Mika Audio Interview on Culture Cafe, 17.10.2012 - recorded Sept. 27 - Dublin

mellody

"Nessy catches up with Mika and chats about his new album The Origin of Love.

Podcast can be downloaded from http://nessymon.com/2012/10/17/culture-cafe-podcast-interview-with-mika/

please download from this link and no other, or please do not host this podcast yourself."

[YOUTUBE]kciPk2e760k[/YOUTUBE]

thanks kodes for posting it on twitter!

i didn't have time to listen yet, it's 17 minutes! :shocked:

Edited by mari62
adding link to the author's site

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you girls!!

That's interesting:

I had the privilege of catching up with Mika when he was in Dublin on September 27th for Arthur’s Day. I wasn’t really sure what to expect, maybe I was about to meet a complete pop starish diva, that couldn’t have been further from the truth.

I really loved chatting to Mika, about love, his life, his wanting to write music for movies. I’d love to sit down to him over a coffee for an hour, he’s a really interesting guy which so many layers to him.

Enjoy the podcast, this was originally broadcast on September 27th. Keep an eye out for my review of Mika’s new album ‘The Origin of Love’.

Edited by mari62
deleting d/l link as requested by the author of the interview

[YOUTUBE]kciPk2e760k[/YOUTUBE]

thanks kodes for posting it on twitter!

i didn't have time to listen yet, it's 17 minutes! :shocked:

He forgot to mention his 40's, 50's and 60 yofans!:sneaky2:

Never thought you'd be age prejudiced Mr.P!!!!:sneaky2:

:mikacool::mikacool::mikacool:

thank you girls!!

That's interesting:

I had the privilege of catching up with Mika when he was in Dublin on September 27th for Arthur’s Day. I wasn’t really sure what to expect, maybe I was about to meet a complete pop starish diva, that couldn’t have been further from the truth.

I really loved chatting to Mika, about love, his life, his wanting to write music for movies. I’d love to sit down to him over a coffee for an hour, he’s a really interesting guy which so many layers to him.

Enjoy the podcast, this was originally broadcast on September 27th. Keep an eye out for my review of Mika’s new album ‘The Origin of Love’.

Those journalists don't even know the priviledge they've got. We can dream about this for ever :mf_rosetinted:

He forgot to mention his 40's, 50's and 60 yofans!:sneaky2:

Never thought you'd be age prejudiced Mr.P!!!!:sneaky2:

He did correct himself, adding 'most of them', which is probably true... I'm sure he was thinking about you when he said that :itsok:

He did correct himself, adding 'most of them', which is probably true... I'm sure he was thinking about you when he said that :itsok:

Well I notice that a lot of the fans are much younger than I am. But I also see older people there too. Alan and I never feel like the odd-ones-out, and that we shouldn't be there.

But when Alan and I went to see GaGa (His wish, not mine) it was like the fans were from another planet. Totally different from the Mika fans and all very young. It was just an excuse for a booze-up for them. We got covered with beer, and the so-called fans didn't even stop going to the bar, so they could listen to her.

I didn't enjoy that concert at all. There was also this band called Semi-Precious-Weapons. They were awful! They sounded like someone was cutting off their semi-precious weapons whilst they were on stage.

Well I notice that a lot of the fans are much younger than I am. But I also see older people there too. Alan and I never feel like the odd-ones-out, and that we shouldn't be there.

But when Alan and I went to see GaGa (His wish, not mine) it was like the fans were from another planet. Totally different from the Mika fans and all very young. It was just an excuse for a booze-up for them. We got covered with beer, and the so-called fans didn't even stop going to the bar, so they could listen to her.

I didn't enjoy that concert at all. There was also this band called Semi-Precious-Weapons. They were awful! They sounded like someone was cutting off their semi-precious weapons whilst they were on stage.

As I'm hanging out in the oldingsthread most of the time, I'm well aware that Mika really has fans of all ages, and I love that about the MFC too. There's people here from different backgrounds on so many different levels, whether it's nationality, religion, but also age and general interests (apart from one that we share :wink2:). But I would guess he is probably right that his 'key demographic', at least in terms of who goes to gigs, is between 16 and 30. I don't think he meant to express an opinion or forget his older fans, it's just a matter of fact (and in this case I don't even think it's a Mikafact :mf_rosetinted:).

As I'm hanging out in the oldingsthread most of the time, I'm well aware that Mika really has fans of all ages, and I love that about the MFC too. There's people here from different backgrounds on so many different levels, whether it's nationality, religion, but also age and general interests (apart from one that we share :wink2:). But I would guess he is probably right that his 'key demographic', at least in terms of who goes to gigs, is between 16 and 30. I don't think he meant to express an opinion or forget his older fans, it's just a matter of fact (and in this case I don't even think it's a Mikafact :mf_rosetinted:).

Truth is he just thinks we're :old:and won't be around to buy his 27th record,so he puts us aside!!!:sneaky2:

wonka don't be so negative. i'm sure what he really wants to say is that we all look so young, like we're not older than 30. :pinkbow::naughty:

I'm sure it was a flattering comment, yes...

Us being the young beauites he sees in the front row every ****in gig...:fisch:

Or else....:sneaky2:

Hi There,

I'm Nessy, I did the interview with Mika. I would appreciate it if you did not take my copyrighted material and host it yourself. The interview is already hosted for download on my website http://nessymon.com/2012/10/17/culture-cafe-podcast-interview-with-mika/

I've just finished college and I am trying to get sponsorship for my blog and therefore rely on hits coming to my blog. Hosting my podcasts on other sites, jeopardises me being able to interview and host future interviews from Mika and other musicians.

Thanks for your time,

Nessy

nessymon.com

Edited by mari62
deleting d/l link as requested by the author of the interview

Hi There,

I'm Nessy, I did the interview with Mika. I would appreciate it if you did not take my copyrighted material and host it yourself. The interview is already hosted for download on my website http://nessymon.com/2012/10/17/culture-cafe-podcast-interview-with-mika/

I've just finished college and I am trying to get sponsorship for my blog and therefore rely on hits coming to my blog. Hosting my podcasts on other sites, jeopardises me being able to interview and host future interviews from Mika and other musicians.

Thanks for your time,

Nessy

nessymon.com

Hi Nessy,

first of all thank you for the lovely interview and welcome to the MFC :)

We apologize for the inconvenience; as you can see, I've deleted our download link, and we are just leaving a link to your website :)