Justin Bieber thread!

RayaBadran

Again I just don't understand why everyone holds Justin Bieber to some ridiculous standard that no one else has to live up to. Don't ask him stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

Why people working for the media ask him these questions and make him look stupid when he doesn't know how to answer them? I honestly don't know. Maybe they ask him difficult questions because he's someone a lot of young people look up to and they want to know more about his political views, for example.

Why normal people make fun of him? He's an easy target, so to speak. He's very successful for an 18-year-old and obviously there are a lot of people who don't like him or are jealous because of what he has achieved. In other words...

haters+gonna+hate+pika+style_59edf8_3431849.gif

:teehee:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the reason that his opinion is so highly under inspection has to do with the fanbase- in my experience many fans are young girls whose parents' date=' I'm sure, are holding him to a high standard to make sure he doesn't set any bad impressions.[/quote']

That's why that question was so loaded it was impossible for him to answer. If he said you could make an exception in the case of rape the pro-lifers would have flipped out and if he was unequivocal about there being no exceptions because it's god's will (which is probably what he really thinks) then anyone who has feminist leanings (even if they are not particularly pro abortion) is going to be outraged.

It was an inappropriate, irrelevant question designed to entrap him into saying something controversial.

That's why that question was so loaded it was impossible for him to answer. If he said you could make an exception in the case of rape the pro-lifers would have flipped out and if he was unequivocal about there being no exceptions because it's god's will (which is probably what he really thinks) then anyone who has feminist leanings (even if they are not particularly pro abortion) is going to be outraged.

It was an inappropriate, irrelevant question designed to entrap him into saying something controversial.

agreebyrd.gif

That's very true. You know at this point the entire conversation had nothing to do with his music,..

That's very true. You know at this point the entire conversation had nothing to do with his music' date='..[/quote']

I am not really interested in his music. I've got a couple of songs on my ipod like everyone else and that's it.

I'm more interested in this sort of phenomenon of his success and how he and his team have managed to do everything right in the age of social media. They are amazingly good to his fans but are also manipulating people in a very overt way. It's a win-win situation and seems to work for everyone involved.

The same thing is happening with Mika but it's much less calculated (I think) and the approach is more impulsive and sort of haphazard. I know a lot of the things that Mika does come from the heart and I tend to think that about JB too but I don't really have a sense of what's going on there because I don't "know" the people involved like I "know" Mika & team.

I am not really interested in his music. I've got a couple of songs on my ipod like everyone else and that's it.

I'm more interested in this sort of phenomenon of his success and how he and his team have managed to do everything right in the age of social media. They are amazingly good to his fans but are also manipulating people in a very overt way. It's a win-win situation and seems to work for everyone involved.

The same thing is happening with Mika but it's much less calculated (I think) and the approach is more impulsive and sort of haphazard. I know a lot of the things that Mika does come from the heart and I tend to think that about JB too but I don't really have a sense of what's going on there because I don't "know" the people involved like I "know" Mika & team.

That interests me as well- well, that and the question of if everyone hates on him now how did he get so famous in the first place? I remember at my school in 6th grade he was 'where it's at' and in this past year he's the laughing stock of the entire celebrity 'scene'

That interests me as well- well' date=' that and the question of if everyone hates on him now how did he get so famous in the first place? I remember at my school in 6th grade he was 'where it's at' and in this past year [b']he's the laughing stock of the entire celebrity 'scene'[/b]

But he's pretty much respected by some other artists too... Hey, :offtopic: but, he has soft hands apparently.

I'm pretty surprised we have a Justin Bieber thread here.

Ohh well, I don't like his music much but I respect him as a singer. I don't get all the hate towards him though, to me, he's just a guy living his dream of making music. Well, not that I know him at all besides some of his hits and his name.

I think the thing that creates all the hate towards him is the fangirls. I use twitter and tumblr and I'm fed up by them. While some of them are nice, most of them are really ignorant and think they are the best. They are so protective of their idol that it turns into stupidity, you know, "if u insult Justin Bieber i will kill u" sort of thing. Don't get me talking about that Amanda Bieber on twitter, OMFG. If these girls are just a bit more respectful and all of that, I think the hate would get less.

I checked out his new album and well, I like Die In Your Arms, and Boyfriend is horrible, in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
Did you hear that the finnish fans are crazy? his concert was sold out in mins and ticket was 145€ :aah:

:shocked: Not all the tickets were so expensive but yeah.. they are crazy everywhere. All the other concerts were sold out too :naughty:

Did you hear that the finnish fans are crazy? his concert was sold out in mins and ticket was 145€ :aah:

Oh wow, I hadn't heard about this! :lmfao:

I never had any intention of going to see him but I hope this doesn't get cancelled. For some reason many artists that have dates in Finland seem to cancel them. I was tempted to go see Björk at a festival earlier this month but didn't want to take the risk of buying an expensive ticket for nothing - she has a bit of a habit of cancelling her gigs in Finland at the last minute. :aah: