I hope that was Mika reaction too :naughty:

I work less then a month, I did sketches in May, because I wanted to be really good, and by that time I was preparing my first exhibition and I didn't have much time to work on gift for Mika. I did just sketches and test vest to see can I make that. and I finally start working after June 15. because I didn't want to hurry with that. I work for hours every day, but very slow because I pained textile with a brush. My mom asked me all the time:"You still working on that. Do you really need that much time." But I was scared that I can ruin if I work faster. I can say I worked for a 2 weeks. I am crazy :teehee:

I think we're talkin about longer time...:das:

:thumb_yello:

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But I was scared that I can ruin if I work faster. I can say I worked for a 2 weeks. I am crazy :teehee:

Well I think if you are going to do something you do it right so I don't think it's crazy. :wink2:

is it a big problem with that because I don't know his reaction :sad: ... when gig was over I was in back stage, because I was lollipop girl, and Jasmine asked us if we want Mika to sign something for us and I gave her a pic for autograph and my gift in blue paper bag with a note To Mika from Mina. And she went to gave him our gifts and pics to sign. We won't sure is going to be m&g later and because of that I gave her to have Mika. and I don't know his reaction :sad: But I hope he like it!!

This case is similar to mine - even when I gave him my drawings personally, he was too busy so he had no time to check them, he saw few of them and he seemed to like them, but I can´t remember what he said and i´m a bit sad about that because it meant a lot to me to see his reaction. But that little bit I´ve seen, it sounded like he loved them. So I hope so. And you really don´t need to worry about your gift, he wouldn´t be normal if he didn´t like that!

Well I think if you are going to do something you do it right so I don't think it's crazy. :wink2:

exactly! :blush-anim-cl:

The result is amazing!

Thank you both!!! But when I was telling my friends what I am working on they were :blink::loco: and :thumbdown:

they all were like ... you are making gift for Mika :lmfao: and one of my friends told me the night before gig, when we met: "That is all great, but you need to go and kill yourself :aah: "...

But I my bro was really supportive and at first I was in shock, but he was helpful all that time and that girl who take a pics in studio said that is so cool because I did something like that.

:biggrin2:

I hope next year I'll give him something else made by me.

I didn't mention that vest has a big golden etiquette http://twitpic.com/5kmpdm

Thank you both!!! But when I was telling my friends what I am working on they were :blink::loco: and :thumbdown:

they all were like ... you are making gift for Mika :lmfao: and one of my friends told me the night before gig, when we met: "That is all great, but you need to go and kill yourself :aah: "...

But I my bro was really supportive and at first I was in shock, but he was helpful all that time and that girl who take a pics in studio said that is so cool because I did something like that.

I hope next year I'll give him something else made by me.

I didn't mention that vest has a big golden etiquette http://twitpic.com/5kmpdm

Yes that is really sweet of your brother to help you out. Love the video!

Anyway most friends don't understand a lot of the Mika stuff so you can't worry about that. That's why we have a fan club. :wink2:

Dear MFCares, I wanna to show you something. It's the gift I made for Mika. Some of you saw it when we met on Balaton Festival.

I am fashion and textile designer, and I found Mika's style very inspirative for my work. When I saw that Mika wears almost everything that fans gave him, I needed to make something for our Golden boy.

I just begin to sew and gift for Mika is the first thing I made for men. My brother was a model for the vest (he is a little shorter then Mika). at first I was very scared to start working on a gift and finally I found strength to begin. I had a little help from Anne (@crazyaboutmika) who forward my mail to Eriko (@Kumazzz) who help me a lot. She wrote to me that Mika looks like a female model from Paris fashion week tall 180 cm with heels 10 cm high :roftl:... and she gave me measures for male models. Thank you Eriko :huglove: It was good that at first I made vest for a test to see how it fits. when Eriko told me it's to big for Mika I was all :hair: !!! I started to think I can't make it right. I cried a little :teehee: ...(kidding) Next day I try to make it fits better. My brother was all :"Please don't stab me again and you are boring me with all that fitting". But he was wonderful and most supportive.

My friends from MFC were very supportive all the time.

And, finally one day I start paining patterns. I was very nervous all the time and everybody noticed that because I was tweeting all the time. They were very nice and were telling me that is everything is going to be ok.

I finished all my work on the time ( 3 days before gig on Balaton). Only thing that make me scared is how I am going to give him my gift. But you know the story about that... :wink2:

That is my short :naughty: (not so much) story how I was working on that special gift for Mika.

Thank you for reading that :huglove:

Here you can see a clip I made of pics I took while I was

working and pics my friend took in studio!!!

[YOUTUBE]oqouZBu9CJk[/YOUTUBE]

Mina you did such a great job!!!

• 3 weeks later...