Anna Dello Russo 3Words Interview: MIKA, Oct 2012

Mina Alisa

well, a guy I know bought Eros Ramazzotti CD. It was a Greatest hits + two bonus tracks which were new songs. Michael Penniman was listed as one of the back singers, but the author was Alice :wink2:

CD 1 as listed below:

EROS RAMAZZOTTI - E2 (2xCD, AUSTRALIA)

DATE: 12.NOVEMBER.2007 LABEL: Sony BMG CAT NO.: [unknown]

DISC ONE:

1.16. Ci Parliamo Da Grandi

Writers: E. Ramazzotti - N. Agliardi/G. Chambers - Alice

Published: EMI Music Publishing UK/Dodgy Holiday/ViaMeda Ed.Mus/Universial Music Publishing Ricordi S.R.L.

Produced: Guy Chambers & Richard Flak

Recorded: Richard Flack & Paul Stanborough at Sleep Recording Studios & Angel Recording Studios, London Mixed at Konk Studios, London

Drums: Keith Prior

Bass Guitar/Keyboards: Guy Chambers

Electric Guitars: Luke Potashnick/Paul Stanbotough

Acoustic Guitars: Luke Potashnick

Pedal Steel: Melvin Duffy

Backing Vocals: G. Chambers/M. Penniman/E. Ramazzotti

(p) 2007 sony BMG Music Enterainment (Nederlands) B.V.

the song is beautiful, and I don't like Ramazzotti at all :teewee:

I don't think that quite explains how anyone could possibly have spotted it and linked it to Mika, but I guess other people pay closer attention to booklets than me :naughty:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that quite explains how anyone could possibly have spotted it and linked it to Mika, but I guess other people pay closer attention to booklets than me :naughty:

thay guy is a fan of Mika as well as Ramazzotti, that's why he spotted M. Penniman/Dodgy Holiday etc on the booklet :wink2:

and actually it was not 'anyone' but just him!

he told me and we could keep it discrete for some time, then someone happened to listen to some questions we asked Mika about it, and it all blew out.

Edited by robertina

thay guy is a fan of Mika as well as Ramazzotti, that's why he spotted M. Penniman/Dodgy Holiday etc on the booklet :wink2:

he told me and we could keep it discrete for some time, then someone happened to listen to some questions we asked Mika about it, and it all blew out.

The way he talks about it now, I don't think he minds. Or perhaps the other aliases haven't surfaced because he has become more careful now :naughty:

I didn't even know about that. We were discussing it here because Alice was cross referenced with Michael Penniman in the BMI database. People thought it was a mistake but the Ramazzotti album artwork was available online and Mika was listed as a performer on the song.

I think one of the things Mellody is referring to was an engineer/intern in the studio in Montreal who was blabbing that Mika was there working with Nick Littlemore until 100 Mika fans descended on him and he realized maybe he shouldn't be so indiscreet if he wants to keep his job. :naughty:

not sure, but probably with that online list of songs & their songwriters... i keep forgetting the link but it's somewhere on mfc. that's also how mika's new songtitles get figured out before he releases them.

i don't remember what exactly it was, but there was a guy who tweeted about something that shouldn't have been public (yet), might've been a videoshoot or something like that, i don't remember... and the guy set his twitter account to private shortly after, but it was too late, was already on mfc. :naughty:

or simply things like this london photographer tweeting about mika missing a photoshoot because he didn't feel well, and all the get well soon tweets from mfcers to mika that followed this. :lmfao:

about fans being everywhere, i don't know... he might mean that as well, but luckily not in all countries fans stalk him to hotels, airports and trains. :wink2: tho i must say he kinda provokes it a bit if he tweets about how lovely it was that those spanish fans waited at the hotel for him, for example... :fisch:

I didn't even know about that. We were discussing it here because Alice was cross referenced with Michael Penniman in the BMI database. People thought it was a mistake but the Ramazzotti album artwork was available online and Mika was listed as a performer on the song.

I think one of the things Mellody is referring to was an engineer/intern in the studio in Montreal who was blabbing that Mika was there working with Nick Littlemore until 100 Mika fans descended on him and he realized maybe he shouldn't be so indiscreet if he wants to keep his job. :naughty:

Aww yess! Evan the intern:naughty:

about fans being everywhere, i don't know... he might mean that as well, but luckily not in all countries fans stalk him to hotels, airports and trains. :wink2: tho i must say he kinda provokes it a bit if he tweets about how lovely it was that those spanish fans waited at the hotel for him, for example... :fisch:

When he was in Toronto he was moaning about Jonas Brothers fans in his hotel and then started tweeting his whereabouts 5 times a day. He was at Cirque du Soleil, he was rehearsing in a warehouse, he was here, he was there. I was thinking jeez Mika if you want some attention from your own fans just tell John to call us and we'll be right over. :roftl: We did come across him by chance later of course but if anyone had wanted to find him before that it would have been easy enough.

When he was in Toronto he was moaning about Jonas Brothers fans in his hotel and then started tweeting his whereabouts 5 times a day. He was at Cirque du Soleil, he was rehearsing in a warehouse, he was here, he was there. I was thinking jeez Mika if you want some attention from your own fans just tell John to call us and we'll be right over. :roftl: We did come across him by chance later of course but if anyone had wanted to find him before that it would have been easy enough.

LOL

Yes, and his tweets from Portugal "this is the view from my hotel window" was a clear claim for Wonka and her fresh products...

Or when he suddenly remembers how he liked some ice cream someone brought to him the last time he was there, and stuff...

He can´t moan, cause most of the times, all the blame goes on him.:teehee:

LOL

Yes, and his tweets from Portugal "this is the view from my hotel window" was a clear claim for Wonka and her fresh products...

Or when he suddenly remembers how he liked some ice cream someone brought to him the last time he was there, and stuff...

He can´t moan, cause most of the times, all the blame goes on him.:teehee:

He can't live without adrenaline and his dangerous fans! :teehee:

haha, yes, that was it! :naughty:

He can't live without adrenaline and his dangerous fans! :teehee:

:lmfao::naughty: exactly, and don't forget, he's dangerous for us as well - all that adrenaline before and during the shows, lack of sleep, endless nerve-wrecking waiting for the new album, hours on the internet while we should do something else... dangerous mika! acute.gif:teehee:

:lmfao::naughty: exactly, and don't forget, he's dangerous for us as well - all that adrenaline before and during the shows, lack of sleep, endless nerve-wrecking waiting for the new album, hours on the internet while we should do something else... dangerous mika! acute.gif:teehee:

That's why I'm at MFC all day long sacrificing my work - I'm a crazy fool and I need to medicate myself :rasta: