Baby, baby, baby oooh

Like baby, baby, baby nooo

Like baby, baby, baby oooh

I thought you'd always be mine (mine)

Baby, baby, baby oooh

Like baby, baby, baby nooo

Like baby, baby, baby oooh

I thought you'd always be mine (mine)

This is not lyrics. This is Tourette's Syndrome without profanity.

OH TEH LULZ.

W7Tcv.gif

Now that that's out of the way, I'd like to add that I actually listen to 'Baby' every once in a while. But it's only because of this:

Although I make fun of him, like Deb I have one or two of his songs, they're too catchy and sometimes you have to listen to them just to get them out of your head (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

OH TEH LULZ.

W7Tcv.gif

Now that that's out of the way, I'd like to add that I actually listen to 'Baby' every once in a while. But it's only because of this:

Haha agreed. Its quite odd indeed that you can know all the lyrics to a song you can't stand (such is my relationship with Baby :aah:)

Wow 3 pages already! Obviously there's some Bieber Fever goin on here! :mikacool:

Where's a mod when you want one lol :teehee:

Sorry half the mods are Canadian and we support our boy. canadian-flag-15.gif

Baby, I hate days like this

When it rain and rain and rain and rains

More than this

Baby, I hate days like

'Nuff said. :mf_rosetinted:

Wow 3 pages already! Obviously there's some Bieber Fever goin on here! :mikacool:

Sorry half the mods are Canadian and we support our boy. canadian-flag-15.gif

'Nuff said. :mf_rosetinted:

Well....ummm..... At least Mika writes his own songs :aah:

And doesn't look about 12.... :mf_rosetinted:

Okay well I'm gonna play devil's advocate (as I'm often keen on doing) The problem with Justin Beiber is not in him or his music, I think. I saw the little movie about him awhile back, he's killer on drums (or so said my dad who's played quite a while) His main issue is those fangurls. They're all young and ridiculous and crazy for him, and as we know that type of behavior isn't exactly the most favorable, is it? Point no. 2- He came to fame pretty darn fast to begin with. Same as with Twilight. And now people seem to regret that it even happened. Same with twilight. Lesson to be learned here: don't get overexcited, young fangurls, and make decisions the whole earth seems to mourn. :mf_rosetinted:

Okay well I'm gonna play devil's advocate (as I'm often keen on doing) The problem with Justin Beiber is not in him or his music' date=' I think. I saw the little movie about him awhile back, he's killer on drums (or so said my dad who's played quite a while) [b']His main issue is those fangurls.[/b] They're all young and ridiculous and crazy for him, and as we know that type of behavior isn't exactly the most favorable, is it? Point no. 2- He came to fame pretty darn fast to begin with. Same as with Twilight. And now people seem to regret that it even happened. Same with twilight. Lesson to be learned here: don't get overexcited, young fangurls, and make decisions the whole earth seems to mourn. :mf_rosetinted:

YES. (Amanda Swaggie on Twitter for example :mf_rosetinted: she said the fail of the year was when 'they said Beyonce comes from Houston when she actually comes from Texas' :doh:)

Though when asked his views on abortion he said he was against it, then the interviewer asked 'What about in cases of rape?' and he said '*pause* err... well everything happens for a reason...'

and he called the Sistine Chapel the sixteen chapel.

they certainly don't help my liking of him :mf_rosetinted:

YES. (Amanda Swaggie on Twitter for example :mf_rosetinted: she said the fail of the year was when 'they said Beyonce comes from Houston when she actually comes from Texas' :doh:)

Though when asked his views on abortion he said he was against it, then the interviewer asked 'What about in cases of rape?' and he said '*pause* err... well everything happens for a reason...'

and he called the Sistine Chapel the sixteen chapel.

they certainly don't help my liking of him :mf_rosetinted:

Oh this brings me to something. Exactly how old is he again? For purposes of conversation, I'd like to know. Being 14 myself I need to grasp an understanding of how he could possibly have such an uninformed opinion as it comes to such a prevalent issue.

Oh this brings me to something. Exactly how old is he again? For purposes of conversation' date=' I'd like to know. Being 14 myself I need to grasp an understanding of how he could possibly have such an uninformed opinion as it comes to such a prevalent issue.[/quote']

He is born in 1994, if I'm not completely mistaken.

(Why do I know that again? :mikacool: )

Oh this brings me to something. Exactly how old is he again? For purposes of conversation' date=' I'd like to know. Being 14 myself I need to grasp an understanding of how he could possibly have such an uninformed opinion as it comes to such a prevalent issue.[/quote']

i think he's about a year younger than me roundabout so say about 18...? :aah:

i checked, he's 18. :wink2:

i think he's about a year younger than me roundabout so say about 18...? :aah:

:doh::doh::doh: Oh my gosh. Musicians are certainly no politicians, nor theorists, but shouldn't it be... Isn't it a useful thing to have views on this? I mean, even Miss America has to answer questions like that. Doesn't this make Miss America more informed than Justin Beiber??? :aah:

His opinion has been informed by his religious beliefs, much like the opinions going on in the other thread. He was raised by a single mother in a small Canadian town and he has been working (as opposed to attending a regular school) since he was about your age.

Not everyone can grow up in multi-million-pound homes in London and Paris and summer in Italy, Spain, New York and Beijing in between attending a £20K per year private school.

And not everyone whines about their poor childhood either. :mikacool:

Okay now this made me laugh. :lmfao::doh:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/08/03/group-offers-justin-bieber-a-lesson-in-native-history-after-singers-free-gas-remarks/

Bieber, who was born in Stratford, Ont., appears on the cover of the August issue of Rolling Stone. Inside, he claims his Aboriginal heritage means he can fill up his car’s tank for free.

“I’m actually part Indian,” he tells the magazine. “I think Inuit or something. I’m enough percent that in Canada I can get free gas.”

Not everyone can grow up in multi-million-pound homes in London and Paris and summer in Italy, Spain, New York and Beijing in between attending a £20K per year private school.

You forgot meetings with Dalai Lama :mikacool:

His opinion has been informed by his religious beliefs, much like the opinions going on in the other thread. He was raised by a single mother in a small Canadian town and he has been working (as opposed to attending a regular school) since he was about your age.

And not everyone whines about their poor childhood either. :mikacool:

That's absolutely a correct statement. However- I disagree that people should simply go with what they're told without questioning anything. It would be fine had he at least formed an opinion, because whether or not I agreed he would have that going for him. I have nothing against him personally, or his music, but if you're trying to gain positive publicity you may as least have something prepared, he's 18. :aah: I'd LOVE to be working as a musician, and have recorded music, and I know how hard that work is to accomplish. I'm certainly not rich, don't attend private school- heck, I don't even get good grades. But in all honesty certain things are important, very important, and it's quite useful to be prepared for situations in which you may be asked about them.

That's absolutely a correct statement. However- I disagree that people should simply go with what they're told without questioning anything. It would be fine had he at least formed an opinion' date=' because whether or not I agreed he would have that going for him. I have nothing against him personally, or his music, but if you're trying to gain positive publicity you may as least have something prepared, he's 18. :aah: I'd LOVE to be working as a musician, and have recorded music, and I know how hard that work is to accomplish. I'm certainly not rich, don't attend private school- heck, I don't even get good grades. But in all honesty certain things are important, very important, and it's quite useful to be prepared for situations in which you may be asked about them.[/quote']

He wasn't 18 when he made that statement. People are judging him based on things he said when he was a child. In any case just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean he was unprepared. If that's what he believes, that's what he believes. :dunno: In addition to being a born again Christian he is also the child of a very young unwed mother so I can imagine that his opinions about abortion are also related to his own circumstances and not just brainwashing.

And I daresay his positive publicity is surpassing just about everyone's in pop music. He was making $100 million a year when he was 16 years old so he doesn't have anything to worry about there. :wink2:

I don't understand why with all the idiots in the world, many of them politicians, spouting all kinds of offensive, hateful and dangerous comments, that people are all over this kid every time he says something.

Even if he's a moron who cares? He's just making music. If people ask him inappropriately politically loaded questions then they deserve the answers they get. Since he has the potential to stock the Supreme Court with judges one day, people should be worrying about what Mitt Romney thinks of abortion, not Justin Bieber. Justin Bieber's opinions are not going to overturn Roe v Wade.

I always wished that Mika had been out from day one because the gay arguments did my head in. But at the end of the day it's not his job to go out in public and make political statements. He's just a musician.

Edit: It isn't that I didn't like the answer, it's simply what he said of abortion as related to rape (which was nothing, effectively...)

He wasn't 18 when he made that statement. People are judging him based on things he said when he was a child. In any case just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean he was unprepared. If that's what he believes, that's what he believes. :dunno: In addition to being a born again Christian he is also the child of a very young unwed mother so I can imagine that his opinions about abortion are also related to his own circumstances and not just brainwashing.

And I daresay his positive publicity is surpassing just about everyone's in pop music. He was making $100 million a year when he was 16 years old so he

doesn't have anything to worry about there. :wink2:

I don't understand why with all the idiots in the world, many of them politicians, spouting all kinds of offensive, hateful and dangerous comments, that people are all over this kid every time he says something.

Even if he's a moron who cares? He's just making music. If people ask him inappropriately politically loaded questions then they deserve the answers they get. Since he has the potential to stock the Supreme Court with judges one day, people should be worrying about what Mitt Romney thinks of abortion, not Justin Bieber. Justin Bieber's opinions are not going to overturn Roe v Wade.

I always wished that Mika had been out from day one because the gay arguments did my head in. But at the end of the day it's not his job to go out in public and make political statements. He's just a musician.

Beautifully said! :thumb_yello: I agree with you most definitely. Sometimes people don't think beyond the question at hand... What I said was based on his inability to make a statement, although I failed to see that not everyone (especially someone who works around the clock) can be immediately prepared to answer such an 'out-there' question. If we're being honest I'm not exactly used to not being prepared, because I have no life outside of myself. Well I do, but quickly it becomes something I regret. I'm not gonna get a psychological. Also I must admit, I shouldn't even have been arguing the point I have been... In the end all of these debate-type arguments seem to end in 'what's the point, look see it didn't matter' type statements. These conversations are more practice for disagreeing with someone than anything, social interactions for the purpose of understanding the nature of human thought... Maybe I'm wrong to feel like an experiment but in any case it's of a high degree of interest to me, I love to debate... Well anyhow your 'there was no point' argument makes its case in certainty. And as for the other questions you brought up, I could answer them a multitude of ways, and it would probably boil down the same way, so...

Edit: It isn't that I didn't like the answer' date=' it's simply what he said of abortion as related to rape (which was nothing, effectively...)[/quote']

He said nothing because it is such a ridiculously loaded question that he probably found it impossible to answer with honesty and without causing extreme offense to some people. And why would he be prepared for this particular question that no one should have asked him?

Mika is 10 years older and no one has ever asked him anything like that that I am aware of. For many years Mika effectively said nothing about anything that was politically or religiously controversial. He wouldn't even respond to questions about his own sexual orientation.

Again I just don't understand why everyone holds Justin Bieber to some ridiculous standard that no one else has to live up to. Don't ask him stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

He said nothing because it is such a ridiculously loaded question that he probably found it impossible to answer with honesty and without causing extreme offense to some people. And why would he be prepared for this particular question that no one should have asked him?

Mika is 10 years older and no one has ever asked him anything like that that I am aware of. For many years Mika effectively said nothing about anything that was politically or religiously controversial. He wouldn't even respond to questions about his own sexual orientation.

Again I just don't understand why everyone holds Justin Bieber to some ridiculous standard that no one else has to live up to. Don't ask him stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

I so agree. I think it's that the more someone is in the public eye, the more is expected of them. However I'm not 100% sure why someone would ask him that, I mean really. What was he expected to say, spurt out a lengthy opinion complete with huge adjectives? I he was so inclined he may have been something other than a musician. I think the reason that his opinion is so highly under inspection has to do with the fanbase- in my experience many fans are young girls whose parents, I'm sure, are holding him to a high standard to make sure he doesn't set any bad impressions.