2012 MIKA @ Coliseum, Lisbon, PORTUGAL - 22 November: REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

mari62

So much material for Wonka :naughty: Thanks Eriko!

Right-i-o-!!:naughty:

Yesterday I fell asleep before I could start writing the report of the gig itself... :blush-anim-cl:

First: choir. A-MAZING. :wub2: So proud of our girls (and boy). They did a wonderful job!

To be honest, I hardly noticed the band yesterday. I must say, that never happens to me, I usually spend a whole lot of time looking at them, what they're doing, how they interact with Mika and with each other... but this time I was fascinated with Mika's capacity of performing on a sh*tty day, almost without voice, and also with his reaction everytime the audience cheered for him.

Only a true artist does that (not that I had any doubts, but still...). :wub2: The gig was cut short, Step With Me and Elle Me Dit were on the setlist but he didn't play them, but I don't really care. I can wait a bit more to hear Step With Me live...

We could see he was frustrated everytime he opened his mouth and the higher notes didn't come out (Max sang some of the parts, Mika couldn't do it) but at the same time, the audience response was so incredible, that it made the whole thing feel good. I can honestly say, this was one of the best gigs he played here, his reactions were so genuine, so cute, that even the reporters who were at the soundcheck were all "awwwwwwww". :aah: The atmosphere was brilliant! I'm very proud of him, and proud of us too.

I don't know what more can I say... Loved it! Very different from what we're used to, yes, but equally fantastic! :wub2:

I'll let the others tell something too, now! :naughty:

He missed the champagne and hot cocoa to go with the fresh products though...:sneaky2:

CHEAP CHEAP MIKA!!!

:mf_rosetinted:

As always u do the serious report and i do the silly one!:mf_rosetinted:

soooo....

Mika had the flu we were all afraid of getting it so we tried to keep away from him the most we could except for someone that touched his butt!

No thats' not true but kindof...:mikacool:

As soon aswe got inside the soundcheck/gig room

he started speaking abooutthechoir and i started ranting that i've sent a vid which was denied because of my sexy husky cavewoman voice (rosie :naughty:) and then he said blame it on max!

Max shrudded his shoulders and started to hide under the piano

maybe in fear of the wonka rage:mikacool:

So i calmed him down and said i would never hurt a shortie and so on...(not):mikacool:

Then mary gave him the pastry we boughtand i tried to remind him it was the same pastry we delivered at the hotel the last time he was in lisbon, and i failed andmentioned fresh products.

He open his eyes wide opened and asked: FRESH PRODUCTS?????

Yeah i said, the same pastry u stuffed yourself with last time u went to lisbon...and he laughed then gave a box to the choir and another one to the band and i yelled: save some for you momma and he ignored me saying he'd do the hounours of givingpeeps food and notme...:sneaky2:

Theni asked if we could give him our gifts ( a painting, an incense box and some choccies) and he replied: well u can't eat paintings can u? hand me over the choccies and we'll light some incense here on stage...and i was :shocked:

Then the IOLywID part:

He started asking how to say it in portuguese and everyone was telling different versons (mine was the naughtier one of course:naughty::mf_rosetinted:) so mary decided to write it down in a paper...

Gotta go pick up my children, wonka's report follows later on...:bye:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have NO IDEA how good the reviews are. Everyone compliementing the connection between Mika and the fans, and saying that it was worth going there just to see that, despite Mika's health problems, etc etc. :wub2:

You have NO IDEA how good the reviews are. Everyone compliementing the connection between Mika and the fans, and saying that it was worth going there just to see that, despite Mika's health problems, etc etc. :wub2:

This is what his performances are all about for me. I was really not feeling it the second night in NYC and the crowd felt really subdued to me compared to the night before. But Mika came out and he was in a great mood and brought this amazing energy that the crowd feeds off of and it changes the whole vibe and the whole experience. And of course it goes both ways with the reaction of the audience feeding Mika's energy.

Obrigada !!:huglove:

flv.file D/L link 30.61MB -- http://www.mediafire.com/?mmbpc1zy0gb65fb

[YOUTUBE]4HokcRECqJQ[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Kumazzz
added DL link

This gig was AMAZING! Definitely the best I've been too! He filled the room with so much energy even though he was ill!

Well, Klump and I are currently at our creepy hostel, about to go sightseeing in Lisbon! Wish we could go to the gig in Madrid as well though :(

I'll write a proper review tomorrow when I get back home to Denmark ;)

I'm happy that you enjoyed the show! We are nice people! :mf_rosetinted:

It was very nice to meet you btw!:blush-anim-cl:

@Mary: You forgot to mention my amazing gangnam style dance! :mf_rosetinted:

I'm happy that you enjoyed the show! We are nice people! :mf_rosetinted:

It was very nice to meet you btw!:blush-anim-cl:

@Mary: You forgot to mention my amazing gangnam style dance! :mf_rosetinted:

LILIANA DOES THE GANGNAM STYLE DANCE BETTER THAN PSY HIMSELF! :dance_man: