Anna Dello Russo 3Words Interview: MIKA, Oct 2012

Mina Alisa

MIKA.gif

Mika returns with his new album

“The Origin of Love”

Download >

I asked Mika to answer my questions in 3 Words

3 words to describe “music changes” that you’ve done with this new album.

Mischievous. Joy. Chasing.

3 things you are scared of.

The ocean. Death. The smell of fish soup. All in equal order.

3 words to describe your fans.

Creative. Generous. Dangerous.

3 fundamental elements for the perfect pop song.

Melody. Lyrics that roll of the tongue. And fantasy.

3 good reasons to come back home.

Bare feet, fireplace and actual walls.

(The only private place when traveling on planes and trains seems to be the toilet.)

Name 3 great showmen/show women.

Barbara Streisand. Nina Simone. David Byrne.

3 qualities that a true showman should have.

Generosity. Confidence. And desperation.

3 artists whose work inspires you?

Encyclopaedia Pictura. Rachel Whiteread. Bjork.

3 situations in which you are unable to speak.

At a party full of strangers. At immigration. When I like someone.

Describe how the future is looking.

Ever-changing, but free.

3 ways to use a piano.

Pluck the strings. Sing into it. Dance on it.

(Interview by Giuliano Federico)

http://www.annadellorusso.com/2012/10/09/mika-3-words-interview/

Edited by mellody
url was in IMG tags

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is really big cos Anna Dello Russo is big name in fashion and she has great style and this I love when big names talks about our boss :wub2:

I just wait to see in some fashion magazine MIKA style icon ... I think he really deserve something like that :biggrin2:

Most individual fans are not dangerous, but the concept of having fans is. If he ever reads our conversations here, he'll be in serious danger of becoming a delusional megalomaniac...

...no, if he ever reads our conversations here, he is most likely to get paranoia :mf_rosetinted:

i can think of a lot of reasons why he might think we're dangerous. :naughty: first and foremost, because he really has to be careful what he says or tweets cause he knows that a) he couldn't write a tweet without some mfcer noticing,no matter how fast he'd delete it (i remember those drunk tweets from dubai or where that was? :teehee:) and b) we know too much about him already and put his new interviews in this context. he can't really fool us. ( tho he keeps trying :teehee:)

i can think of a lot of reasons why he might think we're dangerous. :naughty: first and foremost, because he really has to be careful what he says or tweets cause he knows that a) he couldn't write a tweet without some mfcer noticing,no matter how fast he'd delete it (i remember those drunk tweets from dubai or where that was? :teehee:) and b) we know too much about him already and put his new interviews in this context. he can't really fool us. ( tho he keeps trying :teehee:)

:lmfao:

I have to agree with you :naughty:

plus, even his friends and co-workers have to be careful what they post on the internet... i just remembered cherisse's accidentially public tweet about not being in the band anymore. :fisch: and wasn't there some studio assistant or photographer or something once who had tweeted something they shouldn't have? :teehee:

anyway, if that's what he means by calling us dangerous, i can live with that. :pinkbow::angel_not:

and wasn't there some studio assistant or photographer or something once who had tweeted something they shouldn't have? :teehee:

Huh? :blink:

I'm not surprised he called us, fans dangerous. As you've said, we discover everything, so he needs to be careful, but also, we always find a way to get to him. And we're everywhere. And it's not like people who know his music are everywhere, it's like the mfcers are everywhere, quite often unexpected I guess:naughty:

I'm not sure if I made it clear..:aah:

Wait... MFCers figured that out? How?

not sure, but probably with that online list of songs & their songwriters... i keep forgetting the link but it's somewhere on mfc. that's also how mika's new songtitles get figured out before he releases them.

Huh? :blink:

i don't remember what exactly it was, but there was a guy who tweeted about something that shouldn't have been public (yet), might've been a videoshoot or something like that, i don't remember... and the guy set his twitter account to private shortly after, but it was too late, was already on mfc. :naughty:

or simply things like this london photographer tweeting about mika missing a photoshoot because he didn't feel well, and all the get well soon tweets from mfcers to mika that followed this. :lmfao:

about fans being everywhere, i don't know... he might mean that as well, but luckily not in all countries fans stalk him to hotels, airports and trains. :wink2: tho i must say he kinda provokes it a bit if he tweets about how lovely it was that those spanish fans waited at the hotel for him, for example... :fisch:

plus, even his friends and co-workers have to be careful what they post on the internet... i just remembered cherisse's accidentially public tweet about not being in the band anymore. :fisch: and wasn't there some studio assistant or photographer or something once who had tweeted something they shouldn't have? :teehee:

anyway, if that's what he means by calling us dangerous, i can live with that. :pinkbow::angel_not:

Ha-ha, and I still have those Funny but Odd tweets saved as a Web-page :wink2:

:no:

I don't think I'm ever going to get up to speed here... not unless I go through all 3,713,869 posts... (3,713,870 now, at least). I don't even know what he tweeted in those drunk tweets... tried to find it here, but couldn't :crybaby:

:no:

I don't think I'm ever going to get up to speed here... not unless I go through all 3,713,869 posts... (3,713,870 now, at least). I don't even know what he tweeted in those drunk tweets... tried to find it here, but couldn't :crybaby:

oh boy. Dunny d X NY dFunny but odd

oh boy c Fy X cy Xfunny feeling

Wait... MFCers figured that out? How?

well, a guy I know bought Eros Ramazzotti CD. It was a Greatest hits + two bonus tracks which were new songs. Michael Penniman was listed as one of the back singers, but the author was Alice :wink2:

CD 1 as listed below:

EROS RAMAZZOTTI - E2 (2xCD, AUSTRALIA)

DATE: 12.NOVEMBER.2007 LABEL: Sony BMG CAT NO.: [unknown]

DISC ONE:

1.16. Ci Parliamo Da Grandi

Writers: E. Ramazzotti - N. Agliardi/G. Chambers - Alice

Published: EMI Music Publishing UK/Dodgy Holiday/ViaMeda Ed.Mus/Universial Music Publishing Ricordi S.R.L.

Produced: Guy Chambers & Richard Flak

Recorded: Richard Flack & Paul Stanborough at Sleep Recording Studios & Angel Recording Studios, London Mixed at Konk Studios, London

Drums: Keith Prior

Bass Guitar/Keyboards: Guy Chambers

Electric Guitars: Luke Potashnick/Paul Stanbotough

Acoustic Guitars: Luke Potashnick

Pedal Steel: Melvin Duffy

Backing Vocals: G. Chambers/M. Penniman/E. Ramazzotti

(p) 2007 sony BMG Music Enterainment (Nederlands) B.V.

the song is beautiful, and I don't like Ramazzotti at all :naughty:

Edited by robertina