• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the man himself

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

Going on stage at 9:15. #MikaColiseu

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

After a day of going in and out of doctors offices am backstage at The Coliseum in Lisbon. Arguably one of the most beautiful venues ever.

Best ****ing amazing gig i've ever been to!

Nowi can die happy!

And i'm off to bed, just passed by to say this...Mika is deffo the best artist we could have chosen to follow...he had a ****ing cold and sang through 2 full hrs!!!

<seeuguys tomorrowz i'm dead! :bye:

Hello lovelies! Let me just finish my tea & toasts and I'll write something.

First thoughts: :wub2:.

Best ****ing amazing gig i've ever been to!

Nowi can die happy!

And i'm off to bed, just passed by to say this...Mika is deffo the best artist we could have chosen to follow...he had a ****ing cold and sang through 2 full hrs!!!

<seeuguys tomorrowz i'm dead! :bye:

I totally subscribe this! Later I'll do a report :thumb_yello:

Here we go...

First things first: THANK YOU TO THE BEST GANG IN THE WHOLE UNIVEEEEEEEEERSE! Each gig I think the same: these things, without a great group of people to share the moment with you, are not half the fun. :wub2:

So, soundcheck party first:

Mika was late late late late late late, and we were almost willing to kill him :aah: but then, we finally got in, sat front row and it all started to roll. He said he had been to the doctor, he'd been taking medicines all day and that he almost cancelled the show.

My heart skipped a beat. SAY WHAT??? :shocked: Poor guy, he said he was incredibly embarassed to go on stage like that... his voice was so weak!

But then he said he'd need our help, bla bla bla, we cheered, he giggled, we "aaaaawwwwwed", he smiled, we "aaaawwwwwed" again...you know, usual stuff. :naughty:

It wasn't exactly a "party", but at some point it felt like a private acoustic show. Which was obviously 10000 times better than talking to him for 2 minutes and having him sign something.

Highlights of the SP:

- Wonka complaining that her choir video was refused because of her husky voice. Mika told her to blame it on Max. Poor little one. :aah:

- Me, trying to teach him how to say "I only love you when i'm drunk" in portuguese. Hilarious! I ended up writing it down. He saved that piece of paper and took it to the gig. It's precious, Mika, keep it. :mf_rosetinted:

- Giving the guy fresh products. "FRESH PRODUCTS??" he said. Yeah, Mika. It's us again. He shared some with the band and choir.

It was so cool, so relaxed, so intimate... Loved it!

Edited by Mary

That soundcheck sounded awesome Mary!! Wow!! :biggrin2:

And the seats look awesome too. :aah:

Oh, speaking of the seats, Mika asked the venue people to let us stay inside to keep our front seats. :wub2: Cuuuuuuuute!

We stayed there for about 30 seconds when the gig started, tho... Spent the whole thing standing... :aah:

But yeah, it was awesome! Great to see also how they work, how they do those final little details of the show, etc. Really cool stuff! :thumb_yello:

Edited by Mary

But then he said he'd need our help, bla bla bla, we cheered, he giggled, we "aaaaawwwwwed", he smiled, we "aaaawwwwwed" again...you know, usual stuff.

awww so sweet that he asked for your help and that the Portuguese audience was so incredible like he said on twitter:wub2:

thanks for the lovely report Mary!!

Shame on us when our gig thread has been fulled upwith pics by a little japanese fan...:mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:

Thanks eriko dearest...:huglove:

we feel like zombies today,i'll write my report later...:thumb_yello:

Take care, get well SOON !!! I can't wait for your report !! :huglove:

This gig was AMAZING! Definitely the best I've been too! He filled the room with so much energy even though he was ill!

Well, Klump and I are currently at our creepy hostel, about to go sightseeing in Lisbon! Wish we could go to the gig in Madrid as well though :(

I'll write a proper review tomorrow when I get back home to Denmark ;)

This gig was AMAZING! Definitely the best I've been too! He filled the room with so much energy even though he was ill!

Well, Klump and I are currently at our creepy hostel, about to go sightseeing in Lisbon! Wish we could go to the gig in Madrid as well though :(

I'll write a proper review tomorrow when I get back home to Denmark ;)

What did i say when u 2 left the car?

Remember i mentionned coachroaches??? :lmfao:

Have fun inlisbon and a nice trip back home..

It was very nice to meet you both...:huglove:

Sendmy regards to klump