Mika - 20/09/12 JT 13:00 France 2

Kaito

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot for sharing as always !! @LaraMay you are our star !!

uploaded your file on YT

You're both fantastic, what would we do without you?! :flowers2:

And thanks to Kaito, too, for providing a summary translation! I'm thinking that the singer he mentioned was Joan Baez, BTW. Thanks again! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for uploading it so I could watch it again and understand a bit more of it :teehee:. Did he say he toured for 4 years after the second album?!?

I liked the interviewer, she prepared the interview quite well. For such a short interview, it was really good!

Could someone translate the part that comes after the question at 4:40? I sort of understand, but not quite. And I don't think I've heard anyone ask him that question yet.

And that China Boy part is so beautiful :wub2:

Thanks for uploading it so I could watch it again and understand a bit more of it :teehee:. Did he say he toured for 4 years after the second album?!?

I liked the interviewer, she prepared the interview quite well. For such a short interview, it was really good!

Could someone translate the part that comes after the question at 4:40? I sort of understand, but not quite. And I don't think I've heard anyone ask him that question yet.

And that China Boy part is so beautiful :wub2:

That's when she ask him: "If this CD has ever the same success as your first one - which we wish you - will you handle it the same way as you it back then ? Or will you be more careful and try to protect you more than you used to ?

- I think that what matters is that after having made this CD, I feel like I have creatively catched back the rope and I think it's very important to do other things like, for exemple, now I'd like to produce the CD & the songs of a friend of mine who sings, who sings a bit like Joan Baez (?) and so, I'm going to work on that and I'd maybe like make the soundtrack for some movies and take part in creative projects fo which I can commit myself totally..

And not letting you carried away by the tornado ?

yes, exactly ! And not being completely focus because.. ok.. I have to promote for 2 years only in order that ... Because, in fact, promoting for 2 years cost me something, it seems that when I sit at the piano, once again, maybe it will take some time before getting back to where I used to be, creatively speaking. And that, well, it's hard.

To thank you for coming here, I'll ask you to join your band.. ect~

That's when she ask him: "If this CD has ever the same success as your first one - which we wish you - will you handle it the same way as you it back then ? Or will you be more careful and try to protect you more than you used to ?

- I think that what matters is that after having made this CD, I feel like I have creatively catched back the rope and I think it's very important to do other things like, for exemple, now I'd like to produce the CD & the songs of a friend of mine who sings, who sings a bit like Joan Baez (?) and so, I'm going to work on that and I'd maybe like make the soundtrack for some movies and take part in creative projects fo which I can commit myself totally..

And not letting you carried away by the tornado ?

yes, exactly ! And not being completely focus because.. ok.. I have to promote for 2 years only in order that ... Because, in fact, promoting for 2 years cost me something, it seems that when I sit at the piano, once again, maybe it will take some time before getting back to where I used to be, creatively speaking. And that, well, it's hard.

To thank you for coming here, I'll ask you to join your band.. ect~

Thank you!

I've watched again, and he does say Joan Baez. Does this question mark mean you don't know who Joan Baez is? Oh, I am SO :old:

:naughty:

[YOUTUBE]nnS9M03F-fA[/YOUTUBE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Baez

He also explained that after the tour, he had begun to think about how fans'd react, if people'd like what he was tryign to make and it was destroying his creativity.

Yep, blame it on us fans, Mika! :shun:

It just means he cares about us... if he didn't care, he wouldn't have had any problem forgetting us :mikalove:

The quality of video is better than I watched online. :huglove:

DIRECT LINK for the VIDEO

http://api.dmcloud.net/player/pubpage/4e709e80f325e11e5f000025/505b1a5994a6f64ee700097b/80bf0197b00947928324fd806c09d92c?wmode=direct

logo-culturebox-ftv.jpg

http://www.francetv.fr/culturebox/mika-en-live-avec-celebrate-de-son-nouvel-album-the-origin-of-love-116561

Mika en live avec Celebrate de son nouvel album, The Origin of Love

Mika, jeune homme de 29 ans, a trouvé l'amour. Et, pour partager sa joie, rien de tel que de la raconter en musique. Le troisième album du chanteur, "The Origin of Love", est donc disponible dans les bacs depuis le 17 septembre. Pour l'occasion, Mika était l'invité des 5 dernières minutes du 13h de France 2.

C'est suite à l'énorme succès de son premier CD, Life in Cartoon Motion, qu'était apparu sur le devant de la scène cet auteur-compositeur britannique d'originie libanaise. Son air innocent et ses mélodies pop acidulées avaient littéralement ensorcelé le public, déjà fan du single Relax, Take It Easy. Et après un deuxième album enregistré rapidement et 4 ans de tournée intensive, c'est un Mika plus mûr qui est entré en studio (sous la direction avisée du producteur australien Nick Littlemore), pour nous livrer une nouvelle galette placée sous le signe de l'amour, dont voici un extrait, Celebrate en version acoustique :

mika.png

The China Boy bit causes the song to make more sense to me. It's about someone trying to get over a breakup. On the one hand, he's free again and that's good, but on the other hand, his heart is broken and he hopes to feel better soon. I wish the China Boy part was on the cd version.

I already asked somewhere, but don't remember in which thread what is the meaning of "china boy"? Is there an expression "china boy" or he means China boy or boy made of porcelain, I really don't understand that part. :blush-anim-cl:

You asked in this thread

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27363

And there's some answers/interpretations to it there.