First journalists review of TOOL

That's the best review ever! Especially from someone in the USA. I tried to leave a comment but I couldn't get it to post. I hope others have better luck, because that review deserves some great reactions.

I've been reading, on here, the mixed reactions to Celebrate and it's easy to be nervous about it. But this review makes me feel so good about the song, and the album!

T4P the review Anna.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it does matter who writes the review as anyone can write a blog.

I have just read the Popdust review posted earlier and despite the sarky remarks and jokes the reviewer actually talks about the music and Mika's vocals, summing up how I feel about it:

"It’s hard to imagine what anybody involved in “Celebrate” was thinking. Pharrell doesn’t sound like Pharrell, which’d be remarkable and welcome if what he sounded like instead wasn’t the vaguely uplifting, slight groove you’d play after last call as clubgoers filtered out onto the streets. Mika, meanwhile, swaddles his voice in so much processing he ends up sounding like Adam Levine if he were whispering; he only gets to let loose on ad-libs buried deep in the mix, and the only thing Mika adds that a randomly selected male vocalist wouldn’t is that he doesn’t need pitch-shifting to become a tenor. "

"It might be best, no matter how annoying this practice usually is, for Mika and Pharrell to quietly bury “Celebrate” in favor of a real comeback single. They both deserve better."

http://popdust.com/2012/06/19/mika-pharrell-celebrate-new-song-review/

This reviewer basically acknowledges Mika's vocal talent, does not understand why they buried it in the song and questions Pharell's role in this lightweight comeback single. I must say I agree.

Edited by suzie

That's the best review ever! Especially from someone in the USA. I tried to leave a comment but I couldn't get it to post. I hope others have better luck, because that review deserves some great reactions.

I've been reading, on here, the mixed reactions to Celebrate and it's easy to be nervous about it. But this review makes me feel so good about the song, and the album!

T4P the review Anna.

I posted a comment but it has to be approved. Will check later!