2012 MIKA @ Coliseum, Lisbon, PORTUGAL - 22 November: REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

mari62

This gig was AMAZING! Definitely the best I've been too! He filled the room with so much energy even though he was ill!

Well, Klump and I are currently at our creepy hostel, about to go sightseeing in Lisbon! Wish we could go to the gig in Madrid as well though :(

I'll write a proper review tomorrow when I get back home to Denmark ;)

It was lovely to meet you both! :huglove: Have fun in Lisbon, and safe trip back to Denmark!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What did i say when u 2 left the car?

Remember i mentionned coachroaches??? :lmfao:

Have fun inlisbon and a nice trip back home..

It was very nice to meet you both...:huglove:

Sendmy regards to klump

Theres no coachroaches :b just a freezing room and creepy people living here :b it's very clean though xD and our room has a beautiful view :D

Yesterday I fell asleep before I could start writing the report of the gig itself... :blush-anim-cl:

First: choir. A-MAZING. :wub2: So proud of our girls (and boy). They did a wonderful job!

To be honest, I hardly noticed the band yesterday. I must say, that never happens to me, I usually spend a whole lot of time looking at them, what they're doing, how they interact with Mika and with each other... but this time I was fascinated with Mika's capacity of performing on a sh*tty day, almost without voice, and also with his reaction everytime the audience cheered for him.

Only a true artist does that (not that I had any doubts, but still...). :wub2: The gig was cut short, Step With Me and Elle Me Dit were on the setlist but he didn't play them, but I don't really care. I can wait a bit more to hear Step With Me live...

We could see he was frustrated everytime he opened his mouth and the higher notes didn't come out (Max sang some of the parts, Mika couldn't do it) but at the same time, the audience response was so incredible, that it made the whole thing feel good. I can honestly say, this was one of the best gigs he played here, his reactions were so genuine, so cute, that even the reporters who were at the soundcheck were all "awwwwwwww". :aah: The atmosphere was brilliant! I'm very proud of him, and proud of us too.

I don't know what more can I say... Loved it! Very different from what we're used to, yes, but equally fantastic! :wub2:

I'll let the others tell something too, now! :naughty:

Edited by Mary

Thanks for you reports!!! :flowers2: Awww, he must have been so happy to have an audience like that, I can imagine it wasn't easy to sing having a massive cold but in the end he still did an amazing, high-energy show :wub2:

His gigs never had a bad review here, but this one has the best ever! :shocked: Even sick, he was so great that he's getting more compliements for this gig that he had for the other 6 shows he played here! :aah:

Group pic at the soundcheck party, from Universal Portugal's FB:

14369_10151161881705897_1816497175_n.jpg

(maybe a bit too big, sorry... :blush-anim-cl:)

FINALLY MY PIC WITH mIKA (3 metres away and another 60 peeps) ...:sneaky2:

Dang it!:sneaky2:

Onde e que tu tas maryyy????

Edit: Dumb wonka :doh:, tas mesmo ao meu lado :lmfao:

Edited by willywonka

Group pic at the soundcheck party, from Universal Portugal's FB:

14369_10151161881705897_1816497175_n.jpg

(maybe a bit too big, sorry... :blush-anim-cl:)

Oh that is so cool. How did they decide who attended? Was it arranged in advance or they just handed out wristbands to people who queued up early?

Thanks for the gig report. I'm always curious to hear about certain cities/countries because the gigs there always seem to be special. And Portugal is definitely one of them.

Oh, I know what I forgot to tell, our surprise this time! :aah:

We got inspired by the Celebrate video, and we took tons of magazines to the gig, ripped the pages and gave everyone there one, for them to crunch and throw during Celebrate!

We thought people wouldn't join us, or at least not everyone...we were SO WRONG! Everyone loved the idea, and during Celebrate there was paper flying everywhere!! :aah: So cool!

We also had confetti, balloons, serpentines... What a huge party! (and a huge mess too, I feel bad for whoever had to clean up the room after the gig... :blush-anim-cl: )

Oh that is so cool. How did they decide who attended? Was it arranged in advance or they just handed out wristbands to people who queued up early?

Thanks for the gig report. I'm always curious to hear about certain cities/countries because the gigs there always seem to be special. And Portugal is definitely one of them.

There were contests, around 20 of us won, and took one person with us. As there were some wristbands left, they also gave them to the people who queued up early (and some not so early, they were just lucky people...lol) . :wink2:

There were contests, around 20 of us won, and took one person with us. As there were some wristbands left, they also gave them to the people who queued up early (and some not so early, they were just lucky people...lol) . :wink2:

Not me...

I was picked up after bribing mika with pastry and choccies...:mikacool::mikacool::mikacool:

FINALLY MY PIC WITH mIKA (3 metres away and another 60 peeps) ...:sneaky2:

Dang it!:sneaky2:

Onde e que tu tas maryyy????

Edit: Dumb wonka :doh:, tas mesmo ao meu lado :lmfao:

Bem... eu estava ao teu lado, abraçaste-me e depois perguntaste-me onde é que tinha estado... acho que alguém bebeu um copo a mais...:aah:

Soundcheck party with 60 ppl? WOW

it's a small gig actually! :aah:

Our boss loves to give away surprises too... :thumb_yello: surprise each other!

He missed the champagne and hot cocoa to go with the fresh products though...:sneaky2:

CHEAP CHEAP MIKA!!!

:mf_rosetinted: